Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
51 - 60
DISPLAYED
Investigations

Page 6 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last

Crap...

The effect he's resisting also got only 1 success (thus the target number 1+), so Peter's fine and free to respond as you wish.

B

It appears the Guide could read my lips. Excellent.

Not bothering to make a sound that would only be drowned out by the music anyway I convey Peters message and add to that my own initial findings, carefully couched in terms that were unlikely to offend.

"I agree with Peter's assessment. Some dancers seem... at least heavily influenced
    or controlled and maybe even possessed by other entities. What appear to be spiritual manifestations of lust and lechery are gathered over the dance floor and their essence is bleeding over into others."

I offer my arm as evidence and pull the concealing trench coat back a bit.

"There are also spirits of envy and wrath... And-"

Pulling my arm and hand back into my concealing coat I stop myself before I start elaborating on all the reasons why they should turn back right now. Obviously it was up to my Guides to make that decision and, truth be told, while I dreaded the
    hellish Inferno I was in, was greatly unnerved by what my eyes were forced to see here and couldn't discard my commitment to Bradley's ghost so readily, I also wanted to see more of the mystery I had stumbled upon. No, been led to by my Guides. I just can't shake the sense of knowing beyond all doubt that this was all the work of Providence.

"Oddly enough the spiritual energies seem to be originating from the upper level of the Club."

Which meant that
    either there were things going on upstairs that put the debased debaucheries downstairs to shame or there was someone -something- fueling the fire that kept the downstairs insanity going. Regardless, to get to the bottom of this mystery they would have to go to the top of this club.

I wait for my Guide's response and realize I'm curious. Because what Guide Aesop said now could determine the course of their quest, but also because it could reveal a great deal about him.

Peter considers for a few moments.

"Enticing... any chance I could bring a few friends? Never too many people to party," he says softly into her ear, his tone suggesting it might be fun.

"Certainly," Silk says. "There are already many upstairs, but the more the merrier."

I
    Innerlight

Aesop growled a bit and chuffed a bit like a dog or a canine animal at the presence of spirits possesses people. He needed to know more, but he wasn't sure if the proactive approach was the way. If this was a popular kindred haunt, other must have known what he had come to suspect in the short period that he had been here and chances were that their was at least some semblance of coexistence. He was on guard and ready to bolt at any moment if he witnessed powers he was not familiar with seeing he was out of his element.

"Be weary, do not provoke", Aesop mouthed with difficulty to Eleanor. He looked for Peter attempting to keep him in eye shot.

"Wait here," Peter tells Silk.

Darting off (as best he could in the throng of humanity surrounding him) Peter returns to Eleanor and Aesop. Via text, he informs them...

*We can go upstairs. Have an in. Careful as we go.*

With that, the phone goes back in the pocket and he beckons them to follow, leading them both back to Silk, remembering to put a smile on his face when he sees her, letting himself be guided upward and onward.

This is assuming both agree to follow. If either or both Eleanor and Aesop choose not to go, let me know.

When Peter returns, he finds Silk waiting at the edge of the dance floor, hands on thrust-forward hips, her mouth open just enough for her pink tongue to emerge and wet her green lips. As Peter returns, she takes his hand in hers; again he feels the warmth of her skin.

She leads Peter to the staircase heading to the upper level of Club Inferno while gesturing for his companions to follow. Silk's hips swing as she starts walking up the stairs ahead of Peter. As he steps onto the staircase, he feels a resistance in the air, as if it was semi-solid for just a moment. At the exact same moment, he gets the familiar chill-up-and-down-the-spine sensation that tells him this resistance is some sort of spirit phenomenon.

Upon feeling the chill, Peter instinctively forces his Vitae to bring this spiritual phenomenon into view, becoming aware.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop looks to Eleanor and mouths the word... "caution", then follows Peter and the Green lipped girl. The woman's sexual gestures were completely lost on Aesop the only seduction he knew started with a throbbing jugular vein.

Page 6 of 11 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... Last
Closed Thread