Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I don't mean for a bullet. I know leather won't do shit against a gun. If you're heading for a firefight, or expecting one, I'm assuming you're going to wear something that actually stands up against that sort of punishment. What I was suggesting was for a knife. If you piss someone off, or they don't like a deal or whatever. They could pull a knife on you...it's safer then pulling a gun. Less noise. And having something to protect your core...I thought that would be a popular suggestion. Forgive me for wanting to keep my Freeholders safe."

Mhairi takes a breath, disguising it with a pull from her water bottle.

"Fae hide could. Which is why I was asking about Hedgespun earlier." she says evenly, and misses Ramona. A women, a Summer who didn't think being a bitch was how one reconciled the two.

Circe jabs then ignores her explanation only to being it up again a few breaths latter. "It's not if I want embroidery, it's if you want it. I'm doing this for you." for free, she almost adds, but jots down what else Circe was saying about what she wanted in a jacket. "Just hoods? Or would cowls work?" Mhairi asks, mind already thinking of something. "If it's going to be perfict, it would work well with both Mask and Mien. What colors do you like personally?" she asks because apparently she needed to use small blunt questions. "And, do you have any fabrics you prefer or should I use my best judgement?"

"Good," Mhairi lifts her pencil to jot them down, but what comes is more snark. "I need your shoulders, arm length, bust, waist, hips. If you want something other then a jacket. I'll need legs, inseam. But regardless, I'll need your height so I can get the proportions right." Mhairi looks up at the elf, expectedly.

A laugh, "I'm sure you could help with that, but if I think I'll need something like kevlar, I'd hunt down a fae beast and take it's hide." a smirk of her own. Mhairi knew that mundane means of protection could fail, but something she created with her own Wyrd...that, she'd trust over a manufacturer.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The part about the knives was understandable. It was a risk that Circe had simply gotten used to. Though it was likely to come up in th Hedge. "Eh true enough. I'll admit really good leather is probably better against knives or hobs then anything but a riot suit. Though Fae hide worries me. I mean, yeah the Mask hides it good but the clothes could be weird in some occasions. Unless its under armor. Plus, anything with a hide that tough is wearing that hide when you," she points at Mhairi, "hunt it. No disrespect to yer skills. I'd rather have a pretty costume then pretty armor if the second means a member of the Freeholder has to risk herself on my behalf." That probably sounded really friendly. A lot better then whining about already buying something.

"A cowl? That is, oh!" Circe barked out laughing, "there is an idea, ha ha," the elf then deepened her voice, "I am the night!" and started laughing again. She held up her hands in defense, "Sorry I know that ain't what ya meant but, well, Batman! I don't think I could pull that off." The elf simply found it funny.

It took Circe moment to stop giggling. "Sorry, ahem," she got herself back under control and returned her gaze to Mhairi, "Blue and yellow I suppose. Denim looks startlingly good against my skin," at least in her opinion it did, "darker yellow could work too. And I know jack about leather beyond its leather. You the expert, I leave that part to you."

The request for sizes got a strange reaction from the Fairest. She stood up suddenly. Then took off her suit jacket, holding it in front of her before plopping back down in the chair. While doing this Circe listed of her bust, waist, and hip sizes as well as her height. She checked the inside tag of the suit, mumbling in Italian. Circe then gave off the size for her shoulders and arms, "Had to convert metric to imperial. Props to the us of A for being contrary to the world. Good thing I'm pretty sure on my pants' sizes, right?"

The Fairest quickly stood again, showing her left side to Mhairi as she slipped the jacket back own before sitting again. Of course Circe had to give a cheeky grin as something occurred to her, "Or were you hoping to break out a tape measure to check my sizes personally? No objections," she tittered gleefully.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I'm not an armorer." Mhairi says again, "I know anything I make that's not helped by the wyrd, wont be that great, but what I was suggesting was a hard layer of leather under the...ninja jacket so you could be better prepared for the...uh...unexpected. And if I really needed that sort of hide...it would be from a simple beat that I could 'spin and make better, or I could trade for it at a Market." Mhairi explains fell-flames staring at the finger pointed at her. "But, you really don't want to talk hedgespun or armor, okay...but I do have an idea for 'pretty armor' or at least a costume you might wear if you want to go full Tolkien." Mhairi leans back and turns to a new page, and sharpens her pencil before putting it to paper, "This would be a jacket, the thought was to make it with a skirt, or a dress, but pants work too. maybe you could wear this for Halloween, if you wanted." The wisp speaks over the sound of her pencil's swift movements. "The neck's high here, but we can fix that, thought having some jewelry that works there, and ties into the other elements would be good." Mhairi mutters as she darkens the lines around where the neck would go. It takes Mhairi a while to get the detail in, but she gets it done, and turns to show it to Circe. "What do you think?" Mhairi asks after the elf has some time to take in the dress, that could easily be a jacket.

"None of that's functional, but it's pretty," or at least Mhairi hopes the elf thinks it is.

The elf bursts out laughing and it takes Mhairi a moment to get it, but she does and laughs with her. "No, I know, but no. The cowl I meant is like a turtle neck, but wider, so it drapes nicely. You can get really cool hoods out of something like that."

Blue and Yellow are noted on a lined page next to her sketch book, and under that comes the notes of the stats Circe gave her for her sizes. "The only reason I'd measure you after that is if I'm doing something skin tight and can't mess up, or if you didn't know your sizes, or seemed unsure of them." Mhairi tells Circe even as her brain belatedly says the snarky elf might be flirting with her. "I'm a fashion designer, this is my job. Normally I don't do commissions like this, or consults like this either." Normally she was paid, but this was a favor, and an olive branch.

Mhairi's pencil been moving again, "But, you might not want anything that's too...militant. I'm sorry to push that on to you if that's the case." not to long ago she was lamenting people only seeing the crown, her court, and not her. "Imagine a dress, blue velvet, with soft satin trim, with silver threads making a pattern of vines..." Mhairi hands the stretch to Circe to look at, "I can change the threads to gold so you can have something...yellow." the wisp smiles.

4. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh. Well," Circe didn't know enough about Hedgespinning to know that was how it worked. "Uh, good then. That you don't have to hunt super hobs to make stuff. Yes." The elf waited to see what Mhairi had to draw. Speaking before that would be troublesome. What the Autumn came up with was indeed pretty. Kind of understating it with that word in the elf's opinion. "I think that pretty is a serious understatement. Amazing would be better," she nodded in approval. "I'd take it with a cool hood, but no deep voices," she tried to joke but it was still obvious she was very impressed with the design.

Oh, so she was getting special treatment from Mhairi was she? A bribe? Circe would stay wary still. "Oh, didn't know if you were at the pro level or Etsy. If you're a pro then I guess I got lucky with this. Props!" the Summer gave a grin and a thumbs up to the Autumn, "I can't offer custom in return through my job," the elf shrugged, "mostly 'cause I don't have the tools needed yet. Later sure. Plus I don't know if ya like guns."

"So, elven warrior or elven princess huh?" was the quip that came out of her mouth on seeing the second design. "I'll say this Mhairi," she gave the Autumn Queen a flat look, "You are too damn good at being a fashionista. Makes it really hard to pick, but I want one of 'em for sure." Then went back to looking back and forth between the two designs. Intimidating but pretty versus regal beauty. It was a tough contest. The former had a hint of the bad ass the she liked but Circe figured she could easily were the latter to a variety of things and not just Halloween.

The paranoid part of her brain said that was probably Mhairi's intent. To have a Summer be seen regularly wearing the work of the Autumn Queen after she'd banished the Summer King. Politics. A more girly part of her brain told the paranoid part to fuck off I want pretties. "You," she looks up at Mhairi, "are way too good at this," Circe repeated her prior praise and went back to looking between the two designs.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"....I really don't to do a lot of things most people think about when you're talking Hedgespinning. I could make full riot gear out of sunlight and tears if I wanted to." Mhairi shrugs, she loved Hedgespinning, that paired with her already present love of fashion no wonder she had dreams of her own Fashion House. The only thing she didn't understand was other peoples reactions to Hedgespinning. But, maybe that's was separated Autumns from the other Courts.

Mhairi smiles, with how difficult Circe had been, hearing 'amazing' seemed like glorious praise indeed.

"If you just want to talk costume pieces, or fancy dress pieces now, we'll count that as the elfy fashion favor I offered. And if you want to get an amazing jacket with an epic cowl-hood done up, we can talk about that later." she swallows, "But....anything else, and I'll have to treat you like a normal client. I'm sorry. I'd love to clothe all my Freeholders forever, and make them amazing things, but....it's pricey. So. I...I'm sorry. But I do not have unlimited money." Mhairi frowns let, feeling like she's letting down everyone with her inability to magically find a solution to her ever draining funds.

"There's professionals on Etsy, but I get what you mean. I've been working my butt off to get where I'm at, and that's not even close to where I need to be. But, thanks." Mhairi smiles as a pink glow ignites within her cheeks.

A laugh and a waved hand, "It's all good.....I've already 'spun my own arms." she admits, but declines to say she had them here with her, innocuously at her side, "And this might sound sacrilegious to you, but I do not like guns." Mhairi wonders how the self appointed gun bunny would take that.

"Pretty much. I don't know how to do something in between without more research, and that'll take...I don't know how long but longer then today. Although....no. It's just more of the first Idea. Putting armor bits on the dress." a grin, "Ah-thanks." fuck 'amazing' being glorious praise, that, and what comes next blow that paltry complement out of the water.

"If, uh-if there's something you'd wanted added, or changed, just tell me. If there's a different feel, or flavor....let me know...or if you've picked which one you like more. Just to let you know the first one will take more time. All those finicky bits, the dress, I can do easier. So I'd be able to get it to you sooner."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

And here Circe had thought Hedgespinners actually had to harvest matching materials from the Hedge, which'd make hunting dangerous hobs needed for the really good armor. Live and learn.

As Mhairi brought up the issue of price, Circe nodded in understanding. "Wasn't expecting a freebie but I don't look a gift horse in the mouth," she opted not to make a Trojan joke. The elf looked up from the drawings, "And I do understand the business end of it. Kinda why I don't offer every courtier a free gun. I can't afford it. Well," a thoughtful look crosses her face before it turns into a disgusted scowl as she shakes her head, "nah, nope that wouldn't work. Too shitty a product would be the only way. Right, what was I sayin?" The Fairest tried to get her mind back on track. "Business? Yeah, respect the business expense thing. I can pay for this if ya are worried about going into the red." No harm in offering.

Circe put on a mock face of shock, "Oh my goodness. You do not like guns. How very un American," followed by a laugh. "No offense taken. So long as you use what yer good at, I ain't gonna complain on how ya break Their faces. I prefer 'em cause I used to have a lot." She'd had an armory. Though she wished she'd tried rigging her old motley's armory with mines or something when those assholes took it.

Circe rapidly shook her head, "No no no no no Mhairi," she held up the two drawing, "I've got enough trouble picking between two masterpieces for Halloween. You start making more and I'm gonna be debating until next Halloween," Circe was mostly joking. Mostly.

Ah and there was the factor Circe forgot: time. So if time is of the essence then: "Okay," Circe held up her right hand with the elf princess dress, "time settles it. I'll take this one with the dark blue and gold. Since I want it for the holiday."

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Well, I did offer." says Mhairi, with a smile, relieved that Circe understood. "So this'll be free, and if you want anything else....I'll offer you a discount." Mhairi didn't like she'd ever charge her Freeholders full price on anything.

"Very." her tone deadpan, but her fell-flames flicker, and their's a smile on her lips. "I keep to it, magic and more, ya?" Mhairi winks, because she wasn't going to tell the Summer her skills, but was starting to feel a bit more comfortable in her presence. Fashion has a way of bringing people together. "Hmm." Mhairi hums under her breath, "How...has that been going. Your work?"

At the head shake and the words that follow Mhairi feels a flush of pride and laughs, "Okay, okay. I wont suggest another design. At least I wont this time."

Mhairi nods, and scribbles a few notes on in her notebook, "How about I keep the other design in my sketchbook, and if you still want it later, you can commision it. And I'll make it up, maybe in time for uh-Summer." Then because this was probably a bad conversation topic, "And if you want to have some warrior to your elvish princes, we can get you a plastic sword on a belt that matches and you can where a bade on your hip."

10. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Work is profitable. Reputation secured. I'm not as big as when I had a Hollow to help but I find buyers a plenty," Circe's grin turned aggressive, "I adore the angry ones. I get more then mundane pay from those idiots," the Summer let lose a haughty laugh. Because she felt like giving off an over the top laugh. Circe didn't fail to notice Mhairi hadn't described what she preferred to use. Circe was also a little miffed with herself for showing her hand so much in martial terms.

Oh who was she kidding, nobody that knew her for a month would fail to know she was a complete gun bunny.

The elf hummed in thought as Mhairi offer. She shrugged before nodding her head, "Don't see why not. Ya made 'em after all," Circe was trying to keep her tone jovial, even if her eyes were a little less so. "Feel free to use of for others too. Hmm? A elf warrior princess?" she raised an eyebrow at Mhairi before rapidly shaking her head, "Nah. That'd sound like I'm asking for Lucy Lawless jokes."

If she was going to be packing something she'd go with something she could use. Though another thought occurred to her, "So. This is a very Autumn time of year and holiday. Humor a question. Ya got your outfit planned or were ya going to wing it?"

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi nods, "Good to hear." and it was, Mhairi wasn't the sort to begrudge another's success, even if that person might be a rival or a threat to her and her's.

A nod as the wisp write another note in her book, pulling the papers towards herself sorting then into folders already on her desk.

"I think any strong warrior women will be net with either Wonder Women or Zena jokes." a tad rueful, "But I'll keep the sketches handy for if or when." a smile.

A laugh "Already planned. And I've been working on the makeup effects too. It's going to be a challenge to get it all sorted." Mhairi informs the elf. "It's sexy scary, or I hope that's what the effect will be."

Mhairi had worked hard on her costume for this year and really hoped her intentions came across right.

Want to wrap up so we get this into continuity before Halloween? (Also soooooo sorry for the long wait!)

13. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe had to keep her guard up, regardless of how nice this was starting to get. "Well a rope of truth, bondage images aside, could be useful," the elf refrained from snarking about how it'd probably not have helped Alex.

Circe decided to make a joke out of Mhairi's answer. She giggled, "So a costume that's so scary it is sexy or so sexy it is scary?" Then she held up her hand and growled out: "No! Do not tell me." Then smiled with a cheery voice, "It'd be more fun if it's a surprise!"

Circe stretched her arms forward and popped her finger, "Well," she looked at Mhairi, "Is there anything more to talk about for the costume? Or something else we should be talking about?" She put on an innocent smile, "I mean, nothing current comes to mind to me. You?"

Sure I'm good to wrap it up now. No problem with the wait, sorry for your bad luck with your PC.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread