Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Eyes) Looking for the PI

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods, "Good point." Though when Cynthia notes that she also has little knowledge of computers, she does look dissapointed. Not with Cynthia, but rather the situation they have found themselves in.

Pulling out her phone she punches the home button to check the time, "Tonight we, or at least one of us is going to have coffee with him and talk to him. If we can get the information from him that we need with just talking..." she trailed off meaningfully.

At Cynthia's comment about vanishing, Twist's eyes light up. "Vanish? Fully? It is clear she is impressed. "We may use that to our advantage."

"He has already met Mable but not myself. Our conversation has been written or text,"
    she lifts her phone slightly. "I would suggest that you remain a secret... either I or Mable will talk to him directly. While you back us up." Twist turned to Mable, "Do you have a preference? While he has seen you before, it could work well as it indicates to him that you were able to track him down from just a brief encounter. But I also do not mind speaking to him myself."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

2. Likes Deltaomega, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vanish? That sounded way cool!! Mable considers the situation. "Perhaps I should talk to him. I can let him know I was concerned about his leg for an ice breaker. Maybe you guys could be close by to help if I need it and maybe keep him from running away from me. He is kinda afraid of me." Mable giggles at the memory of her "clumsiness" when she had met him. He couldn't get away from her fast enough.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia shrugged. "No problems playing guardian angel tonight." She said with a slight smirk.

Cynthia tilted her head to the side slightly as Mable talked. "Um... Maybe we should let her take the lead on this. We don't want to scare him off. At least not yet anyway."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods to Cynthia's first statement.

Listening to Mable's suggestion she is clearly considering the plan. Pursing her lips at Cynthia's second comment she turns back to Mable. "I think that she is right. He has already fled from you once. We need him to stay so that we can get answers. Since it worked before, let us repeat what happened at the hotel? I will approach him and see if I can get the answers we seek. You will be in the wings to scare him if he is not cooperative. And our ... guardian angle," her lips quirked into a smile, "Will insure all three of us walk away."

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded at the suggestions. "Sounds good to me. Where do you want me to wait? Back alley? Restroom? Across the street?"

Mable looked around them to get her bearings.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia thought on it for a moment. "Not sure. Assuming he isn't here yet just outside might work fine." Her smirk widened a bit when her roll in all of this was brought up. It looked like she was trying to suppress a laugh.

"Well then. It sounds like we have a plan." The artist said as she took in her surroundings, taking note of the street they were in and whoever might be nearby. "Just say the word and we can get started."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods at Cynthia's directions to Mable.

"Now works." She looks to Mable, "I will leave the case with you for the time being- I would rather not deal with him attempting to grab it and run before we have a chance to chat." And reaching down she lifts the case and offers it to the woman.

"Time to see if we can get some answers," she says with a dangerous smile.

Twist is going to head toward the meeting point with the PI if we want to start that portion of the scene Yumyumcrow

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable takes the case and finds some quiet shadowy area to hide.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia waited until Mable had turned around. "Break a leg. I won't be far." And then quite abruptly she was gone. It was as though all evidence of the Haunts presence was scrubbed clean from reality. Even the mire of chemicals that trailed after her had vanished.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-13 21:49:20 Cynthia Weiss rolls 8 to Cloak of Night (10 Again) 3, 10, 4, 10, 6, 2, 8, 3, 2, 3 3 successes

She took a spot next to Twist, watching Mable make off to her hiding spot.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

And so to the meeting.

Hungry Jack's Diner looks tacky and cheap with its plastic and laminate in cheery colours. The owner, at least, has an eye to how old photo's can evoke mood and thought; if Twist was to spend some her valuable attention, should would notice that some of the pictures showed Sacramento of yesteryear - and yes, one of them showed her beloved theatre. The diner sits on a street corner; there is a small (and rather full) parking lot out the back and the front is framed by the sidewalk. The thick aroma of coffee hangs in the air like fine perfume. Even at this hour there are more than a few customers, lending the place a quiet and busy hum. Some of the customers are gathered in cautious looking pairs.

Mabel finds a safe vantage point outside

Twist is early. Or perhaps Jeff Maverick is running a little late. He isn't there when the Daeva Duchess arrives (with the Haunt Cynthia hovering close at hand, unseen and unnoticed by all). Custom dictates a coffee - if only to shoo off the wiry staff. A laminated menu offers standard, unimaginative, fare.

Twist does not have to wait too long before Jeff Maverick appears. Broad shouldered, his stout frame running to fat, and no longer displaying signs of hurt given his gait as he approaches. He slides opposite Twist with an ease that belies his bulk and the sure knowledge he has met in similar settings many times before. Jeff Maverick has the face of an ageing jock but without the spoiled arrogance of privilege.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-14 01:04:25 Maverick to put his game face on rolls 5 to Wits + Subterfuge (10 Again) 4, 10, 9, 7, 4, 8 3 successes

He inhales a breath, looks across the table, then picks up the laminated menu.

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread