Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Truth or Dare for the Skulk

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    O
    Oculus

Crowley, Crowley... where did he hear that name?
    Oh, right, he was dead all right, but for decades rather than months or years. Neither Faye nor Tuesday looked that old.
    Thing is, you never know.

"Crowley? What's the story with Crowley?"
    The Thyrsus Councillor is addressed. His interest might seem morbid, given the circumstances, but if there's to be a life lesson in that...

Again, to Faye, but not exclusively: "Most people attending a movie theatre only go from the entrance to the auditorium and back. That's one of the reasons there's so few of us, and so many of them. If you're worried about someone poking through your stuff while you breathe fire, I can stand guard, watch for anything out of order."

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Yes, yes you did." serious nod.

"Also. Not saying inviting randos inside. Nope. I was just Halloween. We - " hands gesture to all of them, "Could get all comfy in a spook'd up Theater and watch some scary flicks. That's it. Not about other peeps. And if there were other peeps around. It still wouldn't be randos. Just the other folks in the Consilium. Since...uh-yeah."

"Not now Dick." Tuesday was sorry she brought him up, but she wanted to make it personal to Faye. Make a point that if she Rits then she wont have to waste precious seconds Shielding when she could be reacting to whatever the fuck was happening instead.

Looking to Faye the Unicorn got out a laugh, "Poo! I thought you'd forget and just accept the dare." Spearing a meatball with a fork Tuesday contemplates a Truth to ask of the blond. Setleing for a basic and maybe lame question, the Unicorn asks around her bite of the burnedblackened meat. "What's the most embarrassing thing that's ever happened to you?" Wondering if it'll turn up something like Avis' pudding story.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

3. Likes West liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Thrope's interest is peaked as one of the fallen is mentioned. Though Tuesday cuts that off as fast as he asks. Probably not a good time then.

"Now would be fun. Make the place creepy and then watch scary movies." Thrope nods to himself. "I'm in for that. Wonder how messy fake blood is." A hand idly scratches at his minimal facial hair as Thrope wonders about that. Then Tuesday's question. Yep this is going to be fun.

5. Bump "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was part of her that wanted to share the story with Crowley. Not just his death, but who he was and how he was important. But for some reason, she didn’t want to open up that much to them. Not now, not yet. So instead she takes a long drink from the Monster, trying to push the memories back.

Lowering the drink she laughs, “Oh, I’m not worried about anyone going through my stuff. Have to remember, I grew up on the road, living in cars or tents with little to no privacy, so that’s not a worry.” True story, trying keeping things secret or private living in a tent with other Faire workers. “But thank you for the offer.” She says with a smile.

Looking to Tuesday, “So like,” she pauses, “a Halloween party or something for the Consilium? I don’t think I actually remember one of those ever being thrown. Might be a good way to let off some steam and try to have a night of fun.” Was an idea, they could revisit it closer to October.

“Ok, so serious question.” She tries to look serious, tries being the important term here. “Just what constitutes a ‘scary’ movie?” complete with air quotes, “Cause everyone has a different opinion on what they think is scary. Figured it’d be good to hash out before the night of said scary movie watching.” Shrug. She’s been there with a Cabal trying to decide a movie, it was a pain in the ass.

Smirking, “I don’t usually forget those things.” Part of her was worried about what the unicorn could ask. There were certain things Faye was secretive with and not willing to share.

But this question? This brought a hearty laugh from the Shaman, “Embarrassing?” not much embarrassed her, at least not anymore. “Huh, well, ok, without going into the gory details. When I was younger, we were performing at a Ren Faire somewhere in Georgia. I was wear this really cute white outfit my mother had made for me, and well, I’m sure only Tuesday can understand the sheer amount of embarrassment here. During one of the new poses I had learned, a back catch, where I hold one of my legs perfectly straight behind my head while balancing on one foot, simple really. But anyways, I didn’t realize it until there was silence and muffled laughs from the crowd that something was wrong. Turns out I officially became a woman that day and didn’t know.” There was a shrug, “Moral of the story I stopped wearing white outfits.” Her tone casual as she took another sip.

There was a snort of her energy drink at Thropes comment about fake blood given the story she had just told. A hand shots up to her mouth to try and stop the drink from erupting from her mouth, but she failed and a little escaped down her chin.

“Uh,” the hand wipes on the sweatshirt as a sleeve wipers her chin, “Not sure.”

O
    Oculus

It seems Oculus misunderstood what Tuesday had initially said, and she was quick to correct him. She also cut down the opportunity of a Consilium History 101 with the speed of a lightning. Touchy subject? Touchier than usual?

"Understood." is his collective reply to the Crowley thing, the Halloween thing, and the "I can watch your stuff" thing. Faye's smile does not go unnoticed, a friendly response to the misguided offer.

As the talk of the Halloween night unfolds, he adds his two cents: "I don't think we should keep it private. First, because restricting our exquisite company to ourselves is just rude, and second, because Halloween is a festivity of fear. And fear brings people together and strengthens their bounds since forever." His face looks like he just delivered a lecture the logic of which you can't deny if you wanted to. His reward was a meatball and some pasta.

"That's a very practical question." He comments, as Faye brings up the issue of choosing a movie. "We could either try to encompass more sub-genres than one, but that'd probably mean us sitting here for a week." It's amazing how mutable the relatively young horror genre is. "Or we could let fate decide. Throw a die. Even if it's not our favourite we can still experience something new, and that's what life is all about, no?"

The embarassment in Faye's story was veiled, sewn-in between words, but no doubt noticed by all those present, Oculus included. Although the Thyrsus Councilor does not seem particularly bothered, he considers it inapproppriate to laugh or smile. Apparently, embarassment is contagious.

So, who's next?

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"It's not that I don't wanna. I do sort of. But. Tonight. Truth or Dare. Fun. Not painful trips down memory lane." Also down that lane meant saying she didn't even go to the guy's wake. Since she really didn't know him. Her, bringing him up as an example.

Sigh

Hand rakes through her hair.

"Also. Halloween. Meant just us. And you know. The classics fist off. Freddy, Jason. Mikey Myers. Then talks. About other ones, or the reboots. But we could totally do a Consilium Halloween party. At the Circle. Since. Consilium. Spook up the place. Music, drinks. Food. Yeah. Could be fun. Costumes too. We could be like anything goes, or have to be a magical from history or pop culture we like, admire or just thinks has a kick ass costume."

Faye's embarrassing truth. Tuesday bites her lip. "Ooooh." because seriously. These guys didn't understand. At all.

"Faye, honey. You were supposed to Truth or Dare someone else. Buuuuut to speed this up, here Thrope. Truth, Tell us Foxes the color and style of your underwear. Or Dare. Hand me your phone, so I can sext Campy for the next five minutes."

9. Likes West, Kelreth, roadnottaken liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Thrope's jaw falls open as Faye tells her story. Bad time to make a blood joke. "Shit, I'm sorry. That was rude." If the Ladder were to slap him, he'd be ok with it. There are lines after all.

"We could do both. A private movie night for us the night before or after then a party at the Circle." There's enough Thyrsus that hangovers shouldn't be a thing unless someone wants to have one...which would be weird. "If we'd be up for it?" A small shrug. It'd hurt a bit but that's what gatorade and jimmy john's is for.

Horror....temptation....a mix of both? Yep its definitely both of Thrope's face at Tuesday's Truth or Dare.

"I'mmmmmmm going to have to assume you're wondering what I'm wearing right now... Which is a set of white boxers with gnomes in various gangster poses sayings "What's up my Gnomies."" Trepidation a good word to describe things. "No tighty whities, not often at least."

Thrope shifts to look at the other guy present. "Oculusss....." Yep brain fart. "Truth, What's the worst sound you've made from fear. or Dare, we make you into a scarecrow for a few minutes on Halloween."

11. Likes West, Orianna, liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She knows she’ll have to talk about it at some point. The last person she talked to about was Truce, and then he left. And she knew Oculus was only curious because he didn’t know, maybe she’d talk with him privately later. Maybe it’d be good for her.

Nodding to Tuesday, “That can work. As a self-proclaimed horror movie buff, I look forward to the talks. Hearing and debating with others about what makes a good horror movie and which are better, originals or reboots is great!” she loved the originals, but some reboots were amazing.

“Yes! Defiantly costumes, it’s no Halloween without them.” Plus she loved any excuse to wear a costume and find a great Youtube makeup tutorial. Maybe she'd break out the Harley Quinn costume again this year.

“Oh.” She says, taking a bite and then shrugging. “Been a while since I played.” Plus, this way, she could observe the questions and dares offered. See what was off limits and what was fair game. But what was just posed to Thrope, now that was going to be good!

Looking to Thrope with a shake of her head, “No worries and I don’t think it was rude at all. You’ll quickly learn I’m one of the hardest people to offend or upset. Seriously, all good.” She smiles. It was in the past. You learn from the past and anyways, she could laugh about it now.

Her face lights up in amusement at his answer, “Have to admit, those sound freakin’ awesome! That has to be like, a new phrase we have to use!” but she couldn’t say it with a straight face, she was going to practice.

13. Likes West liked this post
    O
    Oculus

On Tuesday's cue the "trip down memory lane" is pushed out in favor of party talk. On one hand, this is good, looking towards the future instead of summoning ghosts. On the other... ghosts can be pretty wise, or so the Moros constantly say. But that is for later.

"I agree, we could do both. I'm not an expert like Faye here claims to be, but I it's not like lacks in knowledge can or will stop me from having an opinion." Okay, maybe that joke was in bad taste. Strangely, however, he is certain of forgiveness for this transgression.

For a moment, he considers if what Thrope says is true after all. But from a logical standpoint: no one can make something like this on the fly. The answer elicits a smile on the mystagogue's face. As the Thyrsus presents the options for him, Oculus is quick to answer, if careful for it not to sound too eager.

"I accept your Dare." That was easy enough. What comes next isn't however, as easy as many think.

"So Tuesday" He begins after a moment, his voice still a bit uncertain. "Truth: What's the most childish thing you still do? or Dare: Curse like a sailor for twenty seconds." As the words leave Oculus' mouth, so do the reservations. It's there. Let's see how this works out.

Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Cool. Sounds like a plan." nodded head, and noodle nom'd "Also. Scarecrow. Has'ta happen. Can't just say yep I'll do the belated dare to get out of a truth now." nod, nod. "Lucky I can't Fate that...yet. So. Dick. Don't make me regret my lack of Fate now, or Bad Things will happen." the rasp goes a'spooky.

Hazels turn to the possible gnome wearing shaman "Alright. I'll believe you. But only because I didn't ask for proof. So my bad. But next time. There will be proof!" blink, "Oh, you know, whatever it is that needs proof." Like, Faye the Unicorn likes phrase, and just like the blond she doubts she could say it with a straight face.

Nomming.

"Also. Since underwear's been brought up, I'm only going to do mine. So. You. And you, and you, all responsible for your own laundry." She did not want to see whatever stains there may or may not be. Just no.

Eyebrow arch. "You fuckin' cock. Have you fucking seen me?" a snort, eyeroll. "Faye, you cocksucking motherfucker, son of a two dollar whore, truth, anyone one of these motherfuckers you wanna fuck? Or Dare. You put that fuckin' mouth to work and eat up some of my spectacu-fucking-lar meatballs without a fucking fork or your fuckin' hands."

Smile as sweet as sin, and a fluttering of her eyes.

"I took the fuckin' dare, if you couldn't fuckin' guess."

16. Likes West liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread