Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
(Nectar) Taste of Death

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes briefly look to Cross, a smirk forming as he plays his part perfectly.

They really had this whole goof cop bad cop thing down to a science. Cause damn he can look scary.

Nodding as Cross spoke, “Not knowing the clientele is bad for business.”

Though he was interesting Cross didn’t give a name. Would be nice to know who to refer to him as, but, she can wing it if it comes down to it.

An eyebrow was quirked, “Craft beer huh? Can’t say I’ve come across a nightclub that has a good selection of the stuff.” She thinks there is something else going on, but can’t place her finger on it.

Dark eyes move to Kate as she begins talking about people who were here. People that were supposed to be important for some reason, Ale wasn’t one for celebrities, but she plays interested, head nodding when it seemed important. Maybe she should pay more attention to that stuff, might come in handy when making small talk.

But the talk shifts, thankfully.

“Si, the one and only. You've heard of me?” She purrs. “And yes, I understand and know that, so B it is then.” She hated people using letters for names, it was, inconvenient. And dumb. Much easier to create a new identity.

Seemed it was business time.

Nodding once, “I know some things. Some things I’m trying to confirm, make sure my famiglia is on the up and up. With how hard it is to find good help these days, people you can seriously trust, I have to make sure no one’s lying to me. Cause that is very, very bad for business, and then things get messy and it’s a huge headache. Surely you can understand that.” Eyes then move from B and look towards the bar,

“What do you say, how about a sit down with Gary and Ronnie G.” It didn’t exactly sound like a question, but she’ll let him decide that. For now, she was curious about this Ronnie G and Gary. “It’s always good to know who is a rising star in the city, and I like to know who I can work with.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

The craft beer thing doesn't sit well with Cross. There's something else here, something not being said. So, he presses the issue: "Not my thing. Got anything...stronger?" The Burned Man leans forward, keeping his dead, blue eyes on B as he speaks. Who knows, maybe it's something they've taken, some kind of drug, that has these two Breathers smelling like a meal.

Watching B realize exactly who he thinks he's sitting across from is a delight for Cross. Nothing like observing a hump as he twists in the wind. It's enough to bring a smile to the Burned Man's lips, a horrifying sight indeed.

"That's a good idea," he says when Alessandra suggests a sit down with the boss. "I would like to meet the man myself."

Those eyes never waver, that grin remains on his terribly scarred face. "Lead the way, B." It's not a request.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Whatever Kate was about to say is silence with a look from B. The moll pouts while her gangster - rather carefully - down the rest of his drink.

"Yeah. I like that." Behind the words were his fear and displeasure.

Stiffly, the couple wound their way through the crowd and back toward the bar. There, two men were sitting close by the wall in a haze of strobing neon.

"You are serious? You... You have some. Son of a bitch they not supposed to exist, man!" Ronnie G was saying, perhaps a little too loudly. Ronnie G in his ill fitting blue suit, his designer sneakers and with his golden jewellery in the gloom.

"Hush, dude. Keep this quiet, yeah? Call it a lucky break and that for once my curiosity did not get me killed." Gary was as thin as a rake; skin a sickly pallor under the lights, wrinkled and aged beyond his years. His eyes flashed to the group as they drew near - fevered eyes that had seen too much not to be changed by the experience. The eyes of a veteran rat.

Both men fall silent when B makes the forced introductions.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-02 03:31:18 Ronnie G to put names to faces rolls 5 to Intelligence + Larceny (10 Again) 7, 7, 4, 10, 6, 3 1 success
    2017-08-02 03:30:17 Gary to put names to faces rolls 7 to Intelligence + Streetwise + Speciality (10 Again) 10, 3, 6, 9, 10, 8, 3, 9, 4 5 successes

An awkward void grows around them. Gary is turning even more sickly by the minute. Ronnie G is not keeping up but deft enough not to show it openly.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The corner of her mouth twists up in a half smile. There was nothing like fear in a breather.

Ale eyes the two as they approach, one of them standing out like a damn beacon with his jewelry.

She never understood the whole thing with flashy jewelry, preferring to keep her wealth a secret and close to the vest. Her tattoos drew enough attention without diamonds and gold, but she was also of a different time, when wealth wasn’t flashed around.

Not supposed to exist? What wasn’t supposed to exist? But she couldn’t come out and ask right away, had to lure the guy in. Make him trust her.

A sly smile forms on her lips as eyes move from one to the other,

Buonasera gentlemen.” Greets the Savage, “I hope we’re not interrupting an important conversation, but I thought we might all like to get to know each other.”

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

As they make their way across the club, Cross is sure to fall in close behind B. Let this hump feel the Burned Man 'breathing' down his neck.

The odd conversation that their group interrupts is noted. But Cross doesn't let his confusion show on his face. Besides, he's too busy trying to keep up his part of the charade: the terrifying muscle attached to this very important woman.

Looking Mean, 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-03 19:49:52 Robert Cross rolls 6 to Presence2 + Intimidation3 +1 Specialty (10 Again) 8, 5, 9, 9, 5, 2 3 successes

"Evening," he growls. And even that single word of greeting comes off as a threat.

It's Gary that draws Cross's attentions now. His sickly demeanor immediately cries out to the Haunt's predatory instincts. He examines this miserable creature closely, but fails to ascertain anything particularly useful about him. Still, the weight of his cold, blue eyes rests heavy on the sickly Breather.

Perception, failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-08-03 19:52:54 Robert Cross rolls 6 to Wits3+Comp3 (10 Again) 7, 2, 1, 1, 6, 7 failure

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Ronnie G slides into silence. He simply watches - glares at B; tries to avoid Cross and his... burns.

"Um. Yeah. Well you found us. Eh... And I guess B is enough to give you the invite. So, like, whats this about?" Gary mouths words, not quite certain what to make of the interruption. Like Ronnie G he is trying to avoid locking eyes, even momentarily, with Cross.

He can't avoid the sultry haired beauty. He gulps quietly and squirms, evoking another cockroach, the former Bishop Gilroy. But Gary is a man and not a monster.

The awkwardness continues.

"Looks like you got business, my friend. We talk later." Ronnie G will all but scuttle away, given the chance.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Giving the situation and the vast amounts of unknowns, Ale was relieved to have Cross at her back. Had to give the Haunt credit, he could do scary like it was nothing.

There was a small pout, “And here I thought my good looks and name would be enough to earn me an invite.” She says as the pout turns into a smirk.

“Not about anything special, new club opens and I like to know who’s behind the scenes. See, I like to know what’s going on in the city, bad for business to drop the ball on those things. And I hear you’re the one to talk to.”
    Easy as that.

Eyes then snap to Ronnie, “Aw, leaving so soon? But we’re all about to get to know each other, share stories, you know, all the good stuff. Your names come up too,” a sly smile was offered to B, before turning back to Ronnie, “as someone worth getting to know. Or are you selling yourself short?”

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

(Activate Vigor)Vitae 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

When Ronnie G tries to make himself scarce, Cross will step into his path. The Breather's obvious discomfort brings a smile to the Burned Man's face. It is not good look.

"Have a little respect. Ms. De Luca wants to get to know you."

The Blood does its work. An unnatural strength infuses Cross's body. He's ready to physically move Ronnie back to his seat if the hump persists in trying to escape.

"Sit down. Relax. Stay a while."

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

There is a moment when Ronnie G think he can push his way passed into the crowd. A moment. With a heavy sigh he takes his seat; he saves a seething glare for B and a helpless look for Gary.

For his part Gary remains seated, his face a smiling mask.

"So. Well. You want a drink. Of course you do. I want a drink. I'm having a drink." He turns, summons a bar tender and organises drinks. He can at least provide some cover for the meeting, giving it the appearance of a friendly chat for the benefit of the happy crowd.

The band's set reaches its crescendo.

Gary turns back as the drinks appear. He takes one but contrary to his words, he does not drink.

"So whats this about? B been name dropping? I got a lot of things going. But I try to stay under the radar. Anything else gets too complicated. I learned my lesson a long time ago and stick to entertainment."

Ronnie G takes an offered drink. Its something to do with his hands and covers his silence.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was actually a little surprised to see Cross step into the guys way. It was quite impressive, and gave her more respect for the Haunt.

And that smile, it was just down right creepy as fuck!

A thankful smile was offered to Cross before she turns her attention back to the others.

Things could have gotten uncomfortable or even taken a turn for the worst, but they didn’t. Well, it might have been a little uncomfortable, especially for Ronnie, but she ignores it.

“Grazie.” Replies with Savage with a smile. When the drinks come, Ale does the same, holds the drink but doesn’t drink it. Not yet anyways, right now it’s a prop.

There was a half shrug, “Not sure I would call it name dropping per say. But your name did come up as someone of interest. And staying under the radar is good, advised even.” In her line of work, and with what she was, under the radar was perfect. “We came here because it’s a new club and I like to stay up to date on what’s going on and who’s in town. And that’s when your name came up, yours as well,” she says with a smirk to Ronnie.

“Entertainment is a safe playing field, and a wise investment.”
    It didn’t draw a lot of attention if you did things right.

“That aside, I like to know who I can work with in town, and who’s going to be a liability and cause me trouble. One can never have too many good contacts.”

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread