Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Alien Call) The Alchemist's Return

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Acolyte and Valkyrja of the Circle of the Crone
    Danger Sense ●
    Status; City ●●●, Clan ●●, Cov ●●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The voices draw Alice like the beacon that once was ice cold and calling....
    ...and here.

A plastic smirk curls her lips upward. Even as she moves closer and realizes that the second unfamiliar voice wasn't just high, it was feminine.

A women? Alice tilts her head, interesting.

The Doll chooses not to enhance her hearing to see if there was the other Alchemist in the room. She knew her control wasn't where it needs to be to actually hear their hearts beating, pumping blood through their veins.

Fear and wonder. Toneal inflections she's used to, at least when directed at her, and her Family.

"I said I would bring...others." A bone pale hand gestures to Cynthia. "Regretfully, I could only find one, other." especially when they first set out for this meeting, there was Coven-sister for Alice, two Dragons, and the Robert's two. Now, now it was just the Family. Or at least the ones that were awake.

"I'm sorry...you're voices carried. What's happened?"

Alice asks, as innocently as she could. Cruse willing.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae: | Mimetismo 1: Certain Sounds Active

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    (Emergency Services, Criminals)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu | Lancea Sanctum

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

(Heightened Senses)Vitae 0 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Cross follows them into the garage, unseen. As they enter, he pushes his senses to that supernaturally heightened pitch that the Blood permits. The nervous small talk of these Breathers is clear as day and he knows they'll be meeting at least a man and woman before he's even set eyes on them. But where is the little hunchback?

Taking a position between his party and the two Alchemists, for easy intervention if necessary, Cross settles in to watch and listen. Knife still at the ready. Alice's opening foray seems to hit the exact right note, as far as he is concerned. And, hidden from view, he permits himself a smile.

Now to see what these Breathers have to say.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia followed close beside the blind doll, the toxic miasma an ever present reminder of where she was in relation to her.

The only response she gave to the two alchemists was a half hearted wave in their direction before shoving her hands back into her jacket and standing back. The artist had decided to remain silent as the Priscus started talking to the two. Left with little to do but keep a close eye on them and wonder what else the could pull.

And also speculate where the Burned Man could be lurking.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Someone got here first and ransacked the place," the woman blurted. "And left mannikin's as some kind of sick joke. Do you know anything about that?" There was a wry note in her voice, which ended much too quickly.

"What my apprentice means to say is that some materials were left behind and have been taken. I don't think it is that surprising. Perhaps a rival. Or one of the... um... Others?" He nodded to where the glyphs had been inscribed. "It doesn't matter. I have resources and materials of my own. It should not be a problem to continue." His voice was a little hurried.

Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Past her Albinism, Alice is naught but a doll, beautiful in her impossible perfection. Taking on a inescapable sheen of artifice, both movements and manner seem, hollow and fake. She's nothing but a marionette, limbs jerking and twisting as if pulled by invisible strings.

Marring her unnatural beauty are her eyes, or the lack of them, vacant pits of visceral horror.
    Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Mannikins?" that word draws all of Alice's attention, many could liken her to one. "Ah-no. I haven't-don't know anything about that!"

The women is his apprentice.

"Rival? You mean there are more of you-people interested in the same uh-fields as you?" Alice knew there were mortals that dabbled in the occult, but more kine that could possible accomplish what the Alchemists had... "The Others...have left. I don't know where they've gone. They might have done something....but..." Alice shrugs.

"Good." a nod, "That's good. I wouldn't want to have to...delay any longer."

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-05 11:26:49 Alice Hart rolls 6 to omg really?! (Wits 3 + Subterfuge 2 + spec) (10 Again) 4, 2, 1, 3, 5, 4 failure

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

Nosferatu Curse: Cross has obviously been badly burned in the past with visible scars to prove it, and is that a faint smell of burnt hair and skin?

NOS
    PRE

There are too many unknowns here. Other groups or actors only hinted at by the alchemists.

That these Others had not only ransacked the make-shift laboratory, but also left the glyphs and the mannequins as some sort of message spoke to rivalries that set Cross on edge. The seeming confusion on the part of these two Breathers doesn't help things.

What are we into here?

Still, the Burned Man has no choice but to stay silent, unseen. He's here to watch, and to provide necessary back-up if things turn ugly. So, keeping an ear on the conversation, he lets his eyes rove about the room. Looking for any signs of foul play or ambush. Anything that might seem wrong.

Perception, 4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-05 14:50:48 Robert Cross rolls 6 to Perception Wits3 + Composure3 (10 Again) 1, 10, 6, 3, 8, 9, 8 4 successes

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia was a bit surprised how quick Alice started to let her nerves get the better of her. Then again she had started to associate the word surprise with the Nosferatu Priscus. She listened and let her attention fall on the mannequins. Whether it was some subtle paranoia about these people and the weird glyphs or the fact she felt a bit ill at ease around them had put her a bit on edge. "So you have no idea who left them? Surprised you didn't just toss them in the trash or something." Curiosity got the better of her and the question would go a long way towards drawing attention away from the stuttering doll.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The woman glanced over at Cynthia.

"Touch them? Eeeew. Don't know where they've been..." she blurted again, her voice trailing off at a hard glance from the other Alchemist.

The Alchemist had been staring at the Kindred. Once he had cast his silencing glance at his apprentice, he spoke directly to Alice.

"There are a number of us. Not many. But enough for a society of our own."

Quickly moving on:

"Good. This is good. You remember what you needed to collect? The reagents for the Operation we would attempt on your behalf? The Eye of Thoth? The Breath of Life or Death? The Aspect of the Ibis? And the Unadulterated Vitriol? The Light From a Dead Star? These things combined in the Operation will produce for you a vial of the Water of Life, the Aqua Vitae. I know..." He paused, remembering their last encounter. "It is said by many authorities that it has benefit to your... kind. That it helps with the Dawn at the moment of transcendence. Anyway... if you find the ingredients, we will prepare the Operation for you."

His nostrils flared and he turned to Cynthia.

"We seek nothing more than the chance to prepare the Operation. It is... legendary... And has not been attempted in some time. Some of my... Acquaintances believe it cannot be done."

"You mean..." The apprentice blurted then stopped herself, blushing slightly, her breath catching with a sudden agitated anticipation. And then she took a step back and closer to the thin Alchemist, her master.

The thin Alchemist shook his head slightly. He ploughed on.

"I have a laboratory elsewhere. An old associate and I planned to do the work here, but I don't think that is a good idea. The place is compromised. What I propose is this: once you have the ingredients that you have chosen, call me on the phone. I will bring you to my laboratory and the work will commence in your presence."

While they talk, Cross watches from the shadows. His practiced eyes detect no ambush or hidden threat. The Alchemist might be packing, but he is not threatening in his stance or posture. They are simply two groups having a clandestine meeting in a ruined building.

9. Likes unlimited sink liked this post
    Presence
    (Disquieting)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks
    (Pale Wraith)
    Alice Hart

Baddacelli
    Danger Sense ●

Lyssa Wolfe. Ghoul

Curse

Stats

OCC
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"A whole community..." Alice murmured, a whole group of people that had the potential to create that horror inducing beacon, echoing the ancient pulse of a dread god.

"Ahh-no. Not-uh-yet." Alice fumbles the thought of more of those false heart being created terrified, her and the Wraith. "The-ah reagents are...difficult to ah-acquire."

Tonight was just not her night. Which could prove fatal.

"We believe you....the Golden Dawn..." Alice tried one last time, throwing words together she'd heard from them to make it seem like she wasn't as...raddled as she was.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-07 11:47:27 Alice Hart rolls 5 to lying! (Wits 3 + Subterfuge 2) (10 Again) 6, 1, 5, 4, 6 failure

11. Likes unlimited sink liked this post

Robert Cross
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquility)
    Allies
    (Emergency Services)
    Contacts
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Robert Cross

NOS
    PRE

Seeing no real, or at least immediate, threats, the Burned Man returns his attention to the conversation. The Alchemist is listing his necessary reagents for their experiments and Cross, unable to take notes in his cloaked state, is forced to try to memorize the list, along with many of the other unfamiliar terms used by this strange man. As he has nothing else to do at the moment, he's able to do this quite well.

5 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-07 12:18:33 Robert Cross rolls 5 to Memorize Occult Details Intel2 + Composure3 (10 Again) 10, 1, 10, 1, 10, 2, 9, 8 5 successes

But it's the new woman who catches Cross's attention now. Her strange outbursts and interruptions, her physiological reactions, and her sudden retreat to the side of her companion speak to suppressed emotion. Is it excitement? Fear? He tries to read her reactions. Unfortunately, he's unable to discern what this woman might be feeling at this moment.

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-07 12:25:24 Robert Cross rolls 2 to What's She Feeling? Wits3 + Emp0 - 1unskilled (10 Again) 2, 2 failure

The man's words draw Cross back to the conversation, however: An old associate... Could he mean the hunchback? Have the two parted ways? Such a development could prove troublesome for Cross's other task here: to find and acquire a certain book...

Dead, blue eyes drift to Alice where she stands. She's clearly struggling with this encounter. Just hold on... he urges her silently. But, just in case her faltering performance upsets these strange Breathers, Cross begins preparing himself mentally for what could come next...

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread