Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Exorcist and Paladin

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last

Kharn

Sebastian pulls up to the house and cuts off the engine. He keeps his weapons in his Camaro, twin longswords, and an assortment of daggers. He had no need for them, hopefully,and wanted to keep this meeting diplomatic, no need to bring weapons.

He is wearing a black button-down longsleeve shirt, and slightly baggy black slacks. His scars are not visible, but he carries himself like a warrior. Walking up to the door, he unneccessarily, clears his throat and raps the door three times, waiting for Madison Wells, the Paladin to answer.

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison answers the door, ready to greet this new covenent-mate. Although the surprise does not show on her face, inwardly she takes a pause to mentally compose herself.

This is so not what I was expecting.

"Mr. McLeary I assume? A pleasure to meet you. Please come in." She steps aside allowing the man to walk ahead of her.

"Please, to the left is the livingroom, make yourself comfortable." She instructs as she follws him down the hall. Once he has entered the livingroom, she settles herself on the couch and motions to the other end. "What can I do for you this evening Mr. McLeary?" She asks in an even tone, looking the man over in an apraising manner.

Kharn

Sebastian, who has expected some gnarled warrior hag, was very pleasantly surprised to see Madison when she opened the door. He smiles, moving gracefully past her and heads to the living room as directed, sitting with very good posture, back straight, chin raised.

"I am new, having only arrived two days ago, and having met Sister Mariel only last evening, so I would not be surprised if she has not had a chance to inform you of my arrival. I am a man of action though, and figured I would get to business now, rather than later" He says, smiling to the Paladin. "I mainly wanted to know what is known, if anything about this demonic activity, and what plans are in place to cast it out. I have fought them before, both Possessed, and cultists under their control. I would help in any way I can. Milady Paladin, I also want to discuss the issue of our not having a church, and what is being planned to rectify that problem, and also if there are any locations in this domain that would make for a suitable base of operations for the more martial servants of the Dark Prophet."

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison quirks an eyebrow as Sebastian continues to speak.

All business eh? Figures.

"How very efficient of you, Mr. McLeary. The demonic activity is based in a club called Inferno. We have been asked by Father Cordwood, hopefully the new Bishop, not to enter the property until he and Sister Mariel have spoken with the Prince to get permission to further investigate. We believe the place to be owned or run by a man named Samael. Now, we are unsure if this individual is a demon himself, or just working for the demon. We have already exorcised a lust demon out of Sister Mariel. Not a fun time."

She considers the man before her, wondering what his stake in a permanent base of operations was and how much he was willing to assist. "I have found a church that will be suitable to our worshiping needs. However, I am in need of further funds to secure it. I have not yet found a place for our martial needs as I am the only martial fighter we really have, on a permanent basis, to my knowledge."

Kharn

Sebastian's eyes follow the lines of Madison's body while she speaks, he does his best to hide it though, business first... "Only other martial fighter, consider me your new partner in crime." Sebastian says, smiling brightly. "I have fund that I would be willing to toss in the direction of funding the church, it isn't much, but it is something."

"Father Cordwood is wise to suggest not entering the club right now. Our first priority is to destroy the essence feeding the demonic power there, that is what gives this Samael his power, while not positive, that is my best guess. Mariel seemed fine when I spoke with her, we shared a dance, though if she was a lustful person before, she showed no signs of this now. That is good, she has no lingering effects."

Sebastian leans back slightly, finally seeming to relax a little, his half buttoned shirt now revealing just the barest hints of a scar neat his abdomen. "Tell me, what style of fighting do you prefer?"

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison enjoys the view and does not miss the hint of the scar.

"I am partial to the Kendo fencing style and I have a good arm with the bow. Maybe we can spar some time and I can show you my abilities firsthand?" She smiles slyly, a bit of flirting never hurt anyone after all.

"I would greatly appreciate the financial assistence. It is the only thing keeping me from being able to purchase the church at the moment. I have funds as well, but they are not enough for the price. I would like to buy the church out right, so we may be able to utalize it for whatever we need without having to worry about a landlord every month. There is also a large warehouse district in the city. Maybe something of that sort would suit your practicing needs?"

She leans forward, giving him an intense look. "What kind of essence are we talking here to rid us of this demonic influence? While I have my fondness for lust in it's place, I certainly do not wish to see the city become a sesspool of sex."

Kharn

"I cant be certain, but my research, and the texts I've read state that demonic activity can be linked to a centerpoint, something like a fountain, or well of energy, that feeds their power. These things can be influenced, atleast in part, by the actions of the people around them." He says, leaning back a little more, an air of superiority coming off him almost like an aura. "This point, for example, harnesses the influence of Lust, if we were able to manipulate that influence, to say... fear? The demons would not be able to feed off of the Lust in that area, and thier power would weaken to a point where we would be ale to take care of them." He finishes, finally leaning back almost completely, casual now.

"Sparring? You think you can handle me?" He asks, his businesslike tone gone, and now he sounds more mischievious than anything.

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison looks the man over, blatently now, and smiles. "Oh yes, I think I could handle anything you might have to throw at me, Mr. McLeary."

She finds a more comfortable position on the couch now, as her guest has finally decided to relax, and considers his words. It was very similer to what she was thinking before, but it still did not answer her question really. "Hmmmm......I think I misphrased my questions, please forgive me. What I want to know is where is this power eminating from? This suggestive influence that seems to permeate the club itself. Is it the demon? Or another solid object we can destroy?

From what Sister Mariel told me the place was teaming with what sounded like orgie behavior. While I do believe the woman, I find it very hard to believe that kind of behavior going on in a club in such a public manner without someone blowing the whistle. Is the demonic essence and suggestion strong enough that it would keep the club patrons from contacting the mortal authorities after they left the establishment?"

After asking her questions, one of his earlier statements finally sinks in. "You shared a dance? Where did you meet, if you don't mind me asking?"

Kharn

"Mariel had me meet her at a club called Avalon. We spoke, she informed me of the presence of demonic activity, and also the possibility of VII." Sebastian explains.

"The focal point may or may not be centered on a solid object, but it is usually an area of influence, and yes, it is more than capable of influencing the entire club to do things such as what you described. It makes you feel like the actions you take are your own, influence, it influences you to want to do the things it wants. Thats how demons operate, by making you think every thing is your idea."

Madison Wells

PRE

Madison considers this for a few moments, before responding again. She watches McLeary while he speaks, not detecting any sign of falseness or exageration. "Did Sister Mariel also inform you that she believes another member of the city is possessed to? If what you say is true, then should she really be held accountable for her actions? It is difficult to tell where what one wants and what the demon wants ends and begins. Especially were lust is concerned. It is already a very complicated matter."

She sighs, wondering exactly how difficult this is going to be. "All right, where do we start then?"

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... Last
Closed Thread