Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Bible Study

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Bible in hand, and in a solid black conservative men's suit, Mr. McCoy walks through the church doors to attend the Wednesday night bible study session led by Reverend Forrest. Taylor is sure to walk slowly, yet still with purpose, to give off a confident air of authority to his stride. His long blond hair, tied back into a ponytail, swayed to a flawless rhythm of his pace of walking.

It's been so long since I've been in a mortals' church...

Gazing around the area, Taylor takes in the atmosphere. Stained glass windows, the smell of oils and incense, and of course the smell emanating from the wood of the pews. The website said that the study session was in the back, in the meeting area, so that is exactly where Taylor headed. Seeing the "Men's Study" side, the Galloi entered to see what awaited him.

"The Lord be with me..."

Taylor enters a meeting room with two long tables, folding chairs and just over a dozen men present, talking in groups of two or three. All are dressed in a fairly conservative manner, ranging from jeans and work shirt through suits. Most are very clean-cut, though one of the men - a wide-shouldered, tall man - has long black hair and a neatly-trimmed beard.

Taylor easily picks out Reverend Forrest, quite familiar now with the minister's appearance. He is wearing slacks, dress shoes, a white shirt and a tie: black, decorated with diagonal lines of small gold crosses. Some of the men, including Forrest, are carying Bibles, and there are several more Bibles on the table, along with notebooks and binders. Some of the men have coffee cups, and Taylor notices a table by the door, upon which are a number of plain ceramic cups, a large coffeepot and small baskets containing stirring sticks, small packets of sugar and sugar substitute and non-dairy creamer.

The bearded man seems to notice Taylor first, and, catching the Reverend's attention, nods to indicate Taylor. Forrest tells him and the other man he's with "Excuse me", then approaches Taylor.

Forrest looks to be in his 40s, with close-cropped, wavy brown hair and an easy smile. "Greetings," he says, a friendly, welcoming smile on his face. "Are you here for tonight's Bible study?"

Taylor will activate the blush of life.

Taylor gives the Reverend his own warm and friendly smile, and brings up his eyes to meet the Reverend's. Without skipping a beat, Taylor offers his hand to shake.

"Yes, I am. I'm Taylor McCoy, and you're Reverend Forrest I assume?"

"That's right," Forrest says. He shakes with a naturally firm and confident grip. "I don't believe I've seen you around, Taylor, and I pay pretty close attention to my flock, so I'm assuming you're new here?"

"Yes Reverend, I am. I came to Sacramento a few months ago, opened a business, and lately...well...I've been wondering about what I'm going to do with my life," Taylor taps his hand on the bible. "and how this may help me."

"Well, I hope we can help you find the answer to that question, Taylor," Forrest says. Here, let me introduce you around a bit.

Forrest takes Taylor around and introduces him to the other men here for the Bible study. They all offer their hands to shake, and seem a friendly enough bunch, though Taylor does notice a couple of them giving the length of his hair a sideways look.

Taylor walks around, happily being introduced to every person that the Reverend brings him to. When one particular man gives him a strange look, Taylor assumes it is over the hair and lets out a friendly laugh as they're shaking hands. "I assume my hair needs some explaining. You see, one of my client's daughters has undergone extensive chemotherapy treatment -- and I thought I'd grow out my hair and then donate it to her once it's the length she desires. They can do that these days you know, make a wig out of real hair."

The guy nods and smiles, shaking Taylor's hand with a little more gusto. "Yeah, I've heard about that. That's a really neat thing to do."

"You mentioned clients," Forrest says. "What sort of business are you in, Taylor?"

Taylor accepts the harder, more firm, handshake and returns the favor. Lying to mortals was always a walk in the park, especially when you spoonfed them exactly whatever they wanted to hear.

Turning back to Reverend Forrest, Mr. McCoy decided to finally answer some questions with the truth. "I run a beauty pool and spa on the outskirts of the downtown area. We typically deal with some of the club-goers of the community; not the most savory people, but a guy's gotta eat -- right? But we also do a lot of charity work, helping out mostly children who are disenfranchised and can't afford the same beauty treatments that the upper class can."

Some of the men there nod and say things along the lines of "That's a pretty nice thing to do." Forrest nods but doesn't say anything, and appears perhaps a bit less impressed than some of the others.

Nonetheless, after the introductions, he says "Well, we're going to get started. Taylor, we've been studying the gospels, comparing and contrasting the different ways the Apostles present Jesus. I see you've got your Bible there, so feel free to join right in. Feel free to have some coffee, too, if you like. It's decaf."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread