Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Eyes) Looking for the PI

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist snorted, "For a man who makes a living off of investigating, you have yet to impress me. These... agents may be associated with the Reverence," she waved a hand dismissively as though she didn't care about the club. "But they are no agents of the Nox."

Leaning back in her seat, "Lucy West is it? It seems like I will be visiting Reverence to have a small chat with her." she mused to Cynthia Weiss ">herself

Turning back to Maverick, "You were played but I intend to find out by who. Is there anything else you can tell me?"
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia was just blankly staring at this man. She was still not sure how serious a threat he was.

She made a mental note down on what Twist said. She knew nothing of Reverence, but she got the feeling she would learn soon enough.

She crossed her arms and continued to silently observe the proceedings. Nothing would be more embarrassing than reappearing in the middle of a crowded room filled with the living.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Jeff Maverick flushed with anger, not embarrassment.

"What! What the hell are you on, lady. I do my due diligence! Lucy West met with me. So did the guys who run the Nox. To whit there is concerns about drugs and they wanted a private eye to check out just what is going on in the back alleys of down town. What the hell would you know?"

He pauses suddenly and shakes his head. Its an almost imperceptible movement.

"And who the hell are you anyway? Whats your interest in this?"

The words come quickly, fired from hurried lips. He's looking at Twist now, like he has been made aware of her presence only now. He flinches, anticipating the entire diner suddenly looking over at them.

When they don't he relaxes a little.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

If Mable finds his car she will search it.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

At his outburst, Twist's eyes narrow but like him, she doesn't seem to want to draw attention to their conversation and she keeps her voice low in response.

"I do not doubt that you met with Lucy West and people who claimed to be involved with the Nox. But they are not."

"As for who I am and my interest... I am in fact associated with the Nox. So I want to know who is spying on a place rather important to my interests. And why."

She softens slightly and she reaches out slightly toward him, "You should be just as upset as I am. They lied to you, put your reputation at risk. So if you could help me by providing a description of Lucy West and any other details you recall about your meeting with them..."

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-27 14:51:39 Twist rolls 11 to Awe Jeff Maverick (10 Again) 8, 6, 9, 9, 2, 2, 5, 2, 6, 6, 10, 1 4 successes

7. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

It is so easy for Twist to turn on the Charm. And it works, slamming into Jeff Maverick with the full force of a freight train. He goes from surly and hostile to happily content in the blink of an eye. His chair creaks as he makes himself comfortable.

"It was in a dark tasteful suite at the Stirling Hotel. Lights down low so it was hard to see. Lucy West was there - how can you not know her? Tall, strawberry blonde. Business suit with skirt. And she knew what to do with it, I can tell you... - with some security guy. Bob? Yeah? Bob. He's a little guy but he's like a ninja. Or something. The Nox guys were sitting on the couch at the back, all in shadow, but they didn't say much. They let Lucy do all the talking. So I bet this hole thing started with the Nox. I do my research - the management of the that club always stay quiet. Discretion is their middle name, right? So they give me the low down - drug issues at the Reverence and they figure its coming from outside in the streets. I reckon the Nox knew it was heading their way so they pushed to get the back streets cleared. My job is set up surveillance in the alleys and such. Get the evidence they can give to the cops. Get the evidence they need to move it up a notch."

He sighed.

"And thats it. I conduct my surveillance. Look for connections. Put it all together as a little report and post it to a letter drop in Davis. Out of town, see. So if there's any gang involvement... They'll get the wrong scent, see."

He pursed his lips.

"Thats, like, all I know. Thats all my job is. Now you got the case with my reports and notes in it. Can I have it back? I got some money for expenses but the pay off only comes when the job gets done. I still got some leads to follow up but they are really going to want what is happening in those back streets regardless of what I find."

Outside Mabel Psychangel moves from her vantage point to carefully check the parking lot. Sure enough, Jeff Maverick's boxy car is there. Locked. A shaft of light illuminates the vehicle's interior and yes, there is another big duffel bag squeezed into the space between the seats.

If Mabel wants to break into the vehicle, she will need to roll Dexterity + Larceny with a -3 penalty due to lack of tools and the nature of the parking lot.

I will also need a Wits + Composure check with a -2 penalty from Mabel Psychangel

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Seriously? No successes? Sigh, Mable is so oblivious.

failure w+c-3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-30 11:24:15 Mable Wood rolls 4 to wits comp -3 (10 Again) 4, 2, 3, 3 failure

Seeing the duffle bag, Mable is determined to get it. She goes to work on getting into the car.
      1 success B&E
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-30 11:25:39 Mable Wood rolls 4 to Breaking into car (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 8, 3, 5 1 success

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

As Maverick visibly relaxed, a small smug smile flickered briefly across Twist's face.

The Sterling... there was a place she had not been to in many nights. She doubted though that there was any tie from this situation to those that had drawn her there in the past. If there was, well, things would take a definite turn. But she doubted it. It was just a hotel in this case.

"I see..." she said slowly when he had finished. Leaning forward, she smiled at him, "Before I get the case so that you can fix your report though... you are going to fix the report right?" Eyes looked up through lashes at the private investigator. "You said you would remember?"

Jeff Maverick was a pawn. The question was who was moving him though. Lucy West and Bob. Or the shadowed Asa imposters. That was what their next step would have to be. Find them. Find answers.

But for all that Jeff was a nobody, he still was a part of the situation. And loose ends where loose ends. So first make sure his report was benign- no need to tip off the movers by doing something drastic to Jeff. Then see what his "leads" where and if they needed to stop those investigations or let him ramble on his silly way.

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Mable works the door. Its locked. Her solution is less than elegant. The Gangrel struggles with the car; there is the tinkling of broken glass. Fortunately, the hire car doesn't have an alarm. Sure enough, the duffel bag contains a new set of surveillance equipment.

Mabel's attention is focussed on Jeff Maverick's car the whole time. She see's nothing else and ducks behind the comparative safety of the boxy car when one of the other vehicles in the parking lot stirs into life and rolls out into the street.

Back inside the diner, Maverick is eager to please.

"Of course. What do you take me for?" He chuckled like it was the most obvious thing in the world. "Just need my notes first, then I put it all together. I've had to def things a little till we can get this sorted out."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable peaks out from behind the car and tries to see the license plate. Damn, she should have just watched the exits instead of looking for his car.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread