Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(House Call) The Cat Returns

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

The Mole-Man has remained silent thus far, concentrating on the house that Wibble's just pointed out to them, trying to get a good look at it through the screening growth. His beady eyes narrow as he attempts to discern any visible movement, or anything out of the ordinary with the structure.

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-18 19:31:24 Thomas Land rolls 5 to Wits2 + Composure3 (10 Again) 9, 7, 6, 8, 10, 9 4 successes

Thomas turns his attentions back to the conversation unfolding in the awfully cramped interior of the car. He doesn't have much to add concerning strategies for entry. He's not particularly sneaky, and he's terrible when it comes to all things social, especially bullshitting. But he's got other concerns:

"Sir Wibble, your beloved was well aware of, well, Fae matters. But, ah, do you think anyone else in that home is privy to such information? Should we be, yes, prepared for more than simply the mundane when we make our, um, approach?"

Before getting too far with planning, it's best they know something of what awaits them inside.

Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Defense: 3 +1
    Heath: Willpower
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

"I'm an Elemental." Mhairi says quite plainly. Assuming that everyone in the cramped car will understand what that meant, "And I do not have any contracts to help with something like that." But shouldn't the only Fairest in the car have something like that.

"Thank you Meister Wibble. Now we know what to keep an eye out for." Mhairi nods even if the tom-cat can't see it.

Though it was a shame he didn't know the lay out of the house, but something like that was easily remedied with a quick look around. Counting stories, windows and applying some logic.

"Hmm," Mhairi hums after Thomas speaks, "I would be nice to know if your lady's family are in the know,"
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    B
    Brigid McCarthy

Beginning to shift a little uncomfortably under the Hedgebeast, Brigid simply wanted to exit Circe's vehicle and start the process of removing cat fur from her outfit. It was already tickling her nose!

"I have entered into a Contract with Smoke, only a couple of clauses however, which may help. However, I have also begun a new relationship with vanity, making myself appear to be a person of some import. Perhaps we could use that to our advantage?" Brigid suggested, anything to get out of the car and away from this blasted fur.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

That wasn't exactly helpful from the cat, "So nothing about the layout then? Not even which floor the locket is on?" Circe sighed but nodded with Mhairi, "At least there is that." Maybe it would be safer just digging up her grave later. Still criminal but less witnesses.

No dice for mind wiping or brainwashing contracts, "So no Jedi mind tricks? Eh," her ears drooped as she shrugged, "oh well. Didn't think it'd be that easy." Circe knew of some Spring Fairest that'd done stuff like that. She wished she hadn't disdained it so much right now. Her ears perked up when Brigid listed her own skills. The elf looked at the hollow lady: "I guess the question Brigid is: are you better at sneaking or talking?"

Given everything else that'd been said, "Because I get the feeling the family is ignorant. Mostly due to pessimism."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"I know not," Hulumere Wibble sighed in response to Thomas' question. "I doubt it. They are low born beasts."

For his part, the Mole Man continued to study the house and its grounds. Leafy and verdant, yet wild and neglected. Thomas is fairly certain that the curtains are closed: some totally, others only partially. It is hard to say from their position, given the vegetation. He notes, perhaps with a sinking heart, the piles and piles of junk poking up through the greenery and the piles ominously shadowed in the carport.

Thomas can also attest that nothing moves.

7. Likes Origins, unlimited sink, liked this post
    Presence
    (Furtive)
    Autumn Mantle
    (Scent of Wet Dirt)
    Archive
    (Changeling Lore, Hedge Lore)
    Status
    (MS: Library Science)
    Contacts
    (Academia)
    Thomas Land

Beast: Cleareyes

Mien

Thomas’s true face leaves no doubt as to his seeming. Indeed, his appearence is more mole than human. His whole head comes to the fleshly point of an elongated nose. His hair or more properly fur is dark brown and travels down his forehead and cheeks, stopping just before his pink nose. His eyes are smaller, beadier. His back is more hunched, he’s shorter, and his body and limbs seem thicker. His hands and feet are larger and tipped with dirt-caked claws.
    Mask

Thomas is an unassuming, middle-aged man, standing at just over 5’5” with a hunch to his back. Despite his slight stature, he still has a stocky build with something of a barrel chest and thick arms and legs. His dark blond hair is thinning and messy atop his large head. His blue eyes are set wide apart and slightly asymmetrical. Wire-rimmed glasses perch high on the bridge of a pointy nose. His attire is generically professorial: tweed jackets, slacks, button-up shirts, ties, and sweaters.
    Mantle

Thomas’s mantle manifests as a pervasive smell of wet earth. There always seems to be a dead leaf or two, wet and brown, stuck to his person.

PRE

"Well," Thomas says. That one word carries a heavy emotional burden: exasperation and resignation. Perhaps a touch of relief at the prospect of obstacles more mundane than anything else.

"The house and grounds look fairly, yes, neglected," he comments. "Perhaps, hm, it speaks to a certain, well, laziness on the part of the residents," he adds, hopefully. "Which could be good news, um, for us: if they aren't, hm, rigorous about their surroundings, they may prove, yes, without rigor when it comes to, um, whatever ruse we put together..."

Thoughtfully now: "Maybe we take the direct, hm, approach? Knock on the door and, uh, announce ourselves as, well, friends of the deceased?" Thomas has the feeling this Strawberry Marzipan would have kept strange friends, perhaps stranger than their cohort. He glances at Brigid, thinking the Contract she's mentioned might prove useful on this front.

9. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Quiet Confidence)
    Striking Looks
    (Mesmerizing Eyes)
    Autumn's Regalia
    (Autumn Mantle)
    Fashion
    (Contacts, Status)
    Mhairi Ankaa

Mask

A slim girl, with raven black hair and grey-blue eyes. She likes wearing silver nail polish.
    Mien

Her skin; like moonlight captured. Quicksilver drips from her fingers, burning up before it lands. Motes of fell fire escape her eyes. In her hair, a galaxy, forming constellations which mimic the sky, changing with the Seasons.
    Mantle

Fear made manifest, Autumn's Regalia embraces the Wisp, as if she is Dread's most blessed daughter.
    Pledges & Other Things

Pledges

Autumn Queen Oath

Plot Stats

Fairy Floss
    Glamour:

House Call
    Glamour:
    HS Choker+1 Defense, -1g. Sparation3 -1g

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••
    Ask-wee-da-eed Telluric

Mhairi places her face in her hands, for some reason, she'd forgotten about the clauses she did have to focused on not having something like vainglory, to think of how what she has gathered could help.
    "I've managed to acquire the first clause for the Contract of Reflections, so if need be, I could see if the necklace has been moved from place to place...and I've well acquainted with Separation. I could enter the house myself, and if the wyrd wills, I might be able to bring someone along with me."

She lifts her head once more, "We could talk to the Meister Wibble's Lady's children now, during the day and see what we can discover, and if it doesn't work we could come back tonight when they sleep."
    Currently Just a Simple Shade Shard~

11. Likes Origins, unlimited sink liked this post
    B
    Brigid McCarthy

At Circe's question, Brigid simply smiled slightly, the corners of her mouth twitching. "A complicated question, Ms. Circe," she finally replies. "I believe, for the sake of simplicity, I shall answer in this manner; I am more versed at conversation, as well as, bending the truth were required."

Because some abilities needn't be shared so openly.

"I believe that may be the best action, Mr. Land," Brigid agrees before Mhairi adds her own Contractual benefits. "I must say, your Majesty never ceases to amaze. I can't say I've heard of either Contract you possess. May I suggest, however, we make our decision quickly?" she added, eyes glancing to the cat still on her lap.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe gave Brigid a "V" sign with her right hand's fingers, "Cool, you can talk to 'em."

When Thomas spoke of laziness, the Fairest those fingers went from a V to being crossed, "Fingers crossed they're a bunch of lazy idiots," was filled with false cheer. "So we say we're paying respects to...Strawberry Marzipan. Ugh," she imitated Mhairi in face palming. Such a name had to be a pseudonym and not the dead woman's birth name. Unless her parents had been especially groovy when naming her. "Anybody got a way to look up her obit in case we need to know her, uh," she looked a the cat. Risk offending him? She did, "Well the name her parents gave her and not the Stawberry one?"

She looked at the hobgoblin with an apologetic smile, "No offense Ser Wibble but her spawn might not know her by the name you do. Ignorance makes trickery difficult."

Circe eyed Mhairi, "Separation...fanculo, I probably should learn more of that one if B and E is going to be in my future," she shook her head with a loud sigh, ears drooping again. She leaned back in her chair, staring right up at the ceiling. "So talkers try to bullshit them today and sneaks steal it is plan b? Should I leave the engine running just in case?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

14. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Hulumere Wibble's head swivelled this way and that, ears twisting as he listened to the Lost chatter around him. He, of course, refused to participate further. Instead he settled down to lick his paw. They were at the house, were they not? Surely that was enough to get them moving.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread