Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Forbidden Fruit) Everything Nice

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    Alexander Brown

"If they already have an offer" Alexander begins, mischievous grin forming on his face, a glow in his eye. "Then we'll just have to make a better one. So, Jersey it is. I'm counting on you both."

For some reason, his mood improves by the second. They got this. They're a team. And nothing can stop them.

With these thoughts in his mind, he follows Otto in search for the manager's office.

"Let's do this."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-29 13:10:14 Alexander Brown rolls 4 to Degeneration roll (10 Again) 9, 1, 2, 6 1 success

The duo pass a few servers on their route to the doorway through which all the staff traffic stems. Not the one who served their table, though. There is, indeed, a door marked 'employees only', which freely swings both ways as the server traffic flows by. Close to the door, a voice calls out to them.

"Can I... help you?" The man in the purple suit says, resting against the wall near the door. He's wearing a predatory grin as he stares at them. His unremarkable face, short brown hair and blue eyes don't quite match the shadows that flash on the wall from the dancer's platforms. Strange, smoky projections like featherbare wings flash on and off. He very casually glances back towards the table where the three Summers had been sitting. "Your friend doesn't like to party?"

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    A
    Alexander Brown

The Man in Purple doesn't look like he serves drinks here, but neither does he look like a patron. It may be that they'd found the manager already, but something seems... off about his appearance, and it's not even about the extremely ridiculous suit. Still, he might be their only lead right now, so Alex puts their plan into motion. Poker face on.

"Help us? That depends. We came all the way from Jersey to look up this club for our bosses and we've made our decision. We're buying, and looking for the manager to discuss the specifics."

He eyes the man expectantly, assesing his reaction to the lie. The grin unsettles him somewhat, as if its owner is here on a hunt. And that can't be good.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-30 18:58:30 Alexander Brown rolls 8 to Deception (Manipulation 4 + Subterfuge 4) (10 Again) 1, 5, 4, 1, 6, 5, 6, 10, 10, 10, 4 3 successes

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Any linger doubts Circe had that the establishment had no fae connections was gone when her eyes caught Mr Purple's shadow. Circe chuckles mirthlessly at his question. She tilts her head and grins at Mr Purple, "What can I say? My preferred parties tend to be more, percussive," she considered slipping in a hint of her old New Jersey accent. But that'd take a bit more effort then she was prepared for at this time.

And Alexander was making the sales pitch, excellent! "It's a lovely setup, but connections make things so much more...profitable," she straightened up her head with a serene smiley, "And its hard to top what's back East."

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-30 22:04:17 Circe rolls 7 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 10, 5, 1, 6, 4, 7, 3 1 success

Fairest she may be but she felt she really should stick to be the muscle.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

O
    Otto Cash

While the others talk, Otto takes a longer look at the man in the gaudy suit. Holy crap, who wears something like that in public. And holy crap, this shadow. Let's hope he's not one of those famed Others who got banished....

The thought gets lost in the cloudy pleasure of the drug, and others' words. The Wizened decides to continue their game. "Boss will be pleased. With such a good product, he might decide to even make it a bigger, while still exclusive, business." He smiled to the other Lost.

Playing to the greed? Otto's always up for that.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-04 13:40:14 Otto Cash rolls 7 to Deception (Manip+Subterfuge+Spec) (10 Again) 6, 3, 8, 6, 3, 6, 7 1 success

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-04 14:01:20 Purple Suit rolls 6 to Size up the situation (9 Again) 1, 8, 7, 10, 10, 9, 9, 1, 7, 6 5 successes
    Eyes first on the Mirrorskin. "Buying?" The grin widens. "Manager's a little busy. The gaze slowly, deliberately shifts to Circe.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-04 14:02:30 Purple Suit rolls 6 to Dismiss doubt (9 Again) 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 7 failure
    "What exactly is it that you have? Back East." He shifts ever so slightly, likely to make himself more comfortable as he sizes up Circe with his eyes.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-04 14:02:58 Purple Suit rolls 6 to And who's this boss? (9 Again) 4, 9, 1, 5, 10, 5, 5, 8 3 successes
    The man sighs as he listens to Otto continue. The smile fades. The look on his face is deadly serious now. "I think you are all here to move in on what's mine. I think there is no boss in Jersey. Rude, don't you think? After I had the bouncer let you all in." He shakes his head and makes a tut-tut sound. "But I'm feeling generous. Maybe you three would like to distribute for me,
    instead? I can even let you sell whatever it is you have 'back East'."

A
    Alexander Brown

The Purple Suit saw through their lie, and everything was falling apart. Their only chance at redemption came with his apparent vanity and confidence. There's not really much time to come up with a plan, though, so Alex improvises.

"The audacity is gotta be worth something, no? Anyway, we could partner up... but I feel you have enough errand boys already. We have many talents, ones you can use... but first you'd need to lift the veil of secrecy a little. To be frank, I think neither of us have much of a choice at this point." He tries to sound convincing, emphasis on tries. To be honest, he's not even that convinced himself.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-04 17:19:29 Alexander Brown rolls 11 to Can't we all ust get along? (10 Again, WillPower) 1, 5, 5, 2, 5, 4, 1, 6, 2, 5, 1 failure

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Eh, if you don't know the name Vincenzzo," Circe shrugs, "You're not big league enough to know about my Eastern connections."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-04 23:41:56 Circe rolls 4 to Manip + Subter (10 Again) 7, 1, 3, 9 1 success

A half truth instead of an outright lie. She didn't have those strong connection anymore. "And if you want us to be truthful, it is only fair that the same be given in return. A truth for a truth as it were. It is only fair, yes?"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-04 23:44:28 Circe rolls 3 to Manip + Persuade (10 Again) 4, 8, 4 1 success
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

10. Bump Travisc06489 "Bump" this post

Sent a message to Sirith. Waiting to hear back if she wants us to continue.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-09 08:44:19 Purple Suit rolls 6 to Consider the proposition (10 Again) 8, 3, 10, 6, 9, 4, 9 4 successes
    "Your audacity is likely to see you to the door, friend." His tone is anything but friendly, but the predatory smile returns. As if looking for something important, he glances towards the employee door before continuing.
      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-09 08:40:25 Purple Suit rolls 6 to Another lie? (9 Again) 5, 5, 8, 3, 5, 10, 9, 6 3 successes
      3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-07-09 08:44:52 Purple Suit rolls 6 to Consider again (10 Again) 10, 6, 4, 8, 4, 10, 1, 6 3 successes
    "My league? You aren't even playing the same game, dear. This is the MLB. You're still playing t-ball." Now he stands, straight up, squaring himself between the Mirrorskin and the Larcenist. "You three have outstayed your welcome.
    You're more than welcome to purchase your next hits, of course. But not in here."

He produces a simple card from his suit pocket. "One of my dealers will set you up. It won't be cheap next time." The man's face falls flat. He looks at the three expectantly.

13. Likes Origins liked this post
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread