Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella looked across at Oculus, then back to the group as a whole.

"No. I'm not a big time art dealer. I'm too discreet for that." He replied depreciatingly to his fellow Mystogogue. How humble of him!

Continuing: "I say authentic because so many of the celebrity chefs that I have seen appear to be less about the food - the culture of food, the science of it, and yes the beauty of it - and more about themselves; about promoting themselves as a product. It is that which I don't like. I like discretion, what I can I say? A chef's skill will become known by their own efforts. They don't need to blather it about with a loud hailer."

Sticking with the theme of food, he replied to Thrope: "Oh definitely the new and exciting kind. I'm not one for the morning after challenge. If you have done that, then something may have gone terribly wrong with your night." He chuckled.

"And I don't mind tracking down a place out of town. As a matter of fact... lets do just that. You never know what we might find out in the great Sacramento Valley."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

O
    Oculus

He looks appreciatively at Thrope, when he offers his companionship. "Thanks, man, I'll holler at you soon." Having a fellow human being to talk to does wonders for your sanity when you traverse the uncharted. Not to mention backup is much appreciated when the abandoned places are note exactly...well, abandoned. "You're welcome to find out and come along sometime." He offers to the Thyrsus Councilor when she admits her lack of knowledge. "The nearest place that'd fit and I know of is Bodie, but it's a long way from here." Still, even if they don't find nothing good, a gathering of Shamans might be a nice idea.

He notices when Tuesday confirms his suspicions about Campanella, and when the man himself denies it. He's being humble, of course. Bordering on false modesty. It's met with an understanding smile, however. When the boss tells a joke, you better smile. It doesn't mean you have to agree with everything, though.

"You say it as if the cook and the food are completely separate things, but it doesn't have to be like this. It's their personality that shapes the meals, decides seasoning, the balance of flavors, the cooking techniques. As a layman myself, I think cooking is not a perfect recreation of what is written in the recipe, but how it's interpreted by the creator, whose skills, experiences and temperament make all the difference."

He looks over those present, unsure how they will react, or if they even choose to notice what he said at all.

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

Looking at Faye, eyebrow arched, "Can't you just." eyebrows wiggle, because her fingers were busy, "That away. You got mad skillz. Should be a thing you can do, right?" Looking at Thrope "Right?"

"Real? Yeah. I'd rather eat the foods of a person who cared more about the food then their image." sage nod and a strum~

A laugh as Campy explains to Thrope. "Looks like I'm wrong." shrug. Whatever~

Listening, back and forth and the private dick's a little wordy. But that's just him. Tuesday has definitely found that the dude likes his words and metaphors.

"You know," once Faye and Campy and maybe Dick decide on elsewhere, "I could mojo us up some fun. Or a path to fun. Like, there will be walking and y'all'd be my ducklings, but it could be interesting."
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

4. Likes roadnottaken liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Pulse of the Living World
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

"I lost a bet..." The Thyrsus says with a sigh. "Day drinking when there's nothing to do that day and the next ends with very ways to occupy time." A hand rises to cover Thrope's mouth then slowly slides down it. "Ya, hot sauce mixed with something."

"But ya so, that was before I ran screaming down a road."
    Not everyone gets a fun little trip to the Supernal. Some people get chased and chase things down streets...partially clothed. A flicker of amusement plays across Thrope's face as he looks at Tuesday then back around. Ya that had led to an interesting talk from multiple groups.

"The three of us could have fun stomping around somewhere." And may the gods help whoever is dumb enough to try something stupid. "I'm good with whatever then. It'll be fun either way."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Too discreet huh? Well that lead to a ton more questions, was Campy doing illegal things?! He didn’t strike her as the type to deal in illegal stuff, but hell, you never know.

Those were some interesting points, “You know? I never really thought about it too much, the whole celebrity chef thing. But you’re right, they don’t seem to be about the food, but about their brand, their image. And image is ok, but if your food sucks then what do you have?” which was why she liked dive bars and the such, simple but good food.

Nodding to Oculus, “Sure, sounds like it’ll be fun.” This girl was all about trying things she hadn’t done before.

“All I care about is if the food is good. Who prepares it and with how much flare doesn’t matter. But I get what you’re saying, each chef cooks things differently, with different spices and ingredients. The taste is unique to them and what inspires them. Kind of like an art, but with food.” Not that she could cook, but she could give credit to those who could.

There was a laugh and a nod of her head, “I guess I can kinda do that now. But, I don’t know, isn’t that, like, cheating? If you choose to punish your body shouldn’t you pay the painful price the next day?” she asks with a shrug, “I mean, I’m no stranger to putting my body through painful things. I mean, between burns, pulled muscles and suspensions hooks that have torn out, I’m kinda used to pain.” Shrug again. Hell, she even put herself through doing scarification. Her body had been through a lot, and maybe using magic seemed like cheating to her just to cure a hangover or an upset stomach, which seemed minor.

“A path to fun huh?” she looks thoughtfully at the unicorn, “Sure, count me in.” why not.

Laughing at Thropes words, “Maybe a Prairie Fire? Tabasco and tequila? If so, that shits brutal!” and gross. But funny as hell to watch someone else drink.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella remains focussed on Oculus.

"That may be so. However, I still find that many celebrity chefs are not about the food. They are about themselves. The meals they present are inconsequential. They serve only to promote a product - and most of the time that product is the chef. Its like a cult."

He shifted.

"Thats what I'm driving at. A true chef imparts a part of themselves into the meal, yes. As does any good craftsperson pour their soul into their work. But the meal remains the focus. The meal is what is important. Not that so-and-so made it; not that the recipe is unique to so-and-so's restaurant. You see? I don't want to eat something simply because it came of know-it-all's cook book, or so-and-so's restaurant. I want to eat it because the meal is... sublime. For the sake of the experience alone."

He coughed, suddenly aware of how the conversation was flowing away from him.

8. Likes roadnottaken, liked this post
    O
    Oculus

"A... path to fun, huh?" He couldn't begin to guess what that may mean in Tuesday's utterly demented mind, but likely something hardly forgettable. "I'm in." The others seem for it, too, which means it's going to be something done in good company. Bonus.

Speaking of good company, he smiles and nods as Faye expresses interest in doing some urban exploration. His mind already started to ponder on possible destinations for the Thyrsus excursion. "I guess" He starts speaking, despite the fact that the question wasn't really directed at him. "That depends if cars can be considered cheating when it comes to long travel. You're doing away with something that serves no purpose by means of a shortcut, technological or otherwise. No harm in that." Behold, for The Moral Authority has spoken. Meh.

"When you phrase it like that" A turn towards Campanella, and words of a man convinced and simply fazed in equal measure. "I think I get what you're saying."

Robin Lewis, Prudence Miller
    (Current ID, Reality War Name)
    Presence
    (Plucky)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Raspy)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Allies
    (Criminals, Street)
    Tuesday

Acanthus

Trained Observer ●
    Trained Memory ●
    Quick Draw ●

Nimbus

Stained glass butterflies surround Tuesday, each pane on their tiny wings glows a verity of iridescent hues, while showing glimpses of what was, what is, and what will be. When vulgar magic is cast, the fluttering cascade doesn't last, they shatter. Falling into dull, colorless dust before vanishing completely.
    Stats/Bismark

Oct Rits

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 5

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 6
    Personal Spells: 2

[4] 2E Fate Shied (Rit)
    [3] 2E Fate Sight (Rit)

+1
    DV
    PRE

"Prob cheating." Tuesday pipes up, "But that's kinda what we do. Since." shrug. "Yeah...." the unicorn draws out until the sound dies a cracking death.

"Or at least to something interesting." Shrug. "Since. Not trying to do something, you know, specific, I don't know what'll happen. But it's bound to eat up a few hours." head bob. "So. Plan? Cam does us a food-turn and then we do a thing. Sure. Good for me." Not getting any clearer since, public and no one's done anything about the mouth sounds coming the group so, vagueness.

"Is this gonna be a today thing, or a latter thing?" it was sort of important to know. Since. Planning. "Cam? How long do you think it'll take for you to find a good chef-y type that's whoo food and not whoo me?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Thrope
    Status (Criminals)
    Thrope

WID:
    Def 4 -OrgRes
    Armor 2 - OrgRes
    H: 1rb,1b/8 M: -3
    Paradox: 2/2 = +1
    Contagion Sta+2=-2
    Tracking

Written in Death

Armor: 2/2
    Defense: 4
    Health: 1rb1b/8
    Mana:
    Willpower:

Vulgar: 2/2 = +1 to Dox rolls
    Contagion: Sta+2 = -2 to spells
    Active Spells: 4/6

Spells:
    [2]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]
    [4]Honing the Form[+3 Str]
    [2R]Transform Self[Claws, Cat Eyes]

Spells on Thrope by others:
    [1]Fireproof[from Michael]

Smoke on the Water

Spells:
    [1]Organic Resilience [+2 Def, +2 Arm]

PRE

Another glance at Faye, though now Thrope sees more than a pretty mage. While he lacks intimate knowledge of suspension hooks youtube is a wonderful place to get horrified watching. One of those ripping out? Damn.

"Ugh, no, thankfully....well maybe not. I was pretty far gone when I lost the bet. I woke up the next day and hated life for a bit." Yep a stupid stupid night. "I feel like I would lose arguments with you and not realize it." A nod towards the refined Mystagogue.

[COLOR="#0a6d14"Plan works with me."[/COLOR] Thrope knows he's just another body here. With that Thrope shifts half of his focus back to their surroundings.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella thought for a moment. His mouth twisted and then he thought some more.

"How about you give me a couple of days. There is finding a good place... And then there is making the booking. I shall consider it a little challenge."

He grinned. Happy to be doing something that contributed to the Awakened being more than individuals fighting a common enemy. Happy to be building something closer to a social group... a little community of its own.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread