Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Lets plan a fight

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross grits his teeth.

Yes, Longstreet was thoughtless bringing a weapon here. And even more thoughtless with his response to the Reeve when she noticed. His idea to deploy some sort of slick substance to catch the Brood off guard isn't the best. And perhaps spending time scouting out the Brood's secondary locations only distracts from the task at hand. But scolding him and correcting him is proving to be an even larger distraction.

"Let's discuss strategy," he suggests, seeming slightly impatient. "How are we going to approach this, on the ground, the night of?"

He looks to each of the other Damned in the room, one by one.

"So, Dirge arrives. With or without back up. What does she find? How do we play it? Do we leave a token force visible? Just one of us or a few? Or are we all there? If we do conceal part of our numbers, should there be a pre-ordained moment for the others to greet our guest?"

The Burned Man falls silent, hoping this will get the meeting back on track. He has his own ideas, but perhaps it's best to let the others work the problem first.

2. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “It’s only noticeably harder if you’re not trained right. But I see your point, and not many are well trained with firearms.” She’s betting she could still be a damn good shot laying on the ground. And now she wants to try.

Eyes just look at Robert, not caring for his attitude, but not wanting to waste anymore time on him right now.

She then looks to Alice, “A well placed shot to the head will be a huge annoyance to a Kindred. I’ve been on the receiving end of one, it hurts, it can do a lot of damage and it put me into Torpor. But that’s if the shot is dead on. I mostly use mine as a distraction and to draw attention.” She wasn’t sure if she could be that dead on with a moving, pissed off Brood. But she’d try. And usually people focus on taking out the one with the gun first. She then nods to Cross, “Now that shotgun? That will tear chunks out and be more effective than my revolvers. So I saw we need a few more of those.” Cause Cross was pretty damn effective with it if she remembered right.

“I haven’t looked too much into Animalism yet, so I can’t help with that.” Which would be helpful right about now.

“That’s an excellent point Seneschal Hart, overloading the senses. I just worry about it putting you in harms way.”
    Which she did not want to do.

Dark eyes shift to the cell and see the message.

“Well Mr Longstreet, looks like Priscus Wood is on her way. Sounds like she is right outside.” Though she would have liked to have had Mable here for the start, to hear what had been discussed. “I don’t want to go over things again, it’ll draw this out. We’ll fill her in on the important things that are decided, like placement and the such. Though maybe she has Animalism.” The last bit directed at Alice.

Nodding to Twist, “I agree, we don’t want to delay any longer than we have to. I would prefer to catch them off guard, but I don’t think we’ll have that luxury.” Not anymore. “Mr Longstreet, how long to you believe it will take for you to get your scout ready and a report from them?” this would give them a time frame. “If we give this scout a night or two, it would give us time to get our hands on some more weapons and setup any traps we decide to use." trying to see the positive to the whole scout thing.

“Deputy Cross, I believe we play it like we did the first time. Those who can hide their Beasts and hide in the shadows should do so. And having a signal in place would be ideal. Now, it might now give us an edge if they think there are only a few of us, but it might help. We all need to be armed. I can place some calls and see about some shotguns and knives, but if anyone already has these items, let me know. I want Dirge to walk in and only see two or three of us. She might be arrogant enough not to bring anyone with her, or might bring an army.”
    She then spreads her hand out in front of her, “But that’s my opinion. I want to hear what you would suggest Deputy Cross, do you have any experience that would give us the upper hand?” she asks, “Of course I welcome anyone to give a suggestion.” That did not include placing grease on the floor.

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Bump "Bump" this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable slips through the door, surprised it wasn't locked. But then, the...things they needed to deal with wouldn't care about a locked door. She enters the meeting area and pauses. Every ounce of her wanted to start ripping the others apart. Mable's killing instincts were on edge. She needed to maintain control. Loosing her mind would help no one but the enemy. She leashed herself and drifted in to the group.

Her usual cheerful self was quite subdued. Her eyes held a colder look. She forced herself to soften her edge a bit more. She reminded herself who and what she was. She was one of the good guys and she had skills that would be useful. She smiled a semi bright smile. She unzipped her black hoodie to reveal a soft aqua tank top with a kitten on it. "Good evening, everyone." She said in a sweet gentle voice.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Alice nods, a small, "Ah," left her lips. She hadn't known that about guns and kindred, having never experienced that herself. She tries not to frown, Ale'd been shot in the head, sent into torpor and woke covered in gas. If Alice had it all right, who knows, maybe the time she was describing and the time she told Alice about were different incidents.

"It wont, if we take precautions. But, sometimes I use the pull and press of the Beast to direct myself. I'm sure Dirge will do the same. She might trust that over her ears." Alice admits, not liking this. Admitting all her secrets.

"Priscus Wood," Alice nods, as the sweet savage arrives.

"We could prepare for every eventuality, and still be surprised. Be it tactics, or Disciplines, or even Devotions. Remember she was a member of he Circle of the Crone before she forsook everything, and that's just Dirge, never mind whoever she might bring with her." continuing on with the point of this meeting, "Those who can hide their Beast will be hidden, but those that can also Cloak with be a great advantage to stand with Her Grace as she summons Dirge."

Her head doesn't tilt, but she makes a mental note to talk to Gilroy and Cynthia.

"And those who cannot do either, they could be predominate as Her Grace's bodyguards, or honor guards or something," Alice brakes off, "While we all know that you don't need, such a thing it could be artful? Provide a certain...impression?" Alice tried, and hoped she didn't offend the Duchess. "To draw the eye to them, and not those that are hidden."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

R
    Robert Longstreet

The conversation becomes more lively - ironic, given that all participants are clinically dead - and Longstreet doesn't get the chance to explain how plainly wrong the Seneschal is about some things. He can let those go, though. The liquid trap thing didn't get the majority's approval anyway, and the Reeve already took it upon herself to explain just how dangerous guns can be to the Damned.

Somewhere in the middle of things, Priscus Wood appears. Always good to have more people you can count on. Although he hopes she doesn't follow up on the idea of scouting animals, because there's no way this Haunt trusts dogs or rats with recon.

"I'll place the order when we are done here, Madam Reeve" He replies to the Gangrel when she asks about the timeline "A night or two should be enough to get concrete results"

And then tactics are discussed, and a very good point is brought up: that there will be blanks and uncertainties up to the very moment the fight starts. It's not the ideal situation, but hell, are things ever exactly as we want them to be?

"If we want to use bait to divert their attention from an ambush, then I volunteer. Never too good with hiding, I'm afraid, but I can pose as a bodyguard or something. If I get a solid grapple on Dirge, that means the heathens will think twice about shooting in our direction, and her spear will be out of the game" The chances of living through this are maybe one in a milion for him, but to think of the crazy cred he'll get regardless! Totally worth it! "But if I do that and I live through the night I'm calling dibs on the fucking thing as a war trophy" The Bishop falls silent for a moment.

"That is, if you approve of this, Your Grace" He addresses Twist

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I have my own weapons," Twist commented. Though she appreciated the offer, she was rather particular about the killing instruments that rested against her flesh more often than not.

"As long as I have an idea of where those around me are, I am fine with the idea. It is afterall where she will be drawn to. I just don't want to accidently hit one of us if fighting starts soon into the encounter."

A thin shoulder lifts and falls in shrug, "I think we should focus on the fight at hand rather than the spoils. But if you wish to keep an eye on the spear, if she still carries it, I only suggest you not loose sight of other threats."

It wasn't that she didn't understand battle trophies. She just was used to them having significance to the collector. Now, if Dirge did have and use the spear against Cross, it would be worth fighting for. But if it was merely a cane come the night of the fight... would it truly represent anything to him?
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Cross gives the Reeve a grim smile. "Yes, it did the trick, didn't it? I've still got mine. A few more couldn't hurt." The Burned Man thinks of that shotgun as a spoil of war. He'd taken it off a Heretic during their last battle with the Brood and used it to slaughter at least two of his comrades. "You have the hook up for those?" He thinks he knows the answer already, but it never hurts to ask.

It's at that moment that Mable arrives. Cross suppresses a grimace at the sudden onslaught of her Beast and gives her a nod. "Evening, Priscus Wood." And then he's pressing onward.

"As for gaining the upper hand. I see three ways to tilt the field in our favor." He holds up three fingers: "Adequate cover, the element of surprise, and a secondary exit. The first, if not available currently in the space, can be manufactured. I'm thinking wooden boxes or crates. Set up a randomized pattern. Not only will this provide us with protection from any incoming fire, if we use them to create narrow passages, we can also use them to funnel the enemy and stage ambushes. They'll be forced to move into unfamiliar terrain and we'll be waiting for them..." A pause. "Of course, this all depends on what's already in the warehouse, and on the timeline. We may not have the luxury of...shaping the space."

Cold, blue eyes sweep across the other Damned in the room. "Still, if it's possible, this will also help us with the second point: surprise. I can wrap myself in the shadows, but I'm not sure if any of you can. Adequate cover is just as effective when it comes to disguising our numbers. We can leave one or two, Brother Longstreet and another, alongside Her Grace, I can position myself behind our guests, and the rest of you can lie in wait under cover." Played right, they could trap the Brood between them or, just as likely, push them into a maze of boxes where they can be picked off one by one.

"Finally, a secondary exit: last time, there was only one way into the warehouse. That created a bottleneck at the door and prevented us from escaping or even splitting the battlefield. If this location has a secondary exit, it'll likely save us if things go bad. Or permit us to change the terrain if it seems necessary." Cross looks closely at the layout of the warehouse on the whiteboard, looking for the number of doors. "Further, I know that Seneschal Hart and I have the ability to...disguise things. Even doors. We could keep this secondary exit hidden from the enemy until we need to use it."

At Twist's request that she know where others are, Cross gives her a nod: "Don't worry, Your Grace. You won't see me. Not at first. But I'll keep out of your line of fire." With that, Cross shuts his mouth. He's gone on long enough.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alice had a good point, being able to use the feel and pull of the Beasts to direct herself. Guess she had never really thought of it because she used her eyes.

“Then I would like to make sure we take precautions. Just tell me what you’ll need and I will get it for you.” The Haunt wasn’t going to left hanging this time.

“An excellent point Seneschal Hart, we cannot prepare for everything. But we can go into this on the same page and with some type of a plan. I plan on standing beside Her Grace.”
    From her tone, there was no debating that. Not that she expecting anyone to argue with her on it. She was Reeve, it was her job to protect the Domain and those who reside within it. Even if that meant putting her own Danse on the front line, so be it. She was not one to hide in the shadows.

A nod to Longstreet, “Looking forward to hearing what they come up with.” She wasn’t expecting much, but they would need a few nights to get things in place, so it couldn’t hurt.

Then an eyebrow was raised, did he think he would really be able to grapple Dirge? Had to give the guy credit for guts. But she had a feeling it would be near impossible to get the jump on the woman. If she had won Regency’s and survived this long, then she was truly a dangerous one.

Looking to Twist, “I believe if we are positioned off your shoulders behind you, getting hit shouldn’t be an issue. Not to say it couldn’t happen, but I for one am not concerned about it. Things will happen quickly and we all need to focus on the target, Dirge. Like was said, if we can subdue her, perhaps she can be used as a bargaining chip. Maybe.” Too many uncertainties.

“A good point. If she does carry the spear, do not lose focus. If after the dust settles, and we have won, then it can be dealt with then. But our priority is Dirge and ending the Brood threat to the Domain right now. And that is more important than some spear.”
    If he wanted it, she didn’t care. But it would not be priority.

She then nods to Cross, “It certainly did. Worked better than my own guns I dare say.” But not her Claws. “I have some contacts in Arms Dealers and will be making some calls to see about getting a couple more.” Certainly couldn’t hurt to have a more firepower on their side. “But we have to expect them to come just as armed.” They did the first time, and they will this time.

She listens and nods as Cross speaks, “There’s the typical junk in the warehouse, it’s been abandoned for some time. But getting more crates and boxes can be done. If we are giving Mr Longstreet a couple nights with his scouts, we can certainly gather a few boxes to use. We might have all the time we would want, but we can make do with the time we have and get something setup.” No reason it can’t be done.

Looking to Longstreet and Twist, “So Mr Longstreet and I standing with Her Grace. Deputy Cross did this at our last tangle with the Brood, hid behind them, and I believe it was a huge asset to us. If anyone else can do the same, that would be a major boon. If not, we’ll make due. Now, they could be expecting this, or doing it themselves, they are completely stupid. So we need to expect they could also have more than we see as well.” It was going to be a wild and unpredictable night.

Sliding the pictures over to Cross, “There are a few rooms that I think will work in our favor in that regard. And I completely agree, the lack of a second exit hurt us last time. And this ability, to disguise things, is frankly amazing. If you can both do this, then lets do it. It could make them act rashly and think they have the upper hand, showing all their cards. So yeah, do it.” That was freakin amazing! When they hell did they get that skill?!
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

This are progressing nicely, or at least better then they had been earlier.

"While Mister Longstreet's scouts are at work, I'll need to visit the warehouse, and learn the space. Especially if we're going to turn it into a maze." comes Alice's voice, "I can stay behind cover, near the secondary exit cast shadows over it and defend it, if one of the sees through the illusion." Alice volunteers, knowing she'll be less then useless if they were going into this battle to purposely foil someone of her bloodline.

Alice's lips quirk upward, a mockery of a teasing tone, "Arm's dealers? Have you given up on my cane?" the Doll waves her hand, the motion smoothly inhuman, "If it's still being difficult I can fashion my own spear. It'd give be more reach then my knife allows." though she wishes, hopes, prays that she'll be able to unlock the secrets of protean quickly enough to not need the cane sword, a possible spear or her little fang ever again.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable stood there and listened. Unsure what she could do, "I can't hide my beast. But I do have deadly claws and know how to brawl. I have fought a bear and won when I was in the woods all the time." She looks around at everyone. "Where would you like me? Behind the Brood? Or do you want me up higher? I could drop in on them when needed." Mable was willing to do what ever was needed.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread