Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1710) Sanctuary 11

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"No memo. Just stuff." Tuesday says as Sand steps in and asks her question.

"I think so." to Dick, "The guard's radio was chattering about you, guy wished you had an ID but. Was. You know. Suspicious that you didn't. So. Maybe not made-made. But. Like. You drew some attention, that might be great." Shifts. "Dude. I said we were a group that dealt in weird shit, and that we had the know how and gear to deal with the weird shit. So. Bluff. Not really." it was all true. "Yeah. There were these others who were let into the basement. And that was bad. Since. Basement. Apparently the center of weird shit. Don't know what happened to 'em. But. Nothing good. Probably. So. This guard. It's like. His Destiny to lead me-us to the basement, to be apart of that. What's happening down there. So. Yeah. If you have a meeting with the same dude. Meet with him. But I got us an in for an us, and not a single. So. To keep it all good and not to fuck up our lies. If you're gonna be a part of the us, you need a disguise."

More steppy steps. This time. Unfamiliar. Hazels sweep. "Yo Khysmet. That's Khysmet. Acanthus. No spiders." a look shared with Faye. "But he's kinda twitchy. Campy. He's also one of yours. And Dick's. So. Yeah." Turns to the man, and then uses a finger to point. "That's Sand. Campy-Campanella. Faye. Oculus. And Tuesday is me. This is everybody." eyes go the newest acanthus. Seriously dude. All the mages of Sacramento.

To Faye, "As for gear we could just have bags and say stuffs in them. Or we could illusion, if Sand can do that, or even Campy or you could Matter something that looks official even if it's not functional." said with a shrug. "I'll do Luck to help. Since. It's helpful."

Listening, "Yeah, you said unseen, so I thought Spirit since. You don't know Death....do you?" Tuesday thought she was all caught up on the Arcana known by the wise of Sacramento, but learning. Was a thing. "I know some Spirit, but not enough to do much good. At least I don't think I do. So. Dick. Weigh in. Since. Spirit."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Faye's wave is returned, "Oh right... I take it that means you guys found something?" The question was a bit rhetorical as both Faye and Tuesday proceeded to speak. Pertinent facts pulled from their words:

Spirits
    An in to the ... Bismark? Presumably
    Basement = center of weird shit

An unrecognized voice earns a half turn. Unrecognized person earns a visual once over. But the welcome is left to the older standing members of Sacramento. At her introduction, a smile and nod.

Additions:

Khysmet. Acanthus. Mysterium.

Apologetic grimace and slight head shake, "Not so much. I mean- I can try but I'm only an apprentice in Prime. So I'm up for giving it a shot, but I don't want to promise stellar results. I've got more experience with Forces."

3. Bump "Bump" this post
    O
    Oculus

"May I?" He asks Faye as she unfolds the piece of paper. If his request is granted, he gives the paper a studious look. Indeed, he takes his time, allowing the cogs of memory to run freely. Frowning, Oculus looks up from the writing, but not before muttering to himself "And here I thought the local Shadow cannot get any weirder..." Realizing there might be people awaiting an actual answer he clears his throat and says:

"Okay, so first some Spirit 101. Spirits eat other spirits all the time. It's how they gain permanent power. Gafflings are the bottom of the food chain... barely sentient, mostly either eaten or cultivated. Dukes, though... they're near the top. Extremely powerful beings with obscure bans. I doubt this 'Mr. Pargeter' was a spirit, but some Masters of this Arcanum are able to appear as one. To appear as a Duke, however, one would have to wield a colossal amounts of raw power. Choirs are groups of spirits with compatible natures - in the case of a Warren Choir we can probably expect spirits of machines, darkness... maybe rats" Oculus only just now realizes he's walking back and forth, gesticulating as if he was giving a lecture

"Anyway, if they are in conflict with the Choir of the Grey Tower - which I assume is the Bismark - it might be for a number of reasons. A Magath is what happens when two or more spirits of radically different natures merge. Mad and dangerous, it might be that the Grey Tower seeks to purge them"

He stops to allow himself a breath and the others to digest all that was said. It's not long before he continues, however "Another interesting thing is the Gauntlet's strength is different in different parts of the building. Relatively normal in the lobby, but almost completely opaque on one of the upper floors. I'd therefore assume the basement's Gauntlet is weaker than usual, due to all the things going on there"

He is way too invested in his own words to notice Faye's eyerolls and scoreboard comments. In fact, when he is finally done with his speech Oculus looks like he's just woke up "Where were we? Ah, yeah, disguise. Sure. Not enough Life to do that myself, but if Faye here'd be so kind... and we probably should pack up some gear, working or not. Because that's what they'd probably expect from professionals as opposed to a bunch of cranks. Like I said, sticklers for protocol"

A new face. He sends a welcoming nod to it when Tuesday mentions his name. It doesn't go beyond that for now, however. Unlike last time, the meet and greet'd probably have to wait until they devise a plan of what to do next.

M
    Miliham

Khysmet takes note of everyone as Tuesday points them out, then settles in to try and piece together what he's missed.

'Something about Spirits, yeah I'm no help there. Bismark which sounds like a place, and possibly plans to get into and or back into this place.'

"I know its not really my place to say, but what about a back door. I usually find them quite open, normally. Then again, luck is usually on my side."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella slowly returned to his seat where he remained quiet.

"Very true, Kysmet," he murmured. His attention was more precisely fixed on the two Shaman's - Faye and Oculus - who appeared to have learned the most from their adventure.

"Remember the Twilight realm," he added tentatively. "The Death Arcanum was never my strong suit but I now the invisible realm, or state, of Twilight surrounds and suffuses us on this plane. I understand that ghosts and other discorporate entities may exist within it. Why not spirits as well? Can they move beyond their Realm? If what we have been told about the basement is correct, then we may find that the barriers between Realms are weakening, letting spirits and other entities range much further than normal."

He turns slightly toward Faye.

"I could try and get some fake IDs made up but... perhaps we should find out to see how successful this meeting Tuesday has organised is first. If this guard (I mean, concerned citizen) can get you in unnoticed, we would only be wasting our resources."

His hand moved to support his chin.

"What do you mean... There were Ghost Hunters down in the basement?" He sounded somewhat incredulous. "Did you learn anything about them?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Listening and nodding, “The Spirit wasn’t too happy with me wanting to go into the basement. They made it sound like it was a place even they didn’t go. So there is something down there.” What is was, she wasn’t sure.

A nod was offered to the new guy, “Nice to meet you Khysmet, welcome to Sacramento.” And another Enchanter, that was good. More Luck was always a good thing.

Eyes back to Tuesday, “I can Matter as well, I just haven’t tried doing it yet. But probably better left to someone with more experience than me.” Grin.

Nod, “Yup, Spirit. And no, I don’t know Death, I’d like to, but nothing right now.” Death was fascinating in its own way.

To Sand, “Kinda. I got nothing for memories when we went in. Like, nothing, zero. So I decided to see if a Spirit could help.” Which opened her eyes to how useful Spirit was.

She nods and lets Oculus take the paper. And thankfully he seemed able to read her scribble, maybe her handwriting was as bad as she thought.

And she listens, intently. “Ok, so you and I are going to have to sit down and talk Spirits. Cause I have the Arcana, but lack the knowledge to back it. So I’d love to learn more if you have the time.” Cause knowing this stuff would have been helpful.

“And can I just say eww. The Spirit sounded happy about eating its ‘friends’.” Yeah, she did the finger quotes. “But it also really enjoyed talking, like it doesn’t get to talk with people very often. Also, it wasn’t supposed to talk, but did anyways because it enjoyed it. But the Mr Pargeter is no longer there, and the Spirit believed he fell from power. It used to talk to him all the time, and then he was gone. So something has happened and changed. But the Spirit doesn’t recall things at the Bismark changing, at least not in the way I asked about. The a Record Choir used to go there but they don’t anymore.” She was trying to fill in blanks with what she remembered.

“Sounds like there has been a power shift or something. And not all the Spirits like it.” Which would make sense if it changed things. “Not sure if it matters or not, but I feel bad for that Spirit, things have changed for it.” Was she supposed to feel bad for Spirits?

“I didn’t look at the Gauntlet, even though it might have shown me the Spirit I was talking with.” She’d peer next time.

Nodding, “Sure. But like I said, I’d like to practice before hand. I know the spell.” But having not done it made her a little nervous.

Looking to the new guy, “Normally, I’d be all for that. But it sounds like we have an in, and if this guy is willing to open the door for us, why not take it.” Shrug. She had no issues with breaking into a place.

Eyes move to Campy, “Forgive me, I’m still learning the whole Spirit thing, but are they supposed to be able to range further than normal? Is it something we can fix? Obviously I need to practice Spirit more and get a better understand of it.” But it would take time, you don’t learn things overnight. Well…she changed Paths overnight, but that was different.

She then nods, “Good point. Lets see what this guard is able to do before spending the resources on fake ids and all that. If we need to break in, then we’ll break in.” looking to Tuesday, “Remember that thing on the roof of the auction house? Well, I can totally do that for us if we need.”

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Trying. All you can do." except when you're Yoda.

Right, newbie. "Could work. But. The Bismark was a hotel in an alternate timeline." Because even it's Fate was different, so it wasn't just ripped out of itself and fucked with. It, or they were shifted. "Now it's stores and apartments, with serious guards. Totes by the books. I was only able to get our in 'cause of the freaky shit that's been happening. Which, prolly a weak gantlet's the cause...?" Sure she Spirit'd but only as an Initiate. So far. Maybe this would be an excuse to study and learn more. "Plus maybe that mage who'd badass Spirit dude." tangent. "So. We might both needs to Luck to get us through the backdoor. But. Since I got us, which I didn't say numbers, just an us for later means we don't haveta risk gettin' in illegally. But. We could try the door, or the magic heist stuffs if my in falls through or Dick's meeting falls flat." Since plans.

"Could just shave and dye you hair. Works too." shrug, "Also. Wigs."

To Campy, "I said we'd be the ghost hunters goin' down to the basement, but. There's other peeps that broke in, like to make mischief or worse. Didn't really get the story. But hackers, huskers and thrill seekers were mentioned." shrug.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

M
    Miliham

'Hotel in an alternate timeline? What have you gotten yourself into here?'

Khysmet stands and lightly fingers the spine of the book he was holding. Watching as the back and forth over Spirit and Spirits goes on around him, his eyes glazing over. Maybe there was something special about the plans for this building, or what it was or could have been, has would have maybe been? He looks around observing the inside of the Circle and taking in its measure

"If you guys need an extra set of hands, or pair of eyes, I'm game to help you out. I seem to be caught in the middle and not much help though, Spirits aren't my forte."

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella nods, a slight gesture more to himself than anyone else.

"Yes. I believe that we need as much help as we can get."

He looked up.

"What about the Ladder. Did you find anything?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Alternate time line. For some reason, the words grated on her.

Shrugging, “Not sure about the strength of the gauntlet and why it would be weakened. But I plan on taking a look when we return. It could also be whatever struggle or battle is going on between the Spirits and those Choirs. Again, not sure.” Still learning Spirit.

Nodding, “We have an in either way. Cause I was planning on going down there anyways, so yeah, we’re getting in.” there was no other option to her.

Smirking, “Why get wigs and dye when you got Life on your side?” she says with a wink.

“It’s weird though, why would people want to break into the basement of the building? If it’s as mundane as it appeared, what’s down there to draw people in? So somethings up.” And she was going to find out what.

A smile was then offered to Khysmet, “An extra set of hands is always welcome. And sometimes, a little extra Luck will go a long way. We each have Arcana that will be useful.” True fucking story.

Then Campy asks about the Ladder, blue eyes shift and look down as a deep breath was taken, “I got nothing. No memories came crashing down on me, nothing sparked or triggered,” her chest falls, “nothing.” A slow shake of head. “It’s upsetting because I have to wonder if my memories are false. And if they are fake, where did they come from?” from her tone it was clearly distressing to the Shaman.

12. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread