Watch

The Meeting of the Faiths

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    K
    Krieg

"Pardon my lack of articulation," Krieg replied to Niamh. "I misspoke."

The tall Haunt cast his dark eyes down upon his Cousin. "Favor is fluid and subjective." The undertone remained strong. "Just like water, it can solidify in this world, and evaporate in another. Eventually, equilibrium is achieved."

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft grins, thoroughly amused at the shy Savage. He'd bite. "Tell us, then; what new calling have you found? We are in a place or - more or less - open exchange." She knows how to keep the Shadow's attention. An open book is easy to read, but this one? Tantalizing.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-13 11:00:17 Lawrence Taft rolls 3 to Int + Academics to 'have I read this somewhere?' (10 Again) 10, 5, 3, 8 2 successes

Something Takeda mentions reminds Taft of a book he's read. It had been... mostly for amusement. "The Book of Emptiness, isn't that? I had picked up a copy in a bookstore once. It had far more words in it than I'd anticipated." A dry jab and play on words all in one. "An interesting read, though. I found myself missing coffee that afternoon."
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"The tongue twists, hither and yon, even by those most skillful in its mastery," was that a gentle flirtation? An innuendo? Or perhaps it was just a witlessguiless savage innocently speaking, unknowing to the subtler ascpects of speech.

"Who's to say I've found a new calling?" Niamh evades, not skillfully. Mind occupied by the orental haunt's words. Had she found favor with another? "This event is being held for a reason, no?"

itty bitty lie, 1 Suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-13 16:40:39 Niamh Sionnaigh rolls 5 to Who said anything about that? (Manipulation 3 + Subterfuge 2) (10 Again) 3, 7, 6, 4, 10, 6 1 success
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Takeda Katsumi

Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

NOS
    PRE

"A woman with a full cup will not ask for more tea," Takeda replied bluntly. "If you were truly curious, you would ask more questions."

A subjective statement, if there ever was one, though she had not sensed honesty in the other woman's question. Defensiveness, assuredly, but nothing else that she could name.

"And you are not wrong, Mr. Taft, though I prefer to think of it as the Book of Void. Emptiness does not have the same connotation, for Musashi, wise as he was, was not the first to discuss the concept, and he misnamed it. If you wish to explore it further, read Mumonkan, and you will understand that Musashi was discussing Mu."

1 success, defender wins!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-13 21:26:33 Lies? rolls 2 to wits3-1untrained (10 Again) 5, 9 1 success
    Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    K
    Krieg

The Goliath Nosferatu remained silent as the topic shifted to Eastern philosophy.

From Krieg's perspective, Takeda's behavior warranted observation. Her blunt response to Lawrence had him curious. Taft would respond however he desired, no doubt of that. What Taft would respond with, was an interest. Would he match candid tongue, or not?

Was this forthrightness toward others Katsumi's true personality? Would she have made good on her earlier threat of violence? Or, was this a mask to conceal something else entirely?

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-02-15 18:59:40 Lawrence Taft rolls 6 to Wits + Empathy to lies? (10 Again) 8, 5, 4, 8, 2, 8 3 successes

Taft's smile bears teeth now. the Irish Savage's attempts to mislead them are terribly amusing. "You may not have said so. Directly. But I find myself agreeing with our other companion." He indicates Takeda with a slight nod. "And who is to say your reason for being here aligns with the rest of the assembly?" A question framed, purposefully, to echo the one she had posed to them.

"I just might."
    After all, there are little grains of truth in almost any philosophical text. "But was he right?" He says, returning to the meat of the statement. "There are some who ascribe themselves to personal godhood. That the only true path is the one that they, themselves, experience. After all: you can only experience the universe through your own eyes." Well, perhaps this is true of everyone else in the room. Taft tries not to smile at the thought. All-encompassing might be a tad out of his reach, but only just so. The webs weaved by the shared experiences of the blood encompass a great deal. Perhaps he could share this with them in a different setting.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

8. Likes Cayce liked this post

Niamh Sionnaigh
    Presence
    (On The Periphery)
    Lilting Irish Accent
    Blood Potency
    Staus
    (Criminals)
    Allies/Contacts
    (Street)
    Niamh Sionnaigh

Unbound Gangrel

PRE

"Ah," her head ducks, not in shame, but in acknowledgement. "I could counter that why ask questions when everything is being offered freely here? One just has to listen." lips quirk up, "But I won't. I don't know what I'm looking for or if I've already found it. All I know is I'm taking things one night at a time."

Her hand raises, her fingernails are blunt, but chipped. "Like this Book of the Void, I'm learning that it exists and us important to you, and while you talk and I listen, I do not ask the wrong questions."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

10. Likes Cayce liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

Takeda paused, attempting to find flaw in the Water Demon's words, but even as her mind churned like the swirl of the sea, a part of her new that there would be none. The foreign woman's words echoed those of the Bosatsu and she knew that she would be able to find none.

"I am humbled by your wisdom,"
    Takeda finally said, bowing slightly to Niamh, though the killer was careful to keep the Giant in the corner of her eye at all times. "Perhaps I should follow your example and see what I might be able to learn."

K
    Krieg

Krieg's brows slanted downward as Taft displayed his teeth in distrust with Niamh. As the Irish woman responded with cunning wit, he nodded in appreciation. Well done, he thought in regards to the Gangrel.

He spoke directly to Taft, "How she aligns with the assembly here ought not matter. Her beliefs are her own. As long as it does not cause harm, she is due that courtesy."

Then, turning his gaze upon Katsumi. Zeroing in on her prior threat and capitalizing on it as fuel for his fire. A firm voice suggested, "Perhaps we ought not be so quick tempered. The event here is dedicated to peace and harmony. It is not a matter of needling others because they lack understanding of one's philosophies."

The Haunt placed a gloved hand on his chest as a sign of sincerity, "I see Niamh's rationale perfectly clear. She's done nothing worthy of egregious harm." His hand then slipped back to his side. "Relax, please. Such wanton sparks can ignite a fire."

Takeda Katsumi

NOS
    PRE

How anyone could mistake a bow, a near universal sign of respect and acknowledgement, for an outright threat, Takeda could not fathom. Of course, that was assuming that Krieg truly had made a mistake. It was all the more likely that the giant from the west was merely attempting to live up to his name.

Someday, she would show him what the true meaning of war was. Today, however, she would merely ignore his provocations. It was difficult, though. There was already a reply sitting heavily upon her tongue, threatening to drop at any moment and reveal that only a fool mistook his own shadow for that of another, but she held the comment back. Instead of replying so crassly she would follow the Water Demon's wise example and see what could be gained through the act of listening, rather than conversing.

Soon, anyways. She would do that soon. For now, there was one last comment that needed to be made in reply to the giant, though it was not one that would be made with words.

Takeda slowly raised her right hand, keeping it only inches from her own body, her fingers extending, her thumb tucked in toward her palm in the mudra of semui-in, or abhaya. It was the symbol of fearlessness and protection, but she did not make it with the matching symbol of welcome. It was not comfort she was intending to give, only a reminder of her earlier warning.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread