Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

What's in a name?

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a look of confusion, “Campy’s face?” wait, was she thinking that, no, “Seriously?” there was then a nervous light laugh, “No, I don’t think he'd care or even notice.” Never got that vibe from him. “But, if you’re confident in your thinking, we could place a wager on it.” She offers with a sly look. “But there’d be rules and you couldn’t use Fate or Luck.” Cause that wouldn’t be fair.

“Plus, it would be hard to ghost hunt in a sexy nurse costume.” A more hearty laugh, “And I don’t think the guard would take us seriously.” Yeah, you don’t hunt for ghosts in costumes, well, sexy costumes.

Nodding, “Not everyone can or is trained to do suspensions, which has actually been practiced for over 5,000 years. There is special equipment and needles used, not to mention, you need a good understanding of the body and where to place the piercings. Like, I couldn’t do it on someone, I lack the knowledge. The first guy I used didn’t place the hooks right, they weren’t balanced, which made them rip out.” A shrug, “And this guy didn’t get the memo that people who pierce are supposed to carry suture kits. So I got rid of him and have been working with my current guy for a while, he’s awesome. We’re actually going to try a chest and coma layout, but our schedules haven’t meshed.” It was a thing, he was a busy guy.

Another nod, “That’s what I’m saying, where is everyone else? Aren’t we supposed to look out for others? Come to the aide when Seer’s are doing this shit?” it pissed her off actually. “I don’t know if they can do something like that, but you have to admit, it’s weird.” But why them?

“I can also call my Order people too, though it might lead to some questions.” Everyone was always noisy about other peoples business. “And thanks for the offer, I’ll let you know. But I think if I do leave the Ladder, I’ll take some time on my own. Figure my beliefs and who I am now, then maybe look into other Orders. Or maybe I’ll learn that going solo is best,” shrug, “hard to say right now.” But was she a Talon? That question kept popping up in her mind.

“It may have hit you out of left field, but it seems to suit you. And you don’t strike me as the type of join an Order just join it, so it spoke to you, fit your beliefs and who you are.” Sometimes when something was right it was right.

“It’s nice, but I’d rather just end this thing.”

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesady nods, "Yes Campy. Dude was crushing hard once." prolly not great to day but, didn't know if that was still true since the beautiful blond apparently hadn't noticed. "So yeah. No Fate. And I propose the looser is faced with doing All The Laundry. For a month."

Nods yeah would be hard. "Campy's gonna stay in the car like last time so. Show up in the costume. Then change before we meet up with the guard?"

Elbow is propped onto knee and chin tests in hand Story time with FayeAurora.

"okay I got most of that but. 'Chest and coma layout'? Question mark. Like are you trying to pierce your chest? Aaaand I got nothing for an idea for the coma thing. Unless he's gonna put you into a coma?" no judgement. Just confusion.

"Yeah it's weird. It's to weird to just be a coincidence. So yeah. Blaming the Seers.....but it might be something else slash someone else hiding behind the Seers since we've been hyper focused on them." which was bad. And something she should have thought about before now.

Tuesday nods "Do what's best for you and if you need an ear I'm here. And I'll call my Order Bros if you don't want to have the Ladder sniffing around. Asking questions. I'm sure they'd hate to lose you."

Another nod. "It did. So. Take some time and figure out who Aurora is."

Tuesady barks out a laugh, "Me too."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The confusion returns, “Wow, guess I missed that. I usually pick up on those things.” There was a frown, “Not sure if I should feel bad for being dense or what. Is it bad I missed that?” Years ago she wouldn’t have thought twice about it, moving on and all that. But now? Now it was different for some reason, she felt bad. Why did she feel bad? "I feel bad, and I don't know why." and it was obvious, the feeling bad confused her.

But the smirk returned, “All the laundry? For a month?” she appears to think it over, “Ok, deal, why not.” She wasn’t worried if she would lose, laundry would give her something to do between training.

There was a snort this time as she laughed, “Well, I can change quickly, years on the road as me trained for that. But we’ll see. It depends if I can find something on short notice, I’d have to hit a Halloween store and hope they had something I liked in my size. If not, I’ll find something online and then surprise everyone with it one day or night.” Wink. “Cause costumes are awesome and I could even work it into a routine at some point.” Shrug, why not?

A nod as her hands point to spots on her upper chest, “Two, maybe three hooks here instead of my back. Human skin is surprisingly elastic and can support quite a bit of weight when hooks are placed correctly.” True story. Another laugh, “Not quite. It’s called that because it’s a full body suspension, meaning the hooks are placed in the chest, torso and legs. Usually six in all. You lay face up and are lifted that way. It can be one of the more painful suspensions, requires a different rigging, as well more difficult for the one being suspended. As you can see the hooks in your skin and the skin being pulled, it can be disconcerting to say the least. It’s going to be a challenge as I’ve never done a front suspension, which is why I’ll do a chest one first, see how I handle it.” Who knows, she could freak out seeing her skin stretched, won’t know until she tries.

Thinking over what she said, “That could be, and would make sense. Use the Seer’s as a distraction. But my question, why? I mean, I can’t remember Sacramento being a huge mega power, so not sure what would be gained. Unless it’s someone with a personal vendetta against Sacramento, perhaps someone from before any of us arrived and was banished or something?” shrug.

Chuckling, “You have faith in them not wanting to lose me. But I don’t think they’d notice, I haven’t been very active in a while. Just going through the motions and all that junk.” But she’d keep the offer in mind.

Sighing, “But something tells me it’s not going to end until they are good and ready. Maybe they’re getting off dragging it out or something. All the more reason to find another point to attack them at.”

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Brows furrow, not Tuesday expected the blond to react. "Maybe it's just more of you being different. Like weren't you still all Ladder yay and Enchantress-y when you met Campy? So maybe it's just that."

Her feeling bad about not noticing isn't greater then the idea of getting out of doing laundry. Not that Auroa would since Tuesday was right. And Canpy would totally pull a face. It maybe stutter. He might even blush. "We have an accord." nod, Tuesday reaches out to shakes Aurora's hand. Once done Tuesday drops hers and laughs.

Nodding "Now's a great time to get costumes. Since Halloween. Right around the corner. But if you want to get one in your size I'll luck ya so you don't have to wait for delivery." head bob, "Like a themed routine sure. Like I know there's a fetish club in town like more then one but there's like a really big one. A-something I think. Maybe a routine there in that costume won't be weird. Or maybe it'll just be better as in more moneys."

Tuesday's brows climb. "Ah." there's nothing negligible on her face but there wasn't a real interest "Gotta say. Ick. No offence but I don't think I could handle that. Like. At all. And it's cool for you. But not for me. But that's interesting. Like uh. Words. Umm. In a you do you way. Sorry. Uh...yeah." Tuesday stumbles.

"Well....Sacramento is the capital of California. So. It's a prize for whoever's in control. There's a bunch of symbolism and magic that could prolly be worked just by controlling the capital. Which we don't want the baddies to do. But a vendetta angle could be it too. I mean there's a lot about all of this that we don't know." Tuesday takes a hand through her hair.

"They might not care about you but I'm sure they won't want to lose you. Because having you means that you're there's and not a member of another Order." Tuesday went for blunt.

Tuesday snorts and laughs,"they probably are. Which. Ick. So yeah. Means we just have to kick their teeth in sooner rather then later."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A thoughtful look, “That is true, I wasn’t a Thyrsus when I met him.” Her nose then scrunches, “But I’ve never been that dense before. It’s just weird.” Or maybe she thought Campy wasn’t in her league. The guy was smart, and she was, well, not. At least not book smart. “But then again, maybe I’m just losing my confidence.” Shrug, “We really need alcohol up here.”

The hand was accepted with a shake, “An accord. But what would make me win and what would make you win? I want to make sure now that way we’re not going back and forth about at the time.” Would be good to know.

Then a nod, “Ah, yeah, went there once. Was, eh, interesting?” probably not really her type of place. “I could see my routine working there, with a few tweaks here and there. But not actually a place I would venture to often.” Nothing against the club and the people who visited, just not her cup of tea. “But more money is always a good thing.” Nod.

“I don’t think it will be too much of a problem. I don’t think a nurse is going to be a big costume this year. And it’s not a very complex look.” There were a few key pieces, but nothing extravagant.

Laughing, “It’s all good, suspension is not everyone’s thing. Some are grossed and freaked out by it, some fascinated with it. I’ve pretty much seen every reaction at this point.” More laughing, “Seriously, all good.” It could be a disturbing thing to see, which was why not every show had it. Plus it took a toll on the body. "And don't worry about walking in on me practicing it here, it's not something I can do solo, nor do I have the rigging here." she wouldn't try it solo anyways.

“That is something we definitely don’t want. But I worry that without more backup, we’re going to fail. I hate to admit it, and I’ll keep fighting with everything I have, but we have to face facts. We lack manpower, and woman power.” That was important. “Though maybe if we can figure some of the mystery out, we can land a devastating blow to them. But where do we start?” an important and valid question.

A snort, “I hate to burst that bubble, but I never belonged to anyone or any Order. I simply agreed with their beliefs at the time, but I would never say I belonged to them.” A shake of her head, “Nope, not this girl.” She knew what Tuesday was getting at though.

“So I say we dig for info and get kicking. They’ve had those teeth for far too long and I’d like to see them eat some.”

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Life lately hasn't been really confidance inspiring. So. I get how you might feel that way. But lion-lady. You ooze confidance. Like its weird to think of you any other way."

Tuesday hums. "I win if Campy reacts. And you win if he dosen't. So if he says or dose anything in relation to the costume then I win and if he ignores it then you do. That sound about right?"

Tuesday pinks a little. Thinking that Aurora had already been to the club. "Yeah uh not my place either. Like I've never been. But uh. Yeah." she clears her throat. "Yeah money's nice. And a place like uh that would be choppin' at the bit to get talent at your level to preform there."

Nods "True enough."

More nodding. "Ah. Okay. Yeah. I don't wanna be judge-y or anything like that. But. Yeah. Not. My. Cup. O'tea."

Tuesday sighs. "Yeah. It feels like we're fighting impossible here. Like the odds are....you know....but I can play the odds. So." a sigh and a shrug.

Nodding "Sidnt think you belonged to anyone. Not like how they'll assume you're bound to them."

"Info digging...so we should totally hit up Campy then?" wry smirk.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A gentle nod, “This is very true.” And then she laughs, “Hate to burst whatever balloon you have going, but there are times it’s only an act. It’s weird, like, as I’ve gotten older I’ve just lost that confidence. You know, the one that lets you walk up to any guy or know that you are totally rocking those new pair of jeans.” A sigh and shrug, “Maybe I’m just in a rut and need to hit the town. But thanks, good to know I can still pull of the air of confidence.” And it was. Sometimes it helped to hear that.

Hands were brought together in front of her as she stretches until her who chest was on the floor. Hands clasp into a steeple, “Ah, ok.” Single nod, “Then it’s settled, and I now know what I must do.” Eyes sparkle with mischief, “Game on.” Hands then released and stretched out in front of her. She had a feeling she was going to win, but it wouldn’t be a pleasant win. Being ignored in a sexy costume wasn’t exactly a confidence boost. But it would still be fun.

Laughing with a snort, “My my Miss Tuesday, that’s a lovely shade of pink you’re wearing.” She jokes between chuckles. “It’s an interesting place to visit at least once, just to, you know, say you’ve been there. But unless that’s your scene I could see it being uncomfortable.” But she’d say money to see if Tuesday could blush a brighter or deeper shade of red. “Don’t know if I would say choppin, if I remember right they have their own talent performing various things. Not even sure who I would ask about auditioning or anything. Should probably stick with what I know.” She wasn’t even sure she would want to work there.

Shaking her head, “Nope, you are most certainly not judgey, not one bit.” The unicorn would be the last person Aurora would see being judgmental.

“Then maybe it’s not a lost cause. With you being able to play the odds in our favor, and with our spirit and drive to not be defeated, I think we could take them. Well, at least wound and put a damper on their plans.” They would need more people to actually do any long term damage.

Shrugging, “He seems like the one who could find more info than we could. Think I remember him mentioning connections to various things, worth asking.”

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday frowns. That did indeed bust a bubble, but probably not the one Aurora was thinking or would. "You can talk to me. You know that, right?" Tuesday reaches over to pat a hand or a knee, whichever's closer.

Pulling away, "Maybe I could luck you into a blind date or something.would that help?" a blink, "Not that I think you need the luck to get a date. Nope. But to make sure he's not a dud. You know?"

A nod, serious face. "Game on. But like I'm soooo gonna win." teased because yeah. Aurora was a looker and in a sexy nurses costume.,..no one was gonna be able to focus on the task at hand.

In a show of the pinnacle of adulthood that Tuesday is, she blows Aurora a raspberry.

Then frown since. This. Shy. Unsure. Hesitant. Self deprecating. Ness. Not the Aurora she knew.

....but did she even know Aurora anymore now that she wasn't Faye?

Smile, "Awesomes. Something I pride myself at being. You know. Not judge-y sine. Ick."

"Us. Putting dampers implant since 2016." nod, nod. Smirk, snort. Laugh.

Nod, "Don't wanna stereotype but. Come on. It's Campy. His Order. Plus. That. The connections to various stuff and peoples. Totally see a chat being a good thing."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was an absent minded nod, “I know, but it’s also hard for me to confide in someone. So don’t get upset if I don’t do it very often. It’s just I’ve been on my own for so long and not had anyone I trusted enough to confide in, so I’m kinda learning how that works.” It was true. When you had been on the road for years by yourself, you learned to only rely on and trust yourself. Plus, she had been burned in the past and it was still hard to get over. “But I promise to keep trying.” A nod.

Laughing, “I don’t mind the duds, it kind of makes things interesting. Like, it alerts you what to look out for the next time you agree to a date. But thanks, I’ll keep it in mind. And I cannot figure out why the hell I never tried that when I was an Acanthus.” She exclaimed with wide eyes and a chuckle.

Smirking, “Pretty confident in that aren’t you? Almost going to be a shame to see you defeated,” she then winks, “almost.” Campy didn’t strike her as the type to be lose focus over someone wearing something sexy.

“Definitely ick. I think judgy people should be forced to wear a sign or something so us cool people can steer clear of them.” That’d be nice.

Nod, “Yup! Plus, maybe he’ll like using his connections and all that stuff.”

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Understanding nod. Plus a smile to match. "Take all the time you need."

Tuesday shrugs, "I haven't done it myself. But. Dating. Meh. At least for me. I'm not much of a...dating sort of person." plus the Star feels and all the Stuff. Still present.

Smirk, "Oh, I'm not gonna loose. Sometimes you need an outside pee oh very and I got that. Campy's totally gonna drool."

Nod, "And all the baddies can wear black hats so we know who's butt to kick."

More nodding, they could only hope. And maybe she can Fate. You know. If they needed it.

Hey this feels like its winding down, you wanna wrap?

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread