Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Papers, Please!

THREADID
    A
    Alexander Brown

Circe seemed to be an easy-going person, so Alexander thought he could set up a "formal welcome" meeting wherever. Still, it can be bothering to constantly watch your tongue with the clubspeak, and considering the line of work the other Summer was in, it was probably best to talk away from any ears.

So, Alexander sent a text to Circe. It read:

Meet me tomorrow at the back of High Striker, inside of the control room, please. 11 PM. Still need to formally welcome you into the fold.

As he ventured deep into the park, only stillness accompanied him. The guards were nowhere to be seen, which suited him well. No need to form questions you don't want answered. He entered the High Striker building and turned the lights on. Turning a key in the hole and unlocking the doors to the control room, he left them slightly ajar, to leave no doubt he is waiting inside. All the machinery was lifeless, waiting to be used again in the morning.

Circe was an intriguing person. Not your run-of-the-mill criminal, but neither the sweet princess she may appear to some. This is going to be fun.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe adjusted the red wind breaker she was wearing, but more so the shoulder holster hidden by it. She had managed to secure a proper holster for her Makarov, from a pawn shop of all places. It was a lot safer then just tucking into her jeans and hoping her belt kept it secure. And the safety was good. Circe found herself missing her old motley and there setup more and more. She'd had fae tools and a armory to use it on! Now just a pistol and not enough cash.

She sighed as she found the back entrance of High Striker, "I should've setup a bank account, yeah yeah, they were right," Circe tried letting it go. It wouldn't do to be pissed when she met the likely Summer King. The facility was interesting. It looked like a child's idea of a battlefield, which made Circe snort in amusement. That is what it was, right? The control room wasn't that hard to find.

Circe walked up to it, pulling down her hood so she could unzip the wind breaker, revealing a Funderland T-shirt. Circe knocked, loudly, with her fist three times then opened the door, "Alexander? You here?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander didn't have to wait long before he's heard loud knocking at the control room doors. Then he's heard Circe's voice, which dispelled any lingering suspicion that there might be any unwanted guests around. There are several simple chairs inside, and the Groundskeeper leans back on one of them before he shouts back.

"I'm here, come in!"

Assuming she does, and Alexander sees the T-shirt, he cannot help but laugh, amused in a good, safe way, like hearing a good story over Sunday family dinner. He motions for Circe to sit on one of the other chairs.

"Oh dear, do we sell that? When I next meet Mhairi I'm going to propose a mandatory ownership of these things. Imagine our whole crew, dressed like that. Even They will shit their pants." Only after the words were hung in the air did he realize he's let the reins a little loose with this one. Maybe it was something about Circe and her conduct. Then again, the overall feeling was a little soured by the mention of the Gentry.

After a moment of pause for regaining composure, he speaks again, his voice leveled and eyes focused on the elf.

"So, Circe, first of all: this is not Ellis island. I'm not going to pull a background check on you or demand for you to give up your associates or supply routes. But I'm curious. You're the first gun smuggler I've ever met and I wonder: how did you become one? Was it a conscious decision, circumstance, family tradition? Was it never tempting to give it all up, remove that one layer of danger from the pile of trouble we face daily?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe giggled at Alex's jest towards Them, "I"m in favor of anything that fucks Them up," was her gleeful response as she entered the room and took a chair. Circe was quite a bit more chipper then the stereotypical aggressive and vengeful Summer. She could be both of those but she thought them fun.

She gave a cheeky smirk, "Oh, that explains why the shirt doesn't have Lady Liberty on it then," the smirk faded at the query of gun smuggling, "I'd say second and third. My," she hesitated for the word, "evil twin has done my old family proud as an assassin. So yes, I am proof of stereotypes," she shrugged, "I knew the underworld, had a few names I could trust. Just so happened they were gun runners." Her amusement returned, "And I can't say I never met a city employee before. Oh, and uh I guess I ain't considered it. Ditching it that is. I mean, I got good reasons to keep it up."

Then she laughed "Besides, its really not that hard for us to smuggle anything. Just drop a three dozen pistols into a cooler," she had a massive grin on her face, "as long as its the one that goes to your Hollow its cool. Literally if you pop in dry ice and tequila later."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

A
    Alexander Brown

Circe was her chippery self, as always ("always" in this case including this and the previous experience during that fateful night at the park). On one hand, this was reassuring, in an eerie way of proving that she won't cause any problems. On the other, the perspective of someone who deals in death iself to be so gleeful is unsettling, to say the least.

"You don't mean that in an ironic way, do you?" He can't think of a great many types of families that'd be proud of an assasin within their members. "Just what kind of familial connections are we talking about here? Is the twin still kicking?"

He is kind of torn on this one. Circe could be an invaluable addition to the Freehold and the Summer Court alike, making the community well-defended and sufficiently connected to the shady side of the city while ensuring the proper position of the Iron Spear... but what if she ever miscalculates her business acumen?

"Good reasons, huh? I bet that's exactly what those poor assholes that got killed in the Valentine's Day Massacre thought, too. But you've made it this far, I guess you know what you're doing." He flexed his muscles. He really was doing too much office work lately.

"So, I guess the next point on the agenda is reestablishing yourself here as the bona fide Lady of War, correct? But when you;re sitting on a pile of cash, what are you going to do with it, exactly? Ferraris, private jets, mansions with hot Calvin Klein models?" The question was playful and not in any way designed to imply a specific answer, but he was obviously curious. It can tell you a lot about a person to know what they're going to spend their first milion on.

Since there's now three Summers rather than two I thought it'd be a good idea to make a legit Court meeting, to discuss plans, backstories and Seasonal stuff at lenght. I propose to make two more rounds of posts here and then move on. How's that sound to you?

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe shook her head in the negative when questioned about irony. As for the kind of family, "Cosanostra. If you don't know the word think Marlin Brando's most famed roll. And far as I know my evil twin is still popping people," she shrugged, "my face don't match her's so not my problem." And Chicago history? That was unexpected. "Totally. I am aware I'm minnow swimming amongst sharks in this business. I ain't a shark. Though speaking of Chicago history, I do want a Tommygun. For Hedge fun, not street."

She nodded in confirmation about her goals. Her left eyebrow and ears raised in confusion."Uh...that'd be bad with dirty money...oh, joke," she laughed, "Eh I'd probably invest into this joint I guess," she waved her hand around to the building, "It goes better with my long term plans to earn the Freehold's respect and strong." Which was only valid if Queen Anne still lived.

Cool, the more the merrier.

A
    Alexander Brown

Cosa Nostra. Shit, that is some pretty interesting background. Alexander tries to come up with the image of Circe being a mob soldier. And what was that about the fetch's face not matching hers? Were they not meant to be copies of persons? The Groundskeeper's eyes widen a wee bit.

"Come again? I thought that twins were made to be...well, twins. Did you or it receive facial surgery? Or am I just in dire need of updating my Fetch 101 handbook? And since it emulates not just appearance, but memories and behavior - Circe, were you a Mafia assassin? Have you ever killed another changeling?"

It does sound a tad reassuring that she plans to stay and make herself useful. Assassin or not, that was (probably) in the past, leaving a very handy skillset. He hears whatever the Italian elf has to say, and then proceeds to ask his signature (and likely final for the evening) question.

"If you could have one thing - not necessarily an item, but a thing - what would it be?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's good mood soured on the topic of her evil twin came to center stage. Her ears drooped and twitched in irritation. She growled, "The evil twin was a white waif with black hair. This," she points at her face, "Was never me. Fanculo fucking damn shit Fairy BITCH made, this, face!" Her ears were flicking with each word after Fairy and she was shouting. Her hands were in tight fists as she ground her teeth. "And I'd rather not talk about it." She took several deep breaths. She didn't need to fuck this up. She had good reasons not to. "And no, I wasn't an assassin before Arcadia," she wished to avoid talking about the dirty work of San Fran. Her old motley had done bad things. "I fought for my motley. Making this place strong will help me protect them. Making...friends here will worry them less."

After a pause she added, "But I see nothing wrong with gunning down Privateers or Loyalists, if that is your concern."

His next question through her mind off the rails. The ears did nothing to hide that she was confused. Because really? Alex asked it like that? "If I could have one thing? Really? Dude!" she held up both hands, thrust towards him with open palms. There was no misinterpretting the incredolous tone to her voice, "That's like a bait line They regualry use. You know that right?!" She covered her face with her right hand. "Shit, please rephrase that before I start selling to Lost. It'd go bad to ask twitchy new guys with guns that question and I actually like you." Circe sighed, "But if you want an answer I'd have to think about the question. I ain't gonna say my Rogues," she groaned out from behind her hand, "My old mates are my family. Not a thing for me to claim or own or direct on a whim. So if you want a thing, you're gonna have to give me a minute to run down a mental list of hardware or guns." After which she let out a frustrated moan, "techie hardware not guns. I can hack too."

A
    Alexander Brown

Alexander is no stranger to people shouting in his face or being quite this furious. There is a moment of remorse, as he ponders the possibility of not bringing up such a sensitive subject on their first meeting. Not that he will be ever openly blamed for that, it just seemed like a low blow.

"Then we won't." There was no use dragging on with it. "And no, I see no reason to frown upon gunning down traitors. Unless you do all the fun without me." The last sentence was supposed to be a half-joke, but it was also a warning: we have (or will have, or whatever) the law to abide here.

The next bit coming from Circe is a little off-putting, too, in more ways than one. First, it's oddly comforting to be assured of the elf's sympathy, although she probably had a predilection towards liking most people (and shoot the rest in the face). Second, he didn't really mean for the question to sound like that. It was supposed to be a probe of a whole different kind. But maybe, just maybe, it can yet be fixed.

"I know. And who can tell... maybe I am one of Them? Maybe I lured you here to grab you by the hair back to the other side, or just torture you for information?"

He glances upon the Fairest.

"But no, I am not. I applaud you for showing vigilance, and if there was ever any doubt in my mind about you being a welcome member of the community, it is gone now. I formally decree you a member of the Freehold of Sacramento. May it be kind and generous to you. And may God have mercy upon you if you betray its trust."

And with that, they part ways, two wholly different facets of the Court of Wrath. It remains to be seen whether it will be a thriving partnership, or bitter rivalry.

As he walks back towards his car, Alexander doesn't doubt for a moment that whatever it will be, it will be interesting.

Great Scene! Thanks! Circe is now a Status 1 Member. I'll bring the Summer get-together in a day or two.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.