Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"It's okay." Mhairi says with a nod, "I get it."

Her head tilts, "Spring's Queen is Ingrid, a Darkling. Winter's is Sasha, a Fairest....there's the Blue Note, Sasha owns it, it's a jazz club, and a place we can hang out at. The Winter Solstices normally take place there. Edna's...it used to be a Boarding House, but with everything that changed....I wanted to bring some of the familiar to the unfamiliar...I had the building moved, and it's now serving as a child friendly haunted house, well the first floor or so is. If you need a place to stay, you can stay there. The upstairs rooms have been made into escape rooms...I thought that teaching people how think...how to not accept that there's no escape was better then letting the place molder....but I have sleeping bags, if you want to uh-stay.

"The other Courts each have their own attraction here, Winter is the mirror maze, Spring's is a wishing well, and I think Summer has a lazer tag arena....oh! And if you need it, you can get a job here, and have it for as long as you need it."

then after a beat, "It's not a pity thing, it's an understanding thing. We get it. So we're not gonna be doing the background check that other places do...not everyone can get the papers they need for something like that." maybe that was something they could look into, getting in touch with a good forger.
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

“Ingrid’s the Spring Queen. Wouldn’t have guessed.” Sure she seemed very, very Spring but he would have expected stronger scent of plums from the vernal monarch. Weird.

He didn’t recognize the name Sasha but he made a note to remember it

Donovan looked around his surroundings again with a new eye. He could almost see it. Being able to stay here, even with the screams of children echoing from below. However, considering the owner’s self-professed hatred of the Summer King.

“Might take you up on the job offer but probably not the housin’.” He shrugged off the comment about pity. “Even if it was for pity’s sake, work’s work.”

"So, no other questions right now. We good?"
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Why is it so surprising?" the question's accompanied by a head tilt, was it because Ingrid was a Darkling? Mhairi knew Seeming and kith stereotypes and prejudices existed, (hell, she had a few of them herself) did Donovan think that Sera, the strikingly gorgeous Fairest should dawn the antler crown?

A nod, "Alright, we can set you up with something, probably nothing glamorous, at least at first," another nod, when she'd run Edna's as it was no one had refused a roof over their heads, but now that it wasn't a Boarding House but a Haunted one (even if it wasn't really) no one seemed to want to pull up a stitch of floor. Maybe now that it wasn't a place strictly for living in, it was just weird. And maybe it was, Mhairi hadn't thought of carving out her own Hollow until after the swap. "...uh that wasn't a pun." Mhairi realized belatedly that it might be taken as one. "But-uh-you're free to Harvest....just don't go crazy." a smile, because maybe she should after saying something like that.

"Yep. We good." a blink, "If you want that lunch we could grab that, I did lead with lunch....soooo. Uh. I feel bad about not actually offering any."

Sorry for dragging this out! We're good to wrap if you want (if not, we can do lunch ), and Donovan's Status can be raised to 1!

Mantle
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

“Her mantle ain’t exactly impressive. Barely stronger than mine. Hell, even yours is a bit less than what I’d expect a monarch to have. I was taught mantle’s generally representative of either your position or you exemplifyin’ your season. Now it may be if there are as few Lost ‘round these parts that the Seasons are beggars that can’t be chooser. Maybe that’s why the crown ain’t manifested.” Donovan shrugged. “But what the hell do I know?”

Donovan quirked an eyebrow at the not-pun. And the not-joke about going crazy. Seeing the nervousness up close you could barely tell she looked one of Them.

The Wizened seemed to take a very long time to consider the lunch offer. On the one hand he wasn’t feeling up to much more socializing and potential politics. On the other, there was free food.

"Lunch sounds alright if you're payin'.” He stood and looked expectantly for Mhairi to lead the way.

Donovan never says no to food. Unless she isn't buying. In which case he'll be good to wrap :P

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Uhh, yeah. While ago, we had proper Sovereigns with proper Mantles...but they all left. Left every Court scrambling to fill that emptiness....they were filled...and vacated, and filled...Sasha's the only one from that original...uh...shifting of tittles. I was there when it all started, but-uh my Mantle was weaker then this...I never considered myself a contender....well. Until stuff happened. But that's another story." an awkward pause, not wanting to lie to the Summer, she decided to not say anything else, "There used to be so many of us around that I couldn't keep track...now, now with you here I think there's nine or ten of us. So, we're all just - " a nod, "Yeah, like you said." a smile, "So, I think you know more then you think you do. Never know what you'll pick up here and there."

Mhairi stands, clearly thinking an answer was quick to come, but then she stands there awkward as the Wizened ponders.

"I'm not going to offer then make you pay." comes out of her mouth, "Food court alright?" moving to the door. "Or do you want to find a place away from the Park?"

Mhairi's buying! Wanna close this scene and open a new one? Maybe an Open one? Or should we just continue with this one?

Mantle
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Mien

Mien
    Active Pledges

PRE

"They all left? At once?" His voice was pretty flat, they almost weren't questions. Given everything he'd learned about the Freehold's structure so far, he really wasn't that surprised. Donovan sniffed.

"I'm good so long as they got big servings." He said as he started to lead the way. Wherever they ate they'd have to leave Edna's first and the Woodwalker at least knew the way that far.

I think a new Open would be good.

End Scene

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

Mien

Mantle

Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"Yep," Chirped out with false cheer, "Didn't even bother to tell anyone they were leaving....well outside of a note they left for us to find." the bundle of negative feelings hidden under the cheer, were obvious, even for an Elemental as thick as Mhairi could sometimes be.

"Cool, I know just the place." this times the smile's real and with that Mhairi leads the Freehold's newest member off to lunch.

Cool, I'll get something up in a few hours, or maybe sometime tomorrow morning!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread