Ended
Watch

A Sea Wolf and a Giant Niamh

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    K
    Krieg

"Funny, how that works out." Krieg looks outward to the Gathering. "I would hate to be Embraced in this time and age. With cameras in pockets everywhere, oh Goddess. I could not fathom how to adjust."

His attention returned to Niamh's face, "We petitioned for compensation. The Magistrate told us, "No." The man paused allowing the silence to convey how cold that situation was. "It was simply, "no." Our Grove took that with great offense. In unison, we departed Court."

"The next night, it rained. It was a light shower at first. Gradually it grew worse. It never paused, nor relented. No part of the Collectivist Domain was spared this second coming of The Great Flood. This endured for thirteen nights. On the first night after the weather cleared up, we returned. The Magistrate was extraordinarily apologetic and promised us a new Grove."

"We informed him that the rain had drowned much of the viable land. We asked he compensate us with enough food and funding to relocate. Happy to be rid of us, he gave us a king's ransom in gold, but was tight-gripped about food. We requested his most useful mortal pawns to serve as our repast. Reluctantly he agreed."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"Many of these younger kindred believe their elders unable to adjust, and it has been interesting. Did you know damn near a million ways to describe a mobile telephone? But to take them, and their toys away....I really don't believe they could swim."

That causes Niamh to blink, "Just a no?" she shakes her head and listens to the rest of his tale. Then the Irish women, laughs, "Oh, I'd have loved to his his face after that."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

K
    Krieg

Krieg shrugged. "Some folks just don't know when to cut their losses." A smirk spread across his lips, "His Prisci Council called for our presence to stripped of status within the Domain. My fellow Acolyte asked, "That is Harpy's job as the voice social conscience. Now, where might she be?" The silence was deafening."

"He had not yet had a new Harpy."
    The giant let out a deep laugh, "To see the Magistrate's face, was a sight I would never forget."

The Haunt idly rubbed the insides of palms with both hands. "It was glorious." The memory brought a smile to his face.

"I did learn something from the Carthians. They had Neonates - probably Ancillae by now - on the cutting edge of technology. They knew how to operate the machines, kept the trains running on time, in a literal sense, and advanced their agenda. So, I imagine, there's something for having a youngster educate those of us born before the Internet."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"Most folks are greedy." Niamh agrees with a wry twist to her lips.

As Niamh listens, she can't help but laugh at the memory relayed and Kreig's obvious enjoyment of it.

"I haven't a memory like that, though I wish I did. There's someone who wronged me and mine and my revenge was by proxy." She remembers the Priest she'll never see again and the night he and his took to the waterways and slaughtered her... "Wish For moments like that we could be photographed."

A nod, "That I understand, I assumed that's why my friend, the shadow was Embraced. Don't even think she's old enough yet to need new paperwork." and that in the days of bureaucracy, was telling to any kindred.

K
    Krieg

Krieg reflected on her statement, "most folks are greedy." It was not entirely without merit. How quick the oppressed became the oppressors. "Fair and accurate assessment."

"Alas, sometimes that is the only means left available. I admit, there is a pleasant schadenfreude in watching a wrongdoer realizing his carefully laid plans tear apart at the seams."

The few mentions of this shadow piqued his curiosity. "Who is this friend of yours? Is she within Sacramento or residing elsewhere?"

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"Just a truth I've realized over the years." but she smiles all the same.

Her brows furrow at the word, not knowing it, but understand its probable meaning due to context. "That it is. That moment if realizing to fight, the disbelief, the terror. The rage. Yes. It's quite the sight." Niamh imagines, her revenge was a different beast then Krieg's, but Niamh wished she could see it all the same.

"Oh?" drawn from her thoughts, she shakes her head. "Ah, no. She's abroad. Left the country for the first time. I wanted to see more of America, so we parted ways. I still telephone her from time to time when I need to know something strange or strange to me in these modern nights. She's fairly prompt about relating the information, but she dies tend to joke a lot. Sometimes it's hard to know what's a jest and what's the truth."

K
    Krieg

The Nosferatu nodded, "That's most kind of you to call your friend. It's rare to hear of such courtesies any more. It's becoming romanticized. Letters are still my favorite."

"If I may ask, where else in the United States have you visited?"

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"First kind face I saw long time, stay with me for nearly a decade, it's the least I could do," said with a negligent wave, "Oh I favor letters as well, I spent far to long to school my letters, making them neat and tidy to never handwrite anything, but if I didn't telephone, I'd never hear from her. I already know she dosen't open her mail unless its electronic."

"Oh, no where special, really,I traveled along the cost, stopping here and there. My friend's the one who preferred the cities. Dragged me to Las Vegas once, I was in shock."

K
    Krieg

The Haunt nodded, "Fair point. It's funny how technology advances and social norms change with it."

"I did not visit Las Vegas. I have thought about it from time to time. I didn't know anyone from there to gauge the merit of visiting. How was it for you?"

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"So very true." Niam nods and wonders at what changes and subtleties thereof she'd missed while bound in fear and salt.

"Loud, bright." she answers, "I've never seen so many people at once. My friend didn't understand why, but I explored outside if the strip. There's more truth there, seeing how the people who actually live there live. It was striking to be away from the glamour, but I liked it."

"Where have you been in America? You sound American, but I know you're not. Spend a lot of time here? Or are you better at hiding your accent then I am?"

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.