Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Investigations

Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    I
    Innerlight

Aesop showed no signed of being bothered by his surroundings, though he did feel out of place. He never really stopped to think just how easy feeding from humans had become in these modern nights. Their was a time not 30 years ago when everything wasn't up all night. To survive you had to truly be the monster that lurked on the fringes of society to snatch the unwilling, or a deviant who had a deep herd. He glanced at Peter's phone and knew now that he at least needed access to one even if he didn't use it, issues that he would think on later.

For the time being the savage scanned the room enhancing his sense of smell seeing sight and sound were being bombarded. He looked for any scent, or the absence of real scent to see if he could find anyone out of the ordinary primarily kindred, but anything would do. He kept his ears peeled for any stray conversations whether they pertained to the ghost or not, and he especially listened out for the name Delhia. He attempted to stay as out of the way as possible, and refrained from attempting to learn the moods and mannerisms of individual people for the sake of his mission.

Roll a Perception check for Aesop, and also roll Wits + Investigation + Auspex

I
    Innerlight

Ooc

Is that one the Per or the other one. I need both rolls.

I
    Innerlight

Ooc

Since the roll in question is a Perception-based task, the Gangrel clan weakness does not apply, so Aesop got one success on that roll.

Aesop catches a lot of odors: Sweat. Perfume and cologne. Alcohol. Leather. Pheremones. And sex...the scent of sex permeates the place.

He can tell there's something else as well, though. Something elusive, and something unhealthy. Using his Auspex, Aesop is able to focus through all the other scents, to get at this something beyond and behind them. If anything, the scent of sex, and of sexual fluids, is even stronger, but it's mixed with other scents, most prominently the scent of blood and tears.

B

Inferno... an appropriate name for the vistas it engendered, for surely little good could come of such wanton debauchery.

The iron cages and red horned devil masks, the sweat and nudity and violation of personal space... I notice I am decidedly uncomfortable with this scene and endeavors to stick very close indeed to my guides, attracted by their imperviousness to their surroundings and simultaneously repelled by them, but only inasmuch as the Beast demands my obedience of its commands.

I am
    torn between the desire to take in my surroundings -for there was a purpose to our visit, a purpose ill-served by negligent observation- and averting my eyes from the more obscene parts of the Inferno, for they instilled within me a great sense of shame. Part of the shame lay in knowing how indecently these patrons behaved, a second part lay in me seeing the indecency and a third part -too small according to some and too large according to others- originated from my idle stance regarding these things.

In the end curiosity conquers prudence and as Peter raises his cellphone I focus on that and access the Sight. And... it works. Taking my own cellphone and dialing my own number I, close with Peter as much as our Beasts would allow and raise my cell as covertly as possible. I didn't want any of these... fine people to see it. The mere thought would have made me shiver was I still mortal. Flashing the number to Peter I waited for him to text or call me so I would have his number too. In the mean time I looked about for any strange sights my eyes could now perceive.

Auspex

Eleanor's Auspex shows her some odd things... several small, strange shapes flitting through the air above the dance floor, apparently translucent. Most of them are fairly amorphous... glistening, wet blobs of red and pink, twitching and pulsing, dripping fluid that appears to disperse into the air. A few of them have more form... humanoid, with distortedly sexual bodies and no facial features save for open, salivating mouths.

Eleanor's Auspex also catches flickers of something just plain off about some of the dancers... something indefinable that seems not quite right about them.

In order to try to get more detail regarding any of the things she sees, or the "something off" with the dancers, Eleanor is going to have to focus Auspex, or some of her other abilities, on these targets individually.

Peter, meanwhile notices a woman walking toward him. She's dressed in skin-tight, black leather pants, boots with spike heels and a green silk bikini top. The bikini top reveals elaborate tattoos all over her shoulders, upper arms, back and abdomen. The bold, colorful tattoos depict, demons and monsters, flames, bloodied weapons and chains and barbed wire and skulls. Her features and her waist-length, glossy-black hair are Asian, but her bright green eyes are definitely not typical for an Asian. Her lipstick and eye shadow are green as well, of a shade matching the bikini top and her eyes. She keeps her eyes focused on Peter's and appears as if she's going to walk directly to him... but at the last minute veers away, though her eyes continue to linger on his.

I
    Innerlight

Aesop decides that the scent of sex, sweat, and blood had all the indicators of kindred in the midst of a feeding ritual. He began to follow his nose to pinpoint the occurrence. He stayed as incognito as possible gravitating towards the hidden places, places where a hunter would hide. Aesop grunts a bit to Peter who was just eyed the the Asian woman, wisdom told him she was a predator in a lair of predators, but with his senses so muted he had to be more suspicious then he normally would be and he didn't trust his wits fully in this case. He nods his head to Peter and Eleanor as if to indicate he may be on to something but he does it so unobtrusively they could easily have missed it and followed their own paths.

B

I am surprised by what I see. Red-and-pink ethereal forms flitting to and fro dripping their essence into the very air? The spiritual charge of red I could understand, but pink that didn't make sense. -Wait, what do these forms even mean and what are they doing here? Especially the less amorphous forms are highly intimidating.

Missing Peter's flirtations I turn to Aesop and try to wave him over, this place was scaring me and I wanted both of my guides here. Also, they needed to hear -read- this. Not able to wait any longer I though I turn to the closest dancer -how could she stand to wear so little?- I focus, trying to drown out all distractions -including my vicarious shame-, and gradually push my sight beyond sight.

First I look with undiscriminating eyes seeing things plainly before I move from the immediately obvious to actively looking for anything that stands out -trying to objectify the dancer until she is a subject to be studied instead of a naked woman. Pushing further I blur her lines until colors seep out and her aura is revealed to me, after thirteen seconds I've seen enough and rip away one last layer that conceals information from my senses...

Auspex

Realizing I'd been staring at this nude woman for almost half a minute I quickly take my eyes off her and turn to the companions I had neglected.

One more

Eleanor getting an eyeful

2x Int+Occ-1

Page 3 of 11 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread