Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(Nectar) Taste of Death

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

A nod, barely perceptible but still respectful, is given to Alessandra. It comes naturally, her being his superior in the ranks of the Damned. But it also plays up his role here: the muscle giving due deference to his boss.

Cross ignores the drink for now, focusing on their new friends.

At Gary's humble-brag about having 'lots of things going' the Burned Man has to fight the urge to sneer, his face becomes a neutral mask of scar tissue instead. "What kinds of things? What kind of entertainment?" He asks. It's not a friendly question. Nor is it particularly threatening. Just a pointed inquiry, perhaps with the implication that Ms. De Luca might want piece of the action. As is her right.

Dead eyes find Ronnie G again. "And what about you, Mr. G? You got things going on?" There's a hint of sarcasm to his voice, a kind of undertone of mockery. It's hard not to be snide in the face of such obvious fear.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Gary, uncertain, tries to save the situation. "Work with you? Sounds like you have something in mind?" He meets Ale's stare with his own, raising an eyebrow.

Ronnie G remains silent and tries to hide behind his drink.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Smirking, “Of course! We’re both business minded people, and we both know there is more going on here than just the club. For example, what dive club has a large selection of craft beers? I’ve been to many clubs in my time, and not many offer high end craft beer.” Dark eyes level on Gary’s as the smirk quickly fades, holding them a moment before she continues, “I simply want to see if our interests align, and if not, then we need to work something out. Cause something doesn't smell right.” She knew he was involved in crime. “If you’re more comfortable discussing things in a private room, we can arrange that. But lets not question my intelligence here, it’s insulting.” Most crimes were best discussed in private.

A sly smile then turns to Ronnie, “My my, cat got your tongue? I figured you’d be looking to make deals and move up the cooperate ladder.” She says with a raise of her eyebrows. And while she didn’t know how involved he was, there was a good chance he was still, involved.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Can Ale make a Presence + Persuasion + Status (Criminal) check.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-11 17:36:51 Ale rolls 9 to (Pres+Pers+Status) (10 Again) 3, 1, 5, 1, 5, 6, 1, 10, 3, 10, 6 2 successes

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Something doesn't smell right? Perhaps it's the hint of cooked meat, singed hair. Where's that coming from anyway?

Cross leans in closer, fixing Gary with a no-bullshit stare.

"Does Ms. De Luca need to spell it out for you? She's interested in your business here. And not just the beer. All your business. And when Ms. De Luca takes an interest in something, it's best for all involved that she has her interest satisfied."

As he has says those last words, he taps the table top with the scarred index finger of his right hand for emphasis.

"You're not dealing with a couple of civilians here, Gary. Not by a long shot. Keep that in mind. Show some respect. And maybe you'll come out of this OK." Maybe, the look on the Burned Man's face says.

With that, Cross leans back again, waiting to see if their host will offer to discuss things in a more private setting.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Ronnie G makes a sound that could be chuckle. Or a nervous tick.

"Eh. He. Hehehehe. Ah. The secret of my success is knowing what level of the game I can play at. And sticking to it."

Gary sighed.

"Fine. Fine. I enjoy craft beer. I got to know some of the guys behind some local... And not so local... craft distilleries. And we worked out an arrangement. As for the other stuff..."

Ronnie G almost jumped.

"No!"

"Yes. No choice."

"But!"

"Its a one off thing, G. There ain't no more and none is coming. You no doubt put the rumours together, huh?" Gary said, at last, quietly. "But since we got a celebrity out here, we may as well give you a free... taste. A one off."

Ronnie G sank back, distrustful and dejected.

Mind made up, Gary got up. "Come and see, if thats what you're interested in."

If he is isn't stopped, Gary leads the way to the secret part of the club, away from the club-goers and the band. A secret place between the walls, narrow, ill-lit, bare brick for walls. A curious looking place, part dentists high chair, part screened off hospital theatre.

There are some chairs.

And basic medical equipment. By the chairs are stands with empty blood bags hanging from them. And tubbing.

"How about a Super Flush? Guaranteed to cleanse the blood, clear out those clotted arteries, boost your omega-3 count and, yeah, maybe even knock off a few years." In the weak light, Gary leered.

9. Likes Orianna, unlimited sink liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seeing Cross lean in made even Ale want to lean away.

While she had worked with him before, this exchange was casting a new light on him, one she liked. And she feels the corner of her lips pull upwards.

Eyes then look to Ronnie, “A smart move, but one that will leave you at the bottom, which can make you a liability.” In this game, you take chances. If you don’t? You get stale and no one has a use for you.

And then Gary changes his tune and decides he wants to play.

Other stuff? Now, this is getting good.

And Ronnie is not happy about it. Which is noted for later.

Rumors?

“A free taste huh? Color me intrigued. But tell me, how can you be sure no more is coming?” of whatever he was talking about.

She nods and follows. She was interested.

Secret rooms, huh?

But as she looks around, she realizes this isn’t a place to store high priced beer or spirits, but some more sinister. Eyes widen as everything is taken in.

And then the blood bags. Empty and hanging near the chairs. Just what the fuck were they doing in here?!

It takes a few moments for the words to register as her head slowly turns to look at Gary,

“Super Flush?” while she was sure her dead arteries were clogged at some point, she wasn’t sure a flush was going to go well. “Knock off a few years? Are you saying I look old?” she looked skeptical, “Are you trying to tell me that injecting someones blood into my veins is going to give me some weird high and make me look younger?” were they aware of what her and Cross were? Or was this some new weird fucked up Kine trend? “Not trying to down play what you have going on here,” a hand gestures about the room, “But I’m having a hard time seeing how this is beneficial, make me money or expand my influence. So lay it out for me, facts, bottom lines, everything.” She says, and unless stopped, slowly walks around and looks at things. What was this and how were they getting the blood? Who was funding this? Was it a threat to the Masquerade?

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross lets the others go ahead, bringing up the rear. The position offers the Burned Man two benefits: keeps Ronnie G and Gary on their guard and allows him to watch for any suspicious behavior.

When they've entered the new space, Cross pauses to take in the set up. Fucked up shit, he thinks. But he's seen fucked up shit before. And it's easier to stay detached when you're a walking a corpse.

Stepping further into the room, he stops again. Letting Alessandra take the lead with her inspection and her questions. Using the time to make a careful inventory of the space, his experience as a cop guiding his emotionless eyes as he catalogues the details.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-15 10:13:38 Robert Cross rolls 5 to Wits3 + Invest2 (10 Again) 4, 9, 4, 7, 3 1 success

Finally, he adds a couple questions of his own, turning his dread gaze on Gary: "Impressive. How'd you get the idea for all...this? And how long've you been at it?"

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Gary may be leering in the gloom but it is Ronnie G that speaks.

"Eh. This was his idea. Its to push his influence. No one elses." Ronnie G sighed. "I keep my ear to the ground. I got lots of eyes. I know shit. Like this. See, few years back there was a biotech start-up in Sac-town. Really small affair - they were just out of college but damn, were they geniuses. They figured out how to make a viable synthetic substitute for blood. My guess is they were too naive about the industry. They got hit by industrial sabotage and then bought out... Whatever they had was swept up by a bigger fish, probably put on ice. I'm sure you know how corporate things go."

He coughed as he felt the eyes of the room fall onto him. Gary's leer was turning demonic.

"But there was thing left behind. A cache of the product. One last cache... And now Gary has it. Now this is premium shit, man. Whatever they put in the stuff sure gives you a buzz. And it has other health benefits too."

Ronnie G eyes Gary carefully, then turns his suspicious, rodent gleaming eyes back to Cross and Alessandra. "My... The man here... Is just using it to get noticed. To build his profile..." He may have said more but one look at Cross's visage in the gloom cleaves his tongue to his palette.

Gary speaks at last. "So. Want a Super Flush? One time offer. No one said anything about your looks. Heh. But this shit will keep you healthy."

Cross lets the words roll right over him while he takes in the scene. Must have been some cache - or perhaps Gary managed to grab what remained of the start-up's assets. The equipment is mostly new; dusty from neglect and storage, but very new. Given the way the space is laid out, one might surmise they have someone on hand who knows what they are doing at least.

Page 4 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread