Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(AwCon) Awakening

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
    R
    Redinski

Catching sight of Spade, Errant walks up to his fellow Libertine and leans against the wall. "You know Tyria well?" he asks.

He glances over his shoulder at the rest of the survivors as he waits for Spade's answer.

Q

Matteo Guarnaschelli

Presence 3 (Artsy)
    Blood Potency 1

Mortal Status:
    Culture 1 (Musician)

Vampire Status:
    Invictus 2
    Nosferatu 1

Shadow accepts one of the cracker packets, eating half and putting the rest away in her backpack for later. "Whoever's staying should determine where the den's defenses should be."

Trench
    Trench

Trench just sat there queitly as he munched on whatever rations he had. His shirt was so frayed and it looked too loose to stay on. At least his pants were holding up. For now. This is still all wrong. Why is it wrong? He sighed as he tried to think. He barely knew anything and he felt like he was stuck in some dystopia.

"I'm starting to think we should leave the city...Its long gone now."

Beverely breaks the spell and removes her hands from Tam's head, eying her. "I see your concerns. Wait just a moment." She turns away and steps towards Jordan, shaking her head wordlessly at Jammer's offer and moves up to Jordan. "Jordan, keep an eye on the woman I've just been talking to, her mind's gotten clouded and we can't afford liablities."

With that she moves to where West is talking to some of the others, and glances at the group. "I have a mage over here whose mind has just about given up, and that's dangerous for all of us, what should we do about it?"

PRE

Joshua slips his gun away, as ready as he's going to get. As awful and dangerous as the outside is, he's glad to be leaving this place--the Bell building is a reminder of the day everything went to pot, when all of the rules changed and the tenuous hold they had had on the city disappeared.
    To Joshua, being here day in and day out feels like failure.
    "Ready," he says, moving up to take a place by the door. One hand idly reaches up and scratches the thick growth of hair under his chin.

PRE

Jack looks around at his fellow survivors. He feels twinges of sadness drifting from some of the women and of forced resolve from most of the men. It's not enough to push him into feeling similarly, though.

He unzips pockets of his backpack, one by one, and closing them back up before moving to the next one. His laptop had long since been drained of its batteries from trying to keep entertained with the games on it. So had his DS, after he finished off his laptop. All of the notepads in his backpack at the time he went into hiding have been thoroughly used, every inch covered in various writings including pen & paper games, game ideas, dream journals, and musical notation. The pens and pencils were out of ink and lead.

How he had managed to find the time or patience to do all of this during these times, most of the survivors didn't know. They did know, though, that he always did whatever tasks were assigned to him, and that he was mostly either in a neutral mood, or trying to cheer people up.

After he finished checking his backpack again, he whispers, "Things will turn f'r the better. We've just gotta hold on and stand tall." His motto, the one he'd been saying every last one of these past three months. When people looked into his face after he said that, somehow the tears would evaporate, even though there was no magic involved.

No, this is a different kind of magic. The kind of magic that can't be made vulgar, because there's nothing vulgar about it. Hope. Love. Whether brotherly, sisterly, motherly, fatherly, significant other-ly, or any other kind of '-ly', that is all we need to make it day to day.

He begins to play air drums while sitting on the ground. Anything to not be negative.

Sam Skrit, Wizened, Spring Court
    Tam, Thyrsus, Mysterium

Tam didn't need to hear what Beverely was saying to know what the woman thought. There was no panic or confusion in the mind reader's eyes, so she didn't 'get' it. Tam looked around the room suspiciously.

Who else suspects, but was smart enough not to say anything? Not like they will open up to me. I'm the house nutcase, now.

Tam was unaware of the tears streaming down her face as she struggled against the powerful feelings. She was walking down the wrong path, but she didn't know what the right path was.

Orphan

PRE

A couple requests. First of all, in order to develop a defense strategy, could we have a desciption of where we are, and perhaps a diagram, West?

Second, in order to know how what we have to work with and how best to allocate resources, it would be helpful to know roughly how skilled people are and in what Arcana, plus what sorts of weapons people have.

"Good luck," Orphan says to West, Joshua and Ash, standing up to get to work.

Before assigning the mages to specific roles, he pulls together Ankh, Animus, Tam, Shadow and any other Thyrsus. "I got an idea, it came to me in a dream. It could be complete nonsense, since I know so little about spirits, but it doesn't hurt to ask... even a longshot is worth considering. So many of us know this is wrong... would it be possible to conjure up, I dunno, a spirit of Truth or something like that, that might be able to shed light on things? Or are spirits so strongly connected to the Fallen World that what seems to be true is going to be reflected in them?"

P

Faith Taylor
    Henry Pym

Henry looks at the others, mentally getting ready. Another day. He listened to the others make plans to prove how 'wrong' this was. Insane ramblings. He had been saying it for months : Just because you don't like it, doesn't mean it's not right. It's here, now deal with it.

He silently eats half the 'supplies' he had. He couldn't afford sustenance spells, he'd already used and abused those in the past months. Instead, he walks to Trench, and offers him a hand up, face impassive. "Get up, soldier. War isn't going to win itself." Henry himself had felt inadequate in this shitstorm for a long time. Open war was something he hadn't done in a very long time; The least he could do was get the 'next generation' ready. However little they liked it.

Ankh

+1
    SL
    PRE

After waving Ash away and sending him to someone else with his crackers, Ankh moves to stand near Orphan. She shakes her head in dismay at his question.

"I don't think that's going to work. I don't know if there are any spirits around that we want to be involved with, let alone a truth spirit. So, I'm not the only one with this weird feeling then?"

Page 5 of 18 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... Last
Closed Thread