Ended
Watch

A Sea Wolf and a Giant Niamh

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
    K
    Krieg

The Acolyte nodded, "Balance is more than just a buzzword. It's a principle. Also, you do make a fair point on assumptions." Krieg cast a glance toward the throne now occupied by Alessandra. "No one has contested her claim. All appears well."

Another nod in acknowledgment of her past. "Atropos certainly has a grim sense of timing in her choices."

For a moment, the Nosferatu smiled, grateful she accepted his offer. He followed the Gangrel to couch. Now, they were on a much more level field of vision.

"Getting to know one another. As you unveiled your history, I shall return the favor. I had been fortunate to be raised within the Circle as a mortal. Kindred, as I learned, were honored guardian ancestors. When I came of age, I was selected for the Rebirth, as was taught to us. It was a night of revelry followed by the Embrace."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

Doe eyes look to her rivals. she is superior. they will fall. blood and viscera and ash soaking her clawsThe Prince, her Hound and the overly familiar blond.

Was she thick?

....or was she the sort if monster who could just get away with acting like that?

"Yes." Niamh eventually answers, "It appears so."

"Atropos?" the word, name? Awkward on her tongue.

There it is. Niamh assumed he was pleased or even happy with the Circle, perhaps not seeing the way out like she had...though seeing and acting were two different things. Niamh herself hadn't the strength ior the courage until her drowned kin turned on her....

But he actually wanted this?

Was it his fault for not knowing any better, or his mother's for failing to protect him...?

Some of her horror must have shown on her face, "...I don't what to say. The Embrace want something I sought, or wanted, or even knew about....and you..."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

K
    Krieg

"Atropos was the Greek goddess of fate and destiny. The oldest of the sisters, the Three Fates. It was Atropos who chose the mechanism of death and ended the life of mortals by cutting their thread with her "abhorred shears." Obviously there is speculation on what those "abhorred shears" were. Some think scissors, others a pair of knives."

Krieg waved a gloved hand, "I understand the confusion. It requires context. Militant evangelists, backed by the Lancea Sanctum, had some very violent methods for "converting" others to the One True God."

"In time, after my Embrace, I would come to learn, the Lancea Prince, Cardinal Dmytro Zahara wanted to further expand his control. The Domain of Sadagura wanted the
    village converted or purged. We just wanted to be left alone."

"It was the price to pay to keep our loved ones safe from, literally, being burned at the stake."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

Niamh listens to the story and wonders what cults a fate-god would claim, and what blood sacrifices were needed to justify its continued existence.

Niamh nodded, and smiled letting out a simple "Ah," with what breath she still had. Caring not to expand on the story.

"Context is required to understand most things," said faintly as the behemoth begins to explain on his history.

Another exhaled breath of understanding. "If that's how you entered the Night, why...why have you chosen to embrace the Crone? How did you escape the stranglehold if the Second Estate?" the questions bubble forth, so strange was he.

....and so familiar.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    K
    Krieg

The Haunt smiled once more. "I adhere to her philosophies because they teach a way of survival." His gloved hand ticked off a few points, "Accept what is yours and belongs to you. Give unto others as circumstance requires. Cultivate friendship wherever you go. Poison your garden at your own peril."

Krieg stretched his long legs - extending them out then retracting. "The Carthian Movement." A slow inhale of breath, "When Stalin drove east, the province of Bukovina fell into his empire. The Movement seized the opportunity of several lifetimes. Wherever the Kine go, the Kindred follow. With so many newcomers, both Kine and Kindred alike, the population swelled."

"Through Boons, blackmail and assassination, they had replaced the Prisci Council with their own. Cardinal Zahara cried foul demanding their resignations. In all-too-coincidental timing, The Lancea Harpy, simply disappeared. She was unable to enforce Boons that were owed. Cardinal Zahara cried foul once more. What little good it did."

"The Cardinal was unanimously declared incompetent and unfit to rule. He was given a choice - exile or execution for crimes against the Collectivist Domain of Sadagura."

"We laughed in shadows of our campfires. Mocking Zahara's humiliating end. We praised the Goddess for our fortune." Another slow inhale and exhale, reliving memories of the past. "For a time, we Acolytes knew peace. Then, as always, someone became greedy."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"I suppose I can see why some would be attracted so." she says, more platitude then not.

Niamh sits, and Niamh learns. So much to absorb, life about death. About Domains and their politics.

"Nomadic as I am-was, rather. I could see thst commin'. For as long as there's been life there's been greed. 'I want that. I need that. That's mine.' Doubly do for the undead. We're jealous, vicisious creatures. But there's patterns. Assuming you're being here means you were ahead of the curve? Or were you part if some civil war, the likes of which we've auspiciously avoided this night."

K
    Krieg

"War did find its way into the Danse." The massive creature steepled his fingers together. Memories from long ago resurfaced. "The Red Army needed materials for housing soldiers. A daylight work crew turned The Grove into lumber."

"We petitioned the Magistrate, asking why he permitted this. His response provoked a frenzy within me..." Krieg fell silent once more before speaking. "It was for the good of the Domain."

Krieg rubbed his right knee, easing away the memory of tension had taken hold. "Pardon my monopolizing of the conversation. Perhaps you would like to share? If not, I would not take offense if you seek to speak with another."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"They always do." She agrees, "Were they lead to your grove by one of those in your former Domian?"

Niamh might agree with that Magistrate of his, but even she knew not to say that aloud. Instead she asks, "How could it have been good for the Domain?"

Niamh waves a hand, "Oh no, monopolize away. It's been a long time since I've had intelligent conversation, my last conversation partner kept harping on about putting her face in a book. Or something of that nature. Of for sure she used some madern slang, but I got he jist of it." but Niamh still got that feeling that Sindy had been laughing at her when she told the pink haired shadow to 'put her face in a book then!' "But if you'd like I can offer a bit more so it's not so one sided. Hmm." there's a pause, lips part but then press closed, "There's much I could say, but without a direction I'd just go babbling on."

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"They converted it into farmland. The increase in population meant more Kine to feed." The Acolyte's jaw tightened for a fleeting second. "It wasn't a total waste, yet their point was clear. If something was in their way, they would smash it to pieces."

He chuckled, "Face in a book, eh?" He silently regarded the matter. "Does she know that Kindred cannot appear in photography?"

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

To that Niamh could only nod, "At least there is a lesson in that." not apologizing for something she had no hand in, "What did you and the others do in response to that?"

"Aye," said before a laughs joins his chuckle, "Oh I should hope so. A shadow she is, and to not know something like that..." Niamh shakes her head.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 14

You do not have permission to view the list of names.