Ended
Watch

The Heat of the Day

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    A
    Alexander Brown

"Isn't running the goods you run kind of like managing a theme park? Keep your wares new and flashy?" He chuckles "Entertain your customers?" Well, maybe not. But he doesn't know that much about arms trade now, does he?

Summers have a reputation for being open about their feelings. They rarely bother to hide between pretense and prefer the hard truth instead of the lies. Still, it's pretty surprising to hear Donovan state his willingness to kill a fetch so openly. Not because they're technically in a public location into which a lost employee can wander at any moment, but because killing a sentient (if artificial) being, especially one that looks exactly like you, is no small thing. Alex hopes Donovan either knows what he's doing or that it's just a passionate thought that will pass.

"A lawyer? I'll ask around, but do you have any more details?" He frowns a bit. Plenty of lawyers in the state's capital "And what makes you think your mother is in any danger?" Did Donovan have any contact with his reflection? Did he haunt its dreams?

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

The talk of running goods don't concern the Woodwalker half as much as the comments and looks made towards him when he mentioned killing 'himself'. Donovan’s brow furrowed when Circe suggested discretion when talking about his fetch. There was a moment of confusion. Alex had said this this was a safe space. Though turning to the Summer King and seeing concern mirrored there, it dawned on him where their worry stemmed from.

“Are you kiddin’ me? We been talking about changin’ out the Director and bustin’ up a Goblin Fruit drug ring… but talkin’ about knockin’ off a fetch… that’s too far?” He looked between them, barely able to believe he was having this conversation with members of his own court.

“No, I can’t replace it. Never even finished high school before I was taken. Too young by half to even look like him. That don’t matter though. It’s a fetch,” he stated as if that ought to answer all their questions. “Could be the nicest guy this side of the Colorado river and I still wouldn’t want it within a hundred miles of my mother. It's a piece of shit, cobbled together, Gentleman made fake. I’ve heard stories. Even normal seemin’ ones been known to snap and hurt people. If there’s even an ice cube’s chance in hell it’d hurt my mom… I'd shot an arrow through its neck in a heartbeat.” Sacrifice anything to keep his family safe. It wasn't like hadn't already. He looked between them again. The feeling of the sun beating down intensified momentarily. It felt… defiant. Challenging. As if daring them to look the sun in the eye.

The invisible glamourous daystar faded after a few seconds and the Wizened answered Alex’s question. “Don’t know much more than that. Donovan Ackerman. Originally from Texas. Moved here a year or two ago. My neighbors didn’t know much more than he’d moved to Sacramento and my mom followed soon after.”
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Alex's comment got a laugh out of Circe, "Yeah. Just add dakka and customer complaints being more hazarouds," Circe couldn't help but laugh more about that, "People take certain hobbies too seriously. And they like to barter. I kinda hope that one redneck got mauled to death." She nodded to herself at that.

"Eh, can't argue with that too much I guess," Circe just gave a smile as she shrugged with her arms spread in response to Donovan's outburst, "We are being discrete about my business at least. Could bullshit others related to club event or a ride's bad guys but really fucking stetching it it's true," she looked at Alex, "Alex? He's got us on," points with both index fingers at Donovan, "You win!"

Ah the Fetch was a problem. Still, it seemed wrong to deny a fellow Summer their vengeance: "I can understand that kind of hatred, ain't gonna deny wrath to a fellow Summer. Or protecting those ya love. I personally won't go after my Evil Twin," after a pause she decided to quietly add, "But that'd be cuz it has more guns and allies, by its Mask, than I can ever get."

She smirked as she looked at Donovan, "Though don't go all Winter on getting back your famiglia. I've heard of ways to get your skill set to sky rocket. If you want to risk frying your brain," she said in a sing-song tone, "I've heard some flea markets in the park can make you practically an instant expert. You'd probably wanna chat with the scary club members too. They might know if there's a way to, like, steal memories of your evil twin or something," Circe didn't know a thing about that. Autumns were supposed to be good with the magical shit so best to ask one of them.

Circe always preferred five rounds rapid to Tokens. "Doing the deed my, uh, surplus ain't exactly arrow compatible, sorry. Night vision goggles?" She offers in curiosity.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

5. Likes Parable liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

His concern shifts from what Donovan said to Circe's comment? What redneck could she possibly refer to? Is she making enemies in the city already? Here's hoping it won't blow up in their faces.

And what the hell is dakka?

"We are not concerned about secrecy" He looks at the Archer with that intense look he uses when talking business "We just know it's a lot to take on. You'd think that we've been through Hell and it makes us immune to many things, but apparently shooting your duplicate can scar you good" He allows a moment of heavy silence to step in before he continues "If you are sure, positive that it is what you want, then it will be done, but there will be no turning back" He nods when the Gunrunner speaks about reclaiming his family, or rather not doing that. It'd be like trying to fit in shoes you wore as a toddler "You'll have plenty of time to think about it. I'll need to gather information and get closer to him, but we don't want to spook him. In the meantime, I suggest following Circe's advice. There's a man, Thomas Land, works at Sacramento State library. He may be able to provide some magical expertise. Go easy on him, though... he can be timid"

Which reminds him that he's never actually met the man in a more private setting. And of something else "One more thing, though. Do you think your fetch knows he's, you know... a fake? I heard that's not always the case" Like with his own, for instance, Alex grimly recalls.

"Speaking of people from different Courts, I thought of meeting the Springs. Although one of their own recently left them, they still have talents we may need, and we have more than enough candy to offer. Just wanted to give you a heads-up. I'll try to make sure it doesn't have a personal cost for you, but if it does, you go to me for refunds. And in time, we may find them dependent on us" Now that was a sweet thought. To have the two of them in debt to Summer can be an enormous advantage in future endeavors, as allies in Freehold politics and things outside of their little community.

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

He could kind of understand where they were coming from. Worrying that he might die. Or go crazy. Crazier anyway. All the same, the thought of leaving it alive wasn’t worth the risk. And if cost Donovan something, whether life or sanity, he’d pay if it kept his family safe.

“Don’t know how much it knows ‘bout itself. Haven’t met it. Guess I’ll find out when I do.”

“I get where y’all are comin’ from. Kinda. But I’m sure. Thank for your advice and offerin’ to help. But first I gotta find it before I can start too much plannin’ on what I need to take it down.”
    Something to talk about in the future.

Alex mentioned meeting and paying for Spring’s help got an indifferent shrug. More politics, though if needed he would probably be willing to pay the ‘personal cost’ without needing a refund.

“Alright, anything else or we ready to see a man about a suit?”
    All this talk of politic and fetches had Donovan ready to beat up a drug dealer. Or intimidate him like they’d planned. But the thought of punching someone was more appealing right now.
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe scoffed at the mention of Thomas's timidity, "I've met more timid then he," she shook her head, blonde locks bouncing as she sighed: "I could'a made a better impression too." She had been missing her Rogues a little too much at the time probably. Oh who was she kidding, she was a lonely mess at the time with no Eris around to smack her upside the head into behaving.

Circe was also curious if Donovan's evil twin was ignorant of what it was or not. Circe had no desire to find out if her own was aware or not. Judging by the fact that the mafia was slaughtering Lost though it was probably not.

The discussion of trading with Spring got her interest back on to Alex. "Oh? What talents do they have?" Circe was aware of the talents of Spring including healing. Or that was a service she regularly saw them selling that wasn't psychotropic. "And is the Summer candy going to involve me? I'm sure I can find a variety to import."

Though it'd be strange to phrase gun running in candy terms if that is what Alex intended. Still, it was not the weirdest lexicon she'd have to deal with in her business.

And now they were onto the business of killing a Fetch. "Ignorance is better, it won't see you coming and can't sic stuff on ya," was her response to how much Donvoan knew about the Fetch Donovan. After a pause she added, "Can't sic stuff on ya beyond the mundane that is," she nodded as she finished her caveat. She then looked at Alex, "Might want to look into its clients too. Just in case it has any dangerous allies."

"I can keep you boys company for suit shopping but I ain't gonna buy one unless it's, like, bulletproof or something," she half joked in response to Donovan's query.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander smiles like the devil.

"Oh, not you. We" He replies to Donovan when he mentions finding his fetch "And when we do, we're gonna cancel Christmas on this motherfucker"

He turns to Circe and her curiosity about the deal with Spring "Ingrid clearly has an eye for details and she knows a lot about Contracts and how to use them. Sera is a fighter - you can never have too many of those - and has a lot of charm useful as far as information extraction go. And they both have or plan to have contacts in areas we don't - entertainment, clubs, the trendy side of town. It's a lot of stuff we could use." He smiles and chuckles when the Gunrunner offers to part with some of her stock "Always good to have some guns on hand. It'd be a nice gift. You can send the invoice to me after" An alliance with the Verdant Court is appealing, but not enuogh to ask Circe give stuff away for free.

"But all that is for another day. Let's go get you some suit and prepare for the visit at the precinct" He gestures to both the Fairest and the Woodwalker to follow him out of the Striker and into the city.

Adventure awaits.

End Scene

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.