(Spring)
    Fairest
    (Polychromatic, Treasured)
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall hopped off the bus and headed for Treasured. He'd dressed up to see his sovereign... that is, he'd ironed a shirt. He'd only burned himself a little. And hopefully she wouldn't see the scorch mark on the lower back of the shirt.

Finding the shop, he walked in.

Dear one! Is so good to see you again! said Katrin, truly glad to see one of her winter courtiers.

The shop was in an older building, brick, with a huge and heavy wooden door, ornately carved with a satyr's face in its center. Katrin had begun to decorate for the winter holidays, and there were twinkling lights everywhere, in every color of the rainbow. Her store housed a variety of antiques, including some turn of the century architectural salvage in the form of woodwork, light fixtures, and lots of brass hardware. Some cases held vintage jewelry from the likes of Cartier and Harry Winston. Diamonds, rubies, and emeralds twinkled and glowed, their own light reflecting from the Christmas lights.

Come, we talk in back room, I have office there.

She waved to a thin young woman unwrapping a box behind the counter. Watch store, I will return soon.

Katrin led Nightfall to a small office at the back of the converted warehouse. The walls were painted a rich burgundy, and a jewel-toned Persian carpet covered the floor. The half-panel woodwork was quarter sawn oak, and it glowed in the late afternoon light coming from high windows that faced the back alleyway. The room had worn but comfortable furniture, an astonishing array of artwork (is that a Monet Nightfall sees?) and a heavy wooden desk with all kinds of cubbyholes and drawers. On Katrin's desk is a collection of high-end snowglobes, many with forest scenes.

Katrin seated herself in a well-worn leather club chair, and motioned for Nightfall to take a seat.

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

Nightfall looked around, taking in what he saw, smiling at the eponymous shop and it's owner. Following Katrin, he looked closely, curious if she had any antique weaponry. While of no practical value, to him, it would still be interesting, if only to learn the history.

He kept his hands in the pockets of his toggle coat just because it felt right. Like when mama took him to stores with breakables. Nightfall paused to lean over and look at the snow globes, and their scenes, before sitting.

"I need a favor, or advice," he began, drawing his eyes from the notables in the office to rest them on the beautiful queen. "Do you know anyone who can get me a fake ID? Like, the whole nine yards? That could stand up to a police investigation?"

There. He'd said it. That wasn't so bad.

Katrin smiled in wintry white, arranging her pashmina scarf and throwing back her ebony hair. But of course, dahling. Sometimes best thing come from black market, yes? But you must give me more information. Do you use real name? What part of i.d. must be made to look true?

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Oh, yes," Nightfall nodded his head. "Neil Fields." He brushed his bangs out of his eyes. "I guess everything? Like, for a background check on me and Glissade? By SAC-PD," he clarified.

How hard could that be?

What are you wishing to hide? asked Katrin, unsure what Neil needed to fake. Prison? Arrests? Tax problems?

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Oh, not really hide," Nightfall replied.

"I, ummmm, don't really have anything. My Fetch is still out there, so I'm... extra..." he explained.

He shrugged. He knew some people hated, and killed their Fetches... but he hadn't.

Katrin wondered at Nightfall's contradicting statements a bit, and finally said, Is expensive, but can be done. I know man in government who does this for witness protection program. You have money?

Presence
    (Quiet)
    Striking Looks
    (Bed Head)
    Goodwill
    (Spring)
    Fairest
    Nightfall

+1
    SL
    PRE

Treasured Polychromatic

"Some," Nightfall shrugged. He could always take on more students, or a lien against Glissade, he supposed. The anticipated extra revenue from the Sac PD should cover that. Or he could actually charge the pretty girls that took dancing lessons.

"So... it's doable, then, cool," he added. "I'm going to start training cops, and I have a captain willing to endorse Glissade as a facility. That should be handy... I think."

So. Anything else you wish to ask for, dahling? said Katrin, getting up from behind the desk now that business had apparently been concluded.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread