Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Let's Go to the Mall!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday blinks. "Uhhhh that's not a comic book thing. She was a legit doctor. So she had a bag her doctor ID with a number on it? At least she should have, eye arr elle. But." shrugs, "Comics, you never know. But if she does that could be a fun thing to look up and do." a laugh. "No, just just the Scarecrow, or a girl one. I said so 'cause the guy, the doctor guy he was before went went full on Scarecrow, worked at Arkham, right?" the unicorn makes a scrunch-y face. "At least I think that's right." shrugs, "Either way, he's a doctor-dude that could work with your doctor-Harley."

Head, nodding it. Set in stone.

"Hardcore training?" she'd seen some of the stuff Faye did to train, but that wasn't 'hardcore'? Dude.

"Cool. And yeah, fount of ideas. Me." a laugh. "But yeah lists, nice. Since, yeah. Get that."

"Really?" eyes wide, "Thought everyone's had those." maybe it was just a Tuesday thing. "it's like. You make up the rub or maranaid or whatever you'd do for normal barbecue, then plop halved peanuts in it. Mix, then set them on a baking sheet and you know, bake. Cool 'em enough, and then you can get to good stuff. Eating them." smile, quick instructions. It was like the one thing she knew how to make. Well, before the whole Hearthmaster thing. Her and mom used to do this for snacks, trail-mix. One of the happy memories of home. Even if it wasn't really home that made her smile.

A laugh, "Yes. Chocolate. Covered. Everything." obviously they weren't leaving here until they got the guns, ice cream, Monster and chocolate covered snacks.

Finger points, "Soooo this one?" Tuesday points at some random blue plastic, that looked vaguely like what they were after.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Faye blinks back, “I know she was a real doctor, I just haven’t read enough of the comic books to know which easter eggs would fit.” Duh, everyone knew Harley was the Jokers psych doc. “But I’ll spend some time looking things up and get something worked out.” Yup, time for some late night internet searches. Which worked for her, she didn’t sleep well anyways. “Oh! I get what you’re saying now. That would be awesome! Hell, even if it’s not right, we can still make it work and kick ass. And if some nerd decides to get all high and mighty about our costumes, than we can just kick his ass.” Better believe it. Halloween was about having fun and she wouldn’t let some know it all jerk who was probably a virgin spoil it for her and Tuesday.

Nodding, “Yeah. Some of the new stuff I’ve been looking at will require me to step my game up. More hours and longer practice. Which means I am going to be sore as hell, but, it’s all worth it in the end. Even the contortions I do now that are easy, took me months of stretching and training to achieve. I might be super flexible, but it takes a while to train your body into the various positions.” A lot of people didn’t realize the months she had to train to increase her flexibility and train her muscles. It looks and kinda is easy now, but there was a time that she would be in tears from hours of training. “And don’t get me started on training to swallow swords, that was a real bitch.” And she actually had to still train to keep the refluxes down.

“Ah, kind of sounds like how you roast pumpkin seeds. Well, now I’m going to have to get the stuff and try it. Any rubs or marinade’s you recommend? Cause you’re the expert here.”
    She was always game to try new things.

She looks to where the unicorn was pointing, picking it up. Turning it over in her hand she tests the plastic trigger on it, nodding, “Yeah, this will work.” Faye then looks for a green one, cause duel wielding. “We need to rig some thigh holsters or something.” Finding the green one, she picks it up in her other hand, then holds them both by her thighs. Hands raise with squirt guns, “Yup, this works. The guys are so gonna get it.”

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Nodding, "Sounds like a plan. I'll prolly have to do my own. Since. Yeah. I know more about Harley then I know of the doctor-Scarecrow, and I don't know much about Harley." Laugh, "Yep. Us. Badass kickass chickies."

Tuesday hums. Then hums again. "You know you can cheat now right? It would help. Maybe explore how you do your stuff, with cheat-codes on will help you will other times when cheating is good." did that make any sense? Meh. If it didn't she could talk to Faye when they got back to the Theater. "But, without cheating. That's like wow. Impressive. I mean it. Totally. I'm not being sarcastic." nods.

"Hmm. Yeah. Kinda. And it depends on what you want. Like spicy, sweet. Smokey, like normal barbecue." more nodding.

"Sweet." smirk. "We could do that. There's gotta be a way to make some, or like, maybe buy something that could work." thoughts, laughter, "Yep. Totally. And yep. Check out....wait. Do you wanna get anything else here, or you wanna head to the food court right away?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Giggling, “Well, if we can get wifi on the roof, I can bring my laptop up there and we can do research. Maybe have smores or something,” shrugging, “Or not, just an idea. Sorry, I’ve just never really had girls to hang out with, so my is running overtime. We don’t have to hang out or anything, no worries.” She shrugs. “And I can totally help with makeup if you want.” She offers, not sure if Tuesday wanted to try her hand at her own makeup or not. “And yeah, damn right! Badass.” There was a slow nod.

Smirking with a nod, “Yeah. I guess there isn’t anything wrong with using a cheat, see how it works and all that.” Increasing some of her physical skills would be a huge help. But it did kind of feel wrong. She’d have to play around with it, nothing wrong with trying it out. “Well, I didn’t always have access to cheats. Have to remember, I grew up in this field, it’s in my blood so to speak.” It wasn’t a childhood she’d wish on anyone though, looking back at it.

“Hmmm, not sure, so all of them?”
    she asks with a grin. “I mean, each flavor has its own unique way of enhancing flavors. So not knowing how each would pair with peanuts, I want to try them all and go from there.” Yup.

“Uh,” she looks around, “I don’t see anything else here. I mean, we originally came after these.” She says holding up the water guns. “I know they used to make holsters for kids, but I don’t know if they make them anymore. But there’s no reason we can’t make something. Or we can find a toy store ad see what they have, there has to be something.”

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"I don't know how far the wifi goes. Maybe a physics person could, you know. Make it. But I can't cheat like that....yet." seriously she should learn too. Since. Surprise. Amazing~

"Well. I'm not either. Since. Well I don't wanna get into it here. But maybe don't force it. Since. Human nature to when you know spend a whole wack of time with someone you start to grate on each other and I don't want that to happen. I like you. So. Grating. Bad. So sure. Today is a girls day which is for when we get home too. So snacks and stuff. So yeah we could s'mores. But maybe not makeup. Save that for another day?"

"It would help with the pain s'all I'm saying. And you could get you know, mega awesome shit that you can't do without more practice, and that you can't do when the years start to add up. Because older. Not saying you are, but it'll help with the soreness." shrugs.

A laugh, "Okay, we can try a few kinds. I'll get to making some. Which means I need to get some stuff from here, and not just the waterguns." walking away from the toys, and towards where hopefully food stuffs lay, "Hmm, we could internet that and order something online. I'm sure someone's made harnesses for super soakers out there."

6. Likes Orianna liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Well, that was good to know. “It’s all good, if all else fails and I want internet up there I’ll just use my cell.” There was this awesome little feature where she could use the internet from the phone on her laptop. Drained the battery like a bitch, but it worked when you need something.

Nodding, “Yeah, grating bad.” Made sense, and Faye was still getting used to this whole thing. “And we can def save the makeup for another day. It’s not like we can’t get ahold of each other.” She says with a laugh. “Well, unless I’m at my loft or something, but yeah.” Whatever, they’d figure it out.

“Ah, yeah. That’d be great! Cause even after all these years, the day after some serious training has me hurting all over. Might have to look into that.” There was a smirk and a snort at the age thing, “The years do add up, and while I’m not really old yet, it’s starting to catch up. But I also like to think times been good to me.” She knew the unicorn would understand. The Path of Thistle was kind to those who followed it with aging. And thankfully, so was her new Path, she had never felt more alive. “We could also get a hot tub.” Shrug, “You know, for soreness and general awesomeness.” Nod, “True story.” But they were expensive.

“Sweet! I can totally throw some money at that, just let me know what is needed and it will happen.” Following the Enchantress, “Yeah, the internet would work. Maybe one of those sites where people make and sell things. I mean, I might be able to throw something together, but my skills are more with furniture and the like. But if I can find a picture, it could happen, gonna have to see. Would be cheaper too, usually is.”

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Sage nod. "Phones are snazzy."

More nodding, "Yep. And I don't wanna grate. 'Cause. Liking you. And I don't want that to change." firm nod, "Ha, yeah. And even if you're Lofting. I have you number."

"It's prolly worse then it used to be, right? Like you're pushing your body harder and harder, because everything else is learned and easy for you right? So I can see the hurting." nodding because aging. Getting it. "Prolly hurt right? When you did the swap...like from me to you. And all the years started to matter. So. Yeah. Do the cheating. At least to help with your sore."

A pause then a snort, the a laugh.

"Ohh, definitely. That would be awesome. Because awesome. Maybe....hum." that thought on pause, because public and Matter and maybe frivolous. "But yeah. Pricey."

Continuing along, "Ha, sure. If we're gonna do them all then I'm gonna need more then what I'd normally get. Since. All the Kinds." laugh, "We can look when we get home. And there's prolly some patterns or something online to copy, or to change to work for us."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Nodding, lofting was important to her. Despite being part of a Cabal and enjoying others company, Faye also enjoyed her alone time. Her loft allowed her to have that uninterrupted.

Laughing with a shake of her head, “Actually, it hasn’t been worse than usual. While there are things that come as second nature to me now, a body will naturally begin to wear down with age.” Her next question was a little surprising. “Hurt?” she says, looking to Tuesday, her eyes getting a faraway look. A few moments passed before she refocused, “I don’t remember it hurting. Actually, once I knew what happened, I realized I had never felt more alive. Life became more vibrant, my heart beat with this new beat, and this fire burned within. Time might have been kind to me before, but Life ignited this fire within that drives me in ways I never knew before.” It was hard to explain. “But I’m going to try the cheating, not saying it will be an all the time thing, but gonna try it.” Couldn’t hurt, and might be fun.

“Yeah, the price sucks. Always been a desire of mine to have one. Cause they make you insanely popular for parties, but also cause they are super relaxing.” How to super rich! “Then again, there are times I’m pretty popular for parties.” She says with a laugh.

Nodding, “Cool, just point out what’s needed and I’ll make it happen.”

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Tuesday shakes her head, "No, I mean not the rightness or whatever. But the years. For me. You know, don't weigh as much. Because." Acanthus. "That's what I meant, Life being vibrant and awesome is awesome, but I was wandering if the switch made the years weigh more. Which, I guess means hurting?" head shake, "Maybe hurt was the wrong word."

"But yeah. Cheating. We can. So. Yeah trying it. Sounds like a plan, plus maybe this way it'll be second nature so you can do the cheating better when you're panicked." beat, "Not to say you're prone to panic, but. Shit happens." shrug.

"Welp." smile, "I guess we have a project to save for."

Laugh, "Some how, I already guessed you'd be pretty popular at parties."

"So. Yeah. Peanuts, lots of 'em. Well maybe not lots, but more then a bag. Since. All the different kinds. I have spices and seasonings at home, but I don't know if I have all that I need. I'd like some fresh garlic and not use garlic powder....also some onions wouldn't hurt. Caramelize some onions, and make something else with 'em maybe..." continuing down aisle and spying things on shelves. "Wanna find a recipe on your phone so we could try that, or just some for a rub or a sauce you like? Then we wouldn't have to buy a whole lot."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her head slowly nods before shaking, “I haven’t felt any different in that regard. At least, not yet. Ask me again in a few years and I might have a different answer.” She says with a wink.

“Yeah, shit does happen. It’ll be fun to see how far I can push myself and the limits with cheating.” Nod. Would she be able to pull of stunts she couldn’t before? "Maybe I can try a different suspension, like a horizontal face-up." she then looked thoughtful, maybe playing out the suspension in her mind.

Laughing along, “Sometimes. It’s why I seem to do more private events than ones in the park these days.” But she enjoyed the fresh air and grass between her toes more than the money from private parties.

As Tuesday lists off things she wants for the peanuts, Faye grabs them if they walk past them.

“A recipe? Sure, give me a sec.” items are shifted and a phone appears. Fingers type and screens are scrolled, looking for recipes. “I’d like to try one with some kick to it. Not too much that will eat your face off, but enough to make you notice. Never understood how and why people like to eat the hottest things they can find. It just seems to lose its flavor at that point.” She says with a shake of her head still looking at the phone. “Ah, how about this?” she asks holding the phone out to Tuesday. If the unicorn was ok with it, she’d look for the ingredients.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread