Ended
Watch

(Mirror Maze) Winters' Thaw

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Sasha

"Wyoming, that is a very quiet state if I recall. What brings you to Sacramento, John?" The Fairest was sweetly curious, but even if he wouldn't tell everyone his reasons, he may at some other point in time. Of all Courts, the Winters had the tenancy to keep to themselves. It was understandable given their tomes of the season.

She turned and smiled at Quick when John mentioned being a Sun Banisher. The man perhaps already had everything in place to do so, and the Onyx Court needed one very soon. "What were your duties as the Banisher?"

"I am originally from Chicago. Although, I did not become a Winter immediately after I was taken. It was only after my travels and return to Chicago that I became such." She offered to break the ice a little.

There is nothing strange about the room. It is the office and lobby of the Mirror Maze. It is more or less a waiting room that has some extra chairs and coffee table for the meeting.

V
    Verne

Chicago. A U.S. City along one of the Great Lakes. Known for... slaughter of meat. Lovely.

Wyoming. Cowboys and Indians. The American sort. Feathers not Curry.

Verne took mental notes of the information volunteered.

"England," he volunteered in his accented Euro-English, "Not far from London, I think. Can't be sure. It's been..." The clockwork veteran's gears spun freely as he sought his personal history before the Wars. "...a while... Is Staffordshire a place? Praps there... Or not."

Verne gave a curt nod to let the others know his rambling account was finished.

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Sun. Banisher? Like... spreading darkness or something? Quick blinks. This is what other Winters do? It sounds a little darker than just keeping secrets. Plus he's from Wyoming. Which is sad. Another blink. Is Sasha looking at him? Hopefully she wasn't just talking to him. That would be embarrassing.

Quick smiles back.

So not-Alex is from some cow state and the crazy guy's a Brit? Takes all kinds. He guesses.

"Grew up in Manhattan. And, same thing,"
    he says, tipping his head in Sasha's direction. "I guess. When it comes to Winter. Didn't join the Court until I made it to Sac. Made plenty of stops along the way, too. So yeah... pretty new to it."

"Either of you guys have to actually choose​ Winter? Like, you know, me?"
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

J
    John Doe

"Laramie's quiet, yea." he bore the bad news to Sasha with a somber tone. "Quiet for all the wrong reasons."

"Trouble started about five, six years ago. Not entirely sure on events that early in the timeline."
    The Faceless sighed, looking to Quick and Verne, "Long story, but, here's the summary. That Freehold is gone. True Fae calling herself The Raven Queen, has it in her clutches."

Then addressing Quick, "I chose Winter," pointing to his face - or lack there of. "I had to make the best of a bad situation. No one noticed me when I was around. They didn't notice me when I came back. Winter provided the strength to endure that extreme social isolation."

S
    Sasha

Her violet eyes widened with interest as Verne mentioned where he may have been from. "England was lovely when I traveled there. But, living anywhere and visiting are two very different things. Although, I visited before..." Trailing off, there was no need to fill in the gaps. "I presume it would look very different to me now."

She'd heard most of Quick's story before, she was there for it. But, Sasha was actually quite pleased that he asked a very interesting question. She would let the other two answer, since Quick knew about her own choice.

The Raven Queen, an interesting choice of a name. "Was she an Autumn?" It could have been obvious, but one never really knew. "That's a shame the entire Freehold is gone. We almost lost ours to a Draconic a few years ago."

While John mentioned his choice, she had a pleased look on her face. For not having a choice after being taken could lead to difficult situations. "I'm glad the Court provided for you. Winter is not always about isolation, yet, when we are forced into that position, I too am thankful for the strength."

J
    John Doe

"Raven was an Autumn. Way too much flashy sorcery not to be." John rubbed the fingers of his left hand in what appeared to be a nervous tick. "It only got worse when I learned the Winter King had been caught in her web."

Looking to Quick and Verne, "You two know what a Sun Banisher does?"

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick frowns in sympathy. A True Fae taking down a whole Freehold? "Sorry to hear that. Like Sasha said, this place had it rough, too. But people bounce back." After saying it, it doesn't sound like much of a consolation. The Elemental rubs the back of his neck.

"Sounds like you were made for it, then. Winter. Staying under the radar makes it easy to hide."

His face turns a little red when he hears about The Raven Queen's 'alliance'. He crosses his arms. Looks John in the face and tries not to sound like he's blaming John. Which he isn't. But the look he gives him is a serious one. "So your King, what, lost his balls? Like... aren't leaders supposed to be strong-willed?" He can hardly believe himself for saying it. But it needed to be said. And what about the other Winters? They couldn't keep him on the right path? Were they all Autumn's bitches? Quick shakes his head.

The question gets Quick blinking. Nope. Not a clue. "Nope. Not a clue. Sounds ominous, though."

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Quick's crassness raised a brow with the Fairest. It was straight to the point. Yet, it also was telling how he may not know much about manipulation. Anyone could get caught up in it. Their Freehold almost did, Fairweather was quite a trickster. "Quick, there are ways of doing that, it depends on how powerful your foe is. There are ways of veiling yourself to deceive the most savvy of people. We once had someone in this Freehold that could wear many faces. Thankfully they were on our side." She tried to be as gentle as she could to help the Elemental understand. She also didn't want to correlate Sun Banisher's skills with that of someone who could hide far easier than many could imagine.

The talk of faces and the Sun Banisher made her miss Harvey very much, even Green. But, that was in the past. "I know what the Sun Banisher does very well, however, John, it is your role and I think you should speak about it."

The role was not just for Winter, but perhaps it would help the rest of the Freehold in certain situations. Glancing at Verne , wondering if he'd have any thoughts on the matters.

J
    John Doe

"We all have to do what we can, in order to survive."

The Faceless's brows rose up, at the seeming accusation of dereliction of duty. Sasha had beaten him to it. Taking a long breath before speaking, "Quick, I know you're not very wise to the nature of the Courts." He bit his lower lip, exposing shiny teeth in the act. "Free word of advice; avoid speaking ill of a Monarch from another Freehold when you're directly in front of a Monarch."

The Mirrorskin Lurker wriggled his fingers in an apparent tick. "A Sun Banisher is Winter's janitor. I know things no one else supposed to. I vacuum the stray hairs you left behind at the scene. I microwave the harddrive you used. I burn the evidence that happened to go missing from lock-up."

John turned toward Sasha for a moment, "At Winter's discretion, I am rented out to the other Courts."

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick isn't diffused by Sasha's gentleness. His brow furrows. "You know I used to look at everyone like a mark? When I was younger. Fresh to the game. But you learn how to pick your targets. Test the waters and see who's weak. Not bragging about it." he shakes his head. But he's past apologizing for it, too. His friends here had seen to that. "Just saying that I know about manipulating people. Forgive me if I find it hard to, you know, overlook that some 'head honcho' was conned." The Elemental sighs. It shouldn't matter to him. Not only was that not his fight... the fight was already over.

A brow shoots up at John. He can't blame the guy for getting miffed about what Quick said. But he's been part of the Freehold since, what? Breakfast? "If I thought our Monarch would be insulted, I wouldn't have said it. Sasha's not like that. But thanks for the, uh, advice."

"So you're dirty, too?"
    he asks John, once the explanation is laid out. "Any situation outside Freehold business, you're breaking the law. But, I guess, you've found a way to actually use that. For your friends." Quick deflates a little. John's some important Winter 'cleaner' and Quick's still a street con with no direction. It stings his pride. His demeanor sours. He finds himself tapping his foot and eyeing the exit.

12. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.