Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1706) Sanctuary 8

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"You need to be careful." Nodding along with Faye's words, "But you don't have to be uh...delicate. Time's resilient." with her best, 'trust me. i know what i'm doing' face. "Also. Dick. We're traveling through time to stop the Seers. So. That means we gotta mess with it." she clicks her tongue and rocks on her heels. "Uhhh....so. Example. Here. We sunk the Titanic. Because of zombies and Seers. But we suck the ship, and killed all those people." here she is saying 'we' when she was the only one left who made that trip.

Then she can't help but snort at Faye's words. "Ha." a bit of a laugh escapes her, then she gives a mental fuck it, and laughs. Faye was definitely not the same person she used to be. Path and all. Sad that it was only her, the former Acanthus and Campy that remembered that. That stops the giggles.

She puffs out a sigh. Now she was thinking of everyone who'd come and gone in the last year....and the people who've died because of this.

Campy looks at her and she gives him a look back. Not understanding what he's trying to get across. Which she should, you know, fix. Because the unsaid. She should learn how to hear it better.

...and she didn't just mean with Mind.

Oh. Wait. She got it.

Maybe she should find food. Since cleaning. No food. Slow mind-hamster.

"Yep Foxes Den, Me. Faye, Thrope, Dick and Chariot." Nods, "And the Exchange is everyone else." shrug. "So. Yeah. Solitares are people bee tee dubs. But Cabals are generally awesome. So. Yeah. There is that."

Bite lip, bite lip, bite lip. Do not say anything about Dick asking about striking from behind.

A cough. "Ha-yeah. Maybe. But it's only been a few trips. So. Yeah. Maybe they'll hit us in the now. They are getting closer to now. We're only heading to less then a decade ago for this trip."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella focusses briefly on Tuesday. He had heard rumour and conjecture about the first mission but no-one had said it so explicitly till now.

"Yes. It does form a pattern, but remember - the second... adventure... took us to the Bastille. Doesn't mean the pattern is incorrect. For all we know those points in history could have significance for what has happened here. A ship with a hold of zombie soldiers... An attempt to wrest a temotic obelisk from a fortress..." Now it was his turn to shrug. "Perhaps they are trying to ensure a Consilium never forms here."

Would that mean that whatever tenacious hold they managed to maintain could be seen as a victory? For some reason, it did not feel like it.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes West, liked this post
    V
    Vigil

Time travelling Seers, something about spiders ... perhaps it was fortunate that he'd gone in blind. I'm here now, though.

"When we have to storm the castle, I'll take whatever route is going to work. If we can get the drop on them, we should absolutely do it. But I won't flinch away from a charge, either. And we won't always have our choice of battlefield."

A glance to Tuesday. "I hear you. Going alone is a choice we can make, but it's a risky one. Cabals watch out for each other. And it sounds like 'everyone else' isn't a particularly large group. Campanella, I'd like to join the exchange if you'll have me."

A moment to drag his attention back to the important topic. The one his mind kept trying to slide over. "If they're trying to hit our past, how do we know where they're striking in time to interfere? And if they succeed, what happens to us? Do we just ... vanish?"

The thought of trying to 'fix' mistakes in San Francisco's past is growing less appealing by the minute.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Looking to Campy, “I still want to figure that spider dimension thing out sometime.” But he was right, they didn’t have the numbers and had the Seer’s to worry about. "Now that I can Spirit, I'm curious as hell about what I'd see in there." true story, she was curious as fuck.

End people with a teaspoon? Now that amused her. "Teaspoon? Is that kinda like Riddick and the tea cup thing?"

A nod was given to Thrope, “You bring up a great point. Too bad we can’t figure out a rhyme or reason to how they’re planning their attacks.” Maybe they could, maybe someone would have an idea.

Blue eyes look to Tuesday, the Enchantress was right, Time was resilient, but not unbreakable and not without consequences.

“As someone who used to prefer to be a solitaire, I can confirm that Cabals are awesome.” Not just for the security of someone having your back, but forming those bonds.

O
    Oculus

"As much as I'd like to..." Oculus begins, his words ripe with self-doubt. "I can't claim to understand how this time travel works or the implications of it. You say you sunk the Titanic - do you mean that if not for you it wouldn't have sunk? Or that it would, but for a different reason?" The sheer awareness of the myriad factors to consider makes his head spin, and he is way out of his league here, so the vocalized thoughts come to a grinding halt. He speaks of it no more. "It'd help if we could establish a common element to all those trips you had. Or we could try to track down these Seers in the present, take the fight to them."

The Talon's non answer comes as a mild surprise, but shouldn't, really. These guys were trained for versatility. So in the end, there is only an understanding nod instead of an answer.

Riddick and the tea cup? "I really didn't understand the reference you made here, but I witnessed it first-hand. I thought it was weird right until I saw the guy's sister, also a Talon, castrate a fly with a sniper rifle. I swear I'm not making this up." He really hoped there was some magic involved. Because if there wasn't... the thought of someone being this good is just too much.

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

"I hope we just don't vanish but this is some serious shit. It's breaking the rules of Time as we know them." Thrope looks off into the distance for a moment and then brings himself back to the present with a shake. "At least as I understand them. I'm not far along that Arcana."

A hand motions towards the center of the pattern on the floor. "It...tells us. In a way." There's a pause and then Thrope looks at Vigil and shrugs. "I'm trying not to think on it too much. It's going full TARDIS on us and it hurts to think about." Another good point from the thyrsus Mystagogue. "Do we know where the Seers are around here?"

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"That," she says to Campy "Sounds about right. If the Consilium was never did, then we'd never be here to get with the undoing slash fixing the Seers' bullpoop."

Hand. Hair. Raking it.

"But, we have Masters. 'round twenty years ago, who made the Clock. Arthur. He was on the Titanic, I mean he went Back with us and...didn't come back. Well, he lived. From then, to-uh-well. Yeah. Yeah helped with the Clock. Building it. And being the first Hierarch. Peter Cartright. And we already went back to keep him, you know, living. So, there's someone inside and outside of Time who knows that here, needs to be."

Shrug.

"So. Yeah. There is that."

Moving on - or not.

"So. Here. We knew the Titanic sunk before we went. But the fact that we had to sink it means it wasn't Destined to." There was probably a thread out there were it didn't sink and wouldn't sink and everything was awesome. But that thread wasn't this one.

"Dudes. Here. Best advice I can offer about Time. Well, what I know about Time. Cause and Effect. And Consequence. About it. Time I mean."

Shifting because, seriously they needed chairs.

"Well. Seers. Here. Yeah. There are some. Found some, and a thingy -- Star melted it. Soooo, it's all good and the Seers we met were taken care of. So. There might be more. But, I know there's less then there was." Because she killed two of them.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

10. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Find out anything about them. The Seers?" Campanella asked curiously.

He was still thinking, musing. It was plain on his face. "This... Hierarch. Can you contact him?" The look on his face suggested he was considering if Tuesday was powerful enough to send messages through time. Desperation. "He might be more aware of the situation than we are. And so far all we've done is react."

The distaste was obvious.

"Tracking down the Seers in this present time would take more than we can put together. Not unless we have a solid lead to work with."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

V
    Vigil

An ignored overture. But then, given that the conversation had shifted to existential threats ... better to follow up later and keep focus.

A low whistle. "So this ... Arthur, came back the long way. And it sounds like he didn't quite finish the journey. Thinking about time travel is giving me headaches. And we're essentially fighting a war on two fronts. Can we afford not to track them down in the present, though? Leave enemies alone for too long, and they have a habit of finding you. On their own terms.

"What are our current assets? The Clock, certainly, and it's clearly a critical one. But what else is on the field?"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Shrugging, “No clue.” She wasn’t there for that trip. "But what happened with the Titanic was supposed to happen, not much changed here in the present. So I have to believe we've been doing something right."

Eyes widen as she looks at Oculus, “Seriously? You’ve never seen the movie Riddick?!” how can someone have not seen that movie. Hello….Vin Diesel!! Sighing, “We’re having a movie night…and watching Riddick. Vin Diesel….kinda blind and totally kicks this tea cup at some guy and kills him with it. Fun movie, we’re watching it.” No discussion, it was happening.

Eyes move over to Thrope, “Not my Arcana anymore, so I’ll go with what Tuesday has to say about it.” She then looks to the pattern. The whole thing really didn’t make much sense to her, she was just going with whatever happened. “Just have to go with it, it seems to know what’s going on and where we need to be,” shrug again, “So yeah, just go with it.” Time was funny, and being able to travel back in Time was even funnier…and weird. Beyond her grasp of understanding.

Bullpoop? Did she just say bullpoop?!

And assets? She didn’t think they really had any.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread