Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Rebranding

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A quick nod, “Yup, it’s new. And not a glitch, though my Path change did spark a new Shadow Name.” but not a glitch, this happened.

Grinning, “Then I think you’re in for a treat!” she enjoyed Tuesdays cooking. Sure, there had been a few burnt things along the way, but that’s how you learned.

The bottle was accepted as she takes a sip from it, “I love ciders! They just have the special something that helps ring in fall.” She really should try making some. And her mind wanders over how difficult it would be.

Eye brows raises, “A fierce lioness?” she then laughs, “I’m defiantly not fierce.” Nope, not this blonde.

“Yeah, I think we need a good strong name, one that won’t be easily forgotten. Not that there’s been anything wrong with other Cabal names. Cause so far, we’re kinda the last line of defense.”
    Which was sad.

Then came the topic of positions within the Cabal.

“I had taken up Farseeker, but if you think you’re more qualified and can get us more resources, I’ll gladly take on another role.” A nod and smile. She wasn’t worried, if he had the resources to make them successful and powerful, then it was all his. No worries or hard feelings on her end. “With my new Path and being able to use Spirit, I could try taking on Edgetender. Would give me an excuse to use Spirit a little more.” She offers.

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh," frown appearing briefly as the information was processed and then faded to be replaced with a grin. Accepting the glass of cider that Campanella handed, grin was focused toward Aurora. Said beverage was lifted in a silent toast.

Nods along with the commentary on the Great Rites but again eyebrows draw together briefly in a frown, before they are hidden behind the edge of her glass as she takes a drink.

Heathmaster. Lorekeeper. Farseeker. Edgetender.

In Hawaii it had just been her and him. The relationship had been very straightforward. He taught. She learned. She knew he hadn't taught her everything but to be confronted this early on with something that had been missed was disconcerting. It would be remedied. Until then though, silence. No need to look stupid afterall.

"Sounds like we would be good for a new name. So far the criteria are:

Not lame.
    Piss-inducing in Seers.
    Strong.
    Unforgettable."

Ticked off the points as they were listed. Waiting a moment to see if there were any others to add to the list.

"I'm not great with names but in the name of brainstorming...

Enduring Defense. Unyielding Blade. Oh! What about something with roots? Because as long as there are roots, the plant will come back... so, as long as we are around, the Seers won't be able to get what they want. We will keep coming back at them? Though ... roots aren't very piss inducing I'll admit."

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Smile with a little laugh at Auroa's faith on her less then stellar cooking.

"Chickadee have you seen you lately? You fierce." that's the truth deal with it face.

"With Dick's dickishness we prolly need an Edgetender. Like more then prolly." sharing a look with Aurora. "Abd Campy I know you're all Mystagogue and all. But do you really wanna do more of the same here? S'fine if you do. But. Farseeker. Could be a not a learning experience, but like an uh an opportunity to grow. Yeah?" hazels see confusion on the angel's face. And her heart dose a thing. Remembering how she'd been like as an Apostate. How everything was just..."Hey Sand how's your skills in ass kickery? Could be our Doorwarden. But if not. Uh I'll step away from being the heart to be the fist. So you can be Hearthmaster."

Head bobby nod as Sand lines out name stuffs

"Roots aren't piss inducing. But the Yggdrasil could be. The Workd Tree in Norse Mythology. According to myth it's branches connect all the realms. Nidhogg's a snake or a dragon of sketching that gnaws on the World Tree's roots. Soooo maybe something like Nidhogg's Bane? Like we're the bane of things that try to sever the roots..." Tuesday shrugs. Thinking she'd come a long way in her ideas of cabal nanes and I'd a fake fails she'll offer up her short lived cabal name she'd gad with Necro-Dee and Necro-Dumb.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella thought for a moment as he sampled the cider.

"Actually. Yes. Why not? Its not like we have much lore to protect under the current conditions. I'll take Farseeker, then. I can double up with Lorekeeper later, should the situation change."

A wry smile spreads as Tuesday comes up with a name.

"Nidhogg's Bane has a good ring to it. Given what we... represent... at this time, I think it is quite fitting. We are still here to challenge the foundation that the Seer's have made. And from their perspective, we are the serpent eating the roots they have laid down. It is all very fitting."

He paused for a moment.

"Before I forget, I should mention I keep a small Sanctum over in the woods north of Rancho Cordova. I'll be keeping it. You are all welcome to pop over from time to time if you feel the need to get back to nature. Or away from the city, at least."

The cabin represented what he could offer the group materially.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning, she raises her own glass to Sand.

This was going to work out quite nicely she thinks taking a drink.

“Oh, this is awesome! Great flavor, nice pick!” maybe Sand should be in charge of delicious drinks.

Nodding, “Something with roots would be cool. I mean, it’d be different, and I like how you
    phrased it. So long as we are here, and we have a drive to not only survive but take back what is ours, we will.”
    And then laughs, “Not very piss inducing, but some roots can be a pain in the ass to deal with and get rid of. Their sheer determination to live testing even the best gardener.” Or so she had heard.

Eyebrow raised, “Now it’s chichadee? We really need to settle upon just one nickname, cause if not, I totally need to make a list.” Wink.

And did Tuesday just offer Sand Hearthmaster?! Wow, chalk that up to something she never thought she’d hear.

“I tend to not be violent, but there are some pretty nasty Life spells that do the trick. Plus with my sword and fire skills, I could give Doorwarden a go if Sand would rather take on Edgetender.” She offers. “Either is cool with me, just saying I don’t have to be Edgetender if you think you’d be a better fit.” And it would be kind of funny to kick the ass of an intruder with tricks from her show. Though the fire would be hard to pull off without warning.

“Oh, I like that Tuesday!” it sounded badass.

Looking over to Campy, “That’s awesome and actually works well cause I was going to ask about that. With being a Shaman, I’d been wanting to see if I could grow a connection to nature. Not sure how yet, but I wanted to try and had planned on asking you about the cabin.”

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella gave a wry smile and spread his hands.

"Why not? Now that we are all on the same team I'd be happy to have you over. Its secluded enough. And there are some wonderful views of the river. Plus... Its very empty since the last of the Exchange moved on. Anyway, I believe it will serve us well as a back up away from the theatre here. It was and, I suspect, will continue to be, the heart of the Cabal."

His hand flickered, moved, gestured to the building around them.

"I think the real question is what we plan to do next?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lowers glass from face, tips it toward Aurora in silent cheers to the compliment.

Ignorance =/= bad
    Ignorance = annoying when in self

Sol'n: Multiple.

Had been hoping for the "research later" option, but that seemed to be out now.

"50/50? Physically-I'm a classic nerd. All brain and no brawn. But I'm a Disciple of Force, so if need be- I have some punch there. As far as the hearthmaster versus doorwarder versus edgewarden... I know the words, but not the meaning. Maybe before folks give up stuff or change to accommodate me, someone could... explain? I would hate to have you guys not do something that you enjoy or fits you just so I could fumble it with lack of understanding."

A pleased smile as the suggestion is expounded and improved. "Nidhogg's Bane. Count me on the bandwagon- I like it. And thanks," nod toward Campanella. "That is appreciated." Maybe the BBQ idea thrown out a while back could still be a thing.

Another drink, time to consider Campanella's question.

"Well... from what I understand, we are in a bit of limbo with no real intel to go off of regarding the Seers right? So let's remove that from the table because all we can do is stress out over it. Just... shelve it for a bit. Maybe we could focus on strengthening ourselves? Make sure that when we can move on them, we are ready? It sounds like we've taken a beating already in the past what... year? And our resources and strength are low. We've taken steps just now by joining as one. What else can we do that accomplishes the same goal?"

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tickled pink. That's what she was when everyone is good with Nidhogg's Bane. It was just an idea. A name thrown out there expecting to be nay sayed. Normally coming up with a cabal name takes longer then this!

"Bolt holes and back ups. Always good to have." understanding nod. "Plus. The Theatre is very if the awesome."

Blinks. Even Dea had explained cabal roles to Tuesday....mostly because they'd been forced into a cabal together.

Breathe in. "So. Okay. Here's what they mean. Doorwarden is basically a bouncer. Like they're focused on protecting the cabal. Making' sure we're safe. Which is why I was asking about ass kicking skills. The Hearthmaster's like the...team mom I guess. They take care of the mundane day to day. Fixes up food." nodding to their still cooking dinner. "and is a shoulder, and an ear for their cabal bros. Edgetender....they're the dudes who focus in the mystical like the magical health of the hollow, nurturing the....magicky stuf like key lines. And since I'm already goin' the Loremaster is the uh lore keeper. They tend the history of the cabal. Keep our knowledge safe and legible. And available for us to poke when we need it. Now. Uh neither VT or FD had a library sooooo. Yeah. Anywho. The Farseeker's who tries to gather stuf we need or want. Like shopping or take out." nods. "So, Sand whatdaya feel like? Which is you? And it's all good if the answer's none. We'll figure it out." nods.

"I'm comfy being Hearthmaster. But yeah could Doorwarden. Or Farskeeker if we wanna shuffle things 'till we're perfect. Or as close as we can get. Also. Sigils. Ours. And the Sigil Holder." posed to the group. "I was the holder for Foxes Den. So. Could still do it if you want. Or we could poke someone else."

More nods, "We've been pressing hard. That's true. But yeah also true that we're low of resources. Like actual stuff and lore slash knowledge slah clues. So. Yeah. Gathering of resources. Yeah. Should be a priority." which made Lorekeeper and Farseeker super super important.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A backup place sounded like a great idea to her. Who knows how long it will be until the Seer’s turn their attention to Sanctums.

Smiling, “I like that, the heart of the Cabal.” A nod as she took a drink.

“Well, I think knowing where we are lacking on things would be a good start. Knowing who can contribute what and all that. Not that there is like a rush, Tuesday and I have been holding things together. It will be nice though to have some more life around here, more faces to see. Not that I’m tired of seeing yours.” She says with a laugh to the unicorn. But new faces always seemed to breathe something new into a place.

She decides to let Tuesday explain what role did what. “Nothing wrong with that, I joined my first Cabal when I arrived her years ago. I’m pretty flexible and willing to learn a new role, try one I haven’t done before. I would just rather you step into a role that you are comfortable with. And no worries if you fumble or anything, we’ve all been there and we’re all here to help each other.” Another sip.

Thinking over what Sand says, “Tuesday has more experience with what’s going on than I do. I’ve only dealt with them twice, and both were eye opening for me to say the least. Personally, I would like to learn more hand to hand combat for if the battle ground changes. Cause right now I have nothing in that regard. I mean I know I can Life myself up and all that, I can do what Thrope did with the claws, but I don't know how to throw a punch, so yeah. Maybe if we identify our weak points and work as a team to build those? Plus, I could always use more excuses to flex my Life muscles.” A wink. Healing was cool.

Nodding as Tuesday explains, “Plus, we can also all pitch in and help whoever takes on which position. Learning to work as a team I think will benefit us in the long run.” Her two cents.

“I’m comfortable with Farseeker, it’s really the only role I’ve done, but I’m eager to learn a new one.” Yup, new one would be fun.

Shrugging, “I’m ok with you keeping it, but I’m also open to suggestions.” Maybe she was too laid back? Was that a thing?

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A quick movement as backpack is snagged and opened. Notebook retrieved and mechanical pencil (.05 lead of course) clicked.

Doorwarder : Bouncer
    Hearthmaster : Team mom
    Edgetender : Mystic doctor/grower/
    Loremaster : Historian/librarian
    Farseeker : Gatherer

"Got it- actually those seem fairly obvious now that you point it out," said with a self-abashing chuckle.

At the question, the notes are reviewed. And added to. Lead lines laid softly a good space to the right.

Doorwarder : Bouncer Hearthmaster : Team mom .......................Tuesday

Edgetender : Mystic doctor/grower/ ...........Aurora
    Loremaster : Historian/librarian ................Campanella
    Farseeker : Gatherer ...............................Aurora/Campanella ?

"I don't mind taking up Doorwarden. I'll definitely spend some time bulking up, but it's good to develop new skills. And then I guess if it doesn't work out or if we think that we need to shuffle the spots here in a bit, we can do that. These don't have to be set in stone right?" A glance around. It was possible that they were. Tuesday hadn't mentioned. Quick scratches as 'Sand' is added above Tuesday.

Page flips to clean sheet.
    Goals
    • Gather resources (stuff, lore, clues, etc.)
    • Training (muscles - both kinds)

"Those are good starts. And feasible. Both individually and as a group. Anything else?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread