Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1706) Sanctuary 8

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    O
    Oculus

The Circle of Creation was an interesting place. It either offered the solace of silence, a shield protecting from the noise of the city, allowing one to collect one's thoughts, process the events of the day. Or it featured some of the craziest mages in the western hemisphere, promising the unfold of an interesting discussion... perhaps even more.

The thick walls and doors of the cathedral prevent him from hearing any meaningful fragments of the conversation of those gathered. There were his cabalmates (thankfully, one of them didn't have her signature gun in sight), the head mystagogue and... who is this guy?

"Hey, boss." he waves at Campanella. The wave gets transferred to the other three he knows. "Hey, people."

The new arrival is approached, and a hand is extended in a welcoming gesture. "Vigil, is it? Oculus, a Shaman and a mystagogue. If Sacramento was your Point B... what was your point A?" He doesn't appear inquisitorial in any measure, it's rather clear he just wants to make some pleasant ice-breakers.

Wait, wasn't Chariot also a Necromancer Talon? A Circle of Creation, indeed.

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

A sagely nod with a sarcastic grin is thrown to Tuesday and Faye. "Hopefully next week is a safe place right?" Thrope's right hand rises palm up before falling to the side, fair is done. "Ah, would be good to know if we get Guardians back in town. Need the full Pentacle."

Thrope shifts to regard the new mage. Hell yes. "New arrivals are always of interest." A genuine smile grows as Thrope realizes there's another Arrow in town again. Good. "Thrope, Thyrsus Talon." A nod follows, details can wait for later. Instead Thrope waits as his fellow Shaman breaks the ice.

3. Bump West "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The puff was amusing to the Shaman and she chuckles.

A curious gaze is shifted to Tuesday at Campanella’s words. The old Guardian sanctuary? Why would anyone be in there? But she shrugs, wasn’t her place and she kinda didn’t care.

Shaking her head at the question, “Not that I can think of, unless there is and no ones told me yet. Which would be really rude by the way.” She says playfully.

Blue eyes turn with interest to the new voice, and a new Awakened.

“That would defiantly be of interest.”
    A friendly smile appearing on her face, “Pleased to meet you Vigil. I’m Faye, Thyrsus Councilor and Théarch.” Yup, that was her in a quick small nutshell. “Not interrupting anything, please, join us and tell us about yourself, you know, all the good stuff.” Or whatever he wanted to share.

The wave was returned to Oculus, “Hey.” She greeted her fellow Shaman and Cabal Mate.

Smirking, “I would think it would be a safe spot, but I’m not the Enchantress here, we’d have to confirm with her.” She says with a nod to the unicorn and resident Acanthus.

5. Bump "Bump" this post
    Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Faye? Yes. Gopro? Yes." a giggle and a smirk. "Needs to be a thing. Since I soooo super spoopy."

Turning to the Moros.

"Campy? Campy? Hi Campy." smile. "You're adorable." no assumptions, but there are questions. Should there be an answer....?

Hmm

New guy. Old guy. "Sorta interesting. We just got a Necromancer Talon who ah...yeah, is not here.*"

Oculus arrives and Tuesday raises her hand to wave, "Hey Dick." she was never, ever going to stop that. It was just too lulzy.

"Tuesday. Acanthus Councilor." then a moment a decision, a fork in the road. "Guardian."

She blinks a little lazily, smirking at the others, "What? You thought Star would just leave without knowing we were all Pentacle'd up?" head shake. "Nahh."

Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

7. Likes West liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella eyes Tuesday carefully till she makes her new affiliation official. Then there is the merest hint of a nod as his eyes widen. Concern? No, more like surprise, then narrowing again (or did they?) He was moving forward, extending a hand to the Vigil.

Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-09 18:27:35 Campy to hide his feelings rolls 4 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 9, 9, 2, 3 2 successes

"Ah. Welcome then, Vigil. Not many of us to begin with. Always good to meet another. I am Campanella," he sighed. "Moros Councillor. How much do you know of the River City Consilium, may I ask?"

Turning quickly to Tuesday. "He has been quiet of late. I assume he must be settling his affairs and preparing himself for what lies ahead."

I'd go with timey-wimey shennenigans as the plot is still on-going and the scene isn't sticked. Simply put, Chariot is unreachable.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

9. Likes liked this post
    V
    Vigil

Eyes flick from one mage to another, tying names to faces. And if his gaze lingers just a fraction longer on Faye ... well, perhaps it's just a trick of time.

And then the handshakes start. A moment's pause, before Vigil accepts each in turn, with the powerful grip of someone long used to physical labor. How would he ever defend, if he didn't trust? And then Oculus' question. Hardly a surprise. "Point A, is San Francisco. And left behind for good reason. The Arrow there took an unpopular stand, and suffice to say they've paid dearly for it."

A glance toward Campanella. "Of River City? Not much. I know that I've heard that you've had more than your share of struggles, and that you aren't the Golden Consilium. It was enough for my purposes. Although now that I'm here, best I learn the details before I become a detail."

He turns toward Faye, as if drawn to a magnet. "The good stuff? I can manage that." A quicksilver flash of a grin. "The Golden Gate Bridge? I'd like to think I've had a hand in keeping it from falling into the bay. I may not have been Awake long, but I accomplished plenty beforehand. And from what little I've heard of this city, plenty more to be accomplished now."

The mention of an absent mage provokes a flicker of worry, but no immediate comment. If the people who knew him weren't treating it as urgent, it was hardly the place of a newcomer to stir up trouble.

Sorry, meant to post as Vigil

O
    Oculus

The newest addition to their Consilium, Vigil, slowly becomes the focal point of interest, at least for him. To be a part of the Golden Gate still standing was a big claim, and Oculus wondered just what justified it.

"A hand in keeping the Golden Gate hanging? What do you mean? Were... are you."
    He quickly corrects himself. "An engineer? An architect?"

When - or if - he receives any kind of answer, he continues: "Regardless, it takes some courage to know about the... struggles, as you put it, and come anyway, especially if you've just jumped out of the frying pan." No way he was asking about the "unpopular stand", if he wanted to tell, he will in his own time.

With a screech, he stops in his tracks at the sound of Tuesday addressing him the way she did. For a moment, Oculus struggled between picking up on it and turning it into a joke or ignoring it entirely, risking she will explain it to the new guy first...and God only knows how she will go about it. Reluctantly, he decides to go with the latter.

Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Thrope listens along and then freezes as Tuesday drops that she's a Guardian. Was she one when they were talking at the Man in Black? Shit, who knows. Guardians are sneaky, that's what they do. That and taking care of business. Thrope's Uncle had dissuaded the Thyrsus from pursing the Guardians. Not that the man was ever sure he'd want to go down that road.

But back to the task at hand. "Becoming a detail is something we all need to avoid." The small script in a book attests to that. "Hell of a frying pan too." A pause as Thrope reconsiders that path.

Melancholy wins out as the Thyrsus speaks. "There is a lot to do yes, and very few of us."

13. Bump "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Laughing, “Ok, that is defiantly happening and I’ll throw some money at it.” Well, for entertainment purposes only.

Blue eyes move between Tuesday and Campy as her head nods, agreeing with the unicorn. The Moros had his adorable moments.

Eyes widen slightly as Tuesday announces she was a Guardian.

When the hell did that happen?!

Not that it mattered when, but she was glad the Enchantress found her place.

She was curious as to where Chariot had gone. Hopefully everything was ok with him.

Ah, San Francisco, and sounds like things had gotten interesting.

“Struggles is one way of putting it. With our numbers being low, we certainly have a lot to take on. But I think we’re all up for the challenge.”
    Yup, they had this. It might leave a few marks and a closer relationship with the Abyss, but it was all good.

Nodding, “It’ll be good to have another set of hands here.” Now the question remained as to whether he would stuck around.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Awesome sauce." Trying it out. Would it replace Cool Beans? Probably not.

Announcement released and everyone seemed...okay(?) with it. Maybe. Well. It seems like a nonissue for Dick and the newbie. And of course, other then Thrope and Faye. Since yeah. Still wished she waited until she had a camera.

Maybe she should be the one who got a gopro.

"Okay. So dude. New dude? Vigil-dude? You seriously have zero clue about anything." finger raises to make a swirly circle. "Well, not anything-anything, but like the stuff that's been going on here?" Hand moves to rake her hair. "Oooohhhkay." hands in front because talking. With them. Not sign language since Avis and Star being Gone made the Unicorn get all droopy when she thought about learning how to get her fingers to cooperate.

A thought occurs because she was a big girl in an Order and everything now.

"Campy? Moros. Rubber stamp." Duh voice, since. Yeah. Gotta get that done since, all the horrible bad stuff they're dealing with will be kept to vague-vague-ness until the new-old-dude was green-lighted.

Since. yeah.

Capitol dubya War.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2017-06-12 22:16:49 Tuesday rolls 3 to Read the Room! (Wits 2 + Empathy 1) (10 Again) 2, 10, 2, 4 1 success
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Page 2 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread