Ended
Watch

The Savage Duchess and the Zealous Haunt

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    K
    Krieg

With the conversation shifting more toward the Circle, the massive Haunt was visibly more relaxed. Hearing the Duchess's words of her experiences, and her policies, put him at ease. "Travel is not uncommon among the Acolytes. It's how we as a whole have such diverse structures of beliefs. Some see Loki as the Crone, others revere Athena. Our core philosophies are are mostly homogeneous. Female symbols and icons are universal. As the saying goes, "women on top."

He smiled for a moment, "I am most grateful that Sacramento is welcoming to all Covenants. Sadagura, in Bukovina, was not, however, that's a tale for later."

"That is a tragedy of the highest order." Krieg shook his head in disappointment. "Such treachery is abhorrent. Whatever the Brood promises is a Faustian Pact. The Embrace cures many failings; it does not cure idiocy."

As the Gangrel spoke of the farm, the Nosferatu's eyes gleamed with interest. "I would like to visit this farm. The land can be revitalized. It would be an opportunity to enhance the Domain's wellbeing by feeding the impoverished. Even hire a few as farmhands...and occasional snack. I will have to arrange a meet with Archon Twist. I must learn more."

Her question about the Embrace had obviously sparked interest. "My Grove practiced appeasement to the Underworld. The slumbering Acolyte is laid in a freshly dug grave. The participants in the ritual surround the torpid Acolyte during the first night of her rest. They fill her with pomegranate seeds. She is then buried. Once that is done, they shout vicious obscenities — a game to appease the Mother — and dance."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, “Then I suppose that would explain them drifting in and out of the Domain.” There was then a smirk, “Well, that is a saying I can certainly get behind.” She says with a soft chuckle.

“I’ve been through Domains that were not welcoming both in Italy and over here. It never sat well with me personally. I see differences in beliefs as being educational opportunity’s to learn.
    Sometimes a different point of view can be the light you need.”
    It was simple to her.

“Our last meeting with her, name was Dirge, in case you ever hear it in passing. But she felt the Farm was hers and hers alone. She viewed the Domain and those who resided within it as somehow failing her. The Brood, as she said, welcomed her and helped her in some time of need. It’s not an excuse, and I would still like to see her brought to justice. But those were her reasons.” The story of Alice was for another time. Though she supposed he would hear some type of story about what happened. And hoped he would give others a chance to explain what really happened.

Nodding, “I look forward to seeing what you are able to do with it. And perhaps when things are in order, you’ll invite the Domain to a night there. I may not have completely understood the Solstice in full, but it was still remarkable to observe.” She enjoyed watching and learning. “I’m not sure how much more she will be able to tell you, but she is the longest standing member of the Domain.” Twist may or may not want to talk about another Covenant, but never hurt to ask.

His next words had her wondering about Alice. Had her Ghoul taking her torpored body for something similar? Not that is was an excuse, but she was curious.

“Pomegranate seeds? This is probably a stupid question, but why the seeds? I know the Greek myths about the fruit, but that’s the extent of my knowledge. Of course, you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to, I just enjoy learning. But I have to say, the Circle is more fascinating than I realized.”
    She supposed she could have asked question to Alice. But she always felt the Haunt was busy. Keeping her Family together, dealing with the Domain as Seneschal.

“Do you have any questions about the Domain? I’m afraid your Acknowledgement felt rushed and wanted to make sure there was no lingering questions or concerns.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

K
    Krieg

"Patience is a virtue. Far too many do not seem to practice it, especially with regards to spirituality. I find that when I speak of my faith, it is easier for others. Like yourself, they ask questions."

A brief pause followed. "I am a Skald; a traveling storyteller and teacher. Collecting and sharing tales is what I do best." A self-assured smile appeared. "You have questions, and I have answers."

Upon learning the fate of Dirge, Krieg shakes his head. "Foolish. She turned her back upon the wisdom of the Goddess. Should I happen upon her, I will make do with what I am able. Infernalism must be stamped out like the cockroaches of Hell that they are."

"I am most grateful for your support. I will turn the fruits of my labor into a benefit for the Domain."

A small chuckle. "A stupid question about pomegranate? Hardly. So many do not understand the importance." Another small laugh followed.

"
    A large, dry pomegranate was found in the tomb of Djehuty, the butler of Queen Hatshepsut in Egypt; Mesopotamian cuneiform records mention pomegranates from the mid-third millennium Before Christ on the Gregorian calendar."

"Across the world, pomegranate is most correlated with the Underworld. It bears a mystical imprint. Pardon the vulgar term, consider it a magic charm. Its seeds are vital to one's journey. There is a very specific ritual within Crúac that affects one's Torpid dreams by appeasing Demeter."

At last, questions about the Domain. "I do not mean to put you on the spot. Given your promotion, has a new Reeve been considered?" The Haunt gave more thought to his questions, "Is the conflict resolution of Monomacy here a last resort when all other adjudications have failed? In my experience, Neonates seeking to make a name for themselves put their Requiem on the line in a display of bravado."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A chuckle, “I won’t lie, patience was never my strong suit. But over the years, I’ve developed a bit of it, though it’s still a work in progress.” She says with humor. “And that’s good to know. Though I do know and respect that every Covenant has their secrets.” She’d never push for secrets, it was her thing.

“I’ll have to remember that.”
    She would always have questions, but didn’t want to push how many she could ask in a night.

“I wouldn’t recommend trying to attack her. She is a skilled Haunt, blind, but not helpless. When we met her she had two dogs, but we made short work of them. So I’m not sure if she has new one, or if she would even show her face in the Domain again. Just keep in mind that she is dangerous. I’d rather not lose another Kindred to her.” Especially one she was enjoying talking with.

She had to wonder what would benefit the Domain from the farm? But she’d just have to wait and see. Maybe there would be more evenings observing their practices.

Her face shows interest as she listened.

“I grew up hearing the stories of it with the Underworld, Persephone is my memory serves me right. Has to do with why we have so many months of winter and the other seasons.”
    For some reason, she always loved the story.

“Effects torpid dreams? Does this mean that the belief is that they can influence them to be, lets say, less violent or unpleasant?”
    she’d been in torpor before, the dreams she had still haunted her at times.

Smiling and shaking her head, “You’re not putting me on the spot, I expected there to be question. As of right now, no one has stood out for the position. Nor has anyone stepped forward, but, the nights are still young. Giving our Brood situation, it’s going to have to be someone not afraid to do what needs to be done to address the problem. There are of course other factors to consider.” She just didn’t know anyone well enough within the Domain to name someone Reeve right off the bat.

Monomacy?

Smirking, “I’m a little surprised to have a member of the Circle asking about Monomacy. I’ve seen only one conflict handled with it in my years here. It is not something I take lightly, or want to encourage. But as an Invictus member, I understand it’s uses and why it has its place in politics. Now, it is one of the most important Rituals of the First Estate and not one I want to see Neonates push for because they think it will make a name for themselves. It is a last resort when there has been a personal insult or slight. It is not for a dick measuring contest. If that is desired, then I’m sure we can throw together a Court with the nights activities being duels. But yes, if everything else has failed to resolve the slight, then I am willing to discuss it. But it’s not something I enjoy seeing.” Final Death was, well, Final. And she had caused the Final Death many times and it never sat well with her.

K
    Krieg

A solemn nod of acceptance. His new liege would maintain the privacy of Covenants. His status as a Skald was recognized.

"Oh, dear. That's no good..." he pondered the possibilities. "Assuming she did not have complications with her eyesight, prior to her Embrace, her vision would remain as it was in life." Krieg considered the matter further.

"She could be a
    Baddacelli. They are a Bloodline of blind Nosferatu. But, this is a minor inconvenience compared to what they gain. They effectively have sonar hearing. Thankfully, they're a rare breed."

"Your memory serves you right. Persephone is Demeter's daughter." The Skald smiled in acknowledgement.

"If Demeter finds the offering acceptable, she bestows clarity. The experience is very subjective. This also allows one to differentiate real memories from false ones. As for improving enjoyment, I cannot say with any degree of certainty."

Her answer regarding the vacancy of the Reeve was met with a nod. "Fair point. I'm certain someone will express interest soon enough."

At last, the topic of Monomacy. "My sincerest gratitude. I do so hate to see unnecessary violence."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a slight grimace, “Not that rare of a breed I’m afraid.” How to word this?

“Dirge was of that bloodline. It was a bloodline I did not know about until our previous Seneschal, developed it. So she had an understanding of sorts of what Dirge was capable of. While I wanted to see her skills in use, she was taken out of the fight quite early. But they managed to escape with her torpered body.”
    Though they didn’t get the Spear. Not that it mattered, Dirge was gone. To where, they did not know, and Alice was gone. “So there was two with it.” Not so rare now.

Nodding, “Well, clarity is always a good thing to have. And if it allows you to differentiate real from fake, then it is invaluable. I can speak from experience that the dreams one experiences while in a slumber can be haunting. And can be carried for years, always there, always making you question what was real and what wasn’t.” there was still that pang of guilt over putting Alice into torpor. Even though she knew it was the right thing, it was still difficult for her.

“I look forward to seeing who decides to step forward. It says something to me about that person. Having the guts to put yourself out there even though there is a possibility of rejection is a great attribute.” Then there was a smile, “And they also have to accept that I will not take a backseat in battle. I don’t intend to allow the Kindred of the Domain to fight a fight I’m not willing to as well.” She might be Prince, but she was not about to sit behind a desk and not help.

“Well, I’m not one to shy away from violence. But unnecessary violence is not welcome. We have bigger threats then hurt feelings and egos.”
    As a Savage, violence ran in her blood. “Though I do enjoy a good duel. We had Court a couple months back that had duels. I didn’t participate, thinking my skill with guns was an unfair advantage, but I enjoyed watching. We have some very skilled Kindred in the Domain. There was fencing and shooting. Maybe we’ll have to do that again, it was a nice distraction from the usual social Courts. What do you think? Would you participate in such a Court?” there was genuine interest in her voice.

Though she was surprised he asked about Monomacy and not her tattoos. Not that she cared, it was still a weird subject to discuss outside the Invictus.

K
    Krieg

"Ack," he shook his head in surprise. "That is a tragedy." He pondered the news. "Perhaps that lineage has been more active within the last fifty years or so."

Krieg placed a hand upon his chest, "I know that this may sound...forward..." He hesitated in articulating. "I merely offer it as a gesture of good will. Given both time and trust, I would be willing to help provide insight into these dreams, where possible. A...counseling of sort."

A smile appeared at Alessandra's mention of involvement with the Domain officers. "Now that is precisely how a good leader becomes great. As you well know, those who climb up the mountain can see more, yet, they lose touch with those at the base."

He nodded enthusiastically nearly arising from his seat, "That sounds exciting. A good old bare knuckle brawl!" A large fist pumped in the air. "I love it. Perhaps we could have a duel within a large circle. Victory conditions being to force one's opponent out or yield to the winner."

His excitement abating, he leans back in his seat. "At last, all of my Domain related inquiries are abated." His eyes wandered to her bodily artwork, "I confess, I had forgotten to ask. May I learn a bit of your ink?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shrug, “I have to confess, it was a new bloodline to me. Even more shocking when Alice lost her eyes.” She created a shockingly beautiful sight though.

An eyebrow raised as she looked at him with curiosity, “A counseling of sort? I’d be lying if I didn’t say that has piqued my interest. And I’d eager to hear more about it. Are we talking counseling in the traditional way? Or is there another way?” she really was curious. If he could indeed, provide counseling of some manner, it could prove valuable. Help those coming out of torpor.

Smirking, “I just cannot ask someone to do something I’m not able and willing to do myself. How can someone expect people to follow them if they’re not willing to put themselves at risk? I’ve been at the base for many years, and put my own Danse on the line for this Domain. I see a good leader as someone willing to stand beside you in the face of danger. But also one who weighs the risks and rewards before moving forward. Blindly going into a fight is stupid, and I’ve learned over the years to be more calculated in each move.” It was what made her successful leading the mob back home.

There was a genuine laugh at the enthusiasm. “I must confess, it’s been sometime since I’ve been in or seen a good bare-knuckle brawl. Though there would have to be rules in place, such as limited use of disciplines. My own families presenting too many problems to be allowed.” Yeah, no. Allowing a Savage to use their Claws in a brawl was too large of a danger. “I’ll have to think about it, see if maybe there could be prizes to those who win.” But what? And this was why she needed a Seneschal, to run ideas by. “Though even if we don’t have such a duel for the Domain, I’d welcome the challenge of a brawl.” She’d gladly brawl for fun with someone. It helped hone her skills.

“Oh, well each has a different meaning, a different reason for getting it. I view myself as a canvas of my experiences in both life and death. Some mean more to me than others, but each important in its own way. Take this one,” she moves her leg to expose a black and gray portrait of Beethoven, “I simply love his music. It’s often on loop depending on what I’m doing.” Yeah, a Savage who loved classical music.

“These,”
    a finger delicately points to the stars running down her left temple, “are a reminder to me. A symbol of sorts that I can still be a Savage, heavily tattooed and still carry myself in a feminine way.” A soft chuckle, “I simply have too many and it would take your whole evening for me to explain each one. So I’ll ask if any spark your interest.” It was true, she was covered head to toe. Some he could see, some he couldn’t. And there was usually always one that caught someones attention over another. “And don’t worry about asking,” a soft smile, eyes sparkling, “I get asked all the time and there isn’t a question that would offend or upset me.” A light dismissive hand wave.

K
    Krieg

"Quite so," he remarked on Alice's "condition."

"The Ritual is only a part of the service. In full it would be a mixture of both. It is a matter of trust. You, or whoever else it ends up being, would lay in Torpor. I would remain by your side to ensure you are safe and comfortable." He extended both of his gloved hands, palms upward.

"As I am the enabler of the Ritual, I would sacrifice a portion of my vitae to Demeter. You will carry with you pomegranate seeds. Once you fall asleep, your dreams will be very vivid. It will feel as if you are actually reliving the past. Demeter's favor will help you separate the falsehoods, and the dredge the truth."

After pausing for breath, he continued. "Upon awakening, you will still feel Her touch upon your mind. She will assist your memory recall. I will serve as a non-judgmental counselor. Consider it a form of doctor-patient privacy. Nothing you say will affect my opinion of you, nor will I share it. I will ask you to explain what you saw, how you felt, and do my best to ensure your wellbeing."

A pause in the conversation, Krieg's hands retracted back to his lap. "You are admirable in that regard. While I cannot speak of your predecessor, I am certain he, or she, would be proud to hear your words. To know when to hold back and when to strike is a delicate dance. Hindsight always has perfect assessment."

Claws; the deadly trademark of the Savage Clan. Any Kindred with an ounce of sanity knew that when the claws came out, the situation only had one of three outcomes. Fight in hopes of success. Die painfully. Or run like hell. He'd seen the second and third most often. "I understand your precautions. I'm all for a contest without the use of Disciplines. To see who has the better inherent skill would be impressive."

I would be most privileged to have a spar with you." A smirk played across his lips, "Just leave me able to walk."

Krieg leaned forward to see her tattoo. The Duchess's potent Blood sent a shiver through his body. "That is a marvelous work." His eyes shifted up toward hers as he reclined. "I love his work as well. His music accompanied certain prayers and rites back home."

Ale's gesture to the stars on her left temple, he craned his neck to better view. "I like those," his voice trailed off spotting the tattoo upon her neck. A gloved index finger pointed toward it. "That is also interesting. What is that design?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes narrow slightly as she listens, a shallow and single nod.

“I have to say, that is a very large matter of trust to bestow in another. Certainly you understand reluctance. Trusting your torpored body with another Kindred is what I consider one if the highest forms of trust.” And how can one be comfortable in torpor? She hadn’t been comfortable, she’d been tied down to a chair, with gasoline soaking her clothes. “Not many Kindred are going to agree to enter torpor voluntarily, I only know of one.” She still felt some guilt over doing that to Alice.

“I’m very aware of the dream associated with torpor, they are not pleasant.” Some still vivid in her mind. “But I’m curious, you say it will help separate the truth, are you saying the terrifying and horrid dreams of torpor are lies? Pardon my ignorance on the subject, it’s not something I’ve voluntarily entered. Are the dreams trying to tell us something? Some how force us to face a truth we would normally deny?” she really was trying to figure this out.

“He was a remarkable man in his own right. Lead the Domain with a fair but just hand, in my opinion, large shoes to fill. An intelligent man as well, always had the right thing to say.” She admired Asa.

A chuckle, “A lesson I learned the hard way. I made many mistakes in my Danse, both overseas and here. But, it is those lessons we learn and grow from. If we don’t learn from our pasts and our mistakes, are we really learning?” pride had lead to her death, luck had been her Sire. Wraith had lead her to strike Brittany, grief a hard lesson.

“It certainly would be a true test of skills. To often we rely on our Disciplines and not pure skill. I, for one, have been guilty of that.” Now her Claws were only used if she had no options.

Smirking, “I must say, I’m not sure how a spar would turn out. I need to get back to the basics, I’ve been relying too heavily on my guns and not my strength in fights. I need to focus on training without them.” They didn’t stop Kindred.

A surprised smile, “Another lover of classic music. I find it soothing for a troubled mind, it has also helped spark some creativity as well. Do you have a favorite symphonies?” she enjoyed talking about music, it was different, not Kindred related.

A hand absently went to the right side of her neck, mind quickly doing a recount of what was there.

“Ah, the rose. In tarot, the rose is a symbol of balance, it also expresses hope and new beginnings. The thorns symbolizing loss, and thoughtlessness. The full bloom of the rose symbolizes growth, maturity, and achievement. It is one of the newer ones I have. And by newer, I mean quite a few years old.”
    A laugh. “You could say I’ve done my fair share of growing and maturing as the years have gone by.”

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.