Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Nectar) Taste of Death

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

So, Ronnie G can speak. Interesting.

There was a slow nod as she listened, “So curious, how has it pushed his influence?” cause she didn’t see a line forming. Though she supposed it could be appointment only, with a reference. Keep it quiet and only for well paying customers. Which would make sense.

Slowly she walks around, hands clasped behind her back as she played this over in her mind.

“Oh, I’m all too aware of corporate things and how they work. Which is why it pays to work around them if possible.”
    But what if a bigger corporation caught wind of this?

Dark eyes look to Gary, seeing his leer. Just what was up with this guy? Forth coming while in the club, quiet and leering in this place.

“So tell me, what’s the bottom line with this stuff? Does it turn a profit, what’s the overhead?”
    she was trying to keep them talking while she figured out what to do. Can’t really take them out here, crowded club and people would notice if her and Cross emerged but not these two. So play nice for now.

“And has it worked? Has your profile increased? And I don’t mean to be rude, but I hadn’t heard of you until tonight.”
    Her walking had stopped, “And I hear about everyone.” She had worked hard to build her name, surely her people would have mentioned this guy if he had been anything important or a challenge.

Eyebrow quirked at Gary, “Never had a problem with my health, but there are a lot of questions here.” Being dead was kinda healthy. Ish. She didn’t get sick or diseases, it was kinda nice.

“Where’s the proof that this works and it’s not some twisted way to take out a big dog in the game?” she asks, looking directly at him. “If you are indeed working on your profile and name, seems it would be beneficial to take me out. And that makes me very nervous about letting you stick anything in my arm just yet.” Nor was he sticking Cross. “I need to see it in action on someone else, see that there are no adverse reactions, that they don’t drop dead. Like little Ronnie here.” A calculating smile spreads across her lips. “Or yourself. Hate to be rude, but you’re looking a little sick. If this stuff does what you say, shouldn’t it perk you right up?” her tone calm.

This was going to go a few different ways. The worst was violence. She wasn’t expecting it to, but you never know.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes unlimited sink, liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Seeing the strange transformation undergone by their friend Gary, Cross steps up beside the Breather. A scarred hand is placed on the man's shoulder. It could almost be read as a friendly gesture. Except his grip is like iron. Not enough to leave a mark, but a show of strength nonetheless.

"You alright there, Gary? You're looking a little...strung out, you know?" His words convey concern. His tone is another matter.

Alessandra's asking all the right questions, but Cross has a few more to add: "You know what I'm wondering, Gary? Did you find this whole set-up along with the product? Or did you two assemble it yourselves? Seems like a pretty complex rig...Either of you got a background in medicine or something?" Hand still on Gary's shoulder, his dead blue eyes find Ronnie G.

Ale's last suggestion brings a smile to Cross's lips as well. Scar tissue makes a mess out of his face, folding and pleating, when he grins. "You know, Ms. De Luca's got a point: You should show us. We get to see this thing in action. And you get a little pick-me-up. What do you say, Gary?" That iron hand gives the Breather's shoulder a good squeeze when Cross puts the question to him. Again, he's not looking to break anything. Yet. Just enough pressure applied to get his point across.

Physical Intimidation, 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-17 21:25:55 Robert Cross rolls 10 to Str3 + Intim3 + Vigor3 + 1Specialty (10 Again) 8, 9, 4, 4, 3, 7, 5, 10, 7, 4, 5 3 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

(NPC WP expenditure noted)Willpower 1 Spent
    PRE

"I keep it for appointments only. A special gift for my friends," Gary says at last. "And profit? Depends on what you mean by profit... There isn't enough of the stuff to make money out of. But its a great gimmick to get people interested in having a chat. And working out... Arrangements. You know?"

Gary didn't get to speak further, not with Cross moving into position and placing his iron hand on the man's shoulder. Even then, it took a few minutes for the truth of his predicament to wipe the leer from his face. He had been watching Alessandra as she paced the room, naturally enough.

"I work quietly on the sidelines. Known people to disappear around here," the club owner growled - or at least, he did until he met Cross's cold stare. "I... I got my crew and I don't get too greedy. I keep a small outfit and it pays to have friends." He was fighting his fear with aggression. A tremor ran through his voice.

"I always look sick," he added petulantly.

Ronnie G blinks first.

"Fine. Fine! Sit down, Gary. Looks like you guys wasted your chance for the buzz, but hey! Yeah, man. Sit. I can do. I can do this. Trust me, OK. I got this. I am a man of many talents."

Gary is none to pleased by the sudden turn of events. He can't do much about it now, though. He is committed.

Ronnie G fusses around the room and around Gary as he rests the device and tracks down a fresh blood bag. He does make a meal of setting the apparatus up, much to the other man's annoyance and, perhaps, the Kindred's irritation.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-18 03:32:16 Ronnie G to prep rolls 7 to Intelligence + Medicine (10 Again, WillPower) 3, 2, 3, 7, 9, 1, 7 1 success

"And now, you wait..." Gary added with his eyes glittering and his mouth turned into something of a rictus: teeth bared in a parody of smile.

Once the transfusion begins, the tell-tale scent of blood starts to pulse from Gary. He doesn't look particularly energised but the vibe he gives off could be described as "healthier". More importantly, there is no screaming; no convulsions; no apparent high - Gary looks as sour as ever.

The sudden scent of blood is quite overpowering in the relatively close confines of the hidden room. I will be needing Frenzy checks (for Hunger Frenzy) from both Alessandra Orianna and Robert Cross @unlimted sink . 1 success is needed if the character is not hungry; 2 if the character is hungry. Remember -1 penalty if the character has 4 or less Vitae; -2 penalty if 1 or less Vitae (Hungry and Starving respectively).

If either of you wish to look for further changes you will need to roll: -

Wits + Medicine or Wits + Investigation -1 Penalty

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

(WP added to roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

See, that didn’t sit right with the Reeve. Why do through the trouble if there wasn’t a profit to be made.

A hand comes up to her mouth as a finger taps her lip, the other hand resting on her hip, “So you’re telling me, you go through all this trouble without making any money?” there was a hint of disbelief in her voice. “While I’ll give you the whole gimmick thing, I can see that working. But buying all this equipment, getting the blood and knowledge to actually stick someone’s vein, eh, something doesn’t add up to me. Call me suspicious but there has to be more in it than just meet and greets.” Maybe she was too untrusting. But years of being in the Mafia and being undead will do that to a girl.

Looking more directly at Gary, who probably wasn’t too happy with Cross being that close and with that look, “It’s a dangerous lifestyle and business, I know that all too well. But again, something isn’t adding up to me, can you ease those suspicions? I’m not looking to make trouble for you, not unless you give me a good reason to at least. But if you’re running this little operation and it draws a lot of attention, then, well, that could affect my books and my business. Though friends are always good to have.” There was a knowing smile and nod.

Always looks sick? But she guesses that’s a Kine problem. “Should probably get that checked out.” Makes you look weak and like an easy target. But she has learned through the years not to under estimate someone based off how they look. Like Twist, perfect example of a delicate and stunning woman who could kill you in a couple hits.

Eyes flash over to Ronnie, “Well, if this stuff is legit as you say, than perhaps another chance will present itself in the future.” She knew Kindred could get buzzed, she’d had her share of drugged Kine to know that. But never injecting the blood into her veins. That didn’t seem right.

Was he talking himself up or making Gary feel more comfortable with what he was doing? She thinks with amusement.

Dark eyes watch every movement then look at Gary. Waiting to see what would happen. But what would it do to a Kindred? That was the question she needed answered. And not an answer she wanted to hear about from some fucking fledgling in a frenzy making a mess.

But then the smell fills the room and she feels her fangs ache. Blood in a little to go cup, plus two breathers was looking and smelling quite tasty. Hands clench into fists as she fights the urges.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-18 19:11:30 Ale rolls 9 to Frenzy(Resolve+Comp) (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 6, 6, 2, 3, 5, 1, 5, 10, 1 1 success

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

(+3 to Roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

"No. No I don't know. What kind of arrangements?" Cross asks.

But it's the last thing he says. Letting Gary out of his grip to climb into the rig, he watches Ronnie G set the whole process in motion. Fighting the urge to lick his lips when the smell of Blood fills the room. The Beast roars for a taste of life, but the Burned Man successfully ignores its pleas.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-19 14:25:30 Robert Cross rolls 9 to Resolve3 + Composure3 (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 6, 1, 8, 7, 4, 1, 8, 10, 8 4 successes

To take his mind off the Monster's rage at being ignored, he watches the procedure closely, hoping to figure out what exactly is going on here.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-19 14:29:10 Robert Cross rolls 4 to Wits3 + Medicine1 (10 Again) 3, 4, 5, 2 failure

...Though he's having a hard time making sense of the process.

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Alessandra is having a hard time concentrating as well. The scent of blood...

By my calculations, the Reeve is Hungry (4 or less Vitae; default Blood Pool is Humanity -1, -1 for Blush hence 4 Vitae).

Alessandra will need to make another Resist Frenzy check with -2 penalty (scent of blood when Hungry) or else she will... Frenzy...

Cross is fine with 4 successes.

An awkward, yet studious silence descends. Ronnie G is bent over the apparatus, focusing on the task at hand. Gary is twitching and moaning as the pure synthetic substance is pumped into his system.

"If people like your gimmick, which is expensive and given away freely, they are more likely to reciprocate in the future. Its an investment." Ronnie G looks briefly at Cross over Gary's head. "Even if all it does is make a favourable impression, then its worth it in our trade."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

(Added to Frenzy Check)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-20 14:49:44 Ale rolls 7 to Frenzy?(Resolve+Comp)-2 Hungry (10 Again, WillPower) 9, 5, 1, 4, 4, 8, 4 2 successes

My apologies YYC, did my math wrong with her current Vitae pool

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cold blue eyes watch the procedure closely. Moving from Ronnie G at work to Gary's twitching form. Still trying to figure out what, exactly, he's looking at.

What's this Procedure? Second Attempt 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-22 10:38:30 Robert Cross rolls 3 to Wits3 + Medicine1 - 1Second Attempt (10 Again) 3, 7, 10, 4 1 success

"An investment," the Burned Man echoes...But in what?

"I'm curious, Ronnie. If this is the sort of thing that makes a good impression in your circle, what exactly is your 'trade'?"

Cross had them pegged for small-time players. The usual shit. But this was just plain weird for that crowd.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"A bit of this and a bit of that. I'm a fixer. Hook people up, make things vanish, pass things on. The usual. Of course, everyone needs a speciality. I got a knack for dealing with the strange stuff that appears on the street. The weird stuff that gets dug out of an old vault or falls off the back off of a black truck. Someone has to do it. It happens far too often for my liking."

Ronnie G blathers, his focus still on the machinery - Cross thinks its a rudimentary transfusion but he can't say for sure. At length he looks up and across, straight at the Haunt with a serious edge to his features.

"This. This... This gets people interested. Shows savvy. Shows that we... Gary... here has the skills on tap to make this stuff work. If he's giving it away, it implies he has more. Game of bluff while showing what he can do. You mean to tell me that you guys don't do this? All the time? Pull the other one."

And in his element, he even throws out a challenging stare to Alessandra. As much as he can muster.

"Mess up your business? This? Then forget its here. Its a club. This trade is something else. Stick to your drugs and your rackets. This here is niche. Very niche. Smaller than your, I think. They don't really run up against one another. Well... maybe that one crew... But the rest. Nah. And if they do, it'll be because they play with the conventional stuff as well."

Ronnie G talks and talks. Maybe his nerves have got the better of him and he think's his demonstrating his savvy. Maybe he's one of those men to whom noise equates as strength. Either way, its irritating. But focussing on his chatter sure helps keeping one's attention at the hunger gnawing away within.

And his verbiage drowns out the susurrus whispers of the Beast.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She listens, words washing over her as she tries to follow him over her Beast.

“Strange stuff huh? Seen my fair share of strange in my days, both here and back home, but this,”
    she gestures with a hand, “is the strangest I’ve seen so far. But strange sells.” As far as Kine strange goes. Kindred strange is whole new game.

Dark eyes narrow at the challenging stare. “You challenging me Ronnie? Cause I have to wonder if you have brass to back that up.” There was a hard edge to her voice as she speaks, just daring him to make a wrong step. “And if you don’t, then I suggest you reconsider a few things.” She’d take that look off his face quicker than he could register what happened.

She lets a few minutes pass, her eyes never leaving his, just wanting him test her.

“I don’t bluff with my clients. They get what they ask for, and I deliver on everything I promise. Which is why I have the reputation and pull I have. You are talking about a very dangerous game, bluff the wrong clientele and it’ll be your last. But obviously it’s been working for you so far.” She wouldn’t knock it, they were attempting to make something work.

There was half asses chuckle, “See, my memory is very good, like a steel trap. So forgetting this?” she shakes her head, “No.”

Another sly grin, “Oh, I don’t deal in small time rackets. I’m not small time, and you are right, this is a lot smaller than what I have going. But they could run up against each other, very easily.” But she was done with this guy.

Eyes move to Gary, “This guy speak for you?” she asks, “Because if he does, it could get you in trouble. And I’m not here looking to cause trouble. So I want to hear from you, cause clearly this is your baby, something you’ve cultivated and grown.”

15. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 5 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread