Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Head nod as she swallows her drink, “Yup. Was like a weekly thing when we were traveling. And I continued it when I was in school up in Canada.” Shrugging and looking perplexed from Sand to Tuesday, “This isn’t a normal thing?” blink. Was normal for her.

“Maybe we need to take a trip into the mountains, do some skiing and I’ll grill for you guys.” She says with a smirk.

Eyebrows raise, “Oh, uh,” she thinks, “I guess I am technically the oldest resident now.” Which was weird! “I can’t really think of anything. The university was taken care of a little while back, so that’s not an issue anymore. Least not that we know of. Uh, I don’t really have anything. I’ve seen a lot of Awakened come and go through the city, myself being one of them from time to time. But sense the dreams and the war, things have slowed right now. New faces are a rare commodity it seems. We don’t have much of a relationship with San Fran, never really understood all that though. I’ve tended to stay out of politics as much as I could. Which is funny for a Thearch who’s passed the Factotum exam.” Shrug. "We did have that weird spider thing. But we've never really investigated it though. Which I would still like to do, cause that dimension was insane!" and now she could Spirit!

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Head shake = no.

"I mean... to be fair... Florida, California, Hawaii... not places exactly known for having snow in the first place. As far as a trip into the mountains..." Blanching- not just for vegetables. "I would have to go shopping or risk freezing to death."

How to Trigger Salivary Reaction
    Sand

Step 1: Discuss and agree to eat food
    Step 2: Prepare food
    Step 3: Visual and olfactary elements hit sensory receptors

Results: Drool. And stomach growls.

"Part of me is glad that there isn't much else I guess. Having a war seems like something big enough that one wouldn't want to be distracted anyways. But I'll bite- spiders and dimensions?"

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Head bob. "True enough. Since. If snow. Then. I'd think. You know. Magic. Since. Obvi."

Tuesday barks out a laugh, "You are an odd duck for a Thearch. But. Me. Fingers. Can't point 'em." wooden spoon in hand, saute is a go.

Sizzle. Sizzle.

Smellin' awesome.

A gin as Sand's tummy growls. "Soon!"

Another headbobbing nod, "Yeah, it was a whole thing, I wasn't apart of it. Since, that was happening when I first showed up. But. Uh. Crazy. Lost someone. Crowley. So. Uh. yeah." Tuesday hadn't known the Acnthus turned Obrimos well. But he was well liked. Since. Impact of his death. Hard. "What happened?" Turn to Faye, inquisitive arched brow of questioning.

"But, uh we did steal a Radio. And beat up Seers. Well. Not really. It was a VT thing. We stole a thing, Star melted it. Campy wasn't happy. But. It was hella evil. So. Melted."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Head nod, “That is true.” Hawaii would be the last place she’s expect to see snow. Laughing, “Oh, me too! I haven’t had clothes for cold snowy weather in years! But you’d be surprised how quickly you can warm up with a yummy hot drink and good food.” True story.

“I wasn’t there for how the whole spider thing started, I went in after. But there was a house where a close friend was killed by the spiders. Turns out there was like a portal thing in the wall and I decided to go in. We tied a rope around me cause we didn’t know if I would be able to exit on my own or what would be in there. And this was before my big Path change, so I didn’t have Spirit. But it was defiantly another dimension. Breathtaking really. But my cell didn’t work and I couldn’t see or communicate with those in our world. They yanked me back through, Star was there that day, as well as Campy. Went back in and was able to leave on my own.” Shrug. “So not sure what the place is, but now that I have Spirit, I want to take another look at it and make sure the spiders aren’t coming back through.” Short and sweet of it.

Snorting, “Think I like being an odd duck. Better than one that fits in and gets lost among the herd.” Yeah, she liked being odd. That worked.

Seemed more info on Crowley was wanted.

Taking a deep breath, eyes, now more gray than blue, looked down at her can as her hands absently rotated it on the table.

“I only know what I was told from Truce, I wasn’t there when it happened. They were looking into the death of one of our neighbors. Upon investigating, they went into the house and were confronted with some creature, a huge spider, which killed Crowley. I guess the spider had been using the neighbor as some sort of puppet. But, uh,” she hated talking about this. Death was a part of life, she got that. But it shouldn’t have happened to Crowley. “Yeah. That’s what I was told. So I guess I still hold a grudge against whatever those spiders are and want to end them. But I also know we have the war to focus on.” Her eyes hadn’t left the can at all.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

Blank spaces filled in. Sometimes where there wasn't even any accompanying text around the blank space. Better to have a surplus of data though than a defecit. Extraneous infomation and data points could be excluded if needed after all.

Alternate dimension. Could one mentally drool? Spiders... scary. Yes. But a new dimension. Physicist crack anyone? Even for one who was Awakened.

Grin at being called out for being hungry. No use hiding it... it did smell pretty good. Grin fades.

"I'm sorry about your loss. When we get this war wrapped up and handled, I'm up for helping you deal with them." 0 hesitation or doubt at war wrapping. Faith and confidence? Or naivette?

Or was it one of those events where it didn't matter as long as the outcome was the same?

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Yeah.....I think the closest to actual winter cloths is some sweaters. There's a reason I was happy I was meant to come here. Since. Snow.....yeah. No."

Tuesday gave a shudder. It's not even a stage one. Since. Spiders. Just Nope! All the Nopes!

Sand's hesitation, meaning the none that was there, has Tuesday smiling. There's something warmer to it then her normal cheeky grins. "Thanks."

Then because Depressing, "Obvious topic change is obvious, but Sand? Orders? Why you no in one?" a blink as the cooks veg and meat were being transferred to plates, and the burners turned off. "No judgement. I wasn't in an Order not to long ago too." hazels looking not at the Obrimos, but for the tortillas they'd bought to she could start with the making of their tasty gyros. "Cheese?" asked as she dived into the fridge to grab the greek yogurt to start up a tzatziki, with the bits that would go in it already chopped, and diced and sliced.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Death was a fact of life, and even though they were Awakened they were not immune to it.

Blonde head nods, “Thanks. I would at least like to know what they are and stop them from killing someone else. Not sure if any of that is possible, but I think it’s worth a shot.” Maybe it would give her some closure. Maybe.

Laughing, “Ah, snows not all that bad. Sure, it’s cold and sucks cause it’s cold. But the minutes and hours after a fresh snow fall are amazing. The world is blanketed in this bright white stuff and the world looks new and there is this quiet that envelopes things. My favorite thing to do was go out in the evening after a storm and walk in the woods. The moonlight gave the world an errie, yet beautiful light and the world seemed surreal.” Shrug. “But then the snow can go away.” She adds with a laugh. “Cause then it gets dirty and slushy and gross.” Yup.

Then Tuesday asks about Sands lack of an Order. A good question, so Faye turns her eyes to her, eager for her answer.

“Agree, no judgement at all.”
    Choosing an Order was a personal decision and not one to rush.

“And yeah, of course cheese!” duh.

8. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

Nods. "I would be inclined to agree. Both to the want and that it is worth a shot."

"I've seen the Christmas cards and album covers but I guess it is the difference between seeing a picture of an elephant and actually touching one."

Fresh snowfall in a moonlight wood. Likely as cliche as the beach right after a wave rolls back. Likely cliche for the same reason. Truth and clarity in the moments.

"Uhh," hesitation. Exhalation. 1st step is admitting?

"To be honest it's mostly just a lack of knowledge. The guy who taught me most of the stuff felt it more important to make sure I didn't kill myself and probably figured we could get to figuring out Orders- well most likely getting me into his, at a later date. But the date never came. So I know the brochure points of the Orders but really that's about it. And I just felt like maybe before I signed into that I should at least take the tour or talk to an alumni if you will."

Shotgun weddings in Vegas. Not always a good idea after all.

Tension breaker on actually non tension moment still deserves a grin, "What she said."

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Haven't heard anything on the new or interwebs to point to spiders being active - not even the tabloids that I keep an eye on. So. I don't know what's up with them. But, no new is good...?" hopefully. Tuesday really hoped that the spiders hadn't retreated to gain in strength and number to do a spidery take over of the world.

....hopefully that's not what they did to the realm that Faye'd seen them in. Because, if it was. Boding well for us, nope.

"Sure, sure it's pretty. Until it turns to brown slushy crap." Which just sucked. If snow didn't do that, it would be fan-frikin'-tastic. No sarcasm. Like seriously. It was pretty and that moment in the night with the stars and the sky and the sparkely snow....

Sigh.

"Ahhhh....gotcha, gotcha." Tuesday head bobs as she starts to assemble the gyros, "And Sand, seriously no pressure about joining up or anything. You can talk to us - but we don't even have all the Orders in Sacramento. So, might have to go on a field trip if you wanna join up with one of the ones we don't have in town." Tuesday says, adding the cheese everyone wanted.

Once they were done, she handed them to the others, "Like seriously no pressure. You do you." a nod, then to prove that it was all good, "Heck, I was an Apostate until last April. So. Like. Seriously."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, “Exactly.” Was one of those things that was worth seeing in person at least once in your life. Least in her opinion.

Another nod, “That makes sense. There is a lot of positives and negatives to each Order, despite someone saying theirs is perfect,” head shake, “they aren’t.” maybe she was just cynical. “And taking your time and asking questions is very smart and I think the best way to go about it. Some people are perfectly ok flying solo, it’s whatever works for you personally and what you want.” Shrug. “My mentor brought me into the Ladder, and all these years later I still believe deeply in the views. But, that’s me.” Smile.

Looking over to Tuesday, “Well, that’s not to say they aren’t active. Perhaps the scuffle they had with Crowley and Truce, and some of us poking around drove them to be more careful. With the portal still open, I believe they’re still kicking around, just not drawing attention. And not that I want to poke a hornets nest or anything, but I want to be sure. Maybe get some flame throwers, go into the portal and burn those fuckers.” And pull some legs off those murdering bastards.

“Sure, I’m willing to answer any questions I can if you have them. And yeah, no pressure at all.” But sometimes it was good to know what was out there and what aligned with your views.

“So Sand, feelings on Halloween and dressing up?”
    change of subject cause Faye like Halloween and things were getting too heavy for her. And maybe Sand liked Halloween and would want to dress up with her and Tuesday too.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread