Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

A nod, Niamh had fresher memories of things like that. People she would and still called friend, treated her in the same manner, but because of their changes position in the Domain, meaning Antinori's ascension to Prince the Domain itself will treat them differently, lest word reaches the Prince...who. Muddy eyes flick to the tattooed women. No one really knew how she'd react to such a slight upon her family.

"Aye, either way. We prove our metal, and go on from there. Our blood inclines us in a certain way, just as the other Clan's blood dose likewise." she answers, "And if Her Majesty says that the discrimination we've been subjected to in other cities is absent here, then good. I'm not about to look a gift horse in the mouth." a pause in the momentum, the water demon hesitates, "Now I know this might not be the time, or place, but no time like the present aye? So, as for proving oneself I wanted to put my name forward to you Your Grace, as a Deputy. Or maybe even Reeve, since the position is now currently vacant." a smile, "Now I know I cannot just have it because I've asked, but I wanted to let you know I'm interested, and willing to prove myself in a task or issue that you need dealt with."

The blond nods having said her piece, before turning once again to the topic of the meeting,

"A formal court? Is that what you're after?" Niamh asked of her Priscus. "We could organize something, like decorations and the like at the Nox Populi,"
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

It wasn’t a shock to her that Mable had experienced stereotyping in other Domains. “I’m sorry you’ve experienced it, but you can’t live in a constant state of worry and fear. One Domain’s sins should not be held against another.” She couldn’t imagine holding a new Domain responsible for another’s unfortunate opinions.

“That seems to cause an unwarranted amount of stress. And we have enough to worry about with the Brood and possibly Hunters.”
    She wasn’t about to lose sleep for something that hadn’t happened.

An eyebrow raises as she shakes her head, “I already told Archon Twist that I didn’t want a huge announcement. And I don’t want a celebration. It’s nothing against you, but I’m just not a flashy person who relishes in parties.” No, there would be no huge party for her being Prince.

A nod and smile was offered to Niamh, “There will always be those who view our Family as Savages, you can’t change that. And I’ve met some Cousins that were a Savages to the letter, and were content that way. If you wish people to view you a certain way, then you present yourself that way. Personally, I’ve used people thinking I’m stupid in my favor. And Niamh is correct,” see, she was trying with the whole first name thing, “I have not seen any discrimination here. The Haunts have even been allowed their Necropolis, even held a Formal Court there under our former Prince. A Kindred’s Family does not define them.” Her voice was soft.

Now this was a surprise.

She looks at her Cousin for a few seconds, “It takes guts to put yourself out there like that. I can appreciate that.” Her voice genuine. “I’m not opposed to the idea of either position for you, but like you said, I need to see you in action. The Domain still has the threat of the Brood, I’ve lost good Kindred to them. So I need to know that you’re willing and able to do what it takes to not only out-think them, but stand and fight them. But I want it known that I will be standing there as well.” That’s right, the Prince was going to continue her fight with the Brood on the front lines. “I would never ask anyone of the Domain to do something I am not willing to do as well. I have a feeling the Brood will be rearing their ugly heads again, and when the time comes, then there is your chance. But I’ve always seen the person as Reeve as being able to use other means besides violence to solve a problem. Not everything we come across requires the use of force, sometimes bringing talks to the table resolves conflicts. And I want to make sure that you can do that.” There was no judgement in her voice, only expressing her views on the position. “We should setup a time for you and I to sit down in my office and discuss things further.” She offers. A concern was the Domain thinking she show favoritism to her simply because she was family. That would not do.

“And thank you for the offer.” She would consider it, no one else had stepped forward yet.

Back to the discussion. “I’m not against it if you want decorate Elysium for a Formal Court. Or even if you had an idea for a themed one. We haven’t had a themed Court in quite a while, so it might be fun and lighthearted.” Her eyes return to Mable. “And before you ask, I know nothing about decorating. I have my butterflied in my office, but that’s the extent.” A light chuckle.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Niamh wanting to step up was great. But she had to agree with Ale. "I agree that talking things out should always been the first line in most situations. And, Niamh, I am really happy that you want to step up and help with security. The brood is a bad group. And our small numbers makes us pretty vulnerable. Do you have experience with security details?" She asks Niamh with sincere curiosity.

to Ale: "If you need a deputy I could step up also. I personally wouldn't want to step into the role of Reeve. I will fight to the death for the domain but prefer to look out for the best interests of our clan. I'm not saying I wouldn't step up into any role you needed, but thought you should know my preferences."

Mable brighten up, "Oh, decorating for the formal court would be really fun." She grinned, "As you know, I love my theme costumes. Maybe I should have been in show business." She laughs a light hearted laugh. "Only if I could do so in the woods of course. When is the next formal court?" Ideas were flying through her mind. This was even better than trying to do a charity event.

"Is there anything specific either of you would like to see happen for our clan? I'd love to find a way to make our domain attractive for other gangrels."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"If you don't do anything, or say anything, if you don't lift a hand to defend your home...what's the point?" Niamh says, "Now I only put myself forward for Reeve because there's no one in that role right now. I've no proper experience in such a role. I've only had to mind security and protection for myself and my companions while we were on the road." she explains, "Miss Takeda, might be a better fit for Reeve." Niamh says, promoting her Coterie mate, "She's Invictus and a skilled warrior. Keen mind she could easily set to leading men," she praises, her perceptions coloured and the words flow easily out. "But about the Brood and these Hunters I've been hearing about...well. I'd very much like to help with that."

She quiets and realizes that she'd taken a fair amount of time in something that didnt pertain exclusively to the clan meeting.

"Themed Courts? As in masquerade balls and the like?" asks then laughs, "Aye, my skills in decorating aren't very fair either. If I'm told to put something somewhere I'd could do that, but to pick colours and patterns, I'm no good at that."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to Mable, “Our small numbers haven’t hindered us thus far. But we have been playing this smart, which works in our favor.” They might be a small group, but they had brains on their side. Something not many Brood could count on.

Smiling, “Not everyone wants the role. It’s a huge responsibility to take on, a lot more stressful than people think. Especially with Brood kicking around.” People seemed to prefer to have someone else take the heat if things went bad.

Blinking, she really seemed all excited about decorating. Which was weird to come from a Savage, but, whatever.

“Well, it’s been a few months, we should be due for one. And while a themed Court would be a nice change of pace, lets not go overboard here.” She didn’t want some Disney themed Court or something crazy.

“Not sure how to make a place more attractive to other Gangrels. I figured word would spread about how accepting the Domain is and that would be enticing enough. It’s what has made me stay and settle here. I would like to see Protean stay within the Clan. I don’t have to explain how dangerous it can be and the damage it can do if misused. But I’m not Priscus, I cannot set that in stone.” She looks to Mable, seeing what she thought. Protean was dangerous if someone unstable had access to it.

Now, this was a very interesting turn of events.

First she puts her name out to become Reeve. Then she retracts it to place another in the running.

Why? Was it simply as she said because no one else had? Or was there something else?

Ale had never been a very trusting Kindred to begin with, blame that on her life before her Embrace.

Eyes study Niamh for a moment, mind working.

“I had no, as you say, proper experience when I stepped into the role. Sure, I had been a deputy, but that isn’t exactly training per say. The responsibility isn’t on you, it falls on that in the Reeve position. You simply follow orders.” She says. “And I’m not the type to promote someone simply for their Covenant status. I would need to meet with her, get to know her. Being a skilled warrior is wonderful, but it doesn’t assure someone a position like Reeve. Like I said, there is more to the role then the ability to fight. Sure, it helps, but it’s not the only thing to consider. The Reeve needs to be able to use his or her mind in every situation. And being Invictus doesn’t guarantee you positions within the Domain." There were bigger factors to consider. “But I thank you, I will keep her name in mind and would still like to have a one on one meeting with you.” She wanted to get to know her Cousin more.

“As to the Brood, we’ve put a good dent in their numbers. We were told they’re fractured, a lot of infighting. Which of course works in our favor. But that doesn’t mean they won’t call for outside help. So I’d like to eliminate them as soon as possible, but we will be proceeding with caution.” You didn’t just run up and attack the Brood. You needed to be smarter than they were and plan accordingly.

Nodding, “One of my favorites was a Steam Punk themed one. Putting together that costume was a ton of fun. I even won the costume contest if you can believe it.” A Gangrel beat out Daeva’s in a costume contest. “There have been ones themed around the book, Around the World in 80 days. Costumed ones always seem to be a hit and stir up fun conversations.” Chuckling, “Like you, I have little to no skill in decorating.”

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

Something seems to occur to the savage, "Im terriblely, terriblely sorry, but I need to see to something" says as she stands,

"Again my apologies." said Bowing to her Priscus and Prince, before finding her way out if the shed, and into the night.

Niamh has fallen into Torpor and must exit the scene.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listens carefully and is unsure what to think about Niamh's offer and retraction. Then she suddenly had to leave. It was very curious, but then Niamh seemed a bit shy or nervous. Like she really hated contact with others.

After Niamh left, Mable addressed Ale. "I have to say I agree with you about many things. I do think we should not give up Protean. And I'm not sure about Niamh or her friend as Reeve. We do need to have someone who can balance strategy, diplomacy, and fight. " Mable looked thoughtful for a moment.

"About the themed court, If we have it now perhaps a green theme in honor of St. Patty's day? Or We could do an Easter themed one and have an egg hunt? We could put fun little bobbles in the eggs? Just a few ideas for starters."
    Mable grinned.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes watch Niamh make her sudden exit.

Curious, she thinks. And what could be more important than getting to know her family?

Her attention shifts back to Mable, nodding her head.

“Thus far, she is the only one to step up and express interest in the position. Not to say it’s going to be hers, I’ll certainly talk with her later.” Not that she needed to or would justify who she put in what position.

“And I’m glad you’re on the same page as me about Protean. It’s such a potent and powerful ability, I don’t want some random Kindred running around halfcocked with our Claws.” She couldn’t even think of the many breaches that could cause.

Wait, an easter egg hunt? What?

“An easter egg hunt?” she was serious. She just recommended having the Kindred of the Domain look for brightly colored eggs with bobbles in them.

“While I like your enthusiasm, I don’t see the Kindred of the Domain looking for eggs around Elysium.”
    Where the hell did that idea come from? And wasn’t that a thing aimed at kids?

“What about a retro theme? Like the Roaring 20’s or a sock hop from the 50’s?” she suggests. “Or people dress for their favorite era? Costumes always make for a fun Court and are great conversation starters.” Least in her opinion.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable worked really hard not to roll her eyes. The domain was full of kindred who were so full of their own self importance that they couldn't have a bit of childish fun. Oh well. Sad as it was it was this way everywhere. Managing to control her eyes, after all Ale was now Prince, Mable responded with a smile "I suppose the group we have wouldn't enjoy that. How about if we have them dress up as their favorite villain from movies or literature?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seemed Mable was content to drop the whole egg hunt thing. Which was good, cause it wasn’t going to fly. They were predators, not children.

“Now that could be fun and interesting! I love it!” even though she remembered a Court similar, it didn’t matter. It was years ago and most of the Domain was new faces.

“So what’s your take on the new faces that have come in the last couple nights?”

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread