Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
[PrP] Bismark Memories

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    O
    Oculus

As he makes his way outside the building and over towards the fire escapes, he cannot shake the uneasiness these crab-like entities have given him. As much as possible with his sore eyes, he concentrates on the memory, trying to put a name to the face and... nothing comes to mind. They looked much too... corporeal for ordinary spirits, though. Well, maybe Faye, also acquainted with Twilight has the knowledge he lacks?

Still some of the old hotel in the local spirit domain. Crab-like things, too, out of place like a clown in a graveyard. Any clue as to what they are?

Nothing more he can do on that front, so looking up towards the upper floors he grips the metal of the nearest fire escape and slowly makes his way towards the balconies and the entrance - hopefully as unattended as it looks.

"Here goes nothing"
    The mystagogue mutters to himself

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-04 15:25:46 Oculus rolls 6 to Identify the unidentifiable (Int 2 + Occult 3 + Specialty) (10 Again) 7, 7, 6, 7, 3, 4 failure

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-04 15:27:45 Oculus rolls 4 to Climbing (Str 3 + Athletics 1) (10 Again) 5, 4, 1, 8 1 success

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

(Interconnections)Mana 0 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Out the door and into a cab.

Quicker then people ought to find one, but in the moments between Tuesday's decision to follow them, and their driving off, Tuesday once more calls on the subtle weave of Fate.

Golden sparks are called, and the delicate lattice-like glyph work expands and expands until it's pulled taut, pulling outward towards the depressed trio, and to the sad old building they'd all come from. As the cab speeds out from under the sight of her primed hazels, Tuesday turns back to the Bismark, wanders back inside, and to keep her concentration. She ignores the buzzing of her phone.

Interconnections
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-04 17:55:52 [07] Tuesday rolls 7 to Interconnections (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 10, 6, 1, 4, 7, 9, 5, 5 2 successes
    2017-09-04 17:55:52 [06] Tuesday rolls 7 to Interconnections (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 10, 10, 8, 10, 10, 1, 3, 4, 4, 5, 10, 4 6 successes
    2017-09-04 17:55:52 [05] Tuesday rolls 7 to Interconnections (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 7, 2, 4, 5, 7, 6, 1 failure
    2017-09-04 17:55:52 [04] Tuesday rolls 7 to Interconnections (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 9, 8, 5, 10, 8, 6, 10, 8, 8 7 successes
    2017-09-04 17:55:52 [03] Tuesday rolls 7 to Interconnections (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 7, 6, 8, 9, 1, 10, 9, 8 5 successes
    2017-09-04 17:55:52 [02] Tuesday rolls 7 to Interconnections (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 3, 5, 4, 7, 2, 5, 2 failure
    2017-09-04 17:55:52 [01] Tuesday rolls 7 to Interconnections (Wits 3 + Empathy 1 + Fate 3) (10 Again) 2, 7, 8, 8, 5, 10, 4, 4 3 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Smiling, “Pleased to meet you, thank you for talking with me.” Cause the Spirit didn’t have to, she knew that.

“I love conversations as well, meeting new people is kind of an enjoyment of mine.” The clattering of the coffee shop was getting annoying, but she focused on the sound of the voice. “I think I’ve been here before, years ago actually. But nothing is familiar. Has the place changed for you as well? I want to remember, but I can’t. Has the history changed?” she was trying to be specific with her questions, but not wanting to be too obvious if anyone else was listening. You never know who’s listening when you talk, and she didn’t want too much attention. But she might have to get more specific, and that would mean finding a quiet area.

The phone vibrates, but she ignores it. Her attention is only for the Spirit right now. If shit was going down, well, she had to hope her Cabal Mates could hold it off.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Oculus

Success! After several unsuccessful attempts he snags a handrail that brings down a ladder. He clambers up onto a sparse balcony. A sliding door provides (thank Fate, Lady Luck or the gods!) entry into an equally sparse apartment. Someone either prefers to live in austere luxury, or else uses the flat as a temporary home away from home. Oddly the apartment is quiet. A key is in the lock on the sliding door - either forgotten or deliberately left unlocked, who would know now.

The exit into the interior beckons.

Tuesday

Neon noodles! What a mess!

Information - knowledge! - crashes down upon in her in a series of staggered shocks that leave her eyeballs ringing and her skin stinging all over.

The huddled group are a knot of strongly acquainted connections. No, scratch that. A tangled mass of known and intimate connections bound by a certain quality of love and blood (now muted). They have only a feeble described connection to the building and this stretched as they drive away, lost in the brightly coloured haze of the street.

Escaping back into the Bismark building's lobby eases her torment somewhat. The shops are a glittering constellation of Unknown, Known, and Acquainted connections. Her scrutiny continues to bite: the unicorn can now make out every connection, from the strong and sluggish to the fine and tremulous. She can tell the round cashier in the bag shop will eventually become the store manager; right now she is being harassed by a surly beanpole of a lady but her connection to the shop is strong and shows only growth.

A man and a woman dance around one another, laden with bags. They are both very pretty. The ties between them are tangling, transforming as if by an alchemical reaction from Unknown to Acquainted.

A group of girls shuffle into a clothing store, their Acquainted connections shivering and fracturing with every step.

She can't see it properly, but two people have just made a sudden and catastrophic Intimate connection.

The round faced security guard glitters with the promise of small Destiny. He resonates with concern and betrayal.

But that is nothing compared to her sudden knowledge of the building and its connections. Her scrutiny is deep. Her vision is strong. At this level, surely the imprint of the Seer's brutal revision of history should be visible. And yet there is nothing. No scouring. No inversions or artificial constructs of fate. No fragments of an original fate left forlorn and forgotten in plain sight. The Silver Ladder - or indeed any Supernal group - have had no influence here. Ever.

Faye

"Yes!" Gentle Aroma piped excitedly. "I love to talk!"

There is a pause and for a horrible moment the Shaman might wonder if their connection was lost. Then:

"I have always been here. Nothing has changed. The Choir of Greed is always at war with itself and with the Choir of the Grey Tower. I don't know anything about changing history? What is his-story, anyway? I once knew a Mote of the Record Choir but they don't come here no more. Oh oh oh! And Mr.Pargeter used to talk to me a lot. I was the only one who would. I wasn't supposed to, but I did. Because I like to talk. Talk. Talk. Talk."

"What were we talking about? Oh oh oh - history! Is that like records? I know where those pesky information Choirs hang out. They hide out below... In the Warren! The Warren has a different Duke. Not like up here. Up here is where the Choir of the Grey Tower hold court. I wish I was in the Choir of the Grey Tower."

"Do you have a Choir? You are in a funny place if you do, because you are the Wrong Side. Maybe if you don't remember its because your function isn't to remember. I forget a lot of things. It is not my place to know. I think Mr. Pargeter is gone. He was weak and faded. I remember... Howling Scream of Evacuation once told me that Mr. Pargeter used to be our Duke, but he fell from power. I don't think he is around here any more."

6. Likes liked this post
    O
    Oculus

It is the kind of apartment corporate executives meet their lovers in. Out of sight, quiet and discreetly luxurious. Trying very hard not to think about what these walls have seen and resisting the urge to take a souvenir Oculus moves out of the balcony, through the apartment and finally - after peeking through a keyhole and ensuring the coast is clear - into the hallway. The mystagogues steps are then directed towards the elevator, if there's one to be found, looking for a button that'd take him to the basement - and at the security measures keeping unauthorised persons from going there, which could be anything from maglocks to retinal scanners.

His next idea is to talk to the local spirits, but if the floating cloud of Essence was any indication Faye already covers that. So he indulges his voyeuristic tendencies trying to listen in on the security walkie-talkie channel.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-09 18:14:14 Oculus rolls 5 to Tune In (10 Again) 10, 6, 3, 6, 10, 4, 4 2 successes

Unless the output is nonexistent or overwhelmingly noisy the spell is kept active as he tries to ascertain where the local big shots might have their offices by means of floorplans, door plates or other mundane indicators. That's when he plans to go next.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was a mixture of emotions right now. First there was the excitement of the Spirit saying they loved to talk, which was great!

Then there was fear and worry at the pause, did the Spirit wander off? Did something else happen. Nervous and anxious eyes look around, even though she knows she couldn’t see the Spirit, it was almost an instinct thing.

But then relief when she heard the voice again. Only to feel her heart sink at the words.

Nothing has changed? How can that be? Were her memories wrong? Did she think it was the Bismark while it was somewhere else? Many questions flooded her mind.

Opening her purse and fishing around, she grabs a pen or whatever she grabbed to write with, scribbling the names on anything she could find.

“Yes, like records!” a different Duke? Grey Tower? Was that like the Towers each Mage visited when they Awakened? “Is this Choir a good Court? The way you talk of it makes it sound important.”

Wasn't supposed to talk to him? Interesting. "Oh, I'm sorry to hear he's gone. That must be lonely, do you have anyone else to talk to?" worth asking.

And she was on the wrong side? What were the Choirs? “Well, I’m not entirely sure to be honest, I’ve changed. And it seems I don’t remember a lot of things, and those that I do remember, are wrong or messed up.” And it pissed her off.

“This below you speak of, is it some place I can go and we can speak more freely?” maybe it was the basement? “I enjoy talking with you and would like to continue, but perhaps some place a little less crowded.” Or could the below be something else entirely? She wasn’t sure, but she had some names, perhaps others she could talk to? Too many questions going on.

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

(Perfect Moment)Mana 0 Spent
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Glyph work? check. Lines pulled and neon noodles noodleling? Check. Unicorn shocked, staring in silent awe.....also check.

Never had Fate revealed so much of the weave to the unicorn at once before.

It was fraking awesome!

Everything was here! Wonderfully, intricately woven, a scale so big and so small that it was just meant to be!

Tuesday leans against a wall, watching the neon noodles spin and weave, hugging some and sliding away from others. It was - Tuesday nearly gave everything away by giggling like mad in the corner she'd found, that is, of course, until she glimpsed the building that housed them.

This wasn't right. Not one iddy bitty bit.

Time had been fucked over. Each one of Sacramento's very few mages knew that like they knew themselves. But there should be something here.

Hazels dance in a panic as she tries to find something. An echo, and imprint. Nothing.

Tuesday's not ashamed to say that it takes her a while to restart her brain. She needed to Do, not just silently-freak-out-because-everything-about-this-was-wrong-but-also-not-because-Fate-said-so.

Okay. Okay. Doing. Gotcha. Fate's called on once more, golden spark turn into glyph-work and Tuesday lets her be guided as always, by Fate's will.

Squaring her shoulders Tuesday meanders to the Destiny-touched guard. "Hey, you seem glum. Need a shoulder?"

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-11 21:06:20 Tuesday rolls 5 to Perfect Moment (Fate 3 + Gnos 2) (10 Again) 10, 5, 9, 3, 10, 9, 9 5 successes

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Occulus tunes in! The line is... busy... clogged with multiple bands and a whole lot of traffic. It will take him a while to sort through the noise and track down the security channel. Currently his head is spinning with everything from Amazon to Netflix and YouTube. And somewhere in the building, the Kardashian's are trying to break the internet again.

Eventually he does manage to find the security channel. By the sounds of it, there is a pair of guards doing a sweep of the upper floors and another pair (grumbling) making a sweep into the basement levels (again). They are being joined by a third from the command centre who wants to check on the plant; evidently Oculus' little trick has had an effect. It would appear that there is one guard left in the command centre; and one in a booth on the ground floor.

It would appear the security is more concerned with the top floors; have very little interest in a floor in the middle of the building that remains empty; and really hate going into the labyrinthine warren of sub-basements under the building because its creepy and they keep getting lost. The head of security gets really aggravated when the topic of the sub basements come up (and its an itch the entire crew have to keep scratching).

The spirit bubbles along happily with Faye. "Oh I'm not allowed to go into the Warrens. I am of a different Choir and I don't think we are allied. We are not supposed to go down into the Warrens. It is a bad place. Mr. Pargeter disappeared down there. We don't go there. My Choir is under the protection of the Choir of the Grey Tower. And the Choir of the Grey Tower is against the Choir of the Warrens. They keep the Choir of the Warrens down belowWe will be devoured if we go down there. Its not safe. The Warrens Choir are old and angry and hungry. They may even be... Magath"

"But its okay. I get to talk with my friends from my Choir. And eat them. I shall grow big and strong and when I'm ready I shall devour the Morning Rush and rule in my own right. This is the way of things." A sound not unlike a giggle or a peal of childish laughter reverberated across the space.

"Why is remembering so important? Was it part of your function?"

"Oh. Hey, ma'am. Eh. No. No. I'm fine." The round faced guard whom Oculus had been speaking with earlier shakes off his reverie. He turns his attention to Tuesday as a cackle of radio traffic garbles in the back of his booth. He ignores it.

The Acanthus has indeed picked the right moment. He's looking at Tuesday: at her seeming normality; at her appearance at just this moment. The radio barks again and this time he answers curtly. He's still looking at Tuesday; past Tuesday to the glittering street outside and the beautiful city view.

"Say. How do you know when to do the right thing?" The words pop out of his mouth. He is not looking at Tuesday. He's looking at the street framed by the marble and glass of the buildings window and revolving door.

12. Likes liked this post
    O
    Oculus

When the intangible trash of vacuum cleaner commercials and "The Walking Dead" episodes finally passes, Oculus is able to focus on the security channel. He doesn't really learn anything new from it, but it can still be useful for two things: following the strength of the signal towards the command centre, which he promptly gets to, and learning the name of the presumed boss that dwells there, if any of the guards lets it slip off.

There's one more stop he'd like to make before, though: the middle floor. How come it's empty? Do they mean like: uninhabited or: never finished? In any case, the mystagogue takes the stairs: even if there's an elevator that could be taken, they allow for more flexibility and backing off as needed.

If there's truly nothing in there, he proceeds in whatever direction the signal takes him, staying mindful of any irrehularities around the command centre, like patrolling guards, potential hiding spots (say, broom closets) and scarejump-inducing monsters.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-14 14:33:04 Oculus rolls 6 to Look around (Wits 2 + Comp 4) (10 Again) 7, 3, 4, 7, 10, 5, 10, 6 2 successes

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Concern and betrayal.

Should have expected a questions like that.

She slides in close, not too close. Personal space was a Thing, but close enough to show that she was here for him.

"You feel like shit." Tuesday rasps, "But. You know if you hadn't done whatever you did, you'd feel worse." simply said, face open with absolutely zero judgement displayed. "So. What did you do?"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-09-14 15:21:55 Tuesday rolls 5 to Here for ya dude (Wits 2 + Expression 3) (10 Again) 2, 8, 5, 7, 9 2 successes

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread