Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

So Sand couldn’t hear or see what Tuesday was talking to. Good to know.

It crossed her mind briefly to try and help her at least be able to hear it, but something else catches her attention.

And seems to catch only her attention.

Her head snaps towards the sounds, human sounds.

Coming closer to where they were. And while she was comfortable with their disguises, she wasn’t comfortable testing them right now.

Moving closer to Tuesday and Sand, her voice low, but loud enough to alert them,

“Um, guys?”
    she says, tone eager, “Hate to break up what’s going on, but we have company coming, And not the Spirit type. We either need to move, or come up with a damn good excuse as to why we are here.” By her tone they could tell they needed to do something, like, now. And she was already working out excuses in her mind, plus a few spells to toss into the mix should it come to it. But she'd much rather not have to.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bump on a log for spirit stuff.

But new reactants? That was a whole 'nother chemical equation all together. Time to see if it was one she could react with.

Ignoring the fact that they hadn't even been noticed in the first place...

"People? Down here? I thought they avoided this place?" she mumbled even as orientation was shifted to peer down the dark hallways.

"Let's see if we can tell real quick who they are and what they want..." Turn up the volume on the conversation, maybe it would give them an out even as Tuesday and Aurora worked the spirit side of the equation.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-12-30 09:04:08 Sand rolls 5 to Control Sound (Arcana + Gnosis) (10 Again) 10, 2, 6, 3, 2, 7 1 success

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Why was she the only one talking to the torso in chains spirit thing? She thought that this would be Aurora's jam. Lay down the Spirit mojo and boom. But. Here Tuesday was doing the Q&A.

Which is of course interrupted by people. Probably.

Okay quick think! "Questions you will be asked. This is my better." poking Aurora and trying to tug her foreword this Spirit wasn't that horrible to look at, just. Yeah. Horrible to look at. "She is the one. Who knows the questions." this felt like throwing Aurora to the wolves but Tuesday was a freaking Initiate, so there was more the Shaman could do.

And Tuesday could probably work better with Sand to make sure their bit discovered.

Backing away and appearing deferent to Aurora, Tuesday whispers, "Can you make us invisible? Or like the line of the hall? Make it look like we're not here?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

To Tuesday's eye, the spirit appears unmoved.

Sand quickly casts: a shimmering glyph of orange, sparks bursting from its hard edges. There is a crackle of ozone. The echoing whispers strengthen. Voices become distinct, if a little distorted and tinny.

"... Don't care. We are doing this now! We should have been doing this a couple of hours ago, dammit."

"Look. Thomas is a dick. And Karin's a cheat. Why so aggro over this?"

"I didn't want to play their stupid poker! And Jack pretty much twisted my arm up my back. Your's too. For a poker game. And Karin cheats. Again! Stuff that. We were on roster for the basement sweep tonight and dammit, I'm doing it."

"Yeah. Like, does it matter when we do it?"

"Because Jack twisted our arm. Because Jack set the whole thing up. Funny it happens on our roster. With all of that shit still up in the air? And why now? I'd rather just get this shit out of the way. But he wants to us to hold off. And then... I repeat... Karin cheated!"

"So. We are down here because Karin cheated you?"

"Yeah. Maybe Jack should have thought about that before he dragged me into that stupid game. So we are doing this. Now. And heaven help if there is any weird shit going on here tonight."

"You think Jack's actually up to something?"

The pause speaks volumes.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

So Sand had her thing, tapping into whatever conversation was going on.

Ok, that was handy.

And then Tuesday seems to shift whatever convo she was having with the Spirit at her.

How did she know the questions? Was it because she was a Shaman and this was supposed to be her thing?

“Ok, fine. I’ll ask the questions, but you guys need to do something about those guys coming our way.” She then shakes her head, “I have nothing to help with that.” So she focuses on making it so she could at least talk with the Spirit. Though part of her would feel more comfortable with the whole thing if those guys weren’t making their way towards them.

She briefly closes her eyes, silently hoping she isn’t going to regret focusing on the Spirit.

This time, she wants to see who or what she was talking to, and the spell is cast.

So, questions.

“I’m Aurora,”
    she begins, though why she thought her name mattered she wasn’t sure.

“Who are you and what lays behind this false wall?” seemed like good questions to start with. Who was it and what kept tempting them behind that wall.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-02 13:43:26 Aurora rolls 5 to Spirit Tongue(Gno+Spirit) (10 Again) 9, 2, 1, 2, 6 1 success

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I'm not an adept yet so only myself," Frustration at the lack of accomplishment.

"If we squish into a dark corner, I can make it darker- try and use that to cover us. But it won't be foolproof. It might be better for me to try and draw them away with some fake sounds."

A pause to listen.

"They are on edge- if we can push them into fear we might actually scare them out of the basement."

Unfortunately, the edge in the approaching voices also seemed angry. And instead of pushing into fleeing, the risk was pushing into fighting.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Aurora casts and starts talking to the Spirit, the unicorn nods a d only pays them half a mind. There was something more pressing to focus on.

"Could you bend the light away from us so we can hide a little easier, and manipulate the airwaves to make them hear nothing from here but here something from a couple halls over?" Tuesday asks, everything she dosen't know. Forces is the anithesis of her very being. But maybe she should change that.

Hands raise to weave a net of luck over them once more but she pauses, focusing. Her will is still tied to theirs*.

In stead if reaching for the Sublte, she caresses the Gross. Just in case.

*Remember folks Aurora still has two charges of E-Luck (9-again) and Sand still has all three!

If things turn to shit quick, Tuesday's planning on castibg Shifting Sands(just to clarify)
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nods.

"Combine both options- good call."

Wanted: Dark corner for 3 mages to fit.

Yup. I'll likely be using at least two for the Light Mastery and Sound Mastery spells in an attempt to hide the three of them. Sand is going to wait until Aurora reaches a break point with her spirit convo before casting though.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The pulse bursts from Aurora's head like a corona. Her third eye snaps open, painfully, in her head.

Before her in a burst of thought-light: a twisted torso of dust and metal chains; beyond a claustrophobic field of mist. The vision fades, but the torso remains, horribly suspended, burned into her mind.

<<We are All That Remains. We are the sorrow of shattered halls and buried chambers. There is no false wall. These walls were made to be here. Wrapped around the Hidden Well. This is the Path. To walk around that which has been hidden. That is our fate. That is our burden. But we have lost the path. We must find the path. Lead me back to the path, veil piercer>>

The spirit spoke in dust and dark places.

Thanks to Sand's work, the group can also hear the security guards as they continue their patrol.

"Hum. Yeah. Maybe. He took it kinda personal when that whole shift got fired. Didn't sit well with him..."

"Well. Didn't sit well with me neither. How the heck are we supposed to know every twist and turn down here. I ain't seen a map yet that does. And there is weird shit down here, man..."

"Fuck there is. Its gas. Or rusty pipes. Or shit like that. I swear some of these tunnels were built cheap and now we are paying the price. Look! All I'm saying is that we got a job to do and he really didn't want us down here. Why? And frankly, after that fucking cheat! I am half expecting something! You weren't there when he pretty much forced everyone to sit down to his fucking game."

"You are paranoid!"

"Yeah. You would be too after what happened with that shift. You know, the one's who missed those ghost hunter freaks running amok down here... Hey! What was that?"

Book keeping:

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-03 23:25:31 Bored Security to perceive rolls 2 to Wits + Composure - 3 Penalty (10 Again) 10, 8, 9 3 successes

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Ow! She silently wishes for an aspirin as she raises a hand to rub her head.

Now the Spirit? That was a sight she wouldn’t soon forget. Yet as horrible as it looked, she had to wonder if it was suffering.

The walls were made to be there?

The Hidden Well? Were the walls built to hide the well?

Chalk this up to her having to spend more time talking with Spirits.

Ok, lead it back to the path, sure.

It sounded like the Spirit or Spirits, were destined to either guard this Hidden Well, or they were in a loop of sorts. Doomed to replay the last moments of their existence for eternity. But it seemed ok with it, so it probably wasn’t that.

“I would be happy to lead you back to your path. But I need your help to do that. Every Path has a beginning and an end. I need more information about the Path if I am to help you find it.”

She then pushes her Arcana further, wanting that open eye to see more.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-01-05 11:51:29 Aurora rolls 5 to Peer Across the Gauntlet(Gno+Spirit) (9 Again) 5, 1, 3, 8, 1 1 success

1 charge of E Luck used

Page 5 of 9 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread