Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

By The Water's Edge

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Takeda Katsumi

Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

NOS
    PRE

"Yes we do," Katsumi agreed simply, content to let that thought linger in her mind as she sat with the Fox Demon, staring out across the flowing river of black that stretched off into the night.

The nosferatu let her mind wander, drifting as it would toward eddies of memory, or following the pull of the future, though eventually she came back to herself and to the presence of the Kindred seated beside her.

"With that in mind, what is your answer? What sort of alliance do you wish?"

She let the question stand, unadorned, free from demands or suggestions. Katsumi had no interest in laying ultimatums. She was well and truly curious what the Fox Demon thought, and how Niamh answered would tell her far more than a simple agreement to suggested terms.
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"What do I want?" Niamh echoes, considering, no demands and no judgments...at least voiced ones. "To live for however long this half life of mine lasts." she says eventually, muddy waters far off as she considers her words and this tangent. "I wish to be a threat. Big enough that I am no target. But small enough that none will come at me enmass."

There is silence, and stillness. Muddy waters stare into murderously stained twins.

"What is bright victory in your tongue?" she eventually asks.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

"While it is entirely possible that I misunderstand," Katsumi replied, holding the Fox Demon's chocolate gaze with the unblinking stare of the damned, "it sounds as though you wish to belong to a coterie. Another set of eyes to guard your back from any knives poised at it, another set of arms to strike at your enemies, another set of legs to bear your weight, and another mind to interact with. Does that sound like what you desire?"

Katsumi paused once again, pondering the Fox Demon's request before answering.

"If you wish to be named Bright Victory in my tongue, then I would call you Hikaru Shōri. If you simply wished to say bright victory, then I would say kagayaku shōri. Why do you ask?"

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"Your intelligence dose you credit, and ruins my surprise." a smile, "Aye, I was to suggest a Coterie. We are new arrivals, shame blooded and hell bound...Coteries have been made for less, and of course for more." Niamh says, "Two is better then one in the Danse."

Another smile as muddy waters sparkle, "To say something so many ways...I suggested it for your name and mine, the name of this Coterie I propose. But I understand if you wish not to...carry either into this alliance."

"Are you opposed to my suggestion?"

5. Likes Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

As odd as it may have been for a Demon on the Path to Hell to desire companionship, Katsumi could not deny that it was a desire she held. Perhaps it was a foolish desire, bound only to bring her pain and suffering, though she could not deny it.

"I am not opposed to your suggestion,"
    Katsumi admitted, the words forming slowly. "I would welcome it. For, though we walk the path to Hell, we do not wish to lose our souls. That is why I joined the Unconquered. Society and tradition preserves the soul. My ancestors discovered this long ago when my country was ruled through bloodshed, and it is still a truth that I live by. To join a coterie would be to embrace this truth."

Katsumi turned then, rotating so that she faced Niamh full on rather than the river.

"It is also true that coteries have been formed for more, though it is still an honor to form such an alliance with you, Niamh Sionnaigh. I would gladly call myself a member of Hikaru Shori. Though I am curious what Bright Victory would be in your tongue."

7. Likes liked this post

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"I...did not know that. I saw what was the appearance and listened to the opinions of others...I should not have. The soul is a precious thing and should be nurtured. I...would like to preserve mine." she admits and wonders if Takeda will carry that thread.

As the Killer turns the Fox Demon dose likewise.

"Honoured? Aye, I am honoured the be considered and not laughed at or taken to task for impudence." there is humour in the smile she offers. "Banter aside, I am honoured Takeda Katsumi to create a partnership, an alliance a Coterie. This Hikaru Shori," the words are mangled but pronounced slowly with budding care.

"Oh? Bright Victory would be Buaire Geal, or Sgaoileadh, depending upon the tongue." she says with a grin, her translation is probably as much of a tongue twister as the Japanese is for her.

9. Likes Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

"I shall let you choose, Niamh Sionnaigh," Katsumi replied, a delicate smile appearing on her face for the first time since she'd come to Sacramento. It was a soft expression, one particularly ill suited to the murderous intent embedded in her gaze, and it warped the sentiment until it appeared that Katsumi was contemplating how cute Niamh's corpse would look.

"Which tongue shall we choose to name our alliance? Or perhaps we should mix them. Hikaru means 'radiant', or 'bright', if that should sway your decision."

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"To name something is to give it power. For you of the East and I of the West to have cone west if that...for this to be more then just for you or for I....lets butcher our tongues to birth something new."

Niamh sits facing a murderer, but the same can be said of herself,

"Hikaru Bua." she tests the words both familiar and foreign on her tongue. "Hikaru Bua. Yes. I like that. My name means bright and yours shares its meaning with victory, and yet, bright from your tongue. Victory from mine?" she offers and waits for the Killer's input.

12. Likes Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

"Hikaru Bua," Katsumi repeated slowly, tasting the words and letting the sounds fill her ears.

"Hikaru Bua," she said once more, though this time with finality. "It is a name that does honor to both lands of our birth, that rings with the power of the river, the forest, the mountain, and the sea. It tastes like a battlecry. Now all that is left is to choose how to seal this alliance between us so that we may become Hikaru Bua in truth. Shall we simply announce our intention to the Domain, or does a Hikaru Bua require a more profound gesture to bond us together?"

14. Likes , liked this post

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

Niamh waits uncomfortable under the weight of her presence the ever bloody intent to kill, as Takeda considers her suggestion.

The notion, the words gain more weight as the Killer speaks then aloud.

"A battle cry?" murmers an echo. Lips twist as the Savage smirks. "That, I like."

The bright fox considers, "A formal declaration is needed, but not to seal out pledge. Water and Blood. Important to us as people, and as monsters. Have you a blade?"

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread