Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

After a moment, there's a nod. It would have to do.

"Alright. Well, I've covered everything from here to that bridge a ways back." He throws his thumb over his shoulder and turns his head in that direction. "But honestly I haven't seen shit. Literal or otherwise. Like I said, though... I'm no hunter. I've got half a mind to pull the curtains back and start looking for a different kind of clue."

It's an equally ambiguous and straightforward suggestion. But this is duty. If romping through the Shadow with a crazy hobo gives him some answers, he's willing to do it.
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"I'd have to agree. Not much of spoor or a trail to follow. A difference in perspective is always welcome." Hector flashed a grin. "Hell. If you hadn't suggested it, I was."

He was still watching Tristan. Assessing. Waiting.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Now or never, it would seem. This new ragged Uratha probably wants Tristan to make the first move. This far from the bustle of human activity, it shouldn't be hard to get a glimpse of what waits on the other side.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-10-03 16:38:21 Tristan Hardt rolls 9 to Wits+Empathy+Primal Urge to take a peek in Wilderness (10 Again) 9, 2, 6, 3, 2, 7, 3, 7, 10, 6 2 successes

Milky images coalesce into a semblance of reality. The creek, largely unchanged, shows little activity. What may pass for spirits of tiny animals flit in and out of his perception. But there...

"Tracks... I think. Heading South. Crossing through the body of water to the other side. I can't..."
    Tristan strains to focus, wishing he had a clearer view. "I can't make out from what. Something a lot larger than a dog or cat." He eyes the stranger again, looking for feedback while making his own deductions.

"They look like they came from town. Like it was leaving. You have an eye for this kind of thing?

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector slinks up to where Tristan stands. At first he watches the other man with fevered eyes. Then, sucking in a great breath, he follows where Tristan's gaze tracks.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-10-05 04:06:58 Hector to peer across the Gauntlet rolls 7 to Wits + Empathy + Primal Urge (10 Again) 5, 10, 7, 7, 3, 10, 5, 1, 5 2 successes

"Yeaah. Something like that. Right there. You got a good eye."

Hector beamed wickedly. The look he gives Tristan is open, unguarded. It is a knowing look, reserved only for fellow shape shifters.

Hector is watching Tristan too.

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Hector's enthusiasm could catch on, if Tristan lets it. Hell, the look in his eye might as well be an invitation. Tristan stoops low, eyes returning impressions made in the soft, wet ground close to the creek. He points out to the furthest ones.

"They don't go very far, do they? No good trying to track them from this side. Fuck."
    The vindication of that woman's story certainly has his hopes up. And now, here... another Uratha seemingly ready to engage in a hunt. He doesn't feel the presence of a Locus. Yet. But with luck the creature - most likely a spirit - would be heading back towards one. And why take any route longer than the most direct?

"I've got a hunch." He beckons Hector with a 'follow-me' motion and takes off at almost a jog. He turns his torso enough to look back at Hector and shout out "This way!"

It doesn't take long. As Tristan treads under a thin canopy of trees, that prickling sense grabs his attention. He instinctively searches it out, trying to hone in on their ticket through the Gauntlet.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-10-05 06:36:34 Tristan Hardt rolls 6 to Wits+Investigation+Primal Urge to look for locus. (10 Again) 1, 8, 4, 4, 5, 7 1 success

"Feel that?" he asks, a rare smile gracing his features. A hungry smile. "It heads deeper into this wooded area." On the other side, he'd have a chance to do some real tracking. And no prying eyes would notice a wolf (or a pair of them) prowling between the trees.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector lets Tristan take the lead, the other wolf's enthusiasm causing the Cahalith to giggle quietly. He couldn't sense whatever it was that Tristan felt but he found himself nodding along regardless.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-10-07 19:01:27 Hector to sense Locus rolls 6 to Wits + Investigation + PU (10 Again) 6, 5, 5, 2, 6, 2 failure

Hector trailed in Tristan's wake once he dashed off toward the trees.

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

The giggling... is Hector excitable or just plain crazy? He could work with either, but he'd have to keep an eye on his new friend. He could be stepping into a trap. With no witnesses. Except for Hector. Maybe this mad wolf is waiting for a chance to rip him apart. Tristan hopes to hell he doesn't end up regretting this.

His badge. Shiny, silver, reflective. His co-workers probably think he polishes it out of pride. He angles it to catch his reflection just right. And pushes. "See you on the other side..."

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-10-08 11:17:00 Tristan Hardt rolls 6 to Int+Pres+PU+1(reflective)+1(locus2)-2(daytime) To cross over (10 Again) 10, 6, 1, 6, 8, 2, 10, 4 3 successes

Slowly, surely, the material world fades and the Shadow takes shape. But something is wrong. The patch of woods becomes twisted, gnarled. Angry. A dense fog bars the way further in. Small voices whisper, angry and excited.

<<Death waits. Come closer>>

Panic sets in as Tristan's head swivels around, searching the space where Hector had been - silently praying he made the journey as well. Crazy or not, the Elodoth's companion would be a welcome sight.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

(1 Essence to cross over)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Hector pauses while Tristan forces his way across.

He simply shrugs. "Alright then." He grimaces, forcing the Essence within him to burn as he simply wills himself across.

"Well. That is... Different." The Cahalith grunt's one he fully forms in the Shadow Realm. "Definitely ain't good."

Hector's first thought, though, is to check Tristan for brands. When he see's them burning brightly against the other wolf's ethereal form, he lets out a sigh.

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Tristan hadn't expected Hector to be waiting for him on the other side. Props for enthusiasm. His panic fades, somewhat, as his eyes level on the Shadow form of his companion. If the Glory brand means anything, Hector'd probably rather brave the shrouded forest and rend whatever waits for them in two.

Something Tristan would rather not risk.

"You're right about that. Risking that fog, you'd have to be damn certain of what waits for you. Or... crazy. And I'm no Rahu."

The spirits seem to want to entice them rather than engage, so Tristan ignores their voices. For now.

He brings himself closer to Hector, keeping his voice low. "Rather have a whole pack to tackle this. And, as it turns out: we're not alone here. I've met two others. Go by the names of Kid and Viola." AndTristan sure as shit prefers the former. Viola has... an attitude. "You met them?" ​Chances are, he has. For a big city, Sacramento sure feels small.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Yep."

Hector could be answering both questions.

"Yeah. I do not like that fog either. I'm Farsil Luhal and adaption is our strength. But there is a sure difference between adapting to change and tearing off without studying the land and the enemy beforehand. This. This is something for a pack. Right now Kid and Viola are your best bet. We are the only People around so far as I can tell."

Hector grunted. At last Tristan had confirmed he lacked a pack.

"It would be wise to come back in strength and knowledge rather than head on out alone and unguided."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last