Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Questions and Scene Discussion

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 20 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... Last

Yumyumcrow I'm guessing the other cop isn't down for helping with an Investigation roll? If there's not going to be any interruptions, Tristan would like to continue with another Investigation roll. I guess you can't give me any spoilers on that... but I also can't assume Tristan doesn't get randomly mauled by some cat-thing while poking around for 10 minutes XD Should I roll?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

*chuckles*

roll.

The other cop is securing the scene while his partner tries to get a statement, etc

Social thread is up. Gotta give Hector some air time.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

So I'm not great at writing backstories in coherent text blocks. Or at least I don't think I'm good at it. Stories are more enjoyable to tell. So instead of one story of the initiation and one story of how he got here. I present both as a story.

This is my rough mock up so far for an Irraka Talon. And yes this is intended to be a Glimpse in addition to backstory. Hence its..verbosity.

Questions/comments/concerns/general polite heckling, all are welcome

~~~

From the outside it looked like a barely upkept warehouse. Pretty much the same thing on the inside too. Except that there were a few decent couches, a fridge, and a giant circle in the center with blood splattered around it. Ya, the nose can tell these things now.

My packmate, still a new word, peels off and climbs a set of stairs to stand next to a few others. There’s even a suit up there, who? A large gruff man steps from the circle and stalks towards me. I take a half step back to brace my weight as the man comes to a stop a few feet away.

“Calm down there sparky we don’t go around beating down on new People until they agree to it.” A grin splits the man’s face and suddenly he might be someone you see at a normal bar having a beer. “Now why do you want to swear to the Destroyer?”

“I’m tired of being the guy that has to run.” It draws a chuckle, even from those who don’t know that the new guy is a New Moon.

And prove himself to himself and everyone else. Maybe the gathered Talons can tell he’s lying?

*Blink*

Three assholes spread out across the alleyway blocking Chris’s path. Only fists out so far. This is fucking up the plan. A grin spreads as the Destroyer starts to quietly sing in Chris’s blood. Flexing his fingers he cracks the joints. Poor dumbasses don’t know what’s about to happen.

*Blink*

Pepper spray, honorable? Hell no. But it’s damn effective. The gruff man yells in Rage and Chris takes a step back. But it’s too late. He’s in the blood stained circle.

“Maybe you aren’t a coward after all.”

A grin splits the man’s face but it’s not the cheerful grin from earlier. It’s the grin of someone about to enjoy themselves.

The fist hits before Chris sees the man’s arm extend.

*Blink*

A hand raises. “Gentlemen, I’ll offer this only once. I have places to be. We part ways and no one gets hurt.” The only response is laughter as a spring loaded knife opens. Well shit.

Now it’s Chris’s turn to move.

*Blink*

The man takes a few steps back. Blood glistening on his knuckles as Chris’s body slowly starts to fix all of the shit that just rained down on him.

“Swearing to the Destroyer is more than just delivering a good ass whooping. It’s about thinking things through and knowing how you’re going to deliver that ass whooping too.” He nods towards the can of pepper spray that lays far outside the circle now. A quick punch followed by a backhanded swipe that had nearly knocked Chris’s hand numb. “That’s thinking and something appropriate for your Auspice. Not every fight can be won by being a sneaky shit though. Some fights you can only win be surviving.” Arms extend out and hands rise. “Anyone here can tell you that.”

A pause as the man waits to see if Chris lunges forwards. Which he doesn’t, not again.

“See? Thinking. I would have broken your arm if you fell for something that obvious again. It’s your responsibility to be the trickster. That’s on you though. Here you fight.” A hand sweeps across the circle, parts of which glisten with new blood, new offerings. Not that Chris knows that.

“Offer no surrender you would not accept. It’s not a simple Oath. No matter what the other Tribes might say. In here, I will not surrender until you prove yourself. If you voluntarily leave the circle then you’re free to go.” The man’s arms fall to his sides, in a lazy way Chris would learn is a convenient guard.

But right now?

Right now it looks like an opening and Chris goes for a punch.

*Blink*

Fuck that hurts. The bastard had gotten a few good hits in with the knife. Taking a slow breath Chris pushes on the Flow and lets a healthy portion of what essence he has flow to heal the wounds. A hand twitches as Chris forces himself to start walking again. While putting those assholes down would be efficient now isn’t the time. Besides, no one is going to brag about getting rolled in a 3v1 when they’re on the three side.

Steps turn into a run. With no idea how much time has passed Chris pushes himself as he tries to catch up to the time table. There’s things to do, sneaky things to make people regret choices.

*Blink*

A blurry hand comes into view, or maybe the blurry world does. Several blinks bring the hand into view. “One of these days you’re going to get yourself into shit with that attitude. Damn near flipping out on us during your initiation? Something else you’ll learn to deal with better.” Blinking away the tears..blood? Chris accepts the hand and gets hauled to his feet.

“Swearing an Oath is voluntary here. If you are ready we can do it now.”

Blurry figures stand quietly, always quietly, on the top floor overlooking the circle. Chris doesn’t look at them though. He looks at the man. Eventually a nod.
    A hand flecked with Chris’s blood pats him on the shoulder. “Welcome then.” It rises and points to one of the quiet watchers before motioning to the circle. “Let’s do this before the blood dries.” Again something Chris would learn later. Blood has importance and meaning. And some spirits love the residue.

*Blink*

The fuck is that? The fuck! Rapid steps pull Chris into a shadow that he wasn’t even aware of. Something is rampaging. Ag..aga? Something. One of those spirits that shouldn’t exist. More than one? This has to be a trap. Damnit. A slow breath is leaves Chris as he dashes out of the shadow back into the mess. Something wrong, something is off, but he can’t tell right now. Red seeps into his vision as he doubles in size, clawed feet digging into the dirt as a Gauru sworn to the Destroyer charges at things that shouldn’t exist.

*Blink*

As the spirit departs the markings it left behind tingle. Though even that fades as Chris pushes himself to stand on two feet. With a weary smile he looks around at the gathered People. No longer standing above and watching. Now circled around him. The Ithaeur who performed the summoning gives a small smile before stepping back into the circle of People.

“Welcome to the Blood Talons.” The gruff man steps forward and damn near crushes Chris in a bear hug. “Now the fun part starts.” Weary and tired beyond what he thought possible Chris can barely grunt in question before a can of beer bounces off of his arm.

*Blink*

Stopping in a bolt hole the remains of the pack look at each other. All bloodied, all bleeding still. As they catch their breath a cold wind blows through the room and the alpha stiffens. Then the moment is gone and the oppressive heat returns.

For the first time...well ever, the alpha pales. “I should have known he was gone. Should have known.”

“What are you talking about?” Asks the second.

“Phil, the bastard, weren’t you paying attention?” Despite it all she still controls the situation.

“Boss, I have no idea what the fuck just happened.” Chris says bluntly, far more bluntly than he normally would.

The alpha sighs. “Phil sold us out, and himself to those things. Notice how they took out our Crescent first?” The second nods and Chris too. Silence follows.

*Yesterday*

“You’re getting off the crazy train here Chris.” The alpha points towards Sacramento as it grows down the highway.

“What?” Other words fail.

“We haven’t been able to get a totem, it’s been over half a year. Something is sticking to us.” The alpha trails off as she turns to watch the road.

“She means us.” A hand waives between the now beta and the alpha. “Not you. We had that Bone Shadow look into it a few weeks ago.” The alpha nods.
    “Yes, so we” Again a hand indicating the driver and shotgun. “Are going into the Hisil for a long trip. You need to continue becoming one of the People. And no I’m not taking no for an answer. I’ve heard of some People in Sacramento. Hopefully they’re still there. We’re dropping you off and then getting away as fast as possible. Hopefully that’ll get you free from whatever is tailing us.”

It’s weird to hear her speak of hopefully and maybes. That’s not how this has worked for the past few years.

“Alright boss, I’ll make sure people back home know my number if it changes.”

Other than a little confusion on the transition from first-person to third-person, its a fun little piece. A lengthy intro (Glimpse, as you say) like that gives you plenty of room to flesh out personality. And a writing style for Chris.

Looking forward to see how Chris fits in with a crazy hobo, a grizzled cop, a no-nonsense chick and (if he ever comes back) a smooth-talking rambler.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Thanks for the feedback Travisc06489 ! I've been theory crafting Chris as I try to flesh him out more in my mind. I've statted him out but having 2s in all of his physical stats feels dirty and wrong for a Talon Werewolf. So I'm continuing to poke at him to figure out a suitable concept that matches his stats.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

The crafting continues. Fetish idea as I try to flesh out the Wolf more.

Handwraps of the Hidden Wolf (**) The Herd Must Not Know rings true for all but the most arrogant or crazy Forsaken. A mob with pitchforks can take down a raging wolf, even though the cost will be dire. Still there are times when speed and efficiency matter more than leaving a cooling body behind. This fetish is favored by Iron Masters and any Forsaken that regularly has to fight in a place where more effective forms are frowned upon.

This Fetish mimics the Strength Gift 1 - Crushing Blow.

However the gift requires 1 WP to activate with no roll while a Fetish requires Harmony to be rolled. Does this seem balanced and/or appropriate for a 2 dot Fetish? I'm thinking that an addition cost or restriction may need to be applied to get it more in line. Maybe "Lasts for turns = successes rolled".

Cost calculation using Lore of the Forsaken, +20 points for turning blunt damage into Lethal. The 2 dot range is listed as 11-20 points.

If this is too much / we'd rather not get into custom fetishes the Wallbreakers (**) listed in Lore of the Forsaken will fit thematically too. Who doesn't love punching through doors?

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Seems appropriate to me.

Although, to be fair I haven't checked Lore of the Forsaken in years.

B
    Behemoth

I think this is the right area for someone to ask about the Werewolf venue?

I'm considering joining in.
    I know it's a small group, so are there are any auspices or tribes not represented yet? Any there are three or more of?

0 Scenes

This is totally the place

And honestly none of that matters, what matters is that you create a character you'd want to play.

When we got started there was three Cahaliths of various Tribes and that was totally fine since we were all having fun

So really the question is, what kind if werewolf do you want to play? Is there any role or powers or Tribe or Auspice that draws your eye?

13. Likes Kelreth liked this post
Page 7 of 20 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... Last
Closed Thread