Art Hunt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"I see a red door and I want to paint it black."

Cassandra sang as she wandered down the streets, mind buzzing and screaming. The drugs from court helped in the short term, but now the voices were tearing her apart.

"No No colors anymore I want them to turn black."

So far, only singing was helping her mind stay focused, at least a little. It was time to do what she had been planning back in Los Angeles. She just needed somewhere to start.

"I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes! I have to turn my head until my darkness goes!"

Now if only she could remember where she heard that song before...

As Cassandra wanders the streets, she notices that Sacramento is not without its creative elements. She sees a number of small art galleries, a glassblower's shop, two places selling unique and custom jewelry, a leather shop that advertises "custom work" and a number of clubs and bars that feature live music. She also sees shops that sell art supplies, instruments and sheet music, fabrics and a variety of craft supplies.

Then there are the street musicians, playing for donations. She has noticed a couple of them along the way - a man playing harmonica (fairly poorly, in her opinion) and panhandling, a hispanic woman playing drums, and a handsome, young black man with an exceptional voice, singing blues standards and playing a guitar out in front of a coffee shop. She gives this man a second glance to confirm her initial impression, and discovers that yes, she was correct the first time around... he is kindred. There are several onlookers around him, and several have tossed money into his guitar case.

Vauban

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cassandras stopped singing and just watched. She was curious about the man, even if questions were dripping into her mind if he was a friend or someone that should be removed from existance as a threat.

Silence...Watching now

Cassandra isn't completely sure, but she thinks she might have seen this man at Court, mostly hanging back and watching others interact. It's clear he's skilled at relating to an audience, as well as quite musically skilled.

Aimée walked the streets of Sacramento with a newfound confidence: after her (well-deserved) triumph over Cecilia she decided to relax a bit, and relaxing always meant seeking out art for her.

As she passes the black musician she stopped and turned around; usually she would have looked for some gallery, but his voice strung some chords in her. She got a bit closer, the beast subconsciously reacting violently to the woman now next to her and the musician. Turning her head, she looked at the Kindred beside her: not that well dressed, but otherwise kind of pretty. Although, not as pretty as she was.

Smiling, she adressed the woman. "Good evening."

The musician is fairly weak of blood, but a strong performer. He shoots Cassandra and Aimée a wink while doing a guitar riff that would do any bluesman proud, but focuses most of his attention on the kine around him. As he continues to play, Aimee and Cassandra both find themselves more impressed with his skill, as well as his considerable charm.

The vampire in question has BP 1 and Striking Looks 2

Aimée's smile began to fade and turned into a frown. She wasn't cursed anymore, wasn't she? So what was that woman's problem?
    She forced herself not to think of it, not to go there again. Samael wouldn't have cursed her again, she did what he ordered. Instead, she let the music do its magic; it was truly rare that a Kindred possessed such remarkable skill. Indeed, during her time in Manhattan she noticed that self-proclaimed 'artists' of her kind produced nothing more than faded copies of earlier work (and that not even well). She waited until the player was available to talk to (or the woman next to her came back to her senses).

When the vampire finishes his piece, several of the onlookers clap. Some more money is thrown into the guitar case.

"Thank you," he says to the praise in a deep, sexy voice. "You're very kind. Have a nice evening now."

The vampire nods in the direction of Aimée and Cassandra. "Ladies. Having a good evening?"

"I'm starting to." Aimée smiled and extended a perfectly manicured hand. "Aimée Noel." She didn't think that much of him - there are way better things to do with your unlife than being a street musician - but he was better company than the other kindred here. Plus, he looked good. Aimée could appreciate that.

"Larry Woods," he says as he shakes Aimée's hand. "I think I've seen you around before." He lowers his voice and adds. "At court."

Cassandra, meanwhile, wanders off, something else apparently having caught her attention.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread