Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

The street in front of the Ballo Della Notte theater was dark with the sun setting earlier every day. But a light in the lobby shone through the glass doors promising that even at this late hour, the theater itself wasn't asleep.

Inside the front lobby, the air was still, the carpet soaking up what little sound came in through the doors.

A lone figure stood in the entryway. Kalos. Dressed casually, his attention was on the tablet in his hand, only looking up at the sound of the door opening.

Alice Hart
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice had never been to the Duchess' theater, when she first learned of it she'd been to scared and timid to dare, then when her eyes fell to ash, the thought of the theater was one that brought dispair with it. She could never glimpse the wonders of a live performance again. Now, she knew that hearing something was just as, or maybe even more magical then what you could behold with your eyes.

Though tonight, was not a night for simple entertainment, but for learning.

To learn any of the vaulted martial skills that the Royal Archon possessed....well, any pain was worth that. And Alice had no illusions there would be pain. Alice asked for lessons, and to spar with the diminutive daeva, and unlike the last time they fought each other, Alice had a feeling they wouldn't be using wooden swords.

With that in mind Alice wears casual, but durable clothing. Jeans, a simple tee-shirt under her leather jacket along with a pair of flats. She also carries with her a messenger bag, doubling up as her purse, but carrying a change of clothes. The Blind Doll didn't know how rough the lessons, and the sparing practice would be.

"Kalos?" Alice asks after she passes through the glass door, prop cane in hand and amethyst sunglasses perched on her button nose. Lyssa, Alice's own ghoul behind her, taps her shoulder. A silent single that there was a man fitting Twist's ghoul's description in the room. Who, to only one pair of eyes looks up from his tablet as their entry.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I am here," he comments simply at his questioned name. Tapping a button on the tablet, presumably the one to put the machine to sleep, he approaches the two women. When he is within comfortable distance he pauses to bow to the woman and offers a nod of greeting to Lyssa.

"Welcome. If you will follow me please?" Waiting for their assent, he will then turn and lead them through a side door of the lobby and into the hidden tunnels behind the theater's public facade. In these back corridors, he moves steadily but slow enough that despite Lyssa, Alice likely has little trouble following just the sound of his shoes on the cement floor.

A few twists and turns later, and he comes to a halt in front of a closed door. Knocking on it twice he doesn't wait for an answer, pushing it open and stepping aside to allow the two to proceed in.

The room past the door isn't huge by any means, but but the large mirrors lining one of the walls makes it appear so. The center floor is empty but edging the room are stands containing a variety of weapons, combat practice gear and containers with presumably smaller pieces.

It is near one of these stands that Twist stands riffling through the items. Turning, she smiles broadly, "Seneschal Hart! Welcome! Are you ready for some fun?"

Like Alice, Twist is dressed for the event.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The male voice was expected, but it lacked something that Lyssa's has, maybe he was pretty, or maybe there was something else about him that had Twist choosing to offer her precious vitae to keep him around.

Lyssa sees the handsome man and greets him with a smile, a nod and a half aborted motion that could have been a wave. Alice in contrast only nods her strings pulled nod, "Thank you," The steps are clear and loud and Alice knows she might be insulting by bringing Lyssa, but Alice didn't need the women to guide her, so much as Alice knew she would be hurt and didn't want to presume over the blood on tap...as it were.

The twists and turns are unsettling, but not harrowing as they would have been a year ago. In nearly no time at all, the stop and Kalos knocks. They enter and she's greeted more warmly and with more excitement then she's used too.

"Good evening Your Grace," Alice's hollow voice tries to mirror the warmth, but needs no help with the excitement, "I've been looking forward to this since the tournament court." for the women who was the Prince's Hound, Alice thought that out of everyone in the Domain, Twist would understand the need and want of battle, the calling of testing your skills against a greater adversary, maybe failing, but still learning.

"So, how do you want that start?" Alice asks after a moment of reflection. If Kalos were to leave, Lyssa will follow him out.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist kept her face pleasant despite the inherent awkwardness of Alice's words. No. Not her words. Her voice. Her emptiness in more than just her eye sockets.

Behind them, Kalos stepped back from the room, holding the door open for Lyssa when she followed him out.

A small laugh, "Honestly I thought that I would ask you where you wanted to start. If you wanted to work on swordplay as was done at the tournament or if there was another area of the combat arts you had in mind."

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice considers the question, "I'm more comfortable with a blade, sadly the only one to my name is a knife. The Reeve's been courting a few contacts on my behalf. I've been wanting a cane sword. A more useful item then the prop I carry around to set the line at ease." Alice explains in her ever hollow voice. "I have no skill in firearms, which isn't a surprise. Although I would like to gain skills in that area. A blind girl with a gun? There's just something intriguing about that to me." Alice smiles her parody of a grin. "Falling between them both is my skills in unarmed combat." said easily and with candour, though it appears to be the opposite.

"I would love to be perfection with a blade. Something glorious, impose ring both awe and dread....but I should remember baby steps." another parody of a smile.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"A cane sword?" Twist repeats, curiosity coloring the words.

And then she giggles, she can't help it. "If I was a skilled shooter I would gladly attempt to teach you such. Sadly though, my expertise is in other areas of combat. Though I also must admit that I do not have this cane sword you mentioned."

She knew what a cane was. And obviously what a sword was. But a cane sword? How would that be subtle? And even if Alice didn't use the sword as an actual weight bearing cane, to use a sword as one seemed... wrong.

A small flick of her wrist and a knife slipped free of it's sheath and into her fingers. It wasn't showy, but it didn't matter, Alice couldn't see it either way. Twist didn't seem to care though as she watched the bright metal dance between her fingers.

"Do not underestimate the power of a knife." Though she meant the words, her voice was light. It was a comment more than a chastisement.

"Perfection with the blade?" The throwing knife vanished. "We can do baby steps to get there." Moving to the side of the room where the stands where, she browsed through the weapons held and after a few moments, pulled free a sword. Approaching Alice she held it out horizontal, "How comfortable are you with this?"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Understanable, a concealed weapon like that...it's hard to come by. Which is why it's taking the Reeve's time and Resourses to catch a hint of where one might be."

A quick, blink and you miss it parody if a smile, "There's others I could turn too for aid in that area Your Grace." thinking if both her Coterie mates and her-And Robert.

Alice hum at the cooment, it is an empty hollow sound. "I don't." thinking of how much use her little fang had gotten, "But I know many people who do. Which is always a benefit in my favor. But the only thing I knock is the reach, I only have the one...so throwing it is out, even before you count my...disadvantage. Which is why I wish for a sword, even one concealed within a fair looking cane."

Twist echoes her words but dosen't laugh at them. There's not even a hint of mockery, of derision in her voice. Both familiar to the haunt, but even if the Archon felt them she was kindred and to hide things like feelings was more then second nature to one as accomplished as her.

The questions asked and Alice takes the sword from the Duchesse's hands.

Alice holds it testing her grip, it's balance. She pulls away from Twist to do a few experimental swings.

"Fairly comfortable. Considering its new to my hand. It feels loads better then the wooden thing we used during the Tournament Court. What kind of sword is it?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods, habits of centuries did not vanish merely because Alice was blind. "Of course," she comments matter of factually. She had seen the number of participants in the shooting contest at Court. No doubt nearly any one of them would surpass herself in teaching Alice firearms.

Comprehension is obtained when Alice explains that the sword is not the cane but hidden within. A thin bladed sword then, so perhaps today's lessons would focus on that style.

Watching Alice with a critical eye, "It is a simple long-sword. Though of a training variety- it has the weight but little true edge." A small laugh, "Indeed. I applaud the concern taken at our safety but it was odd to come ready for a true test of abilities only to find little more than a beginner's practice stave. Though, as I mentioned... this is but a step up."

A pause as Twist is heard going through the equipment again, "Though perhaps... if you are going to be using a cane sword as your weapon, this may be more appropriate..."

Stepping forward and reaching out, Twist lays a hand carefully on the long-sword's' hilt, clearly intending to take it from Alice. In her other hand is the replacement, a rapier style practice sword.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods as Twist speaks, thinking perhaps of Robert or Ale and how to chose between who she'd approach first.

Another nod, while she'd been hopeful for a true blade this was preferable in terms of learning and to safeguard their bodies. Yes, the could heal whatever damage they suffered it would require blood...which was a precious resource that shouldn't be waisted. Not if you could help it. "I was also hoping for a true test of skill with live steel, but with our numbers and just who participated, I understand the call made for the practice swords."

Tge long sword leaves her hand and another replaces it. "Ah," a breath when Twist exchanges the long sword for the rapier.

Immediately Alice feels the guard as her bone pale hand grips the hilt. It's lighter, Alice imagines the delicate nature of such a blade and isn't surprise that Twist also has one at the ready.

Like before Alice years the weight and balance if the blade. A swing and then another gas Alice nodding her strings pulled nod. "Yes, this feels much better." she says awaiting what would come next. Would Twist demonstrate, and lead her through strikes and stances or would she call for a spar to test the Doll's skills with something with more heft then that wooden practice sword.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread