THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

“So you actually seen the fruit. You… ate it? Without knowin’ what is was?” Donovan pinched the bridge of his nose, leaving smeared dirt on his face that he took no notice of. “That was real dumb.” An understatement. “But what’s down is done. Can you describe it for me? Color, texture, smell, taste, shape. I might be able to tell you what it is and what it does aside from the obvious. Where it might grow in the Hedge.” If the interrogation didn’t go well they might be able to find where the stuff was farmed and burn the grower’s field.

“Not too good at intimidatin’ folk but I know the basics.” He was better with animals. “Been told I ain’t that good at lyin’ either.” But then Hearthfire always seemed to know what Donovan was thinking. “But do we have to be lyin’ about bein’ a rival recruitment. I don’t have a Hollow yet but havin’ a Goblin Fruit supplier would definitely help me set up our own farm for provisions.” Assuming the stuff wasn’t inherently dangerous.

Travisc06489 Would I be able to roll Occult or Survival to identify the Goblin fruit from description?
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

2. Likes Travisc06489, Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe pointed at Alex after he explained his opinion on the narcotic fruit, "See," she was facing towards Donovan at the time. A blonde eyebrow quirked a the origins of the Haunted House. The place looked creepy and people actually paid to sleep there? Circe didn't get why someone would want to sleep in such a spooky place. She also nodded along when Donovan expressed his shock at the fruit eating, "I know right? Trusting me to watch two of them while they're high? Brilliant!"

And the shop talk began, hopefully it would be the emphasis. Circe's eyes widened briefly at Alex's plan for how to handle the dealer. Then she laughed as a feral grin grew across her Mask, "Oooh, I like that. That's funny. He talks and he goes to jail while his boss is destroyed. He don't talk and he goes free, to become fertilizer for his boss's garden," that got another laugh out of her. "Though we can't really say that. Yeah, we know the hob is gonna dispose of the corpse in the Hedge, best place to toss stuff you don't want cops to find," she nodded as she said that, "any, what's the word, evidence we can use to back up the whole they gonna kill you when you get out thing? We can't really talk about the Hedge as proof."

"Well Donovan, Alex's plan is technically not lying. Its don't talk, we say you did, you go free and your boss kills you." Circe was back to being chipper. The blonde woman tilted her head to the side, popping her neck, "The fruit? Wish I'd pocketed a slice now. Hmm," she tried to recall some details, "it had a leathery skin but it looked dried so no help. Its smell was, uh," she looked to Alex, "kinda of like rotting citrus, right Alex? Oh, and uh, who the fuck are we supposed to be when we go in to scare this guy?"
    Last edited by Circe; Jul 26th, 2017 at 02:08 PM.  Reason for Edit: typo
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Donovan Ackerman Occult roll might be appropriate, but a full description would be helpful. Simply guessing with the information Donovan has now would be a steep penalty. I'm thinking -4. If he asks the others to describe it in detail, lessen the penalty to -2
    Last edited by Travisc06489; Jul 26th, 2017 at 04:08 PM.  Reason for Edit: spacing between bcc

A
    Alexander Brown

Donovan's criticism of their decision to eat the fruit invites a frown of the Summer King. Although cold logic insisted it was indeed careless to do it, Alex viewed it as calculated risk, knowing that it couldn't be too dangerous to put on the open market. And if the muggles could stomach it, so could the Lost. Another blow on this front comes from Circe, however, and the Darkling just can't let it slide like that. Sneering, he replies "Funny, I don't recall you having any other ideas. Plus, it proved to be quite insightful" Especially if there's a possibility of Donovan identifying the fruit. He nods in agreement when the gun runner describes it, certain her words are accurate. "It's hard to describe how it worked, really. Like you drank pure Wyrd... but infused with Wrath. I have no idea if it works exactly the same with people of different Seasons or if there are different versions, but..." He doesn't finish, for the first time in months finding himself at a loss of words.

It seems there's no other concrete idea on how to handle the interrogation, but the elf raises a couple of good points to consider "Well, I don't think we need to be very specific in terms of where the guy's body would be dumped. I, for one, wouldn't care much if mine was going to be fished out of the river or left to rot in the Hedge. The prospect of being killed could be enough. Sadly, I can't think of any tangible evidence we could bring to the table... unless we can dig up some past case files that indicate such turn of events." His expression turns thoughtful and he falls silent for a long moment, starting to walk in semi-circles and continuing as he resumes talking "If he ever asks, I was thinking we could tell the truth... well, our version of it, anyway. Drugs spoil approval ratings, the mayor doesn't want a long investigation and sent us from the Hall to make things as smooth as possible. Everybody wins" He stops, smiles widely "Except for the Purple Suit. He loses. Hard"

There is, however, one point Donovan was making that he failed to address so far. Turning to the Wizened, Alex starts speaking again, this time in something that resembles an apologetic tone "I don't think we could recruit him. He'll be in police custody, and we don't have anything his boss doesn't, too. I'm afraid we don't have the funds necessary to match his present salary" Having a hob retainer - if he is indeed a hob - could be useful, no doubt. But in this case the price outweighs the benefit, especially given the fact that there's any number of goblins in the Hedge to hire.

I think every detail available to us was mentioned. However, if there's something Alex remembers and I don't, he'll share it with Donovan

Wicked dehydrated. Missed the details on fruit from Circe's dialog. Green light on the roll at -2. For looking up evidence, Allies would be fine.
    Investigation is viable, too.

Mantle
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

Donovan thought back to his durance, about all the plants he’d grown there or stumble upon. He tried not to think about anything else that had happened during those long seasons of toil and wracking hunger.

So as the others talked he seemed vaguely distracted, offering only the occasional comment.

“If he ain’t human, we could offer glamour ‘stead of money. Or if he is, we could make a glamour pledge with the hob supplier. Assumin' he gives it up.” But his words were said almost idly as he continued to search the hazy memories. Until he hit on something.

“I think I know what this drug might be.”

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-27 13:39:21 Donovan rolls 4 to Int+Occult+Goblin Fruit Specialty-2 (10 Again) 10, 8, 5, 2, 8 3 successes

9. Likes Origins, Travisc06489 liked this post
    Bump Travisc06489 "Bump" this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe makes no comment as she lacks any opinion on how it felt to eat the fruit. Describing them as stoned probably wouldn't improve Donovan's opinion of Alex right now. The now blonde tracks Alex as he starts pacing. Was her "boss" the type to pace while scheming? She'd have to resist any urge to leave her foot sticking out if so. "There are worse things then death, we should know," Circe couldn't help but quip, "though this guy shouldn't so it should work as the stick to spook him."

When Alex expressed their "identity" that got a chuckle from Circe: "Bad image is bad for business, bad for America," the elf found it funny at least. Then she frowned, "We got a stick but no carrot. And no Alex, not dying isn't a carrot when the stick is you die. I don't have much anymore to sweeten the deal for a norman. Expunging his record, cash, or guns for the future was something I could've done in the past," she shook her head, "but I'm lacking in the materials for all three right now."

She looked to Donovan, "Glamour? That could work for fae. Or the farmer. Assuming the boss ain't the farmer." Circe went from positive nodding to shaking her head. Circe sighed, "we need better bribes. Ah Hell, we just need the guy to think we have better bribes. So Donovan, what kinda ball tripping fruit did I not eat?"

She is looking at him with, perhaps real or perhaps faked, curiosity in her eyes.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

11. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Donovan has indeed heard of such a fruit - or one like it. Growing wild, it has the unsettling appearance of an orb of flesh. Its potency, however, is no different from any common fruit: a source of Glamour. If such a fruit were dried like an apricot or a date, it would indeed have a leathery appearance. Perhaps something changes in the fruit as it is aged, which could explain the stranger side effects the other two Summers had experienced.

A
    Alexander Brown

His idea receives a mixed response from the Fairest and almost nothing from the Wizened. To the idea that they might offer some Glamour he simply nods, more acknowledging the possibility than in actual agreement - he still doesn't believe the dealer is a fae. But he might be. Circe's concern is understandable, they don't relly have much to offer on the positive side if that guy is a muggle, but apparently that doesn't faze Alex in the slightest.

"Don't we now? When you are handcuffed at a police station the question is not: is this a good deal? but: can I get a better deal? And in this case, I believe he can't. I mean, I'm no lawyer, but unless he's caught with trucks worth of this stuff he ain't going to catch more than three years in some cozy minimum-security, and he'll be out in less than a half of that, especially if some of the evidence gets... lost in transit" Assuming he can make that happen, of course, but this is not the time for sowing doubt "I may even feel generous enough to provide a welcome-home package once he's out if he gives us something extra"

Although Donovan doesn't seem to have much to add on the topic Alex spoke about moments ago, the man's face showed that he's found something, and his words were quick to confirm. Not wanting to appear too insistent he remained silent, although the Darkling's gaze, firmly focused on the bearded man, clearly betrayed interest.

Mantle
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Mien

Mien
    Active Pledges

PRE

“What you described sounds like a little flesh ball. However from what I know it only provides glamour. It don’t give sight beyond the mask or a high. Might be it bein’ sun dried and slightly rotted changed what it can do. Or they’re preparin’ it in a special way. Or I’m completely wrong and thinkin’ of the wrong Goblin Fruit.” He gave a slight shrugged “But I would guess that whoever is supplyin’ the stuff knows a lot about Goblin Fruit and probably has experience with some exotic varieties. If they can turn regular glamour fruit into a drug that felt like a rush of pure Wyrd, who knows what they could do with even other common varieties."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.