Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

"...chat it up." dead, flat, with a shade of disbelief. "You. And you." she points. Shutting your trap ain't gonna make her forget about ya. "Wanted to find a fuckin' Locus. This is me. Being a team-fuckin'-player." hands drop like dead weight.

"Just. Because. I'm. A. Rahu. I'm. The. Boss." each word weighed, tested. Teeth grind together, the vein in her jaw throbs. "That's the same line of bull that made my da's pack think that just because I'm a Rahu I can't be Meninna." like they'd even given her another option. "I'm not gonna be anyone's fuckin' boss. Look at me. I'm my own last choice for alpha." because apparently this was happening right now, and they might as well. This shot needed to get sorted if they wanted to be anything but squatters.

Ignoring Tristran for the moment. Because fuck him.

"Don't just record for posterity. Drive the story forward yourself." gauntlet thrown, challenge issued. Etcetera.
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

(WP for subterfuge)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

Hector frowned, glowering suddenly.

"You the best... Look. A recorder of deeds. A law giver..."

But Tristan, Elodoth, was balance. Viola was Rahu - all suppressed rage. And a raging champion could not see beyond what was in front of them - history said as much. History also spoke of Sacramento as a place of the Cahalith: the original call to arms; then Firebringer; and the others like the Crusaders who passed through following dream visions of war.

Growling as much to himself as the others, the Iron Master suddenly strode forward, shouldering passed Viola if she stood in his way. Or too close, even.

"Fine. We check out the Locus and see if it needs work."

He paused again, half expecting claws in his back. Covering his action, he added, half turning his head:

"Do we need to talk of anything else?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-27 22:09:06 Hector to hide motivations rolls 5 to Manipulation + Subterfuge - 1 unskilled (10 Again, WillPower) 7, 8, 6, 3, 5 1 success

Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

She's a team player, alright... but why the hell can't she make this shit a little easier? Tristan half-wonders what crawled up her ass and grew spikes--

And dismisses it.

Girl might seem like the poster child for 'daddy issues', but whatever makes her tick is her own damn problem. She's still a grown-ass-woman.

But this little squabble is about as backwards as it can get. Rather than assert dominance over each-other, like that basest level of pack structure, they're arguing for why the other should take responsibility. A little crease appears at the corner of Tristan's eyes and he tries as hard as he can not to smile. This? This is actually funny to him.

But then Hector makes a move. Not a loud one... but the body language is all there. And...

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-28 18:56:15 Tristan Hardt rolls 8 to Wits 4 + Empathy 4 to catch Hector's hesitation (10 Again) 2, 7, 10, 7, 9, 5, 10, 6, 5, 6 3 successes

He hesitates? Almost like the Cahalith expected retribution. Now might be a good time to say something. "Can't think of anything else, myself. Might have some things to discuss when we get back, though." Understatement of the century. "There's still only three of us, though. And we still need to claim a Totem."
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola frowns fiercely, a pitiful human growl builds within her throat.

"And here I thought Cahaliths were good at metaphors."

Her arms cross, fighting the urge to shed her man-skin for something more substantial. With claws.

"No!" it was as shrill a sound as the rahu would allow. "Obviously we need to do this. Now. Can we even get a Totem, or fuck talk to a Spirit to get them to Totem without us sorted, without us being more then just nameless squatters?" Viola vibrates as her scowl grows.

"Three of us. Alpha. Beta. Omega." she glares. "We're dealing with this now."

is oblivious
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-29 10:58:57 Viola Jones rolls 2 to Was that...? (wits 3 + Empathy -1 unskilled) (10 Again) 7, 1 failure

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector remains still but his eyes widen as his face turns. He clicks his tongue loudly and his fists curl. Then uncurl. Slowly.

"Well. If no one wants it, I will lead us. I will be Alpha."

Adapt. That was what the Iron Masters did. Adapt or die. From lone wolf to part of a formless group with shared interests... To pack. And from lone wolf to Alpha. In a heart beat.

There was a beat as Hector breathed, his face leeched of its customary idiotic smile. Wide eyes, totally present, locked onto Viola. Expecting a comeback; expecting a challenge, despite her protestations.

"Now. We check out that Locus and see what must be done. Then we cross and hunt a totem like us - survivors in the urban jungle."

Regardless if they used it or not. Honour your territory in all things. That Locus had stunk of hunger and death. It needed to be cleansed before it affected the land too strongly. This really was his land, now.

Hector waited only scant moments before leading them off once more. A man might have lingered, anticipating argument or acclamation; but Hector was also a wolf. And a wolf would not wait, would only assume. On this occasion the wolf won out over the man.

8. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

When did Hector learn how to be serious? Tristan scoffs lightly; impressed, to a point. Would the Cahalith make a decent Alpha, though? Maybe. Viola would make life hell for the Elodoth, but Hector? He's different. Talks like he's coming down off a bad trip every now and then. But knows things. And someone else taking the lead would let Tristan juggle his personal responsibilities a little easier...

"I'll follow." he says, taking advantage of the small gap of silence. "Long as when it comes to the Herd, you let me handle things. I don't care if that means I'm the Beta or not." The last bit he punctuates with a straightening of his posture and a no-bullshit look aimed squarely at Viola. Tristan's eyes narrow and his jaw tenses up so hard it could probably cut glass.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-31 13:02:24 Tristan Hardt rolls 7 to Pres 3 + Intim 4 to dare Viola to disagree (10 Again) 9, 10, 10, 7, 7, 6, 5, 6, 6 3 successes

He gives the Rahu a moment to chew that over. Only when there are no errors in communication does he step after Hector.

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola stares, not glares. Then nods. Not happy, but pleased.

The rahu moved to fall in step with their new Alpha when Tristain stops her.

Her hackles rise - before it was always like he was a pissy piggy, amused or at least tolerant undercurrents. Never had she been the full focus of this...intensity.

Viola feels herself nodding and Hayes that she feels cowed.

Then a deserate, guarded question, feigning like its not either, "Or not? That mean you don't want beta?"

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-31 17:26:31 Viola Jones rolls 4 to Not your bitch (Composure 2 + Intimidate 2) (10 Again) 10, 9, 6, 4, 7 2 successes

12. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector keeps walking. An Alpha does not interfere as the pack sort the rest of the pecking order. He leads. First on point. First to feed. And he defends their sacred territory. That is all.

Hector continues making his way to the shed.

He hopes none of the others can see the tension from his clenched jaw. Hector the man doesn't want this. Hector the wolf must.

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Viola's nod placates the Elodoth. Sure, it had been a very wolf thing to do, but sometimes a look or a snarl is needed to make a point. He'd half expected feedback from Hector, but the Cahalith is already stepping into his role. He doesn't even stop to look back. Hell, guess they had better get moving to catch up.

"No. Just means I know my role."
    he says, motioning with a tilt of his head towards Hector. Tristan falls into step. "Humans are the Herd and I'm the Shepherd. Beta would make sense. Easier to do my job that way." He's never been one to seen full of himself, but Omega would slow him down. He can just imagine taking charge around the humans... while the others keep count of how many licks he's earned for stepping out of line.

Then, nonchalantly he adds "We find another wolf? The new guy gets to be Omega." Then Tristan picks up his pace for a moment to close the gap between them and Hector.

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Dead eyes follow her Alpha. Agitation settles. Pieces already falling back into place.

Hector's leading and they just have to deal with this shit and get their asses in gear.

Viola scowls. Blood up. She just wants to throw down. She wants to rage and scream. She wants to let go of her man-skin and, do...what's expected of her.

She scowls. "I. Understand. Your. Point." because she's not just all violence and unthinking rage.

She swallows, relaxes her fists, and nods.

"If by the off chance we get a new guy. Who stays longer then a fucking week. Yeah. He's omega."

This might have been a moment. If Viola hasn't scowled once more and stalked after their alpha.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last