Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick can't help but wince at the newcomer's mention of being homeless. That's probably what most would consider the Elemental's situation as well, but he'd avoided putting that label on it. Suddenly a little dirt doesn't seem that big a deal anymore.

As Ingrid joins them, Quick absently wonders how she comes up with her outfits. "Hey, Ingrid. New guy here is Lev. Keeps telling me we're not friends." He smiles teasingly at the Beast. Maybe he can get this guy to lighten up. The other newcomer takes charge of his own introduction. Which is nice. No need for that awkward 'I didn't catch his name' bid.

"Donovan. Welcome to the neighborhood." he offers, politely. The Elemental gives him an inquisitive look. "You been in the area long?"

As another familiar face shows up, the already warm air warms a little more. Circe. Another Summer. This is turning into a party. "Hey, Circe. You could say that." He gives her a friendly smile before returning his attention to the lion and the vagrant. Well, the other vagrant.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

L
    Lev

“Because we are not,” responded Lev to Quick’s remark, “Friendship, like trust, are supposed to be earned.”

The Beast just kept introducing himself and offering a hand to shake. With the women he tried to make it light, but the Donovan got a vice-like grip. The Beast remembered his father’s words: “A man’s handshake should be firm. Do not offer a wet noodle, or no one’s going to respect you.”

The diner started to get crowded. Lev suspicion about it being a favorite Lost hangout was confirmed, at least in his eyes. One, even two could be a coincidence, but four? Unlikely.

It also looked like he was not the only one new to the Freehold. That’s a good thing. He will stick out less. And what were the chances that both new arrivals were not the richest people around?

Lev continued with his plan of keeping quiet, listening, and taking note of any useful information they may drop during the conversation, so he just growled “Coffee, please!” towards the woman behind the counter, and resumed toying the salt shaker.

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh that is a shame!" Ingrid responded to Quick's introduction of Lev, even while she was shaking the Lion Man's hand. Her lips quirked at the corners and she found herself nodding. The Beast may have made his grip light but the Darkling felt the supple strength in his paw nonetheless.

"Yep. Friendship and trust. Totally has to be earned," she bobbed her head in response to Lev's words as well. "You should stop by Funderland sometime. Always good to see new people." She added carefully, her tone becoming serious.

"Dinner!" She exclaimed, ruining her attempt at passing on the crucial information. The staff drifted by, presenting Lev with coffee and Ingrid with her burger and fries meal. The Darkling tucked in greedily.

"Circe! Welcome! Oh yeah! You know me, right. Making things happen is my... thing. Oooo!" She giggled as Circe squeezed her way into the group. The Darkling set down her cutlery and lifted her hands comically miming the casting of a spell. "No. Really... This time it was all Quick and Lev here. They were just talking... And then we all turned up. So. Here we are."

Ingrid was tucking into her meal again. Her eyes flitted across Circe and Quick, who she knew, and came to rest on Donovan by way of Lev. A look of expectation grew on her face - would the wizened respond?
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

The diner door opened again letting in some of the dry Summer air. It was accompanied by a woman that looked like one of those Hindu gods. Blue skin matching blue jeans. Which sure looked kinda cute but seemed like a waste of good work pants to the Wizened. Well at least the jacket was intact. When the desert air kept blowing Donovan realized she was actually from his own court. Which made him smile a bit in comradery as she came over.

He noticed the Quick’s wince (by now he was pretty sure the pretty boy was a Changeling) and quirked an eyebrow. Wondering if it was because he was uncomfortable with the topic of homelessness or saw it as a metaphor for the Lost condition. Maybe a bit of both? Though from Donovan’s experience in Austin there had always been a couple other homeless Lost in addition to himself. The Freehold helped where it could but still struggled to find everyone a roof and a job. Often enough they directed newcomers to mortal agencies. Assuming they could get the credentials.

Donovan didn’t interrupt as Quick greeted the two female Lost. The Wizened went over the names again, trying to set them to memory. Quick, Lev, Circe, Ingrid he said mentally with each hand shake. While he matched Lev’s grip with a surprisingly strong one of his own for a guy his size, the Woodwalker did notice the lion flex more with Donovan than he did with the women. One of those.

“Only just got into town,” he said turning to Quick “Been here less than a month. Tryin’ to find steady work. Lookin’ for maybe a crew to run with.” Whether other Summers or a motley, he’d need help for once he found his fetch.

No use beating around the bush, not when half the Freehold seemed have come flushing into the small diner.

“Unless I miss my mark, am I right to presume y’all,” he indicated Quick, Circe, and Ingrid “Are part of a local club or fraternity or somethin’? Given y’all seem to know each other already.” There was still the niggling possibility that this was a group of Loyalists. And while Lev wasn’t wrong that trust had to be earned, it could also be promised. “You takin’ new pledges?” Fraternity pledges, whatever got the message across. If they were a Freehold he wanted in.

The Spring seemed a little flighty, serious one moment before turning conversation to other matters. Though to a Spring desire was serious business. And food even more so to Donovan. You ate what you could, when you could. And as his own meal arrived he followed Ingrid’s example and began to chow down immediately. Though perhaps a little less delicately than the Darkling.
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

5. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe heard part of the conversation, which caused her left eyebrow and ear to raise in quizzically, "Friendship earned? Thought that was a given." Then she laughed, "Oooh, quite the wizardy there Ingrid," at Ingrid's jest.

At Donovan's question Circe shrugged, "Eh, sorry I'm new too so I don't know of any, uh, work crews seeking memebers. Club?" She looks to Quick and Ingrid, "Uh, yeah we're in the same club, sure. Membership is open as far as I know," she shrugs.

Circe takes a seat, "Sssso, before we get talkin' about club stuff, may I ask a question of everyone?" Circe pause dramatically as her ears went flush to her skull. Then she smiled, "Anybody eaten here before? I mean, I heard the tuna melt is good but I was hoping someone knows for sure."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

L
    Lev

Lev did not really like the local slang. “Club” in his eyes was a place with loud bad music, overpriced alcohol and spoiled kids doing drugs and spreading STDs. Yeah, Lev was very fun at parties.

When the conversation turned to food, the Beast just grumbled: “I had a burger. It was like any other burger – bad for you, but filling, and satisfying. Aren’t this place some sort of a hangout for the… returned? Don’t tell me that four of you just popping out of nowhere in a place I chose to have a bite to eat is a coincidence.”

After listening for the conversation for another couple of minutes, Lev decided, that it’s time to leave. He stood up, muttered: “I guess I’ll be seeing you.” Before wandering out into the sun he offered a parting handshake to Donovan and Quick. There was a meeting ha he had no right to miss. Better to be there early.

Well, see you in 7 to 10 days. Thanks for the scene.

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Darkling was gobbling. For more than a few moments she could say nothing, her mouth stuffed with her meal. Her frustration was measured in her rapping fingers, drumming on at the table's edge. She could only brink and frown slightly as the Lion Man made his departure. She found herself squinting at the door, shrugged and turned back to the table.

"Uh. Yeah. The... The shop is not closed. Still taking people on, if you know what I mean."

Ingrid looked about her quickly.

"No. Never eaten here before thats for sure. I only ducked in to get out of the sun." The Darkling made an attempt at a smile. More confidently she added:

"As far as I know we are the only show in town. There is a story behind that. And no, I am not going to tell you here." Ingrid adds the last bit with an air of mystery.

Focussing on the wizened more directly she mouths "Funderland" and then tucks right back into her meal.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick can only shrug at Lev's gruff comment, rolling his eyes for Ingrid's sake. Mr. Lion is a tough nut to crack. Couldn't he just relax enjoy being the center of attention? If it were Quick in his shoes, he'd have been flattered. A few blinks. His eyes follow Ingrid's hands as she pantomimes a spell. She had mentioned a love for Fae magic, hadn't she?

Donovan's admission gets the gears in Quick's head turning. The closest thing he had to a motley had been his crew back home - all completely mundane and unaware. A bunch of miscreants and idiots. He'd missed them. "Finding a crew should be easy. Plenty of friendly faces here." He feigns an innocent smile and deliberately eyes Lev. "Mostly friendly."

"Sure, yeah."
    He nods along with Circe and Ingrid's answers to Donovan's next question.

"I had breakfast here, once. Back when I first hit town. Not really a tuna-for-breakfast type."
    He winks at Circe.

Quick has overheard some of this 'story' before. Some clash with a dragon. It had sounded exciting, if a little over-the-top. He'd have to get the full story from someone eventually.

As Lev make his way out, Quick waves goodbye in jest. "Later, friend." Returning his attention to Donovan, he asks "You're open to making friends, right? A new crew or whatever? We should hang some time. Show you the city." Which, to be fair, he'd been getting a good feel for. When you can hardly sit still for ten minutes it fairly easy to get to know a place.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

Mantle
    (Summer: Sun beating down)
    Wyrd
    Donovan Ackerman

Mask
    Most of the time he is hunched over, crouching, sitting on his heels or in some other posture that belies his six foot height. His skin is very tanned and weather worn from long days working outside. Donovan wears durable clothes. Most of it is old and patched. As often as he can get away with it, he doesn't wear shoes.
    Mien

Mien
    While he stays the same height his body and limbs become wiry and lanky, like he's been starved. His callouses are noticeably thicker. Dust and bits of chaff cling to his clothes. Straw and small twigs stick out of his hair. He constantly has mud on his hands. Loam is caked on his feet. Small plants sprouting from the dirt. Probably most distinct though is the smell. Sweat, hay, fresh turned earth, scents of fey animals and fruit, and manure
    Active Pledges

PRE

It was disappointing that they didn’t know where any work could be found but at least they seemed to have information of the Freehold. Though Quick seemed possibly interested in helping out. He was about to smile. Except…

“Are you kiddin’?” he frowned when Circe tried to turn the subject to tuna melts. Club stuff was what he needed to know, not small talk. Especially about how good or bad food might be. Maybe she was just trying to be funny. Or maybe trying to get a rise out of him. Test the new Summer’s temper. Lev certainly didn’t seem to appreciate the joke as. Donovan gave a quick shake as the lion left. None for the woman he noted, before returning to Circe’s question. Everyone else seemed to be answering.

“Fine,” he replied “Never been here before, like I said, but I can say it don’t matter to me if the tuna melt’s better than anything this side of heaven or makes you gag worse than a deep breath goose shit. So long as it’s edible, cheap, and serving size enough to keep you from starving.” At least for the day anyway.

“If you’re that worried about the quality try a fry,” he offering holding out a piece of baked potato string with dirty hands. “It can probably tell you better than I can whether you'll like the place or not.” It was a tough call how sincere he was or if his Wizened spite was showing through.

Ingrid seemed more willing to say what was needed. Slightly. You’d think it was Winter given how cautious everyone seemed. At least now he knew Funderland was the place to be and not some flight of fancy when the Spring mentioned it earlier.

The Masked cute guy finally drew the Woodwalker a little more fully out of the frustrating conversation

“Definitely open to makin’ friend,” he said, happy someone could actually talk plain. Plainer anyways. “And tour of the city would be welcome as rain."Especially this Funderland.
    Wizened Woodwalker; Mantle: feel the sun beating down
    Defense: 2, Armor: 0, Speed:10

11. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

And the new guy was gone? Just like that. Oh well. Circe waved bye bye to Lev, over her shoulder, as he left.

"Cool Ingrid," Circe gave her a curious look at the mention of the story. She did't know what it was either, "Bet its a cool story," she nodded to Ingrid. She nodded when both Ingrid and Quick confirmed their experience with the tuna.

Circe got the idea of what he meant by a crew after Quick had said his piece.

At Donovan's outburst Circe just smiled happily, "Eh, well no harm in asking. Might as well deal with the small stuff first an all," she took a sip of water and waved her open hand at Donovan, "You don't have to answer."

But he did. And Circe accepted the soggy fry, tossing it into her mouth. The noise she made at biting it was, surprisingly, a happy one. Circe quickly blurted out, "Mi ricorda le patatine fritte che avevano in questo ottimo posto nella piccola Italia. Mi piacerà questo posto," in a tone of pure joy that left little doubt that she was happy with the fry. Smiling happily, she giggled and waved to the staff, "Can I get some fries with the tuna melt! They're awesome!"

Odd looks and confirmation was what she got.

She turned back to the group, "Ah, I don't know of any club related crews hiring or forming right now. I recently departed from one on the way here for...reasons. As for tours," she shrugged, "I am afraid one like you can't rely on me for that." She tilted her head, "Nothing personal, I'm just new here too. Only been in town and the club for about a month. Probably spent more time fixing broken shit at Funderland then elsewhere. And I ain't exactly a expert handy woman."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

13. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread