Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe nodded in agreemetn with Alex, "Indeed, ha. Guess messing up the paperwork from the inside is easier then doing it over the net," she'd never tried the former, only the latter. She shakes her head with a chuckle, "Welcome home package, depending on how long he's away, I could add a little pop pop to. Just sayin," Circe had better be able to have the power to set aside a pistol for a bribe after a year or two. Otherwise she was doing something very wrong.

"Eh, could be preparation too, Donovan," she conceded to Donovan's explanation. "Cocaine is just leaves without processing. So," she looks back to Alex, "We offer some favours and a bonus for ratting out his boss to a competitor, that's the plan? And just to be clear, we can totally bullshit this dealer right? Just want to make sure we're all on the same page and don't try making contradictory offers or something," the, currently blonde, woman shrugged, "Cause that does not a good negotiation make."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Alexander Brown

An eyebrow is raised as Donovan explains his knowledge about the fruit. He himself admitted he might be mistaken, but what if he isn't? If there's indeed a way to change Goblin Fruit's effects? That'd be some very powerful magical shit and yet another reason to stop the threat at its source.

The confused look turns into appreciation when Circe mentions the possibility of pitching in to the bribe "Sounds good. Although I have a feeling he might want to abandon the life of crime after he's done his time" He was captured once, would he really consider returning on the streets viable? "And yes, lying is an option. I mean, we're going to be economical with the truth as is. So just to recap: we're people from the Hall, here on behalf of the mayor to offer a deal: short sentence and a clean slate in exchange for information. Or we leave him alone and let his people do the dirty work for us. If he's unconvinced we show him past cases that prove what we're saying. In the unlikely event he's still hesitant we improvise and go with the first expressed idea. That sounds good to you?" He asks both Donovan and Circe. Like the latter says, they better be on the same page for this.

If the two deem the plan to be sufficient or at least don't have anything to add to it, the Darkling will decide to move on with the agenda of this meeting. This next point, however, is much more sensitive than the previous one.

"There is another thing I wanted you aware about. I don't know if you've seen the Note, but as of July 19th I'm no longer the Groundskeeper of this Freehold. Normally, I wouldn't have a problem with that, however the manner in which it happend is not something I would call acceptable. You see, it somehow got into Mhairi's head that I'm a traitor, a Loyalist. Even a Pledge to the contrary did nothing to change her mind, and she even went so far as to issue a death sentence for me, reneging on it only after the Winter Queen intervened" It feels more and more like he's trying to explain himself, but they need to understand the gravity of this situation "We have to deal with this, and soon" He states, without divulging his plan, wanting to address any doubts, questions or ideas they themselves might have.

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

“That’s what I said. Preparin’ a special way.” He knew English might not be her first language but the words weren’t that different. Maybe she was having trouble with his accent.

“Might need to borrow a suit if we’re goin’ with the city hall story. Don’t own one myself,” Donovan commented. “Or any nice clothes really. ’less I’m supposed to be the tough that beats him up if he don’t do what we say.” Stand there looking like a dirty, glowering, menacing thug. He could do that pretty easy.

“Why’d she think you were a Loyalist?” he asked when Alex launched into his tirade on Mhairi. There was a slight feeling of deja vu but the Wizened ignored it. “And why’d a pledge not convince her otherwise?” That seemed very strange. Even an insane Changeling could recognize the power Wryd held promises held. To not trust someone’s bound word… it attacked the very basis of Changeling society.
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

4. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, right," Circe just nodded as Donovan repeated himself after she'd repeated him. Eh, she should probably pay better attention. She grinned when Alex accepted her offer, partially because he did but also because he thought someone would go straight after being caught once. "I got nothing to create or print fake police reports so I'll leave the evidence part to you Alex. I can see what the word on the street is about the boss's 'retirement plan' for employees," Circe even threw in air quotes as she said that.

When Donovan worried about suits, Circe couldn't help being a little amused, "Well I'd offer you one Donovan but I don't think a dress suit is good for you," she shook her head, "we could just rent one for you too, ain't sure about renting shoes though."

As they switched topics to Alex getting canned, Circe first just nodded, "Yeah," about it until the word Loyalist came up. Circe instantly stopped leaning against the wall and her right hand went to the small of her back. She paused however realizing she'd not had much interactions with the other "royalty" in town. "Fanculo, I should've known political bullshit was still here. Its a Freehold afterall," she let out a put upon sigh. She eased her hand away from the back but at the same time was side stepping to get a little more distance from Alex. She nodded with Donovan, "Damn good question man. Why'd she think your a Loyalist? It got something to do with the fae drug club?"

If Alex was mentioning his questionable character and emphasizing the goblin fruit caper, it made sense to the elf that they're related.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

6. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

"Who says the papers have to be fake?" Criminals, especially in the drug business, were a paranoid lot, surely it won't be too hard to find something that fits their narrative "Those street-level contacts might be useful. If he ain't believing us, he'll believe his buddies for sure" The other side of paranoia means that when you trust someone, you trust them in all things. Including what bosses do to people who talk. "And as far as suits go, if you know your measurements I can drop you off something by tomorrow" He said to Donovan.

As for the other topic, the obvious question: why? hanged in the air, posed by both Circe and Donovan. To be honest, he's struggled with it himself many times now, never coming to a satisfying answer. So he'll just have to say what he feels about it "Honestly, I have no clue. The first time I got here, a couple of months ago, I exhibited...knowledge about some of the then and current inhabitants. Knowledge I had from my contacts in the city, the existence of which I never kept secret, as well as other changelings from the Bay area who visited Sacramento but have since departed" He sighs, taking a few moments before continuing "The strange part is, at the time neither she nor anyone else questioned all that. I doubt she kept her true feelings secret, she might be a scholar but she is no poker player. I don't know why a Pledge didn't change her mind, but the fact remains: it didn't."

So, that's about explaining the past. Moving on to explaining his plan for the future.

"We can't escape politics, Circe. But this is about more than that. I don't know about you, but I refuse to live in a Freehold in which an irreplacable leader holds unlimited power over anyone and everyone. That's why I'll be pushing for a vote to replace Mhairi with Sasha, the Winter Queen and our current Notary. I believe Circe already spoke with her and you should, too" A look towards Donovan "Although I ask for your support at the vote, I don't want you to back me or her blindly. Meet with people. Form your own opinions." Neither he nor the Summer Court has any use for slaves. They need fighters. Independent spirits.

Mantle
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

“Measurements?” he scoffed with a tone that asked ‘are you serious?’ “It’s whatever fits generally.” Or what was in best repair the other part of the time.

As much as the talk of suits made Donovan uncomfortable, Circe’s comment about renting shoes makes the Woodwalker practically squirm at the thought. He didn’t like footwear at the best of times, though he recognized its necessity. However, while boots had practical use in prevent things like Thorns from cutting the soul from your soles, oxfords were just restrictive and painful. “I’m sure I got some boots that could work.”

Alex’s truism about escaping politics illicit a sigh. “I’ll see if I can find time but I’ll warn you; Winters’ penchant for hiding from their problems don’t endear them to me a smidge.” Yeah, stereotypes, but Donovan also had experience. “And even a talk ain’t enough to really know a person.” Even having talked to Alex he still barely actually knew the man. Though at least the Darkling was Summer.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

The elf nodded. So Alex had known some of the guys from San Fran? "Quite the little exodus from the Golden Gates back then. Good ones mostly, such a shame they ain't still here to vouch for you," it'd certainly have put Circe more at ease. "Eh, Pledges only guarantee loyalty while they last. Loopholes happen too, probably someone was good at the loopholes with her recently," that'd account for a lack of Pledge faith.

She cocked her head ad Donovan's talk of fashion choices, "Eh, don't worry Donovan. We can pick up some measuring tape to figure it out. Probably have some for mascot suits even." a chuckle passed her lips, "Just be glad you don't have to wear high heels to be fashionable." The Fairest could rock a pair but she doubted either of the boys here would look as good as she did with them. Could be good for a laugh though.

Circe couldn't stop the snort from escaping her as Alex went on about the politics. She rose one eyebrow in fascination, "You gave her the business job to manage the park and political power in the Freehold? Hope those ain't combined. It'll look bad, business wise, to have executives turnover like Trump advisers." She shook her head, "Sasha is cool, ha, but I don't know her too well, like Donovan said. I ain't even met Mhairi yet. I'll see what I can see about all this political shit."

She clapped, "Right then. I'll see what I can pick up from rumors. About the dealer's boss not the political crazy. Nothing wrong with checking to see how good at paying guys lookin' for extra security are," which was true. It didn't do to barter with someone that would trade flying lead instead of cash to get some guns.

A
    Alexander Brown

Donovan scoffs, and for a split-second Alex feels kind of silly for asking. After all, the man didn't seem like he had a wardrobe full of suits. Or a wardrobe full of anything. Or any wardrobe, really. Good thing Circe brings up arming them with a measuring tape. The high heels joke doesn't hurt either and Alex lets out a small laugh. Too true, that.

"Loopholes happen. That's why Pledges must be accepted by both parties. I don't know if there's a loophhole in mine, I certainly didn't plan for it, but if there is, that's on her" Especially since she has an infinitely broader experience with the mystical side of changeling life "Perhaps it didn't help my case that I wanted to curb the Leadership's power by something akin to a constitution, with only limited use of Oaths. Might be she saw that as an attack on her authority"

The ranger's reservations about his pick for the next Director are understandable. The stereotype the Silent Arrow suffers from is strong for a reason, and the Darkling himself met many pitiful members of this Court. Still, there were others, and in his eyes the Dancer was one of them "Sasha is different. Special, even. Besides, she's been here long before anyone else and it doesn't hurt that she's the sole representative of her Court, meaning no one can accuse her of wanting to elevate the status of others" And then Circe adresses the issue from an angle he hasn't thought about before "I don't think changing the park executive will have any noticeable effect on our business. But if it does, hell, I'm willing to sacrifice a percentage of revenue if it means we don't have to sleep with one eye open"

All this talk about knowing people, coming from all three of them, means he suddenly realized that he knows nothing but a name about this man with whom he's about to bust a drug cartel. Of course, there's no telling if he'll stick for long, but if he does they'll need to work together. And he is of his Court, for Heaven's sake!

"But we're all about talking business here, and I don't know anything about you, Donovan. Where are you from? What brings you to Sacramento?" Despite the fact that these questions might seem invasive to some, they are asked in a tone of friendly curiosity, one you can usually hear at Sunday family dinner.

Mantle
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Mien

Mien
    Active Pledges

PRE

The mental image of being measured and weighed reminded the Wizened uncomfortably of sizing up a hog for slaughter. If it was what the court needed, he could put up with a couple hours of discomfort.

“I kinda doubt you’d have wear heels to be fashionable,” he pointed. She could probably wear sandals and look like an exotic professional with different cultural norms. And in Donovan’s opinion practicality spoke more of professionalism than whether you could balance when standing on your tip toes. Honestly he wasn’t sure why women put up with it.

“Austin,” he replies simply to the question “Texas,” he adds after pause. Not actually being in the state anymore he shouldn’t assume others would assume he was talking about the capital of the Lone Star State and not some other city.

“I’m here lookin’ for my fetch. He’s a lawyer or something here in Sacramento. My mom is apparently livin’ with him. Want to make sure kill it. Make sure she’s safe.”

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Paranoia, only applies if they ain't out for ya and we know something is out for us," Circe quipped after Alex's talk about Mhairi fearing to lose her authority, "still wish some of the folks had stuck around but I guess they wanted more distance from the shit storm." Circe shrugged in response to having her concerns addressed, "You'd know more then me probably. My business experience is very different from running a theme park. Though pledges could help revenue if that's a concern. Hmm," She hummed thoughtfully, rubbing her chin as she mulled that over.

Why hand't she considered doing that before? She vaguely paid attention to Alex's questioning of Donovan as the thought on using Pledges to make herself richer, even if temporarily, ran through her mind.

"Eh, thanks Donovan," Circe nodded to eh Wizened as they walked along. A Fetch? That caused her to quirk her left eyebrow and left ear rose. "Oh, really? First I don't think you should talk so brazenly in the open like that. Second, you got any legal experience? You know, to replace the fake?"

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.