Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Nectar) Taste of Death

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

If Cross were alive, he might shudder. Or break into a sweat. As it stands, he simply watches the pair pass. Trying to discern the source of the scent coming off them, gaze lingering on their drinks. Until they've installed themselves at their table. Then he turns to the Reeve.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-20 11:56:42 Robert Cross rolls 6 to Wits3+Comp3 (10 Again) 4, 2, 2, 10, 3, 3, 9 2 successes

"No," he replies. "Can't say that I do."

Dead, blue eyes drift from Ale to the couple and back again.

"But maybe we should make their acquaintance?" A scarred eyebrow is arched in Alessandra's direction. After all, it's not everyday you encounter a couple of Breathers smelling like that and still walking on two feet.

The Burned Man leaves it up to the Reeve however. She outranks him here and he's not about to run off half-cocked.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Orianna liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

Well, that’s unsettling. If Cross didn’t know them, then what caused the smiles? Unless they knew damn well what they were tempting with the scent of vitae. And if that’s the case, then they needed to have a little talk.

An evil smile spread across her lips as she looks to Cross,

“I think we should. Something isn’t right and I don’t want to just let them run around like that.” Smelling like dinner. Even though technically they were dinner, but this was like flashing a steak to a starving man.

She’ll being to walk towards the table, shoulders squared, smirk on her face.

Perché ciao.” Greets the Italian when close enough.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, unlimited sink liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

Alessandra states her intent and Cross inclines his head in agreement. Falling in step behind the Reeve as she makes her way over to the Breathers, his eyes never stray from their targets.

When they reach the table, he hangs back, letting Ale break the ice. After all, he's better suited for the role of 'silent, but frightening, muscle.' And tonight, it seems, the Burned Man is on his game.

Looking Fierce, 6 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-25 13:39:34 Robert Cross rolls 6 to Presence2 + Intimidation3 +1 Specialty (10 Again) 10, 6, 10, 8, 9, 3, 8, 9 6 successes

Standing behind the Savage, Cross radiates menace, telegraphing one simple message: he, and his associate, are not to be fucked with.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Orianna liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Cross confirms it as the pair pass - the scent is coming off them. Not strong enough for perfume. Not hot enough to be coming from an open wound - or indeed, the delightful aroma of fresh blood on skin. No... this scent is coming from every exposed pore of the Kine's bodies.

This blood must still be pumping in their veins.

The Kindred have come across two fine, pristine, and vert healthy examples of juice bags humanity.

Of course before he can say anything Ale has closed the distance between them and is opening conversation...

The gangster and his moll are still snickering when the two predator's move in. The moll registers both delight and surprise; her muscle bound companion less so. The gangster evokes a surly and thuggish air while feasting on Ale with his eyes... until Cross quietly places himself at the Reeve's side.

"Oh wow! Your something. We were just talking about you, weren't we B.? Its so nice to meet you. Nice tats! Where did you get them? B...?"

"Hey, babe..." The gangster is suddenly very aware of the Burned Man standing quietly to one side; half in shadow; half in smokey lighting.

"Are you foreign? Oh wow! B. Knows spanish too."

"Its Italian, babe." B is quiet, careful now. Suddenly very aware.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She wonders what gang ties this clown has.

Smirking, “I’m flattered, and I’m sure my associate is as well.” Probably not, she wasn’t flattered at all, but she was playing the game.

“Most in Italy, some here in America.” Most before you were even born. “B?” she asks looking to woman, “As in the letter? Knew a woman with that for a name, unique.” Caused her more problem then it was worth, but the Savage was playing nice.

“Yes, I am.” And he mentions Spanish and she almost snorts. Spanish and Italian don’t really sound alike, but whatever. She wasn’t here to impress him or his girl.

“You’re friend’s right, and knows her language, it’s Italian. I know a little Spanish as well, but it’s not native.” Between traveling and Juan, she could get by with a few words. Eyes move to the woman, "Do you speak Italian?" curious.

“But I must say, you both have a magnetic presence and we had to come say hi.”
    A hand gestures and pulls out a chair, “Mind if we join you?” asks the Reeve as she was already sitting. “Have you been to this club before?” a friendly smile appears on her lips as her dark eyes study the two.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross has his attention at least. That's good. Let Mr. B wonder who this charred monstrosity is. Let him wonder what the Burned Man might be planning.

And all the while, Alessandra works the other angle. Good cop, bad cop. Cross knows the dance well.

So, instead of sitting, he remains stranding behind Alessandra's chair for the moment. While the Reeve chats, Cross's eyes are locked on the gangster. He reaches a hand into his jacket, letting the moment stretch...

...and extracts his cell phone, moving the device to his pant's pocket. What would the hump make of that?

The hint of a cruel and knowing smile twitches at the corner of his scarred lips as Cross finally pulls up a chair of his own and takes a seat beside Alessandra. Ready to watch the show.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Oh yeah! I'm Kate." The guileless moll beams, happy in the knowledge that her night has got interesting.

B is quiet. Watching Cross, then watching Ale.

"Oh no. I only speak American," Kate nods. The woman is positively glowing at the Gangrel's comment and the Kindred taste her sudden flush as blood rushes through her tanned skin.

B moves at last, a mixture of concern and a much softer look (directed to Kate) passing over his features. "Are you guys set for drinks?" The gangster asks in an attempt to play host. His eyes dart back to Cross as the Burned Man sits.

"Of course they want drinks. And so do I, B. Pay for us, hon." Kate is completely oblivious to the threat engulfing them. She snuggles up to the gangster. Looking over at Ale, she add: "Oh no we're just checking out the scene, you know. B knows the owner. You know its a new club, yeah? Its good vibes."

B seems lost staring at the Burned Man again.

"Uh. Yeah. He's... A friend. Gotta drop in and see how he's doing. We small business men have to watch out for each other. Who are you guys anyway?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Kate. The name is filled away. The other one doesn’t seem to have name, or at least one he doesn’t want to share.

“Well, it’s still impressive that you could pick on the Italian, I don’t come across that very often.” Which was in fact true.

Drinks? She was quite sure that the drink she, and probably Cross wanted, weren’t on the menu. And she didn’t exactly want to waste the blood to drink.

Smiling, “How generous of you.” No reason she couldn’t hold it and not actually drink it. She’s done it before.

“I heard around that it had opened and had to check it out. I like to stay on top of new places opening.” Especially when they contained Kine who smelled like the two did.

Seemed Cross was making an impression, which was a good thing.

“I’m Sofia,” replies the Savage, “Sofia De Luca. But I’m afraid that I missed your name, or you simply didn’t provide it. Call me old fashioned, but I like knowing who I’m talking with.” time to see if her name had any pull or had been heard of.

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Cross makes sure B is watching before he lets his dread gaze fall upon dear, sweet Kate. There's something else in those dead eyes now: hunger. It's not hard, given the smell. He doesn't really attempt to hide it, either. Let her man make of it what he will.

"Maybe. What's that you're drinking?" he answers B's query about drinks with a question of his own, never looking away from Kate.

When Alessandra explains her reason for being in the Club, Cross adds: "Yeah. We like to check out the clientele, especially." Eyes still unwavering on Kate. Sure he's blinking, but somehow it doesn't really feel like it.

"And I'm Sofia's friend." Cross replies, that hard stare finally coming to rest on B again. "Kind of like your friend, the owner. He around tonight?" It's the kind of thing you might say while having a look for the person in question. But Cross doesn't. He's only got eyes for B.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

B is still watching. More importantly, he is very aware of Cross's apparent interest in Kate.

"Craft beer. My man the owner has an appreciation of the... uh... beer. Yeah." His words are mechanical, cogs whirring behind his eyes.

Kate remains oblivious. "Oh no. This is our first time too. Its why we came out here - to check out the scene, you know." Kate's lovely neck head bops to the band's beat. "So you're here to check it out too, huh? Well I think we can help with that..." And so the moll launches into an itemised list of the C, D, and E List celebrities who pack the crowd this night; and the band (and its convoluted history). Her motormouth only grinds to a thankful halt when she reaches 'Ronnie G over there'. Because of B's look. And B's business.

B waits his lady out and holds his peace while drinks arrive.

"Its B. Simply B. I keep it that way for professional reasons... Sofia. De. Luca." B jumps into the awkward silence Kate leaves.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-29 23:16:57 Mr B. to make connections rolls 9 to Intelligence + Streetwise + Speciality (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 6, 2, 7, 2, 4, 9, 8, 7 2 successes

At which point he becomes aware of exactly who is sitting across from him. Two and two make four (or in this case five, but he doesn't know that). The gangster finds himself sitting down with one of the Big Fish in the small pond that is Sacramento. The squirm is purely mental.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-29 23:31:41 Mr B. to project strength rolls 5 to Manipulation + Intimidation (10 Again) 6, 10, 2, 1, 7, 10, 2 2 successes

But it lasts only for a few beats. He quaffs his drink and places it back down on the table with a heavy thud. He is focussing squarely on Ale now. Cross remains, no doubt, on his mind as a gnawing doubt. But right now, B attempts to put on a game face of thuggish bluster.

"But you probably know that already. Sofia de Luca. Am I right? And yeah. Gary is here tonight. By the bar, with Ronnie G."

Kate is aware something is going on but her skittish mind can't put the pieces together. She giggles. See's at last the burned man's predatory grin and snuggles up to B. For protection.

Page 2 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread