Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Open) Fusion Cuisine at its Finest

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    V
    Vigil

"Stuart." Strange, wasn't it, the way names layered on top of each other to protect yourself? One layer for mages, a second for sleepers. Disguises within disguises, and yet the names you chose said something about who you were ... or wished to be. A common name, to hint at a theme, layered over an uncommon one, to embody it.

"Well-situated ... yes. It's peaceful, and suited to contemplation, or discussion. In an area wooded enough for privacy, but still near the city proper. But what matters more, is what we bring outside its grounds. And if that doesn't come with a grand vision, then we can at least bring an unwavering presence." A flicker of a smile. "And there is always something to teach and learn."

O
    Oculus

"I like many things" Oculus replies to what Tuesday's said, but not necessarily to her face "Pancakes, for instance. Doesn't mean I eat them all the time" It's a precarious position the Hearthmaster has put him in. If the pendulum swings too much to one side, Campanella and Vigil might get the false impression that he actively resists being placed in their cabal. If it swings too much to the other, the young mystagogue might as well pack his things at the theatre. "Still, I don't mind a pancake in some good company every now and then... if you don't mind me poking around your cabin, that is" Is he in the clear? Because it feels like not falling from a tightrope.

"Like Madison" The Thyrsus didn't know she had a fake ID. You learn something every day, it seems "said, we can work together." Not that they have many other options. But he decides not to spoil the mood.

"He sure did. What I like about him the most is how he tangles reality and dream. Mundanity and magic. Remarkable" His guilty pleasure of the day: seeking opportunities to use words like "remarkable". His jolly mood is soured, however, when the head mystagogue mentions someone departing - someone Oculus didn't even know. "So you wanted to be scholars and advisors? I'm sure you'll get there - you have a goal and that's what counts, what can be strived for. So what if it's difficult? Now, I don't know either of you half as good as I'd like to, but my gut tells me you're gonna succeed. And my gut never let me down" He finishes with a smile. It wouldn't be half bad to have people who do and those who plan.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Generally yeah. People like lots of stuff. but, Dick, if you want me to keep makin' you pancakes....maybe if you helped around the house a little more. Be good." since Thrope had to leave and Chariot's death, Tuesday had to closed down most of the Theater because there just wasn't people dedicated to maintaining it, even with the swanky upgrades Faye introduced. And their Hallow...by all the gods that didn't exist. Their Hallow.

"i think working together's a given. Since. This plus Sandy. All of us. Can't get work done if there's a ton of infighting and shit." hell, with only six mages, was it really necessary to have two cabals? "Which is why this. Here, now. Is good. So. Yeah Cam, awesome job and yeah, this swanky place might'a landed you a perma part of the events coordinator."

A bark of a laugh, "This?" tugging at a strap, "I just found this in a bargain bin, and it was in my size. So yeah. Grabbed it for tonight. But yeah, if our next shopping trip's anything like our last one, sure. Let's totally do that shoppin' thang."

Campy and Vigil have a cozy cabin in the woods? Tuesday snorts, and chokes on her drink. First thought, brokeback. She coughs and laughs and tries to get the image outta her head, since. Old. and gross.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes roadnottaken liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella pauses what he was doing and looks across the table. Surprise registers on his features, and maybe a smile tries to tug at the corner of his lips.

"Events coordinator? Why? You want more of these dinners do you?" A frisson of pleasure bubbles up his spine at the thought. He could feed his fixations, have good company and firmly establish a niche for himself. "Or are you thinking of expanding this to a full cultural calendar?"

His attempt at humour went over too well, obviously, as Tuesday bursts into snorting laughter. Abashed, Campanella retreated into his portion of the table. Sometimes he simply did not get what the Acanthus Guardian was thinking. Come to think of it, how could a mage a scattered as Tuesday even get into that Order?

"I thank you," Campanella turned, as deftly as he could, to Oculus.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

6. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The name is filed away, and was good to know.
    No matter what was said about the cabin, she would never be sold. Despite being a Shaman now, she felt no pull towards nature or anything with it. And a cabin just was not her thing. But kudos to them for making it work.

Shrugging, “I like coffee and I drink it all the time. But that could also be because I have a serious caffeine problem.” She looks like she thinks it over a minute, then nods, “Yeah, caffeine problem. Defiantly.” Maybe she was trying to lighten the mood. Conflict was never really her strong suit. And at least she admitted to the caffeine problem, that was a start right? Not that she was trying to give it up, hell no.

She nods and grins when he agrees with her working together statement.

Ah, so that was what it was all about. His lack of help around the theater, now she gets it. Ok, that made sense, but in a way she wishes Tuesday had said something back at the theater and not here. In front of the others, cause not their business. But, she formed the Cabal, so whatever. “I’m sure we can all sit down and work something out when we get back.” And that was all she was going to say.

“A bargain bin huh? Well damn, need to check those out more. And another shopping trip? Count me in.” it felt good to just get out and not think about Seers and all their bullshit.

Smirking to Campy, “Maybe a little of both? Or maybe just an evening where we can all get together and just be ourselves. You know, let our hair down so to speak and get to know each other, bond a little.” The good stuff.

8. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vigil

A ghost of a smile at Oculus' complement. He barely knew the man, but still it felt good to have that small affirmation of their goals.

On the other hand, the fact that they were relative strangers meant that his opinions were hardly any indication of true success.

And then the talk of event planning. They were having some success, then.

"Well, more of these events would certainly be a plus. Preferably with some variety thrown in. Halloween's coming up, in particular. Seems like a perfect time for a big celebration. Unlesss
    there are already plans in the work?"

O
    Oculus

"You got it" Oculus replies when Tuesday sends him her pancakes ultimatum. To be honest, it must sound a bit off for Vigil and Campanella that there's a single person responsible for food preparation. Almost like the Unicorn was his mom or something. "And you're right, it's a given. Hell, with so few of us, we're like family. A bit quirky, sure, but family nonetheless" If not genuine feelings then practicality demanded they stick together or they get whacked one by one.

He is glad to see and hear that his little pep talk did the trick or at least wasn't another cause for embarassment. Both the mystagogue and the Arrow seem like capable people, the kind you want to stay on good terms with.

"A little variety to these field days would be good. Plenty of interesting places around, not just for eating" Ideas bubble up in his mind. The river is one of them, but maybe something less... conventional would do the trick as well? "Mayybee" Is how he answers Vigil when he asks about plans for Halloween, because this is Oculus' idea for sounding cryptic and playful at the same time "I'm sure it'll be interesting either way" He recalls the dare Thrope gave him, back when he was still with the cabal. Is it wrong to not regret taking it instead of a truth?

He wonders what the rugged Thyrsus might be up to now.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Nods, and a smile. "Cools." now all there was to see if the words could be made into actions. Since. Dick seemed to have a problem going from one to the other.

"Cha-yeah." in her best 'duh have you met me' voice. "Because when we meet up it's all oh em gee, work crisis, gots'ta fix da thing. I want. Something that's, you know." shrugs, "Not."

Hazels sweep the peeps at the table. "So. Wanna round robin events? Or you wanna dub Cam the Events Coordinator?"

If there was anyone here that didn't know of Faye's coffee addiction they were totally blind. Faye always had a cup or a Monster in hand, it was strange to see her without that....was accessory the right word?

"Halloween? Uh-yeah. We," finger points to the Foxes, "Are gonna take a day and do Slasher flicks, but we were gonna being up a work costume party. Since. Could be fun. Thinking either on Halloween, or around it. Since. Other plans peeps might have. Don't wanna make peeps chose between work and other stuff."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella ate his meal, carefully chewing while his eyes moved from Oculus to Fay and then onto Tuesday. At length he paused to wipe his mouth on a napkin.

"So. I take it that there is a consensus for a halloween... Event. And here was me thinking I'd take up Faye's suggestion of something light hearted. What ever happened to movie nights?"

He turned back to his meal.

"I don't think there is enough of us for a themed fancy dress party. But there are plenty around town during halloween. We could always go out as a group. Pretty sure I... or one of you... might be able to swing tickets for a group of us. Would we all go with a unifying theme?" From the sound of it, Campanella had already swung his support behind a halloween event.

Looking straight at Tuesday.

"I'll have to excuse myself from that vote," he said with a smile.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning at Vigil, “Well, I think it’s been talked about for Halloween. Though I don’t think anything was really settled upon. But I’d be open to a bigger discussion. Halloween is personally, the best holiday, but I love getting dressed up.” It was true, she loved picking out costumes and doing her makeup to match.

And then it seems like Oculus and Tuesday had an accord, a rough one, but it was something. Then nodding, “I like that,” she said to Oculus, “the whole family thing.” It had a nice ring to it, and she wondered how the rest felt about it.

“Maybe we could do a rotating thing, where someone picks something new for the group. Maybe once a month or something, but that way we keep it fresh and different. And like you said, there’s a ton of interesting and fun places and things to do around the city.” Was an idea. A good one? She didn’t know yet.

Looking to Tuesday, “Lets round robin them. See what each other can come up with. Might work, might not. And if it doesn’t than Cam will be crowned the Events Coordinator.” Grin. "I bet we could even manage to get you a snazzy crown." she jokes with a wink.

Smiling to Campy, “No reason there can’t be a week-long celebration or something. Nothing wrong with something light hearted, sometimes we all need to just veg and watch movies or something. So I’m sure we can figure something out.” Cause movies, she loved movies.

Then blue eyes widen and sparkle with excitement, “That’s a wonderful idea! We can all go out as group! I’ve been to a few different clubs that do something for Halloween and each was a blast!” though last years wasn’t as much fun as it could have been. Cause cranky people. “I had a few ideas for costumes, but I am defiantly open to hearing what some theme ideas would be.” Her and Tuesday had talked a bit about it.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread