Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
Lets plan a fight

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Eyes narrow at Longstreet, “Not apologizing for breaking the rules of Elysia and His Highness.” She studies him for a moment, “Interesting, and noted.” Seems he was going to be trouble, she’d remember that.

“If you want to scout those other locations, go ahead. But realize that torching a location does not mean we will have less to deal with. We also don’t know if she was speaking the truth, could be a ruse to get us to remote locations. A lot of unknowns and we could be making a move they want and expect. Now Her Grace,” with a nod to Twist, “is an unexpected advantage on our part. One I’m sure Dirge knows about, but we’re not sure if they’re expecting us to ask her to step in.” sure, torching their other locations could be great, but it could also be kicking the hornets nest. Driving the Brood to group more and hence be a bigger issue.

She then points over her shoulder to the white board, with an outline of the warehouse. Picking up some papers, she slides them to Longstreet, “The whiteboard has a rough outline of what the warehouse looks like. These,” indicating the papers she moved towards him, “Are pictures I took of the inside.” It was awesome that it was so easy to print off pictures at home.

Alice speaks about the gun, maybe he’s take it a little more seriously coming from not only the Seneschal, but his Priscus as well.

“I can make sure you have a weapon in hand. Securing knives isn’t an issue, so we’ll get you something.”
    It’d be easier if Alice had mastered the Claws, but that was a ways off. Not an easy study to take on.

Shaking her head, “If we soak the place and light it up, we risk ourselves as well. Not to mention the possibility of a frenzy. Not a risk I’m willing to take.” Plus it would draw attention. “And I’m not sure if the Brood would stick around if there was the scent of gas or not. They can be pretty damn relentless and we’ve already issues a few blows to them, so I’m guessing they’re not about to back down at the chance of a fire.” And it puts them all in harms way, especially Twist. It wasn’t happening.

Either way, the guy was ash and the Brood were holding a grudge against them.

“We’re the Brood an issue when he was in power? Or did Dirge have a relationship of any kind with him? Just trying to figure out why they are so bent about it. Not that it really matters in the end, just curious.” Building on Cross’s questions, sometimes it was good to know what drove people.

Nodding, “There will be no fury of fire and stakes, at least not on our end.” Stakes might help, but they could be tricky and more hassle than anything. “I’m not sure if we’ll have the chance to trap her or even really talk with her to figure out what the hell is going on. Why now all of a sudden.” Though she was pretty sure they’d been planning this for some time. “But I do believe they will protect her at all costs, and we have to keep that in mind. The Brood aren’t complete idiots, but most of them are mindless when it comes to a fight. They fight wild and without thought, which is what we saw in the warehouse last time. We need to use that to our advantage, neutralize them as soon as we can.” Outsmart them.

Nodding to Cross, “I agree, your ability to Cloak will be a great strength for us. It certainly helped last time.” Credit where it was due.

Again with the other locations. “I see the benefit to seeking the other locations and taking them out. But I see the risks as well.” She thinks things over, “Now if we were able to do that, burn their little nests and drive them into the open, it could give us leverage.” It could also bite them in the ass. “But if we take a couple nights, cause I don’t want to spend months doing this, do we think it can be done without causalities on our end? My main concern is that it’s a trap, a seed of information planted in our heads meant to draw us there. If your connections,” eyes turn to Longstreet, “can get us some information on these locations, size, populated, all the good stuff, I’m willing to take a couple nights to look into it. It would give me more time to get some extra weapons, but it would also seem to quiet the issue.” Eyes look around, “Thoughts?”

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    R
    Robert Longstreet

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Night of Misunderstandings, brought to you by Sacramento vampire cable network. Our first guest tonight is Mr. Longstreet, who isn't very intent on clarifying the gun misunderstanding - since his chances are slim anyway, and he'd rather not be disemboweled by the Reeve for trying.

"I see" He instead replies to the Archon when she finishes the history lesson. Seems like what they're experiencing now is just the end (?) result of layers of events unfolding. He notices others asking further questions and will listen to the answers while hunching over the warehouse's plans and photos, trying to keep the details in memory as well as figure out a clever way to approach the ambush.

There's another misunderstanding that needs clarifying, though. Longstreet's expression is nothing short of perplexed for this one "Who said anything about gas?" He looks over each end every one of them as if it's not a rhetorical question "I said a greasy substance. Like oil, you know? We could cover the floor in it and laugh our asses off as they try not to fall on theirs. It'll reduce our ability for close combat, but prone targets make easy targets for guns, and I think many of us have experience with those. If we synchronize our attacks, Your Grace" a look towards Twist "it'll be easy for you to retreat to some higher ground, out of harm's way"

The Reeve makes an interesting point, though, that these Brood locations could be traps, and it'll likely cost them some time to get rid of them "I doubt they're traps. You saw that woman, Madam Reeve, she was taunting us, yes, but it wasn't a lie. If we get rid of one - or, ideally, both - of those places, it's less resources for the heathens and less safe space for them to fall back to. If we ash Dirge first, they'll hole up there like rats, and smoking them out will be... substantially more difficult" He falls silent for a moment and frowns, as if pondering alternative approaches "We could tip the scales in our favor if we soften them up a little. Say, if a meal would stumble into their lair, would they refuse it? I think not. Now, I can arrange for that meal's delivery, with some heroin or liquor seasoning to get the guards groggy after they're done feasting" Longstreet stops for a second to see if the idea took root "Then all we'd have to do is take on the sober ones and finish off the rest"

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Ale speaks, pointing out what Longstreet failed to do. Alice presses her lips together. She might just have to speak with him about it when this meeting came to a close.

A nod in thanks when Ale mentioned knives. Then another when Twist finishes, "Yes, thank you for the explanations Your Grace." after a moment she brings her head up once more. The movement smoother then it would have been months and months ago.

A mockery of a pensive look crosses her face, As Robert continues to speak. While she had heard of Rhayna, and what had happened, it was always in vagaries.

"My apologizes for the assumption," Alice says when Longstreet points out he said greasy substance, instead of gasoline. "But going ahead with that sort of plan will take a lot of bullets, you know just how....sturdy we are. And, given enough time, anyone can get used to unsteady ground. They might even have skills, of the Blood or otherwise to help them with that." Alice points out, "And, last time they did bring their share of guns too. Which they could fire from the ground, if they fell."

"Whatever happens, if we can't root them out, we could always use bait. If we manage to take Dirge, and interrogate her, I'm sure her minions would believe word that one of the Domain had fallen for her spell." Alice says, "And....If we can get her talking, about anything...if she talks for long enough, I could use her own voice to issue orders and get those rats out into the open."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist was still in her seat, her eyes shadowed, hiding the thoughts that ran through her mind.

When she spoke, her voice was quietly calm. "Before? No. I did not learn that he had dealings with the brood until last year. And even so, I do not know what those ties were. Only that they existed and that they were what kept Sacramento free of their presence. As for the Bradys and Rhayna- they were part of Straiphen's House." Would they understand what that meant? To call them followers was a gross misunderstanding of what they were to each other. But only Alessandra was Invictus, and she was young in terms of time spent in the Covenant. Had she spent any time learning of dynasties, of the bonds that build them?

Or did the group around her see her as merely Twist, hound and lover to the Prince of their city? The Millar aspect to her name and title merely an oddity to be accepted at face value?

A small breath out. A vague hint of understanding Asa 's mood of late.

"I do not know what relationship Dirge had to him. I am sorry."

As talk shifts to the plans of the attack instead, Twist listens quietly, her eyes flickering to whoever is talking at the time. A dangerous smile and glint flash briefly when Longstreet indicates a plan for her to retreat and it was clear she had no intention of hiding from the upcoming fight. But she did not correct him, deciding such a conversation would only detract from the important matters.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

The Reeve is right in her assessment: an assault on the other Brood locations could produce just as much trouble as benefit, if not more. "Yes, perhaps we send a couple of scouts to these nests first. Disposable, of course." Breathers he means. "And once we have more information we can assess, and act if it seems worth it. For now, maybe it's best to focus on Dirge. And our little meeting."

He looks to Alice, a grim smile on his scarred lips. "And, if we can get her talking, the Seneschal's plan could help us take the rest later..." That's assuming they don't tag along with Dirge to the meeting in the first place.

"Another thing to remember is that this Dirge is of the Seneschal's Blood. Baddacelli. Which means she'll be relying on senses other than sight. If we could, say, affect her hearing it could go a long way toward confusing, even neutralizing her. Perhaps playing loud music or some other form of audio distortion on site might help..." Eyes find Alice again: "Of course, that might have detrimental effects on the Seneschal as well...What do you think, Seneschal?" It's two questions in one, really: Will it work? and Is it worth it, given that you'll also be exposed?

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Was Longstreet being serious right now? Grease and then laugh if the Brood fell?

“This isn’t a situation to be taken lightly. And I don’t know how long you’ve been Embraced or how much gun experience you have, but guns alone will not win us this fight. While I agree, a prone target is an easy target, a lot of assumptions are being made here.”
    But at least he was giving ideas. Though it was amusing that he thought Twist would retreat. Clearly he’d never worked with her nor knew a lot about her. She could never see the Daeva retreating when it came to defending her home and Domain.

“Yes, I saw her and talked to her. I know a taunt when I hear it, and I also know a lie when I hear it. I’ve been in my business for a long time, and didn’t get to where I am making stupid decisions.”
    Her eyes leveled at him, “You doubt they’re traps, that’s nice. But I don’t. Would you be willing to place your Danse on your assumption? I’ve played with the Brood before, and they are not as stupid as others assume. Laying a trap at one of these locations is the perfect way to get us there and lower our defenses. Now I don’t know about you, but I’m not willing to place my Requim, nor anyone in this Domain’s Requim on it. It’s not a bet or chance I will take.” Her tone firm. “Now I do agree that getting rid of these places benefits us and could hurt them. But if we do this, we are going to be smart about it. And no one said anything about ashing Dirge just yet. We know what the Brood have told us, now we will hear what she says. I don’t know what her fate will be, that remains to be seen.” He had to be young.

“I believe scouts will be useful, getting us a layout and head count if possible. We might be able to acquire floor plans for the buildings, which will help us if we attack either of them.”
    She was not putting anyone at risk.

Nodding as Alice spoke, “We do know at least one in the last fight had my Clan's Blood gifts. She had the claws, which means more of them could. Which is a huge bonus for them, I don’t have to tell you that those hurt like a bitch and the damage they inflict is deadly.” The black wounds still visible on her showing that. “That could also mean some of them could shape shift. So we need to be careful and on our toes. I can also shape shift, though I’m more useful with my guns or claws.” She could shift into a wolf, and if they could as well, things would get messy.

“And a chainsaw, lets not forget that fun little toy they brought last time.”
    Her eyes roll.

An eyebrow was raised as Alice spoke more. Could Alice mimic voices?! Holy shit! “If we’re able to get Dirge and get her out of the warehouse, that sounds like something worth trying. Having never talked to, or seen her, the question is, is she a talker?” she then looks over to Twist, “Has she been talkative in the past?” if so, Alice could be on to something.

Now that was interesting.

“So, whatever the ties were, they kept the Brood out if the city?” she asked, trying to figure out what could have been going on. “Now this is interesting, and I’m very curious as to what those ties were, and if they could be used again. Was he providing him something that they needed? Clearly they are upset by him being gone, but I wonder if talking with Dirge will expose something we can use.” His House? Was that like a Coterie, or was this an Invictus thing? She had looked into things a bit, but not enough to really know. And she wasn’t about to look like an idiot in front of those present. She had no problem asking Twist about it in private, as it was an Invictus question.

She nods to Cross, this was why he was a deputy and valuable. He knew the risks. “Nothing wrong with poking around and sending in disposable and not traceable, people. I would like to know what these nests have and if they’re a base of operations or anything.” Cause if they were, then they would need to be taking down sooner rather than later.

Her head turns towards to Alice, “What are your thoughts Seneschal?” this was more her thing. If it would harm or hinder Dirge, then it would do the same to Alice. Which she didn’t want.

“My other concern is her dog. Yes, Dirge has a dog. Normally I wouldn’t worry about a dog, but from what I’ve been told,” a glance offered to Twist, “it isn’t one to be dismissed. So we need to all be aware that she has this dog and it sounds like it can handle its own. So if anyone has a fear of dogs, now is the time to find a way to get over it.”

Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

R
    Robert Longstreet

His idea of bringing sitcom to their fight seems to have taken some weak roots in the Seneschal, so Longstreet feels compelled to address her concerns "If they have to use time or Vitae just to get up, that's less of both for them to heal or attack us. And firing a gun is noticeably harder when you're laying on your ass, pardon my French" That the three Ladies here happen to be undead monsters and killers doesn;t change the need to at least appear chivalrous and well-spoken "Also, that's what cover is for. Something we will have, and they won't"

The Archon's talk is brief, and concerns mostly the Domain's ancient history, possibly of use later but inconsequential right now, at least as far as Longstreet is concerned. Although the Daeva's smile is duly noted, no doubt an answer to the assumption he'd have her cower in the background. A mistaken one, sure, but it's not the time to correct it.

The Bishop turns to Cross "Fine. I'll send someone out there to scout these places and present the results to you, for later use" That last word is not directed at the Burned Man directly, rather it flows in the empty space between him and the Reeve. He has no comment on the Whip's other idea, though. Not his call to make, anyway.

"We're in agreement, then. First you assumed I wanted to set the place on fire, now you assume I'm having a laugh at your expense and further that the Brood won't have superior numbers, a thing that we need to address. A lot of assumptions indeed, Madam Reeve" His voice is caustic, but the volume is unchanged. Last thing he'd want to do is confront Alessandra directly, but it'd immensely help if she didn't put words in his mouth. "Whereas the only assumption I am making is this: people tend to fall while walking on slick surface. It makes them easy targets and prevents the use of most weapons... like that chainsaw you mentioned. All in all, not a daring one, don't you think?" He meets her gaze and sees the Beast within "But if you have another way of giving us a tactical advantage, I'm all ears. We'll need it, especially since Priscus Mable Wood is nowhere to be seen..." Despite claiming she'd come. She didn't strike him as a poseur, but it's not like he knows her.

He pays little attention to the Gangrel's next questions, as they are directed at other people, but he will note the answers. There's also the dog talk, which he knew about, so Longstreet simply shrugs at the mention. As good as it;d be to slip the mutt some poisoned food, it's doubful they'll ever have the chance. Do ghoulified animals even act like normal ones?

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Mister Longstreet, when you said something greasy, you didn't clarify that you wanted this substance not for it's flammability. Considering our nature you can understand the train of thought that lead to gasoline. Now, when you clarified why, you didn't add any other strategy to it. You said, that we'd cover the floor, and laugh our asses off as they fell on their own asses." comes Alice's hollow voice. "With a statement like that, one can understand Reeve Antinori's response.

"Bullets are an annoyance. Unless they tore chunks out of them. I don't see them wasting the Blood to deal with an irritant. Not when they can use it for other things."
    Alice gives a smooth nod towards Ale, "Like shape-shifting. One or more could have the skills to take flight, reach us wherever we are. Change into something that can attack, be it humanoid or some other beast shape they've mastered. Harassing us, and leaving whoever's left on the greasy floor free to right themselves."

Turning her attention to the nests, "If there's anyone skilled in Animalism in the Domain, we could use animals to do our scouting." though Alice knew it was more wistful thinking then something that could be an actuality. "They would be less obvious, then kindred or kine."

Dirge, her twisted mirror. "She also has a spear. Or a ceremonial staff which she uses like a spear. For staking." Alice adds, remembering what Prince Clarke had told her all those months ago. "Prince Clarke told myself and Reeve Antinori that Dirge is quite dangerous. She won a Regency. It was apparently a series of combats. She even defeated two Sanctified sorcerers during it. She used to be one of the Prince's Deputies. Her strengths with the Blood are certainly stronger then mine, but no matter how it seems, she is as blind as I am. Sound is how we perceive the word. It's not like we have our hearing heightened 24/7, that, like the other senses we can heighten, we need to trigger. We can use sound to echo locate. To much, and it would be chaos...but I'm afraid she's skilled enough to ignore the noise and focus on individual sounds and let those guide her. But a cacophony might give her pause, at least until she could filter through it." Alice says calmly, like she wasn't discussing something that could be used against her too.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable sat on the roof near the meeting place. In the dark watching. She felt a little like batman. She stifled a giggle.

She watch a few more minutes then texted Ale. 'I'll be there in a minute. I have been watching the building. No one else seems to be around.' She hoped the Reeve wouldn't be upset at her for being late. After all, she did take it upon herself to watch the building first.

She gave one more look around before winding her way back down. It was a good thing she was used to climbing trees. She smiled in the dark.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hands spread in common gesture of ignorance. "The number of influential Kindred at the time that Dirge was counted among them was much higher than it is today. I did not hold enough conversations with her to be able to answer that with much certainty."

Affrimative nods were given at the mention of Dirge's Dog and her Spear.

Perhaps they were being too harsh on Longstreet for his suggestions. Afterall, they were concerned about one woman with a puppy and a knife on a stick. For all they knew, perhaps some grease on the floor would be the turning point.

She doubted it. Mostly because she wasn't going to be standing in an island of firm ground surrounded by oil that hindered her as much as Dirge and her companions. But maybe.

"My caution for sending scouts is that we do not want to let that delay us much. Every day we take to plan and prepare... they take as well."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread