Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Yes, I didn't answer. And I'm not going to, obviously we can't communicate like adult, and you might enjoy childish bickering but I don't. Especially when It's wasting everyone's time." Mhairi says to the Summer King not pointing out she'd answered his questions, and hadn't picked some of what he'd said to repeat, as he had the wisp's words. "Of course, I mean that we'd all gather more then four times a year - for transparency to work, that's what's gonna have to happen." Mhairi says slowly, thinking that for all his success, he might as well be the child both of them had been likened too. "And, I didn't say another against having a rep from each Court. I was going to suggest the same, and if there's ever a double up in the Hierarchy the number of chairs'll increase. So, King Brown. Name your Sun's Tongue."

Talk of the Commons continues,

"Well, the reason it would be tied to something is that so it could generate income, having a dual purpose. Serving as an event space, and as the place we'd enter the Commons from. But clearing out the tunnels and checking out the Hedge from underneath sounds interesting, Thomas?" she might be stereotyping, but he was a mole(-man), and she had seen his own Hollow.

"After Queen Sasha, I'm the next oldest resident, and I wasn't there, but..." Mhairi was bad with emotions, but she thought that it would be better if the Winter Queen didn't have to be the one to speak of the Four Seasons. "The Dragon...it came in with fire and razed everything to the ground. We're only now out from His shadow. He's dead."

Fell-flames flicker between the Winter Queen and the Summer woodwalker, "So, maybe a mesh of both. Something to fall back on because you never know....and. And something to make us forget - at least for a little while - that we don't need to have those precautions."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nodded in agreement with Donovan as he spoke on the comons. About the duels however she felt she should clarify:
    "Donovan, I've just seen too many blood feuds and backstabbing over duels in the past to like them too much," the elf sighed, "and I've never actually seen a single duel done in good faith. I guess you have Donovan. Guess that means I hate duels, uh, done wrong. Maybe?" The elven Fairest sounded confused. Her expression did too. "Fanculo I have no idea what I'm saying. Tell ya what my pal, convince me. If you have better stories of good duels Donovan, I'd love to hear 'em." After a pause she added, "Not necessarily now but later. Hell, I'll throw in a meal."

When Mhairi said to name the Sun's Tongue, the elf was amused but her eyes darted to Donovan. Alex had three options and the way to snub Mhairi best would be to not name himself. Which left Circe, a admitted criminal and gun bunny, or Donovan, a dirty looking farmer. Either of them could easily irk a few of the bosses.

As for the suggestions of what to do for a Commons, that gave Circe an amusing image. "So Mhairi? You're thinking of something in the rum runner tunnels, hidden, and a place of both safety and forgetfulness? Soooo," a giggle escaped her lips ""A speak easy?"[/COLOR] the elf couldn't hold in her amused giggling, "oh that's a good pun. Good idea too but a great pun too Mhairi," Circe fully thought it was intentional on the Autumn Queen's part.

ooc: Not sure about the rum runner part, but Circe could be misinformed if it is wrong.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

S
    Sasha

Tunnels, those were a good thing. More than any standing in the Freehold realized. Yet, without many avenues of escape, they could also be a giant trap. At least some good and forthcoming conversation was coming about finally.

Her eyes flashed to Mhairi after her comment to Alex about childishness. She didn't need to say a thing, the point was made clear in her eyes. For many reasons, the Dancer was quite looking forward to the conversation later with the two of them and Ingrid.

The Winter was growing weary of the two, and moved on to some memories. Smiling, she replied fondly to the Fairest Summer's curiosities. "Circe, it was always secured by Wards and someone being on the premise at all times. Whether it was Mr. Bates, Harvey, Mrs. Rosemary or any other Changeling employed. It was not threatened by mundanes in the slightest. It had a duel purpose. Like Mhairi just stated, it provided income as well as serving as a place for everyone."

The Fairest turned to Donovan. It was probably the first time the Winter ever had a glimmer of an icy irritation slip over her violet eyes. "Please do not judge something you've never experienced." Sasha didn't snap, but wanted to point out to the Wizened another perspective. "It was a place of refuge and had escape routes. There are no impenetrable fortresses. It doesn't matter how good defenses may be or where they may be. With the right amount of force or contracts, something can and will get through. Tunnels are no safer than a ballroom or a hotel for that matter. Enough holes plugged up, enough Hollow's breached and the worst could happen."

One hand slightly rose to the side, to make another example. "As good as the tunnels may be. If something like Fairweather came again, and knew the damage done, I think the first place they'd look is underground. Additionally, those tunnels may need to be reinforced. The amount of sinkholes happening in Sacramento the past three years is something to think about and proceed with caution."

The opposite hand moved upward and outward to the Freehold. "I'd like us to all keep in mind that we probably won't all agree on what the commons area should entail. Some may see it one way, some in a different light. The end goal is the same; a place for everyone."

"Now, a speakeasy, may be a fun and amusing addition to the Park as an 'after hours' type of crowd gathering place." The Dancer had heard of the Shady Lady Saloon in Sacramento, alas had never been there, but at least she'd heard of it.

A
    Alexander Brown

It takes a lot of willpower not to continue his dispute with Mhairi with some kind of a caustic comment. What's the point of calling a meeting about anything if you expect to just make some ex cathedra statements and handwave actual discussion as "wasting everyone's time"?

"When the time comes, I'll be present" Circumventing Mhairi's request about appointing an envoy serves a dual purpose: first, it dampens the feeling of him being out for power. Second, Summer does nothing on cue of another Season, least of all appoints its officers. Especially when the two other candidates would accept only reluctantly, if at all.

Also, "I was going to suggest the same"? Seriously? Tell that to the marines.

He keeps those thoughts to himself, though. There will be plenty of time for that when the four Sovereigns meet with their two Autumn-appointed babysitters.

"The tunnels were built during the Prohibition, to smuggle alcohol. Obviously, they're disused right now, but the entrances are still passable. We should go down there soon, asses the damage and possibilities" His reply is to the Woodwalker, but the invitation to visit the underground is directed at the rest of the Lost as well. He's not quite ready to jump into the duel conversation, at least not with the Wisp still around.

But as the Elemental speaks again, he decides to counter her point "But we already do have a place to generate income. It's called Funderland, and right now it runs at full capacity as far as money-making goes. If you want to want to upgrade it substantially or have another place that actually earns, you have to invest capital first. But unless any of you have a hidden account somewhere in the Seychelles, we are talking the amount of capital no one here has"

Sasha and Donovan are in obvious disagreement as to how the Hollow should be organied and the purpose it primarily serves. The Wizened sounds stawart in what he says, and the Winter Queen's eyes have gained a sharp quality the like of which he's never seen before, not even at that fateful meeting at the Maze. "I think you both have a point" He's taken a half-step towards being between the two if the argument escalates further "Although I am in agreement that, especially in our situation, a Hollow should be primarily a stronghold and a supply depot, it should also serve as a visible sign of unity" At least in the Mirrorskin's mind, who happens to be big on symbolism "It was a warren made to store and move goods in bulk, which means there should be at least one room we can adapt to be a ballroom, a training space or other such locations"

There's also a safety concern to address:

"You're right, Sasha, there are no impenetrable fortresses, but some are easier to defend than others. I also do not think those tunnels are confined to just Funderland; from their initial purpose, I assume there should be at lest one embranchment leading to the riverfront, and possibly more leading somewhere else in various states of decay"

For the moment, he is indifferent to the speakeasy idea. In his view, the Note or a hypothetical underground recreational space can serve that purpose, or they can pool resources every once in a while and rent something for the evening. But actually owning such a place is of similar weight, so Alex simply listens to how that talk will develop.

Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

When Mhairi addresses him, the Mole-Man seems caught off guard. At this point in the night, he's just plain tired, exhausted by the effort of the argument. And feeling rather unfulfilled with the result. Accordingly, he'd let his mind wander for a moment, ignoring the conversation as it unfolded around him.

"Yes, yes, of course. Using the existing, um, tunnel system would be quite simple. For our purposes. And as for the, ah, other side, we could easily extend the network into burrows and warrens." After all, he'd done it himself. "If that's what we want to do, of course. I would, hm, be happy to help. As to their use," he shrugs, "perhaps it is, well, better to focus on exploring and modifying the space before, um, hashing out how, exactly, we'll employ it." Focus on the task at hand. More work, less invective. It seems like the right suggestion at the moment.

With that, he lapses back into silence. Wondering just how long this awkward gathering will go on. Ready to flee back to his own Hollow and read into the night, happily alone and at peace.

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

Donovan mostly ignored the continued politic talk. Putting another seat on the Freehold situation wouldn’t fix anything. There was still no orderly transfer of power. And if a position did change who wasn’t to say one Season wouldn’t come to dominate all three posts. What would they do then? Add more seats? Stupid politics.

Though the Commons talk seemed to be quickly veering into the politics of Seasonal expression. Winter palace to regret, Spring party center (being strangely advocated by Mhairi), and Donovan trying to bring everyone back to earth. And trying to hold back the building rage against the most established (and likely powerful) member of the Freehold.

“That wouldn’t leave a lot left for any of us to talk about, would it? Trust me, I know enough to know that sayin’ ‘please don’t judge’ don’t get you too far. People make up their minds with what they know. Ain’t sayin’ I know all but I know some.

“Makin’ a Door someplace big and fancy that’s also secure and secret is just plain harder to do in the mortal world. And ‘cross the Hedge keepin’ somethin’ big and fancy means puttin’ effort into keepin’ back the thorns instead of makin’ defenses. And don’t go tellin’ me a house of bricks is just as vulnerable as a house of straw. It just plain ain’t true. Sure, both can get got into with force or down a chimney but they ain’t on the same scale.”

“In the past you might’ve had enough people to man a big Commons and a hotel and all that. Enough people to make it nice and secure ‘gainst everthin’ but dragon attacks. But we,” he gestured at the small gathering “don’t make a full football team.”

There was one thing they agreed on. Not everyone would be satisfied. Sure, they all wanted a place to be safe. However, it seemed everyone seemed think an extravagantly themed Disney palace was the way to go. Donovan would be satisfied with a dark, cold, fortified castle. But then the Wizened generally considered a stone hearth and half a bowl of grey mush to be all the luxuries you needed. He didn’t feel the need to point out that they already had a way to earn money. Alex already had.

Right Alex and the promise Donovan had given. Give the Winter Queen a chance.

He gave a growling sigh. Then shrugged. His tone turned a less heated “I get that y’all want somethin’ nice. Somethin’ like what the Freehold once had. But this Freehold ain’t the one that had those things.” He managed to refrain from saying there was only person from that Freehold. “It's small. Not a lot of people been here a long time from my understandin'. Leadership structure's different. All I’m sayin’ is, least how I see things are now, security and practicals should come before the extras.”
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid listened, first with an impassive face. Then one that became increasingly animated with a smile. By the time Donovan had finished she was even starting to nod along again.

"What are we waiting for? We should seize this opportunity! At the very least, we should look into it. Its been ages since these tunnels were used right? They might not be suited to our purpose - and even if they are, the cost might be too much. Alex is right - we don't have a lot of resources. Not yet anyway. We simply can't go building new eateries and stuff. Well... Not unless the speakeasy is actually part of the park. But something would take ages to prepare."

She placed her fingers to her lips as if she were in thought.

"But we can always use what we have. I'm sure we can work something out, Sasha... So we can use your Blue Note for parties. At least for a while... My Court has established a Hollow of its own and we can offer that for parties as well. Eventually. It still needs some work done. It won't be ballroom though. Maybe a faerie tavern. Maybe."

Hand moving to squeeze the back of her neck, she continued, gazing over the group.

"I say we explore the tunnels for now. See if we can use them or not. You know, come back to it later. Exploring the tunnels gives us something to do as a community. And... Uh... I think we really need to do some team bonding... And... Yeah? As much as I don't want to say it, Donovan has the right idea. Practicals and security have to come first. The big ticket things are luxuries... For later."
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Okay." A nod, wasn't being called a 'Sun's Tongue' a bad thing. Or at least a bad thing to Summers....being an ambassador, diplomat....Mhairi should have known that Brown wouldn't give up a sit a the table to one of the other Summers. Control freak....and that meant that when they all got together to talk, it would probably count as a 'meeting'.

"Yes we have the park, but I wasn't saying we should tear it down or build something else. I used 'event space' as a...catch all, I was thinking we could use a meeting room we're not using, and rent it out for birthday parties or something like that, and have a locked door with a big fat 'Staff Only' sign, that could be used as a Door. I figure, money's good. We all need it. And there's a lot of us, that don't have a lot, or any anymore, so another way to get some....would be good. Money gained from there would go to everyone who'd put into the Commons."

Mhairi shakes her head and snags one of the cookies, a laugh escaping as Circe brings up something, "Yeah, kinda like a Speakeasy." Fell-flames flickering as she remembered the Blue Note all decorated.

"Safety first," For Thomas and Sasha, points are valid, and Mhairi wouldn't want to lead her people to a place that could fall all around them. "Would you want to open the park for an after hours, adult only thing?" Mhairi asks the Dancer, the day crowd was very much kid friendly, but should they try to start something up that appealed to a different sort of audience?

"Oh? Like a functional faerie tavern? Like for hobs, and us?" Mhairi asks the pale wraith.

Ingrid's enthusiasm causes the wisp to grin, "So, are you all wanting to take a peak now?"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

S
    Sasha

Sasha was a different kind of Winter. Perhaps that wasn't fully seen by anyone. She needed to be able to escape with ease. Being trapped and in any sort of cage wasn't her style. As much as Winter Cottages were needed, the Fairest dreaded the thought of being stuck in one for a period of time longer than a day.

"It's possible, Alex. Maybe a team to check it out and where they'd all lead, possible escape routes, etc. would be a fantastic idea before we make it our safe zone Ingrid." It was because of this that now the Dancer needed to do something before it came about. A Contract and doing something for herself was in order.

The Winter didn't particularly care for this person. But, not everyone could like everyone all the time. Even so, she wasn't about to get into another heated discussion over something like this with everyone around. Perhaps one day, they'd find the time to discuss it in private. "True, Donovan. This is why I'm not fond of tunnels, at least for the majority of it."

"A very small hob, pub sort of thing that lead to one of the entrances of the tunnels may work well together. Something that was a visible commons area for new changelings, and easy mask for the mundanes. It'd be cute to serve butterbeer or whatever that stuff is from that one movie. Something about pots? Potter." Sasha snapped her fingers trying to think of it and looking at Alex, Ingrid or whomever for help.

She hoped they'd all finally let go and compromise. Tunnels and an above ground spot for all. But the Dancer's hope was not waxing very often lately. If the Fairest feared anything lately it was the whole Freehold at each other's throats.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Everybody had ideas and arguments on what to do. At least Mhairi wasn't pissed that Circe had caught on to her idea. Bu sinkholes? That wasn't good. Circe looked at Sasha, "Sinkholes Sasha? Well fanculo that means do or don't we gonna check the tunnels," Circe drained her juice and dropped the bottle onto the popcorn bag. She let out a sigh as she stretched her arms above her head, "Restoration of Dawn's Beauty," the elf groaned out as she stretched. She lowered her arms back down and folded them across her chest as she leaned against the wall, "That contract could cut corners on repairs. So I'll Glamour up before heading down."

As Alex talked Circe schemed. What if the water access was still viable? She could make usage of that for her better paying gig. Certainly the Freehold wouldn't object too much to having an armory. And the moleman now made a good argument in the Fairest's eyes, "Good points ya made boys. Alex ya got me wondering if their are still viable access points elsewhere. Forts had bolt holes. Smuggling so river possible but, ugh," the elf winced, "flooding possible. Yuck. And Thomas," she looked over at the moleman, "Don't count chickens before they hatch? That's fair. Just everybody keep their fingers crossed that we don't need major repairs to keep Funderland from sinking into the ground."

And Circe actually did raise her right hand with index and middle fingers crossed after saying that. Then another thought crossed her mind, "Uh, do we have any like maps for these tunnels? Oh and since we are thinkin' of inviting hobs into the tunnels do we have anybody that is good at sniffing out Hedge Gates in case there is already one down there?"

She didn't bother commenting on getting hobs smashed near a Hedge Gate into their territory. She figured the Autumn Queen was making a joke or had plans to keep them contained already or something.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Page 6 of 7 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread