DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid chuckled.

"Oh. I am now." Gestured to her cup. "Didn't do myself any favours earlier. I think I was one of the first to get taken out."

The Darkling gave the Freehold's sole Onyx an appraising eye. "How have you been lately? Everything alright at the Blue Note, I trust?"
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

S
    Sasha

The Fairest chuckled at the ominous possibility of the small desserts. "Circe, now I am questioning whether to eat a cupcake or not." She tried to only lightly wrinkle her nose, and was wondering if she should attempt to eat one.

"Oh, tonic water!" The Dancer was oddly giddy and relieved at the reveal of the mystery ingredient. "That explains everything. For a few moments, I was suddenly concerned that it was a mystifying Hedgefruit of some sort." Not that she would have objected to it, but, she's seen what some of them can do to people.

Sasha waved back to Quick, he was a sweet fellow still unknown to many around the Freehold, or at least at any depth. But, like all of the people who they were surrounded by presently, all were still foreign. Yet, the gathering was turning out to be far more fun that she'd expected. In fact, all past worries that she'd had about events had dissipated.

"Yes, it is Ingrid. Although, Brigid left unexpectedly. Or perhaps unexpectedly. She was ready to take the position I needed filled, but left. It was too bad, she would have worked out splendidly." If it was any indication that the Fairest needed to catch her breath, that may have been it. Or, perhaps how relaxed she was presently, could have spoke volumes. "But, at any rate, I've had to scale back the Studio a bit to do a few things at the Note. Or, perhaps, making sure everything is prepared at the Note before school begins again." It was as true for the dance Studio as it was public school. Summer was nearly over and that means everyone would be done with vacations and lessons would resume.

"Mhairi, did you have a cupcake? Are they all the same flavor?" Considering she was digging deep into the frosting, the Autumn, or someone else may know. "Although, at this point, it may not matter much. I am all but drooling to try one." Sasha chuckled loudly.

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

Donovan shrugged at the Beast’s apology “Don’t gotta be sorry. We got away in the end.” Him, his brothers, Hearthfire, hell even the fearful Thomas Land had managed to escape. “What’s important now is to take what they gave us fight back.” Even Autumn saw that, though they tended be a bit creepy about it. Still, he’d take a nervous yet knowledgeable moleman over a Winter any day.

“Don’t do much right now. What I know, huntin’, farmin’, herdin’, don’t get much call for in a city. Not job-wise anyway. Not that really been searchin’ for work. Lookin’ for my family and Fetch since I got to Sacramento in July. Fact KingAlex was sayin’ you might know a thing or two ‘bout fetchlore,” he mentioned hopefully. He gave Ingrid a two fingered casual salute back as she passed by.

He gave a kurt nod to Lively elf woman that interrupted them. She seemed inviting, yet the chill air around her instantly froze the mud on his hands, making it crack painfully. The feeling of the sun beating down did nothing to help. It only made him feel like he was about to get snow blindness. “Yep, Donovan,” he said shortly after watching her under hooded eyebrows for what seemed a very long pause trying to remember what Alex had said. Though not even Quick’s welcome appearance could make him smile just now as he finally returned the Winter Queen’s greeting. “I’m guessin’ you’re Sasha,” he said failing to sound friendly "Queen Sasha," he corrected himself trying to sound more please to meet her and still not quite able to muster the right tone. The fact that he was trying hard not to grit his teeth didn't help.
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

At the false glare from her "boss" Circe held up her hands in mock fear, "Greatest apologies oh mighty one," was equally false as his anger. She quickly straightened up, not comfortable with even showing a little fake fear. Instead she grabbed a cupcake and munched on it as she stood near Alex. Showing seasonal solidarity of the Summer soldiery or just being too lazy to wander off? Given what she said next, it could be she just wanted to keep talking about glowing food, "Yeah that stuff he said," pointing to Alex, "Some other stuff too, but nohtin' that'll make your pee glow. Ya'd need goblin fruit for that. Or maybe radiation. And don't worry, we got neither of those."

Too Sasha, Circe raised the cupcake in mock salute before licking off some frosting, "Like I said, got neither. You should give some a try Sasha." As for flavors, "Not sure on the cupcake batter but we got a few frosting flavors here." Or at least differnt dye numbers that gave a little difference in taste.

And everybody was starting to mingle. Oh there was Quick now. One of those that had "slain" Circe in a fusillade of lasers. He'd not been stealthy enough to avoid her notice during that. She'd though he'd stalked off in a huff, given how competitive he'd seemed at the river. "Got that right Jimmy. Nothin' wrong with being happy and angry at the same time," Circe half joked when she'd heard Quick's praise for Alex. Well, all of Summer if you were being technical about it.

And Donovna was asking Thomas about fetches. Better choice then asking the elf. All she knew was shoot it until it stopped getting up, then shoot it again to be sure.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

The Mole-Man shoots Ingrid a weak smile before turning his attentions back to the Summer King.

Up and down, he says. Oh, most assuredly, the Mole-Man thinks. Hills and valleys, coronations and dismissals.

"Hm-hmmmmm. Well, yes...condition," he replies to Alex. "Not like an illness per se, more an, um, active or current state of being. You might say we have all been changed or conditioned by extensive exposure to the Wyrd, yes certainly..." A claw comes up to scratch his Mole's chin as Thomas tries to explain. "I do not mean to suggest there might be some cure, you understand." He gives a rueful shake of his head. "Only that our current form is, well, unnatural. The result of outside, hm, forces, beyond our control. We did not arrive here by choice or...mundane means, yes? Yet it remains our condition. Certainly you can agree."

Quick's acknowledgement is returned with a slight nod of his furred head. "In any case, I was dedicated to...occult research before my time away. Needless to say, upon my return, the focus of that research became more specialized. I had a very good reason to, um, pursue the topics I do now." He holds up his clawed hand and wiggles his 'fingers' to make his point before turning to Donovan.

"Yes, quite so...But they gave us so little in the end," Save for Pain. "There's so much more to learn." None of them emerged from the Hedge with an arsenal or extensive knowledge of their...new capabilities, after all.

The Woodwalker's inquiry concerning Fetch-lore seems to distress the Mole-Man, if only for a moment. Fetches. Abominable creatures. Wire-rimmed glasses are plucked from his distended nose and polished before returning to their place. "I have a few sources on the matter, though not as many as I'd like. What might you, uh, be looking for?"

Nervous eyes dart to Mhairi and Sera where they stand, speaking, before returning to Donovan.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, Travisc06489, liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Still floating around Sera, Mhairi turns to the conversation in progress, hearing her name called while paired with a question had her considering.

The wisp presents the cupcake sans frosting, "I can totally say that the frosting's delicious....or this flavor is. I just haven't gotten to the cake part yet." a grin.

Fingers pick at the cupcake cup and starts to peal it off, fell-flames quickly searching for the trash to discard it, and whatever crumbs remain when she's finished sampling the cake - for science!
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

A
    Alexander Brown

Almost all hope to notice new faces dissipated for the newly-established Summer King when he spotted Quick's entrance, which he didn't make any easier by hardening his Mask...again. The Levinquick's hand is shaken when offered, and a polite smile given as thanks for the compliment. It's the next thing he says that puts him off, if only for a moment "We do alright on our own, yes. Still, I wouldn't say no if they ever wanted to do things together" Be their parties, or other ventures. Maybe such displays of ability are needed to get the Springs to jump on a Crimson bandwagon "I'm glad it still feels good for you to stay here. To tell you the truth, I have grown accustomed to seeing you around. Hope that doesn't change"

Noticing he hadn't touched anything since the party started, he grabbed and drained a shot glass for himself, eating a lone cupcake to keep the liquid company. A chuckle can be heard in response to Circe keeping up the banter "Apart from the water it's like you said - white things: rice, bread, eggs... but pienapples too, surprisingly. Other stuffs, like pasta, merely reflect the light back. It came as a pleasant addition that most of those things have high nutritional value - very welcome after an excercise like this"

He can't help but overhear the talk Sasha and Ingrid are having. So Brigid was supposed to work at the Note? Curious. But irrelevant now, as it's confirmed she departed for good. Finally, he focuses his attention on the Mole Man again, after processing all that he's said "You say that like it's a bad thing, Mr. Land" More like "a thing you're afraid of", but saying that would be both rude and antagonistic "Still, outside factors affect our lives constantly. And if we can't control them, best we can do is try to use the results to our advantage. Weaponize them, if you will" So, an occult researcher even before his Durance? Makes sense. Alex listens closely to Donovan's exchange with the Autumn, curious as to what questions will be asked - and what answers given.

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Aww no." Ingrid's face drops as Sasha recounts her trials and tribulations of the past months. "So sorry. I had high hopes for that little venture. That being Brigid. Oh well..."

Donovan, appearing to join their conversation, offered a means of escape.

"Donovan!" The Darkling chirruped. "Welcome. Welcome. Glad you found us." She was still standing close to the Onyx Courtier but she oriented herself so she could converse with the woodblood as well.

Or at least, eavesdrop on his conversation. Thomas Land was over there. It was always interesting to note what the mole man was speaking about.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

“How to kill ‘em,” Donovan answers Thomas simply “I mean aside from obvious fillin’ them full of arrows. I think I can handle that. But what guards they got or powers.” He knew of echoes but not much about specifics or figuring out which ones your own fetch knew. “And I guess anything that could help replace a fetch that has a lot more schoolin’.” He still wasn’t sold on the idea. Even if he could, did he really want to be a lawyer? But it had been suggested by his fellow and it felt wrong not to ask, what with them standing right near by.

Ingrid’s exclamation caught the Wizened by surprise and made him lean back slightly as if expecting her jump him like a ghost.

“Uh, yeah,” he said a little uncertainly when she talked about finding them but at least it distracted him from staring down Sasha anymore “How’d you like the laser tag?” he asked as if he were trying to wrestle small talk into submission and small talk was beating his ass.
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

13. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

Alexander's question draws a sad smile from Thomas, or perhaps that's pity. But for who? "Well..any irreversible change has a, um, bittersweet flavor, yes?" Especially when it's a change to which you would never have consented.

"And of course, you're right...We can use our condition to our advantage, even if it's cause, hm, was beyond our control. Still, we need to understand it first if we're to use it effectively." That's the problem with these Summers: all action, no thought. Their first move is always to weaponize without considering the effects, positive and negative, of that process.

Donovan's response is met by a look of serious consideration from the Mole-Man. An enticing proposition indeed... The Woodwalker's request is something that Thomas can understand. He hates his Fetch, almost as much as he hates the Fae themselves. "Well, they die like most anything else." He nods, "Arrows would certainly do." Is that supposed to be a joke? "But, there are other considerations. Those things have...certain gifts, to be sure. I might be able to dig something up for you concerning the topic..." Though he won't quite commit to that yet. Let this newcomer prove himself to the Freehold, or perhaps offer terms of exchange for such information...

Donovan's last bit, about 'replacing' a Fetch is met by confusion on the part of the Mole: "What do you mean, 'replace'?"

But then the Spring Monarch is drawn into their conversation, or at least Thomas suddenly seems to notice her: "Oh, why, hello Ingrid. It's so very, uh, nice to see you. I hope you are well?"

Christ these functions are exhausting, Thomas whines internally, the weight of social interaction seeming a heavy burden indeed.

15. Likes , Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.